Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #631
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: USA 2020 Election

well there is a surprise - NOT!!!
Old 16-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #632
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...-vote/12885200

Good old Tucker got it wrong..........................Again............

at least he "manned" up this time . . . . . . .....
This user likes this post:
Old 16-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #633
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...-vote/12885200

Good old Tucker got it wrong..........................Again............
i like how the ABC headline is misleading "one person" thats it..
Old 16-11-2020, 06:17 PM   #634
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Damn didn't that just blow up in your face. Out smarted yourself.

My point still stands. Calling someone out about posting in a thread about US politics, while making the 2nd most posts in said thread
But the fun is sticking it up the “Cult”.

Feeling sad are we, that the Orange man has lost ?
Old 16-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #635
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

We are experiencing the calm before the storm.

65 days to go.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 16-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #636
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The really smart people on both sides of U.S. politics might need to start talking a bit of a bi-partisan action as the swearing in day for Biden gets closer I reckon . Never happened before that an incoming President is not being given reasonable access to necessary information and once all the legal avenues Trump has used are exhausted he has to do that .. Doesn't he ? You'd never know if just left to him .

They were saying also on ABC AM this morning that the CIA are concerned with Trump as a security threat . This is apparently due to his intimate knowledge of sensitive security matters . A CIA spokesperson said that on air and needed to make sure he understood the importance of being prudent as a private citizen again.

Something tells me that he'll not be going quietly into the night . Wouldn't even surprise me if he didn't attend Inauguration Day without saying something to cause issue .. That said I truly hope he behaves as he should . That'd be a novelty .

Last edited by roddy1960; 16-11-2020 at 09:10 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2020, 09:37 PM   #637
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the back of my previous post .. I was hoping to find the audio on ABC playback but not showing it yet . This did show up from the Washington Post from about a week ago ..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...fc0_story.html.

Believe of it what you will . I know little of the Washington Post and suspect it's not one of Trumps favourite papers . He also has great distain for the New York Times but the article suggests that any outgoing President has huge responsibilities to basically KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT on really sensitive information ..This is essentially what the former CIA agent that spoke on AM today said in a nutshell.. Bloody heck there's a lot of people on all sides hoping he does the right thing on that past January 20th ..
Old 16-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #638
PhilT2

Lots of Trump's staff have complained that he never reads security briefings so his capacity to reveal state secrets must be limited. And with his proven record of lying constantly who will ever know if what he reveals is true or not.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 06:47 AM   #639
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if he starts revealing stuff he shouldn't . . . . . . . . . well the Americans have a way of fixing that . . . . . .
Old 17-11-2020, 07:04 AM   #640
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
The really smart people on both sides of U.S. politics might need to start talking a bit of a bi-partisan action as the swearing in day for Biden gets closer I reckon . Never happened before that an incoming President is not being given reasonable access to necessary information and once all the legal avenues Trump has used are exhausted he has to do that .. Doesn't he ? You'd never know if just left to him .

They were saying also on ABC AM this morning that the CIA are concerned with Trump as a security threat . This is apparently due to his intimate knowledge of sensitive security matters . A CIA spokesperson said that on air and needed to make sure he understood the importance of being prudent as a private citizen again.

Something tells me that he'll not be going quietly into the night . Wouldn't even surprise me if he didn't attend Inauguration Day without saying something to cause issue .. That said I truly hope he behaves as he should . That'd be a novelty .
busch ~ gore,, had the same problem.
Old 17-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #641
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This came through my email in box this morning. Throws some light on how the USA has gotten into the current situation?

A Reminder Of Why The U.S. Is In So Much Trouble Right Now

A DC 'airport ticket agent' offers some examples of why the U.S. is in so much trouble!

I love this as the ticket agent actually names names!!!!

************************************************** **************************************

1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an aisle seat so that her hair

wouldn't get messed up by being near the window. (On an airplane!)

************************************************** **************************************

2. I got a call from a Kansas Congressman's (Moore) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wanted to go to Cape Town.

