Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #31
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing more then a promo campaign. They did it in syd and melb (and perhaps other cities?) to get listeners.

The govt dept they were talking about doesnt exist.
no govt authority is going to close a commercially licensed station (think $$$$$$) unless they get people to go to their website...
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #32
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfin
MMM??? What's that? : JJJ is all I listen too, can't handle commercial radio.

Me also.....

Tripple M shouldn't be a FM radiostation anyway it should be AM all they do is ****ing talk.
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Triple who ... I don't listen to radio ... well only if I am really that bored when there's no work on when doing courier work .... It's mainly CDs that I listen to ... or I have the work 2-way going all of the time.

Other than that ... I listen to the engine and exhaust.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FM Sucks. FM is purely about soft **** personalities putting on voices and speaking **** to make their lives more exciting than they really are. What happens to them after the radio kicks them? They buy cheap wine and appear on Neighbours. Wow...now there's progression!

Tony Martin and Mick Molloy though I must admit would have been cool to listen to. Pity I never heard them, but The Late Show was nothing but "Champagne Sketch Comedy".

But I prefer AM. 774 ABC for the footy and my alarm, with the former Magic 693 (now 1278) being another great station.

Yeah, I listen to granny **** but I love it.

So if you think worse of me for it, good on you. Your opinion, if properly supported, is valid.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #35
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=borry]JJJ is good, Jay & The Doc are awesomeQUOTE]

"I really miss Adam and Will"......best five years of radio ever when they were on the J's....... :yeees:
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #36
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

So someone FINALLY is going to eradicate this MINDLESS drivel called Fringe music from the Air waves? YAY. Less negative Ions is good
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #37
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
FM Sucks. FM is purely about soft **** personalities putting on voices and speaking **** to make their lives more exciting than they really are. What happens to them after the radio kicks them? They buy cheap wine and appear on Neighbours. Wow...now there's progression!

Tony Martin and Mick Molloy though I must admit would have been cool to listen to. Pity I never heard them, but The Late Show was nothing but "Champagne Sketch Comedy".

But I prefer AM. 774 ABC for the footy and my alarm, with the former Magic 693 (now 1278) being another great station.

Yeah, I listen to granny **** but I love it.

So if you think worse of me for it, good on you. Your opinion, if properly supported, is valid.

No, you're one of the many who changes from FM to AM.
In Sydney, radio 2GB 873 has won the last 21 surveys in a row. This is in most if not all timeslots. Its breakfast show alone gets over 16% of the audience.
MMM had its day but sadly really strated to suck after Doug Mulray left. Add to that the fact that there is now so much advertising on Radio and you can see why people just don't bother anymore and play CD's, MP3's.

Quote: