Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #31
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Depends on wat you call decent bass.. they 8" in the parcel shelf is usually pretty good, especially if ya pair it with some 6x9's running of a decent 4 channel amp..

Other options could be dual 8" in small box behind rear seat with port going into cabin through parcel shelf..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #32
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey jasinex,

Have you modified the actual door to suit the 6"? If so go to the wreckers and buy the factory 6" grils and paint them wat ever colour you like.. cost like $2 ea.. cut out hole in door carefully and fit grill.. away ya go.. i think i might have some grills here somewhere actually..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 28-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #33
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

yeah I was thinking of going with the premium sound... But was also wanted to go with a custom parcel shelf(like a moulding to go over the original parcel shelf) to hold 2 10" subs and my 6.5" soundstream speakers in the middle.....

oh and by the way do you still have your old 10" boot instal laying around?

NC Fairlane GHIA
Series II
I6.
Mods. 2.5" cat back
Clarion HU
Soundstream speakers amp and subs
Lowered
DL LTD rims
: thats it!
For the moment... :
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #34
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Keep in mind your parcel shelf idea would recquire cutting of the parcel shelf which is a BIG NO-NO.. Plus you wouldn't have adequate litreage for the subs so they would sound no bassier than a set of 6x9's..

I can do a custom moulded parcel shelf but yer i would prob do a 10" (possibly free-air) sub in middle where factory goes then put a 6.5" either side of that..

I don't have the old install anymore.. It went into 1FLYRYD's car.. actually reminds me i need to get some more cash for that..

If your were interested its not hard to make it up again.. i have all the dimensions and stuff right here in my brain.. It can be done..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 28-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #35
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

You rekon you could make something that actually *** holds a drink without it going all through my car :@

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #36
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Depends where you want the drink.. i tried intergrating it into the original pod idea but it didn't work to well when ya open and shut ya door.. LOL..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 28-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #37
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA
Keep in mind your parcel shelf idea would recquire cutting of the parcel shelf which is a BIG NO-NO.. Plus you wouldn't have adequate litreage for the subs so they would sound no bassier than a set of 6x9's..

I can do a custom moulded parcel shelf but yer i would prob do a 10" (possibly free-air) sub in middle where factory goes then put a 6.5" either side of that..

I don't have the old install anymore.. It went into 1FLYRYD's car.. actually reminds me i need to get some more cash for that..

If your were interested its not hard to make it up again.. i have all the dimensions and stuff right here in my brain.. It can be done..

Cheers,
Nik
oh yeah cool... how much would it cost for the parcel shelf...

And also how much if you made the boot install agian cheers...

NC Fairlane GHIA
Series II
I6.
Mods. 2.5" cat back
Clarion HU
Lowered
DL LTD rims
For the moment... :
Old 28-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #38
Mickus
Banned

I'd like some guage holders to fit in at the front of the console. Like SnyperEB has..I think.
Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #39
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Boot install would be roughly $300-350 depending on wat in particular you were after..

Custom parcel shelf.. prob $250 unfinished..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 28-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #40
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Alright cheers for the prices...

NC Fairlane GHIA
Series II
I6.
Mods. 2.5" cat back
Clarion HU
Lowered
DL LTD rims
For the moment... :
Old 04-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #41
slayer351

How do you reckon a twin 15" setup would go? I have 2 of the 15" xt15f crossfire subs along with 2 of the Responce 1500wrms amps to run them. I wanted to use the boot as the box and have them mounted up against the seat firing into the cabin.

Do you think this will work if i seal up the boot properly using dynamat or something similar? Or will i need to have the subs in a proper enclosure?

I just dont really want to put in a full size enclosure as it will take up too much room by the time i fit all the 3 amps ( the responce 4x100 for the front and rear stage) and the 2 extra batteries in the boot.

Let me know what you think and if you have a pre made baffel board that will fit up against the rear seat and seal properly.

Cheers mate. (oh and i have a EB by the way.)
slayer351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #42
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey guys,

Sorry bout the delays.. i just been flat out with a new project..

Centre guage pod completed.. goes in pocket in front of the gearstick.. to suit 3 x 2" guages or 2 x 2 5/8" guages.. not angled towards driver or anything.. just basic but more than viewable from the drivers seat.. Pics and price hopefully thursday..

Slayer351.. make a proper enclosure or you will never get the full performance of the woofers.. 15's are hard enough to get sounding good with out having to try and have the boot perfectly sealed.. Plus i don't believe it is possible to perfectly seal the boot in e-series falcons..

Interestingly enough you are running exactly the same amp combo's that i am..

Good luck with it..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 05-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #43
slayer351

Thanks for the reply, Not exactly what i wanted to hear, but what i was expecting to hear.
I will have to get cracking and start making up a custom enclosure then.

What sort of db's are you getting from the 8x12's you are running? That is what i was originally going to run was 8 of the 12" responce subs(I am a jaycar resellar) but ended up opting for the twin 15" setup as i dont have the skills to build a nice enclosure like yours.

I pushed 148.6db with the twin 15" setup and the 2 amps run as master slave in my old car which was a laser hatch. Would be nice to find out how the 12's go in comparison in a bigger car.
slayer351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #44
papaghia

hey roosta how much for the guage pod and is it to suit a high series console? would you post to adelaide too?
papaghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #45
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey,

I haven't had a chance to db meter the car yet.. i don't really car wat i get as i went more for looks and sound quality than all out bass..

Papaghia, at this stage i have only done gauges to suit standard centre console.. i will check out a high series centre and see wat i can do.. prices will be released this week..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 17-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #46
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Haha that's my old beast! Tell Nathan to get on the forums and post some updates! I wanna see what the old FLYRYD looks like now Last I heard he was gonna turbo it again.

Good work on the pods too, all ur installs look mint. Do you do it for a job or just a hobby?
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #47
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey dude..

I can't see nath doing anythin to his ride for a while.. partly cos of lack of job and partly cos the heat on modified cars around here is rediculously stupid..

Nah its just my hobby.. so between my missus, soccer and 45+ hours work a week i don't find much time for it so most of this stuff is done at night after 10pm after work..

Just a quick update for all with wats been happening in my shed..

Other projects on the go at the moment..

*Full custom karaoke machine (For home not car.. LOL..)
*Manual conversion completed (Just have to finish custom shift lever boot and panel)
*Custom interior panels (Doors, Dash, Boot)
*More incar lighting with custom controls..
*Full BA XR body kit.. Just have to finish the rear bar now and do the side skirts..
*Turbo Kit.. Just have to fit it and legalise it..
*Custom gauge pods for centre console..

Plus a few other bits and pieces..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 18-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #48
shoey50

am keen to see these guage holders as i have just down sized my 2 guages from 2 + 5/8 to 2" and was goin to move them to in front of the gear stick under the ash tray
shoey50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #49
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

gauge holders please!! I wanna hook up a water temp gauge and volts gauge.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #50
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

At stage the gauge holders are a 1 size fits all unit.. maximum size gauge will be 2.5/8".. 2 or 3 gauges in the pod.. wat ever size gauge you are using just get an appropriate holesaw and drill away at the pre drilled centre hole..

I should have one unit completed early next week as i start holidays on sunday.. So keep an eye out for pics... I also have another prototype of a gauge holder which i am going to have a play with this weekend which should hold anything up 5".. But yer i will take some pic's of that too..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 18-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #51
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
At stage the gauge holders are a 1 size fits all unit.. maximum size gauge will be 2.5/8".. 2 or 3 gauges in the pod.. wat ever size gauge you are using just get an appropriate holesaw and drill away at the pre drilled centre hole..

I should have one unit completed early next week as i start holidays on sunday.. So keep an eye out for pics... I also have another prototype of a gauge holder which i am going to have a play with this weekend which should hold anything up 5".. But yer i will take some pic's of that too..

Cheers,
Nik
No worries mate, sounds good.

Roughly how much for the gauge holder that fits in front of the gearstick?
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #52
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

At this stage i am estimating a price of ~$100 unfinished with a rough sand or $150 finished, primed and ready for paint.. Postage would be fairly minimal.. I think this is pretty fair but hey.. once you guys see the pics just let me know if i am in the right ball park..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 18-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #53
Felony
Wherever u go there u r

sorry if i missed it but how much for how much lol, do you have a price list Roosta?
Old 18-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #54
GREERZ_04_BA
Dude.Sweet.Dude.Sweet

damm..
they look sweet..

www.myspace.com/greerz86
GREERZ_04_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #55
eed-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looking forward to see these pics mate
520rwhp
eed-250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #56
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm gonna start work on mounting tweeters either on the pillars or on the blank where the side mirrors are. your work looks really good mate, very neat
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #57
barthez

i mounted my tweeters at the top of the dash...
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 01:02 AM   #58
Simmo
White Lightning

hey roosta is there anywhere or anyway to mount three 2 5/8 gauges in an early e-series? either that or a modded triangular panel to house two more 2 5/8 gauges, so i can go 2 down the bottom of the console and 2 up top.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 02:18 AM   #59
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Almost anything is possible.. But i try and make everything look like it was there stock.. 3 down the bottom might be a little to large.. i will test it out asap..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 21-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #60
Simmo
White Lightning

awesome, thanks roosta.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post