Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #31
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

well spotted looks pretty good too abit of a sleeper
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 06-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #32
Disco1986

im sorry for my lack of brains, but wot is a bobtail?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:08 PM   #33
LUXO_8
windsor user

little lip spoiler on the boot
Old 06-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #34
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

i cant see the front on pic *shrugs*

does look good though, i really like the twin exhaust, bobtail and reversing lights. Though im not too sure on the script for "Force 8" or the naming of it. If its going to be "Force anything" it should be supercharged, or turbo IMO.

nothing say you cant do it yourself though
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #35
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

the plastic around the area where the your rego goes arnt reversing lights.. they are just a useless bit of plastic on the fairmont ghias... its prety much the only way to distinguish a fairmont ghia from a fairmont from the outside at a glance.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #36
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Force 6 & 8 launch in Brisbane 30 Oct so a little birdy told me
Old 06-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #37
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

is it an option for a manual?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #38
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
havent seen a bobtail since the VL days
never seen an EA SVO, EB/ED XR or ED sprint?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #39
Filthy GT-P
Saving Water Filthy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock260
is it an option for a manual?

See thread in performance FPV Section apparently only available in 6 speed auto. See link Force 8 & 6 thread
Old 07-10-2006, 01:46 AM   #40
Matty4
Banana

Sorry everyone....
I tried to get some more photos with a proper camera tonight but the cars were already gone.

Cheers,
Matty
Old 07-10-2006, 01:48 AM   #41
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
never seen an EA SVO, EB/ED XR or ED sprint?
and also the AU Falcon Classic

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 07-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #42
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
Sorry everyone....
I tried to get some more photos with a proper camera tonight but the cars were already gone.

Cheers,
Matty
Dammit... No more phone pics from the other night?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #43
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
the plastic around the area where the your rego goes arnt reversing lights.. they are just a useless bit of plastic on the fairmont ghias... its prety much the only way to distinguish a fairmont ghia from a fairmont from the outside at a glance.
*shakes head* how useless is that? it wouldnt be hard to put a couple of bulb holders in there and some bulbs.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #44
philmynuts2
Starter Motor

yeah, thats what i thought... i always thought they were reversing lights, till i was standing behind the car when my brother was reversing it, and they didnt light up as i thought they would... then i was told they are just for looks.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #45
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Ford/FPV will make a fortune selling those bootlip spoilers to enthusiasts with BA/BFs!

Car looks alright, I like the no spoiler/no spoiler with bodykit look.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #46
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
i cant see the front on pic *shrugs*

does look good though, i really like the twin exhaust, bobtail and reversing lights. Though im not too sure on the script for "Force 8" or the naming of it. If its going to be "Force anything" it should be supercharged, or turbo IMO.

Exactly. DO IT YOURSELF.lol. hehehehee the it will trully be a FORCE 8 or FORCE 6.
is this "FORCE" anything to get hyped up about if its just a fairmont with a diff engine.

like its a good step forward and a good performance option.

how many ppl will buy these. whats the projected sales figures and who is it aimed at?

Old 07-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #47
the black pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
how many ppl will buy these. whats the projected sales figures and who is it aimed at?
It's aimed at me. And others who love the performance, but think the current FPV exteriors look too lairy and the interiors look like they were designed by a bitter old queen.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #48
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
Though im not too sure on the script for "Force 8" or the naming of it. If its going to be "Force anything" it should be supercharged, or turbo IMO.

Yeh, bloody ford marketing, they never say what they mean....

Really they are confused:
Focus isn't sharp
Fiesta doesn't party
Falcon doesn't have have a beak
Pursuit doesn't chase things and more imortantly,
Super Pursuit doesn't chase things with its undies on the outside

Why is that so many come up with a total fantasy based on their own agenda whenever any snippets of info on new products leak out?

