Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #61
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Remember 9/11....

It did hit close to home.
A friend of mine told me years before 9/11 that his father worked in the World Trade Center. I didn't know which tower. So I had to get in touch with him to ask about his father to make sure he was ok. What a relief to find out Kevin's father recently retired. We were both relieved yet heartbroken & devastated at the same time because we were lucky. He was lucky & his father too, tho his work mates & company in the North tower weren't ....several thousands of families weren't lucky. If Kevin's dad didn't retire when he did, .....hate to even think about it.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #62
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Hugs 4 u.
Tears for those towers.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2016, 07:29 PM   #63
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you. This is really personal.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #64
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It only takes a small amount of knowledge of the way those towers were built, and a very basic understanding of structural engineering to realise that there was no controlled demolition - the towers fell as a result of planes flying into them and nothing else.

Who was behind the attacks and their motivations is where the story doesn't quite add up though. I think the conspiracy theorists could be closer to the money in that regard.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2016, 07:36 PM   #65
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post
It only takes a small amount of knowledge of the way those towers were built, and a very basic understanding of structural engineering to realise that there was no controlled demolition - the towers fell as a result of planes flying into them and nothing else.

Who was behind the attacks and their motivations is where the story doesn't quite add up though. I think the conspiracy theorists could be closer to the money in that regard.
In 1993 there was an attempt to bring one tower down and crash it into the next tower.
It failed, and the terrorists then vowed they would try again.
Conspiracy? Not a chance.
Old 28-11-2016, 09:59 PM   #66
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day , When is America going to grow balls and chase down the ever growing evidence pointing to insiders in the CIA and elsewhere who murdered nearly 3000 people on that day...There are way way way too many anomalies to discount that it wasn't an inside job..
The stupidity of the USA knows no bounds...At least some free thinkers and true patriots are asking questions like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o551CQFAMKI and..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uM4z7vOJTk and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=817RAobvVvQ&t=166s .. On these videos there seems to be a vast more questions left un answered than answered...
At least those reading this post ..PLEASE watch the three vids with an open mind before dismissing the claims out of hand..
Please do that for me first...Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 02:19 AM   #67
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

The case this group is making is baseless and has been debunked SOUNDLY many times over. Their continued efforts to promote their agenda is disrespectful to the people who died. http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/05/trut...-911-memorial/
Old 29-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #68
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day..I respect your opinion but I disagree more and more over time. I cannot quantify that outright but the plausible and ever growing arguments from ordinary people , surviving fire/police..and such points to some stuff going on that cannot be totally discounted..For the record ...I'd love to be 100 % totally convinced in every way that 9/11 happened as we initially thought as horrific as that was but......I'm more sceptical now than I ever have been I'm afraid. In regard to 'baseless'...
I'll leave it at that because those who doubt will always do so and those who believe that it happened as reported will be the same and will most likely not be persuaded otherwise...Cheers Rod..
Old 29-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #69
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
The case this group is making is baseless and has been debunked SOUNDLY many times over. Their continued efforts to promote their agenda is disrespectful to the people who died. http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/05/trut...-911-memorial/
Spot on aussiblue,
also all the conspiracy theories seem to ignore the fact that at the bare minimum hundreds of people would need to have been involved yet not one of them has broken ranks and come forward to admit their involvement despite the passage of time.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #70
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man never landed on the moon either - just ask youtube.

Where did all those launched Saturn 5 rockets go......McDonalds????

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #71
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Each to their own.

I believe it was conceived to facilitate a war of a faceless criminal; for those with money to make more.
I believe many people died that day (and thereafter) under the guise of terror with the intent to make wealth.

Those that don't, I wish them well and all that....
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #72
marty351

I guess Hiroshima and Nagasaki never happened as well.
Old 29-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #73
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

A couple of of inetersing facts about Sept 11:

Steve Buscemi, you know the bloke from Fargo, Con Air, Armageddon, & Bioardwalk empire showed up at his old firehouse (No 55, for which he wash stationed at for 4 years) on September 12 to volunteer to dig through rubble, looking for survivors. Wielding 12 hours shifts.

Air Force one got full priority on where it wanted to go. Usually they have to have a planned flight path & let Air traffic control know, but they just said, "You don't need to tell us where your going, just ask us if the vectors (I believe they are called that) are clear &I just do your own thing".
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #74
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day. Wasn't going to add any more but then I found names and links ...Watch this at least...make up your minds on it but don't discount it out of hand...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdE1Cwnymzc&t=66s As for the pointless comments about it not happening.. OF COURSE IT HAPPENED....
The real question is who else was really behind it and/or how could a Government supposedly with state of the art 'intelligence agencies" be so inept and incompetent to miss all the warnings of imminent attacks..
While we are at it...They then charged off to Afghanistan and Iraq dragging coalition countries along on what was later discovered and reported to be false premises and assumptions ..Anyone seen the massive report findings fairly recently that have come to that outcome ?
Bush , Blair , other leaders followed like sheep and way too many innocent folk , servicemen from the US and elsewhere died needlessly...
Lies , corruption, greed , stupidity incompetence and ideology caused this as much as the evil terrorists did..
Corruption knows no bounds...Watch the bloody video...Cheers Rod..
Old 29-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #75
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Just nipped down to Woolies. Darn it, the aluminium foil isle was empty. I'm not one to speculate. But many a tin foil hat might have been made. How do I wrap my sanga's for work now?
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #76
marty351

Just a reminder to stock up on foil.

Last edited by marty351; 11-07-2017 at 12:18 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #77
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Next he will tell us that chemtrails are real
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 08:12 PM   #78
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day......It's getting silly now probably due to my posts ..SO , I'll finish my involvement with this thread with these comments..
I believe that 9/11 will be remembered for the tragic mass loss of life , the brave and futile sacrifices by so many FDNY , NYPD and emergency services , the terrible impossible choices how to die by numerous victims and the deceit of an unspecified number of murderers from the Middle East countries AND the United States of America.

Some time in the distant,distant future our very young or yet to be born relatives may well find out that there were far more than 19 terrorists involved in the biggest cover up of all time..
May all the souls of all the innocent victims Rest In Peace forever and may the perpetrators (all of them) rot in the bowels of hell for ever and a day.. Rod.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #79
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Roddy, answer me this mate. Do you really think the amount of people that would have to be involved for it to be a conspiracy would be able to keep their mouths shut?
6 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #80
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day......It's getting silly now probably due to my posts ..SO , I'll finish my involvement with this thread with these comments..
I believe that 9/11 will be remembered for the tragic mass loss of life , the brave and futile sacrifices by so many FDNY , NYPD and emergency services , the terrible impossible choices how to die by numerous victims and the deceit of an unspecified number of murderers from the Middle East countries AND the United States of America.

Some time in the distant,distant future our very young or yet to be born relatives may well find out that there were far more than 19 terrorists involved in the biggest cover up of all time..
May all the souls of all the innocent victims Rest In Peace forever and may the perpetrators (all of them) rot in the bowels of hell for ever and a day.. Rod.
Roddy...

Your other thread where you put forward your conspiracy theories was locked.

DO NOT NOW CLOG UP OTHER THREAD(S) WITH YOUR RUBBISH!!!
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #81
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

captain cooked
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #82
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Roddy, answer me this mate. Do you really think the amount of people that would have to be involved for it to be a conspiracy would be able to keep their mouths shut?
G'day..We will never agree it seems on this...No point taking my opinions any further..A waste of time for both of us...
That said...I'm thinking a quite small number of the required credentialed US personnel would only be required...not too many at all I'd suspect to keep quiet and if the right sort of brainwashed persons or suitably remunerated ones were employed then it may have been not as difficult as many would think..
There is a thing called plausible deniability too ..supposedly used by the US agencies to minimise the chances of whistle blowers and risky high up officials suspecting and owning up to complicity..
Technology was a double edged sword apparently..In some instances it's claimed that elaborate clandestine technological covert operations would certainly be available but at the same time more conventional technology
couldn't have achieved the results depicted...nigh on impossible it's said ..
I'm a skeptic by nature , maybe I'm slanted to go the doubter way because of that..I will take a lot more convincing to believe 9/11 happened exactly as the 'official reports ' said it did.. That's me I'm afraid..
Cheers Rod...
Old 01-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #83
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Roddy...

Your other thread where you put forward your conspiracy theories was locked.