I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, and then he interrupted me with,

"I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Cape Town is in Massachusetts."

Without trying to make him look stupid, I calmly explained, "Cape Cod is in Massachusetts ,

Cape Town is in South Africa." His response -- 'click.'

3. A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida package we did.

I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room.

I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.

He replied, "Don't lie to me!, I looked on the map, and Florida is a very THIN state!!"

4. I got a call from a lawmaker's wife (Landra Reid) who asked, "Is it possible to see England from Canada?"

I said, "No!" She said, "But they look so close on the map."

4. An aide for a cabinet member (Janet Napolitano) once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas.

I pulled up the reservation and noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas.

When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport,

and we will need a car to drive between gates to save time." (Aghhhh)

5. An Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) called last week.

She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m., and got to Chicago at 8:33 a.m.?

I explained that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she couldn't understand the concept of time zones.

Finally, I told her the plane went fast, and she bought that.

6. A New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) called and asked,

"Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?"

I said, "No, why do you ask?"

He replied, "Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT), and I'm overweight.

I think that's very rude!" After putting him on hold for a minute, while I looked into it. (I was dying laughing).

I came back and explained the city code for Fresno, Ca is (FAT - Fresno Air Terminal),

and the airline was just putting a destination tag on his luggage..

7. A Senator John Kerry aide (Lindsay Ross) called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii.

After going over all the cost info, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"

8. I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman, Bobby Bright from Ala.

who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?"

I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, "I was told my flight number is 823,

but none of these planes have numbers on them."

9. Senator Dianne Feinstein called and said, "I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola , Florida.

Do I have to get on one of those little computer planes?"

I asked if she meant fly to Pensacola and fly on a commuter plane

She said, "Yeah, whatever, smarty!"

10.Mary Landrieu, La. Senator, called and had a question about the documents she needed in order to fly to China.

After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded her that she needed a visa.

"Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those."

I double checked and sure enough, her stay required a visa. When I told her this she said,

"Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!"

11.A New Jersey Congressman (John Adler) called to make reservations,

"I want to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York ."

I was at a loss for words. Finally, I said, "Are you sure that's the name of the town?"

"Yes, what flights do you have?" replied the man.

After some searching, I came back with, "I'm sorry, sir, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a rhino anywhere."

the man retorted, "Oh, don't be silly! Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!"

So I scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, "You don't mean Buffalo, do you?"

The reply? "Whatever! I knew it was a big animal."

Almost to serious to be funny but I've put it into the joke thread too.

As an aside, we happened to be in Buffalo waiting for a connecting flight to Chicago a few years ago and got into conversation with some Americans. When we offered that we were Australian and on our way home they said "Oh, so you will be flying North from here!". My response was "Not unless we want to take the long way home." - Blank stare!!

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #642
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Republicans drop law suites in three battle ground states. From the New York times in the last 10 minutes:

The plaintiffs in four federal lawsuits around the country challenging the integrity of the presidential election all filed notice Monday morning that they were dropping their cases.

In a coordinated move, the filings — in Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — came in rapid succession within less than an hour.

The cases were similarly structured: All had been filed by ordinary voters who claimed that the certification of the vote in key counties in their states should be halted because of election improprieties.

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 17-11-2020, 09:01 AM   #643
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Suits, not suites. Although the effect was toutes suite.

Wondering how many Americans consistently hang a portait of either the incumbent or a favoured past President in their house. Vladimir Putin is quite common in the homes of older Russians here, from what I’ve seen.
Old 17-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #644
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Suits, not suites. Although the effect was toutes suite

Yes.

Thanks.

e and s too close on a small keyboard and no checking.

mea culpa

Cheers

MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 10:21 AM   #645
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been tasked by the Trump Administration to investigate the Dominican Republic's alleged switching of votes in the 2020 United States elections. The administration alleges links between associates of Biden and collusion with Dominican officials and possible obstruction of justice by Biden.

"Mueller is a seasoned investigator, and he has unique talents in this area," according to Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

When the allegations were put to him, Biden is reported to have said, "I don't know anything."
Old 17-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #646
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are you serious, is this the same Robert Mueller who trump threw under a bus?
Old 17-11-2020, 11:57 AM   #647
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been tasked by the Trump Administration to investigate the Dominican Republic's alleged switching of votes in the 2020 United States elections. The administration alleges links between associates of Biden and collusion with Dominican officials and possible obstruction of justice by Biden.

"Mueller is a seasoned investigator, and he has unique talents in this area," according to Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

When the allegations were put to him, Biden is reported to have said, "I don't know anything."
It’s good it’s the Dominican Republic and not Russia 🤣

I think you’ve got yourself a bit confused mate 👍
Old 17-11-2020, 12:23 PM   #648
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
It’s good it’s the Dominican Republic and not Russia 🤣

I think you’ve got yourself a bit confused mate 👍
He hasn't had his cake yet this morning. Give him time.......
5 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #649
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
This came through my email in box this morning. Throws some light on how the USA has gotten into the current situation?

CUT

Almost to serious to be funny but I've put it into the joke thread too.

As an aside, we happened to be in Buffalo waiting for a connecting flight to Chicago a few years ago and got into conversation with some Americans. When we offered that we were Australian and on our way home they said "Oh, so you will be flying North from here!". My response was "Not unless we want to take the long way home." - Blank stare!!

Cheers

All of these people are either Democrats or tied to the Democratic party.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 17-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #650
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1
But the fun is sticking it up the “Cult”.

Feeling sad are we, that the Orange man has lost ?
We all knew it was coming. Just hate to see someone so undeserving as Biden become president. He's what's wrong with US politics. Corrupt, hypocritical establishment politician who has spent 5 decades feeding off the washington teet.

And had to point out the hypocrisy of someone who claims not to care, but has been non-stop posting in here
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #651
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
We all knew it was coming. Just hate to see someone so undeserving as Biden become president. He's what's wrong with US politics. Corrupt, hypocritical establishment politician who has spent 5 decades feeding off the washington teet.

And had to point out the hypocrisy of someone who claims not to care, but has been non-stop posting in here
It’s a different system over there (as far as Poiitics go).

I have been getting a bit of an immature “kick” out of trolling the Trumpists, but I must say that I’m no Biden fan either.

I will say that Trump’s atrocious behaviour, his narcissism, lies, and lack of empathy is something I hope our 3 year old son never sees in our Leader here in Australia.

Trump is a practical joke that has gone wrong.
7 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #652
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 17-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #653
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

So many crass video links CoupeKing and no cash on the table?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 05:40 PM   #654
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
And nothing from his mate Superyobbo either...............
Old 17-11-2020, 05:41 PM   #655
superyob
Banned

Quote:
It’s a different system over there (as far as Poiitics go).

I have been getting a bit of an immature “kick” out of trolling the Trumpists, but I must say that I’m no Biden fan either.

I will say that Trump’s atrocious behaviour, his narcissism, lies, and lack of empathy is something I hope our 3 year old son never sees in our Leader here in Australia.

Trump is a practical joke that has gone wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreew
I like Netflix channel
As opposed to the Democrat's disgusting, cringe worthy behaviour over the last 4 years? I'll take Trump every day of the week. Trump will be president again this term...
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 05:41 PM   #656
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Do you sit at home all day trolling you tube ?
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #657
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
As opposed to the Democrat's disgusting, cringe worthy behaviour over the last 4 years? I'll take Trump every day of the week. Trump will be president again this term...
Well , come on. Put your money where your mouth is ?
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #658
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Show me the MONEY !!!!! 👍👍👍
Old 17-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #659
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
No.

Trump is a “Malignant Narcissist”, look that up Yob 👍
Old 17-11-2020, 06:17 PM   #660
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Show me the MONEY !!!!! 👍👍👍
In America it's called lobbying,
the rest of the world call's it bribery..
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread