Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #841
red_hotxr6
Banned

Howdy and welcome to the site..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #842
Jay_Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnige
welcome mate. u should be living in SA hear P1s can drive any thing
Sounds like a good Idea. But I only have one person from my family over here and Im only 18 years old with nothing lol. If I become a Mechanic I can easily build a Non Turbo car with legal mods quicker than a Turbo car of the same kind i.e Toyota Supra.
Jay_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #843
mcbrain
Starter Motor

Default New Meber

Hi guys and girls, my name is mick and ive been a ford man a long time.but ive only had bombs.owned 30 odd cars but not all fords.I have a 89 ea falcon sedan with 18inch hijoin wheels and a mind kick *** stereo.what would be a good carb to ugrade her with or would i fuel inject.I would love to turbo it but the funds a bit short at the moment.any help would be great.......FORD TUFF.......Mick
mcbrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #844
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrain
Hi guys and girls, my name is mick and ive been a ford man a long time.but ive only had bombs.owned 30 odd cars but not all fords.I have a 89 ea falcon sedan with 18inch hijoin wheels and a mind kick *** stereo.what would be a good carb to ugrade her with or would i fuel inject.I would love to turbo it but the funds a bit short at the moment.any help would be great.......FORD TUFF.......Mick
hi mate and welcome, I'm in launy to. aint seen your EA about?
Chuck a holly on it! LOL! or just go multi point. i have a bluey green ED Fairmont 17's superlow, kit, ect. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the multi point for a holly 500 2brrl setup. more air maor fuel and cheaper than doing the same with the fuel injected setup. just a custom adapter and a pressure regulator then i can the computer off! LOL! I'm north. Where are you? Is your EA cream? :voldar02:
TERMINATOR X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #845
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR X
hi mate and welcome, I'm in launy to. aint seen your EA about?
Chuck a holly on it! LOL! or just go multi point. i have a bluey green ED Fairmont 17's superlow, kit, ect. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the multi point for a holly 500 2brrl setup. more air maor fuel and cheaper than doing the same with the fuel injected setup. just a custom adapter and a pressure regulator then i can the computer off! LOL! I'm north. Where are you? Is your EA cream? :voldar02:
By the way your EA would be injected. it would have 2 injectors in the carby body.
Old 18-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #846
MixPhotos

Gday everyone

My name is Mick and I caught this link while browsing the Heathcote Park website.

Im keen to attend the FordForum drag day coming up.

Im a regular on a few other car forums and look forward to contributing to your also.

Cheers

Mick
MixPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #847
Lima

Default hello everybody...

Hey guys!

Wasn't sure where to put this, I'm a new member here, from South Morang in VIC. I'll be purchasing a BF Falcon in the next couple of weeks, im just waiting for the right one to come along...thought i'd join the forums and get some ideas for modifications/tech knowledge before i buy the thing first though!

Upgrading from a 94 TR magna that i've had since i was 18, it will be nice to upgrade to something that can get up a hill with tha A/C on e
So yeah, look forward to posting around the place and eventually attending some meets and whatnot that im sure you guys do also.

cheers
Lima is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #848
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Welcome!! Turbo?
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #849
Lima

i wish i could afford that! Most likely ill be going for a futura..i wouldnt mind doing some mods down the track though..im young and stupid, there'll be plenty of time to blow some cash!
Old 18-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #850
Dr_FutzLoop
Starter Motor

Test drive a turbo FG... then you'll realise you want nothing but a turbo!. other than that find a falcon thats got a nice note to it..
Dr_FutzLoop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #851
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Haha its still a huge step up from a smokey magna.. Enjoy
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #852
Dr_FutzLoop
Starter Motor

Well at least he's ditching the magna.. better than people commin into work goin... I need part for mit sub ishi mag a na.. So frustrating!
Old 18-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #853
Lima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_FutzLoop
Well at least he's ditching the magna.. better than people commin into work goin... I need part for mit sub ishi mag a na.. So frustrating!
the magna's been a good car overall! I've had it since 91,000kms and its up to 162,000km now - all i've done is change the oil, filters and plugs regularly and its had a head reconditioned about a year ago when i cooked it. Not bad for the amount of mileage i got out of it!

