Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-01-2016, 10:43 PM   #61
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Who else is waiting too long on a package to arrive?

Well some of my diff bushes arrived today - some 3 weeks after I ordered them.....

But only the 2 fronts have turned up..... Still waiting to hear back from the sender as to where the rear one is (as it wasn't in the parcel with the fronts).

I had planned to do them over the Xmas break. Now that plan has shifted to the Australia Day weekend. The rate I'm going it will be Easter before they get done....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2016, 12:01 AM   #62
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
had planned to do them over the Xmas break. Now that plan has shifted to the Australia Day weekend. The rate I'm going it will be Easter before they get done....
Nah; you can still do them over the Christmas break; albeit Christmas 2016 :-)
Old 12-01-2016, 12:18 AM   #63
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In November purchased an extremely rare 90's English soccer jersey which was express shipped from Tassie. Tracked it to Melbourne, then it got sent to Sydney, back to Melbourne and never arrived. Aus Post confirmed they didn't know where it was and I got a full refund. I'm more ****ed that I'm never going to find another one.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #64
Gee-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Well some of my diff bushes arrived today - some 3 weeks after I ordered them.....

But only the 2 fronts have turned up..... Still waiting to hear back from the sender as to where the rear one is (as it wasn't in the parcel with the fronts).

I had planned to do them over the Xmas break. Now that plan has shifted to the Australia Day weekend. The rate I'm going it will be Easter before they get done....
My bushes never arrived - got my money back from ebay. Out of interest your seller wasn't a car model starting with g was it?
Gee-dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #65
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No he wasn't a car name. More a parts outlet name - suggesting high turnover.

And I've just had a hit (via email) on the original tracking number I got given nearly 4 weeks ago, to say it's ready to pick up at my local PO (I have a box there).

I'm hoping it's the other bush, and the seller simply split the parcels for whatever reason. I'll find out soon enough.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #66
snopony

My parcel managed to escape the Chullora vortex last night after doing enough laps of the sorting centre that it would have placed at Bathurst....... on board with driver this morning.

Still don't know where it is.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 02:04 AM   #67
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
I'm waiting on books that were ordered and despatched a month ago. I get there was down time over Christmas/New Years, but that should only have been a few days.
Complaining worked! The package was on my desk at work this morning!

One thing I find weird though, I was told 1 of the 3 books was out of stock at the time I placed the order, and the other 2 were despatched anyway, with the remaining one to be sent when it was back in stock. Fine.

Got another email, saying the final remaining book was sent out on December 29th. 19 days after the other two.

Yet this morning when I opened the package, all 3 books were in there...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 02:34 AM   #68
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
Complaining worked! The package was on my desk at work this morning!

One thing I find weird though, I was told 1 of the 3 books was out of stock at the time I placed the order, and the other 2 were despatched anyway, with the remaining one to be sent when it was back in stock. Fine.

Got another email, saying the final remaining book was sent out on December 29th. 19 days after the other two.

Yet this morning when I opened the package, all 3 books were in there...
So i think you owe AusPost an apology, as your order wasn't sent straight away ;)

They cant magically insert another book into an order thats already in the system
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 02:57 AM   #69
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I should have checked the post date on the package, I was just excited to open it. If it was indeed sent on December 29 from the UK, then that's pretty good going.

Otherwise they lied about the book being out of stock . In which case the seller should explain the emails..
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #70
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Anecdotal information from well placed insiders in AusPost, place has gone down hill, focus is on reducing cost, they were offering redundancies to old staff and then the new people resign leaving massive turn over of staff and skill shortage. Those people still there are finding it hard to hold the place together. Problems like this usually come from the very top.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #71
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Anecdotal information from well placed insiders in AusPost, place has gone down hill, focus is on reducing cost, they were offering redundancies to old staff and then the new people resign leaving massive turn over of staff and skill shortage. Those people still there are finding it hard to hold the place together. Problems like this usually come from the very top.
Your source is abit off. There's been no turnover in the last 4 years, as they're not allowed to hire outside of Post ;)

There may have been people leaving, but there havn't been people coming
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #72
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Adding to this.....I drove for 12 years for a company that carried StarTrack.
Up until a few years ago StarTrack was jointly owned by Qantas and Auspost. Auspost then bought out the Qantas bit.

When this happened the a number of old managers started leaving and Trucks started getting out later each night.

From what I've heard it hasn't improved.
Old 13-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #73
josh1990
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DHL doing it right - 6 days from Germany