Now as far as who is going to buy these new toys, maybe people who want a performance vehicle but don't want to stick out in the crowd and attract the attention of all the wrong people.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #49
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Now as far as who is going to buy these new toys, maybe people who want a performance vehicle but don't want to stick out in the crowd and attract the attention of all the wrong people.
My point exactly. So with this in mind, don't you think the name 'Force' would be considered a little boy racer like for this demographic?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #50
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really do not see the point of the Force6 and Force8 in the FPV lineup.

From the sound of it the Force6 is a Typhoon with a lip spoiler and a few extra features that the Fairmont Ghia has over a Typhoon, which if you compare the spec sheet are not great. Same story with the Force8 and GT-P, not a great deal of difference.

I think that FPV/Ford have just slapped together a new addition by using things they already have, nothing new really!

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that there are some people out there who would want to buy them but I just do not see the point. Last luxury model of a similar kind was the TL50 and that thing was a great hit.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #51
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8

From the sound of it the Force6 is a Typhoon with a lip spoiler and a few extra features that the Fairmont Ghia has over a Typhoon, which if you compare the spec sheet are not great. Same story with the Force8 and GT-P, not a great deal of difference.

I think that FPV/Ford have just slapped together a new addition by using things they already have, nothing new really!

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that there are some people out there who would want to buy them but I just do not see the point. Last luxury model of a similar kind was the TL50 and that thing was a great hit.
Just like the standard Ford range, the XT, Futura, XR6, Fairmont and Ghia are all exaclty the same with a few bits of plastic aren't they and really a GT is just a XT with some dits of plastic and different engine.
Come to think of it a commodore is just a falcon with a slightly different body engine and bits of plastic........
Old 08-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #52
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Think Senator/Clubsport killer. XR8 v Clubsport has never been a fair comparison IMHO....

XR8 = SS SS/V
Force 6/8 = Senator etc.

Quote:
Last luxury model of a similar kind was the TL50 and that thing was a great hit.
Yeah so much so they sold how many of them? TL50 was a beaut car I agree, but who knew about them? Who ever saw one at a dealership? Had the marketing been more up to scratch they would have sold hundreds.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #53
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:

thats not a fair comparo.....the TL50 was a Grange compettitor...and ford didnt market it....as mentioned who actually knew it existed
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #54
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:

Focus isn't sharp
Fiesta doesn't party

Why is that so many come up with a total fantasy based on their own agenda whenever any snippets of info on new products leak out?

well my fiesta has had on occasions "partys" in it. so for me it party's enough. lol.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #55
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

Focus isn't sharp
Fiesta doesn't party
You forgot to mention that a Tornado can in fact spin in circles very very fast.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #56
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

I regularily see a TL50. Anyone know how to tell if it's a series 3 from the exterior?

Ford Performance Club of ACT
Old 09-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #57
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
i think there would be a bit of an uproar if a charged 8 was made by any camp. The more power a car has, the more it gets the back hairs up of local do-gooders concerned with road safety etc
Only if its a Ford, Holden can keep forcing the power numbers up as much as it wants and you won't hear a peep from anyone. Whats the deal. The Typhoon made less power and wasn't any faster than a GTS but the media jumped all over it. How do HSV keep the do gooders quite.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #58
R0BD0G
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is it possible this particular ford model could be the next police pursuit interceptor
Old 09-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #59
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

You could say the same thing about the HSV Senator. Its pretty much the same deal.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #60
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Only if its a Ford, Holden can keep forcing the power numbers up as much as it wants and you won't hear a peep from anyone. Whats the deal. The Typhoon made less power and wasn't any faster than a GTS but the media jumped all over it. How do HSV keep the do gooders quite.
i wasnt aware of the typhoon having people jumping on it because of its 270kw claim. I dont know why when holden have higher figures - as do ford themselves.
I believe even holden is starting to push the power limits though - someone with a bit of sway behind them will rally against power outputs of 300+kw and before you know it, there will be a huge following of the general public calling for the reduction of high output figures. And further down the track both camps will be saying 'this car is rated at 270kw' but actually prob does closer to 290 etc. A bit like the phoon i guess - what its rated at and the power it makes will be alot different.
Closed Thread