Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #31
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quality, reduce the cost cutting ! Its to damn obvious ! and above all train your dealers to be part of the real world ! Times are a changing very quick and loyalty is getting very thin.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #32
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Give me a reliable, powerfull, economical, nimble, well built rear drive sedan without diff clunks and whining drivelines and you'll have a customer for life.
Old 18-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #33
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Quality, reduce the cost cutting ! Its to damn obvious ! and above all train your dealers to be part of the real world ! Times are a changing very quick and loyalty is getting very thin.
I agree.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #34
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Programmable ecu would be a good idea.
No chance, there's a thing called emission laws.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #35
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
lol, so true iRS in a ute is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, you would hate to have more weight on one side of the tray, the thing will drive lop sided. i think the SS utes are only rated at about 400kg or so, what a joke, enough capacity for the tool box and thats about it, its only for show.
Not only is it stupid and dumb, have you ever driven a SSVZ ute. you would think with haveing IRS the rear end would ride alot nicer then the ford. However there is only one way I can describe the ride in an SSVZ and that is SHIT HOUSE... The Falcon ute had far better Handling and road manners then the Commy.

I think the Holden V8 supercar team already knew of this and that why there running a ford front design suspension and a Ford design diff and rear suspension. Oh bugger me they also copied the the Ford heads.
Gee I tell you what I would hate to be a Holden supporter knowing that half of the Holden super car is copied from Ford..

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 06:17 PM   #36
VZSS250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Gee I tell you what I would hate to be a Holden supporter knowing that half of the Holden super car is copied from Ford..
What engine is in the Ford V8 Supercar?
VZSS250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #37
Psycho Chicken
Banned

A wheezer?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #38
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZSS250
What engine is in the Ford V8 Supercar?
A 5.oL ford motorsport engine. What engine is in the holden, is it running the gen III or the old 5.oL.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #39
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some are running the old Chev but most are running the new "Aurora" Chev V8... which is similar design to a Ford wheezer IIRC

Last edited by Perana XR8; 18-04-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #40
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
Some are running the old Chev but most are running the new "Aurora" Chev V8... which is similar design to a Ford wheezer IIRC
Whats that mean.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #41
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the Holdens supercars are running the Aurora Chev 5lt V8. Holden supercars Have never ran the Gen III, because they could not aford the extra cost of oil. ha ha ha

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 18-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #42
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Whats that mean.
Holden supercar use to have simiese ports wich are a pooly design head. Now Chev has copied the Ford engine (there are slight diferances) and holden are useing them in the supercars.

Sorry to go of track.

In regards to the thread. I would like the front spring and struts more firmer and more power between 1000 and 3000rpm for the XR8. The restatment of the sunglass holder like the AUs had.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 18-04-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 19-04-2005, 12:27 AM   #43
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Another improvement I thought of was for the pcv valve pipe to just beneath the broad band manifold on the sixes.They are plumbed into the intake manifold next to the map sensor and it over time leaks oil wrecking the map sensor.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 19-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #44
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboute
I would like to see Ford do a limited run of a decent 'hero car' just to enhance the brands image - could use the supercharged engine from the GT40 - It would have to be something up in the ferrari type specifications for a substantially lower price. Maybe even a 2 door version of XR8 or similar. It would also have to be extremely light - making some of the panels / bonnet etc out of alloy could help. This could also help them set up for introducing similar parts into the standard range.

The other thing I would like to see would be a smaller rwd mid sized car with 2-3L engine and maybe performance versions of it.
Both suggestions sound good to me, although I think personally neither will ever happen, I think that as weird as it might sound, the second one is more likely to happen.

I think the most important thing for Ford to do to make a better car is to make something unique to the Australian market - it worked for the Territory - and make something that people are interested in. I think Ford are nuts to not be at least working on a car smaller then a Falcon that is still RWD, it would have no competition, and as seen in http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=3012 there is interest, at least from people on here...

Come on Ford, give us what we want, a limited edition "hero" car, and a small to medium size RWD/AWD car...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #45
turboute
turboute

I would think the only serious competeditors to a smaller RWD sedan would be among the ranks of BMW, Lexus, Merc etc, If Ford could produce something of similar (I dont expect the same though) quality for around 30k it should do fine (also could eat up vectra and astra sales).
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #46
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Just remember one thing.I took my car in for a steering rack recall and it ended up leaking dry the very next day.When I went back they denied everything.So it is the luck of the draw too.
i took mine in for the same thing and a week or so later the clutch cable wore a hole through a power steering line
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #47
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
You nailed it Bluedriver.

Daniel
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #48
rob_o

Yes I agree on training the dealers. I test drove a Focus LX with the salesman beside me, and he told me that it handles well because its the sports model. So I told him that the Zetec is the sports model and he replies "nah its just the engine name".

Some people have no idea what they're selling.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 12:23 AM   #49
Stav
Smile

Train the designers more like it!!! Why cant aussie cars be as good as bmw or mercedes?Who the crap are they.Or have Australians lost faith in themselves?I hope not!!

Old 20-04-2005, 12:35 AM   #50
dxr88u
dye hard ford supporter

never really owned an auto ford but i know when it comes to manuals get rid of the

driveline backlash at low speeds, that really ticks me off. and do what ever it takes to

keep a better resale value so us the buyers don't keep throwing wads of money

down the toilet at trade in time.
dxr88u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #51
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am pretty happy with all the fords I have owned. Some design flaws like XF door handle have ****ed me off, but they have always been reliable for me where it counts

10:1 AFR - This only happens at wide open throttle which cars spend little of there time at. You dont get a hell of a lot of more power by "fixing" this with a more aggressive tune, and what happens when you then run that car on a 40 deg day with the air con on and a crap tank of fuel. Ford would get a worse reputation from having standard production cars that ping under load on hot days than for having a safe tune.

Interior plastics that rattle - I think that is more of a case of the shithouse roads we drive on
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #52
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
How about a decent mobile phone holder for the ba?
Yeah how about it!!! Am still waiting on the next one!!!! :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post