Still the general populous of magna drivers are hopeless, i'd agree.
Old 18-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #854
Dr_FutzLoop
Starter Motor

haha, well either way.. i still recommend going down to a dealership and take some cars out for a test drive.. its the best way of finding out what you like and dont like about the cars and it doesnt cost you anything. and if you go to the used part you can usually find the BA's BF's and maybe a FG all sitting next to each other if your worried about looks.
Old 19-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #855
yachting
Starter Motor

Default hello im new

hiya guys .im a newbie on fords.always had chevies.so my problem is i bought a 302 windsor,apparently a 2004 ford.so i have also bought an original f100 302 cleveland dont klnow year but for 103$the windsor was 1200$.well im asking a few q's
1 ive been told i can interchange windsor and cleveland fly wheel and bell housing.i did the flywheel today and the last 2 bottom bolts wont fit
2 do i file the 3mm out? or not
3 which side does the starter motor go on on the windsor?
4 can i use the clevland stuff.this is a budget what can i swap .....???????????
also i will be getting rid of the cleveland whan i can use what i can comes without a bell housing (if i can swap it)and a c10 box
yachting is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #856
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

new? yes. Your in the wrong section buddy.
Old 19-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #857
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

G'day yachting, welcome to the forum.

If you look around the subforums we have designated areas to answer all your questions, the below links should help with your current issues:

Cleveland forum

Windsor forum

Transmission forum

F-Series forum

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 20-05-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #858
yachting
Starter Motor

Default very new

thanks guys .will try those
yachting is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #859
Vixen SP

Hi all, just bought a Ford after 5 years as a Holden girl... finally saw the light!

My new baby is a FPV BF Super Pursuit in Vixen Red, manual, with a full exhaust. Always had a thing for utes and this one is a beauty! Turns lots of heads, especially when they see it's a girl driving! ;)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #860
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha nice good luck hope u have fun on the forum
carnige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #861
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen SP
Hi all, just bought a Ford after 5 years as a Holden girl... finally saw the light!
'Tis ok lol. I was Holden before I got my EA and then before buying the AU, I was actually looking for an SS but here I am. Lol we live we learn hey. Anyway, welcome :
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #862
mattparker87

Hey everyone!! im new to this site and struggling to figure out how to use it but ill get there!!!..i just upgraded my 01 AU XR6 ute to a 2005 mk2 XR8 ute,6 speed manual,leather int. ill try to get some pics up when i figure out how to
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #863
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattparker87
Hey everyone!! im new to this site and struggling to figure out how to use it but ill get there!!!..i just upgraded my 01 AU XR6 ute to a 2005 mk2 XR8 ute,6 speed manual,leather int. ill try to get some pics up when i figure out how to
Welcome aboard, you will find this place adictive and very helpfull, enjoy your stay.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #864
ED209
ghost rider

Default g'day folks

Just got myself an XH ute and have been pretty impressed with it. My last ute was an old courier, which was basically a Mazda.

I'm more of a sports bike rider than a car enthusiast but felt compelled to look this place up as I'm really liking the new wheels....

.. speaking of wheels I'm thinkin' about some alloys... :
ED209 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #865
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Welcome aboard ED209, you came too the right place, we cater for Fords and bikes.

Don't forget to post pics of both

Bike section here.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #866
SLVRXR8
Starter Motor

Default Hi all

Just signed up, looks like a great site. Just upgraded from an old '76 253 HX ute to the '06 BF XR8 ute, and I love it big time. Proper heating, air con, windscreens and vents that don't leak, power and NO RUST. I hope to learn a lot and have a bit of a LAUGH.

Cheers, Brian
SLVRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #867
ch33z1l
Dawn

Welcome to the forums Brian
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #868
FULY CHIK 87
Starter Motor

Red face New Member :)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself... not sure if im in the right forum to do so??

anyways my name is Casey, im 21 and i drive a 2005 Bf xr8 Boss 260, Rapid Yellow with the Black Gt Stripes, shes my pride and joy , have owned for about a year now, planning to modify in the future. She has the black plates FULY CHIK.

Used to be a reg on the car club scene years ago with a lancer and commodore, gave it a bit of a break for a while and now looking to get back in to it
FULY CHIK 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #869
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well im new to these forums at least, member of AU falcon for a good few months, good bunch of people on this site I must say
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #870
FPV GT40
Banned

Welcome to the forum....

It could not have been too many years ago that you were in the car club scene, you are only 21 now.

Anyway nice choice of a ride, wish I was in an XR8 at 21, you are way ahead of me, what mods are you planning and where abouts are you located??

Those plates would be right at home at Bankstown in Sydney's south west.

Edit: Just noticed you are in WA. so a long way from Bankstown
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post