DO NOT NOW CLOG UP OTHER THREAD(S) WITH YOUR RUBBISH!!!
G'day...Okay...I'll shut up...no point frustrating you or me cos we'll never agree... By the way , they're not 'my' conspiracy theories..I believe in much of the evidence I've read and watched because it goes a long way to explaining some weird happenings ..Just so you know , the 'rubbish ' you mention is based mostly on the reports subsequently given by many actually at the coalface on 9/11 such as some of the surviving fire crews , police etc... Actual airline pilots interviewed with grave doubts on how the aircraft were flown and telecommunications experts with similar opinions on the validity of the phone calls from the planes given heights and speeds...Just so you know..I PM'd the moderator re my own closed thread and he gave me the good reasons why it was shut down which I accepted..This is an emotive topic that burns deep with me and a very close friend in Baltimore so if my strong beliefs are too confronting based on what he's told me and as above then I'm sorry you feel it's rubbish.. NO MORE FROM ME I PROMISE but for the record I will always doubt that the true story came out entirely...

Last edited by roddy1960; 01-12-2016 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #84
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

moon is made of cheese

na na

there
Old 01-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #85
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Roddy, I know what you are doing. Your posts start off with saying how you will now leave it alone and you won't mention it any further.

Then you end your posts with a question and what I have highlighted below.

Quote:
G'day...Okay...I'll shut up...no point frustrating you or me cos we'll never agree... By the way , they're not 'my' conspiracy theories..I believe in much of the evidence I've read and watched because it goes a long way to explaining some weird happenings ..Just so you know , the 'rubbish ' you mention is in part the reports subsequently given by many actually at the coalface on 9/11 such as some of the surviving firey's etc... Actual airline pilots can't believe the complex and unsustainable speeds the aircraft achieved in level flight and a decent number of tele communications people doubt the validity of the phone calls made from the aircraft..This is what I base my 'rubbish' on..
I'll ask you something.."Why is it so unbelievable to think that people within that administration weren't complicit in this horrible event "..What makes the US corruption free...no government really is..none "...
I won't make any more 'rubbish' comments on this..I'll leave that for you..
You are baiting - trolling for a response.

Last edited by PG2; 01-12-2016 at 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #86
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
G'day...Okay...I'll shut up...no point frustrating you or me cos we'll never agree... but i'll keep typing anyway for a reaction
enjoy your night mate
4 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #87
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/S...erm=tin%20foil
4 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #88
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Apparently many people related to the event died In the years following. Some in more suspicious ways then others.
Not saying this was one, but false flag attacks have happened in the past. Some governments would do it.

Whoever designed and built WTC7 should be investigated. That seamed to collapse way too easy for something that wasn't even hit by a plane itself.

Last edited by Ben73; 02-12-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #89
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day...I'm NOT a troll..That's absolutely wrong and offensive ..I am just frustrated and tormented beyond belief though by all this ...and I'm getting sucked in easily by this frustration and torment I need help perhaps..I'm also a glutton for punishment,stupid for doing this but all I ask you guys is to view this documentary with an open mind and not preconcieve that ALL the conspiracy theories are necessarily wrong.. I won't even begin to attempt to justify why any conspiracy MAY have happened anymore ..This is it.. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXJFN_JnKo. This one is Italian based and if nothing else is interesting to think about. Take note the people who feature in it and their interesting and valid explanations. Going by what i saw they are experts in their fields . The Pentagon stuff is amazingly interesting....Cheers...Rod...

Last edited by roddy1960; 03-12-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #90
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Problem is, while "all you are asking is that we view this 'documentary' with an open mind" I am not sure that you in return are viewing any of the opposing links others are putting forward, nor listening to any debunking arguments with the open mind you are demanding from those that don't support your beliefs.

And while you feel "tormented" and "frustrated" by the "wrong and offensive" assertion that you are a troll, consider also that the views you are putting forward are so much more offensive to those that do not hold the same opinion as yourself.

Also consider the original post and the intent of this thread.

Might be best to let this one slide Roddy. Personally I much preferred when you were spamming us with Ford, Falcon, and general motoring vids. And while you are probably just reading this post as me saying "Pull your head-in", I do respect your passion and tenacity (just not your point of view).

Last edited by Iggle Piggle; 03-12-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: