Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 05-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
Ash and Lois Top Weekend Thank - you, We all had an excellent time although I think that the 'Shady Rest' Gympie may never be the same again lol :evilsasmo. It had been about 10 years since Rob and I had been to Rainbow/Inskip and we couldnt believe how much it had changed!
The skid pan day wellllllll although I didnt take our car out (Rob did, still smiling by the way) Lynton and Drew took me out on the skid pan, may I just say that it was better than ANY thrill ride I've ever been on! and although I took a sick bag out, I was having way too much fun to even think about using it lol e Thanks Boys for risking spew in your car for me :1syellow1
ps Thank-you to Tori for my Make-over :, I looked less like a bogan!, for a day anyways lol ....
Just a few pics

*cough* Read the sign Phoon*cough* O by the way I think you won the bogan stakes by standing out side in the freeeezing cold with ya tracky dacks, socks and Singlet lmao
Good thing that piccy didnt come out very well. Bogan you say, there was some shocking looking jamis standing outside of the motel room as well as Tori's furry boots. If there was such a thing as fashion police, we all would have been locked up.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
Good thing that piccy didnt come out very well. Bogan you say, there was some shocking looking jamis standing outside of the motel room as well as Tori's furry boots. If there was such a thing as fashion police, we all would have been locked up.
There is nothing wrong with my PJ's or my pink furry boots.... And you know for an absolute fact that I am THE fashion police! :

We had a very good weekend, always love hanging out with good friends on a weekend away.

A big thank you to Ash for organising the event... For your first event Ash it was an absolute corker and something that must become a regular event. The skid pan was awesome fun although I wasn't popular with my beloved pit crew after flicking mud all over the car that he had spent all day Friday detailing.... Bit geez it was fun mucking her up! :

Next time I will take my ute for a spin... literally :evil_laug
Old 05-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did any of you nice people get some good photos or VIDEO?
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

One of my favourite photos of our very own Wylie Coyote.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
Rickthefordman.
Starter Motor

Hi everyone Leanne & I & Jessie-Lee had a great weekend sorry about sunday my uncle told me to go on a short cut to get to skid pan faster but we ended up getting lost somewhere around mothr monting somewhere then the phone ran out of power so we could not ring no one but thanks ash and family for saturday!!!
Rickthefordman. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickthefordman.
Hi everyone Leanne & I & Jessie-Lee had a great weekend sorry about sunday my uncle told me to go on a short cut to get to skid pan faster but we ended up getting lost somewhere around mothr monting somewhere then the phone ran out of power so we could not ring no one but thanks ash and family for saturday!!!

Hey guys, I was wondering where you got to! So nice to put faces to a user name. And Jessie-Lee is sooo tiny I hope to see all 3 of you soon.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickthefordman.
Oh that is a shame for you guys, you would have been a bit frustrated by that...
Not to worry, next time eh...
Glad to have seen you guys again and gorgeous little Jessie-Lee is a princess in the making...

Look forward to seeing you all again soon...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excellent photos Thanks Tori hmmmmm I'm thinking trying to find the steering wheel considering that I heard him toot the horn on a couple of occasions trying to locate it lol..Drew you look soooo sideways in that shot! BTW I have some footage of the day the best bit is when Dan took incar video of Kerri in the Gecko there seemed to be alot of sceaming but alot more laughing :...It certainly sounded like she was having the time of her life...
Our still camera chucked a hissy on the day so any pics of our car would be appreciated Thanks

Lissa
Old 05-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #9
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Excellent photos Thanks Tori hmmmmm I'm thinking trying to find the steering wheel considering that I heard him toot the horn on a couple of occasions trying to locate it lol..Drew you look soooo sideways in that shot! BTW I have some footage of the day the best bit is when Dan took incar video of Kerri in the Gecko there seemed to be alot of sceaming but alot more laughing :...It certainly sounded like she was having the time of her life...
Our still camera chucked a hissy on the day so any pics of our car would be appreciated Thanks

Lissa
Hey Girlfriend - Sounds like a movie night is in order! I know Kezza would love to hear herself wetting her pants around the track!

I have a bunch of photos of your sucky sucky beast so will do a CD for you...
Old 05-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a great idea!!! Can you bring the Cabana and Cheese?... Just quietly between you and I wetting her pants is probably an understatement *Hides from the wrath of Kerri*....I cant give her to much grief however cause I was too much of a woose to have a go myself lol Lissa
Old 05-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #11
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Some more pics form the day

Hey Heath, what is it like looking down the bonnet at an oncoming GT

The two Denise's go for it

And a pic of Denise having a go
Old 06-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #12
lightninGStrike FPV

[QUOTE=coyote]Hey Heath, what is it like looking down the bonnet at an oncoming GT

Cool pic.
Was'nt sure where you got to, so I thought I would have a look around...
Must have been my pub fighting days coming back, always keep your enemy in front of you.
lightninGStrike FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thats a great idea!!! Can you bring the Cabana and Cheese?... Just quietly between you and I wetting her pants is probably an understatement *Hides from the wrath of Kerri*....I cant give her to much grief however cause I was too much of a woose to have a go myself lol Lissa

I was having an absolute ball.. and thanks to Dan I learnt a new word.. sorry Dan that it took so long (and a slightly older person - Drew to explain what the word meant) e

omg I can just imagine the video.. but yes we definitely need to watch it all together... (pity Dan wasn't in the car taking vid when Tori and I first went out and she was laughing and screaming so hard she could hardly breathe)
:
Old 05-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #14
BOSS 8
FG GT

Well what a great weekend. Ash Congradulations on a terrific weekend. We loved it. From the show on Saturday, the Rissole for dinner and the skidpan Sunday. I had a ball driving. I loved catching up with Lou the kids, Malley, Kathy and the kids, and dancing the night away with Daniel. Can't wait for another weekend like it. Good friends to spend the weekend with. Also many thanks must go to Action Ford Gympie for Hosting the weekend and paying for the Skidpan for us to enjoy. Well done to all who organized this terrific
weekend. :
Nelley and Jeff.
P.S. The panda ears arrived home safe and sound.
BOSS 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #15
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Some more

Here you are Rob one for your dodgy camera

Drewby

The Gecko chasing the Gecko
Old 06-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #16
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Some sweet pics there, Tori your camera is amazing!

and Hi Rob! :
Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 AM   #17
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Thankfully none of the 'embarrasing' pics have been posted up as yet
e
Old 06-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #18
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
When will you people learn.... its not my camera that is amazing.... its the sheer brilliance and skill of the operator :king: _
Old 06-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #19
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
When will you people learn.... its not my camera that is amazing.... its the sheer brilliance and skill of the operator :king: _
I've always said that!

Thanks Chris for the pic, he has his hands on the wheel in that one woohoo

BTW Kerri we have "The Mud Incident" on tape :
Old 06-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
Paul@eliteauto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was there the day before and beeped at you guys when you were at the servo near the skid pan.Had already committed to this day months before. Had a great time. See you all at Bowdens!
BF Typhoon 359.5rwkw 11.10@125.8 MPH Sold
FG F6 400rwkw 10.86@131MPH Sold
FG GT MK 11 Streetfighter 430 rwkw
Fords are a lifestyle _2:
Paul@eliteauto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #21
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Hey guys...

I came to see the Show and Shine on the Saturday morning, and there are some stunning cars in the club.

Even though I put up with one of the most horrible smells (Kerri will vouch for this), was a good display, and has given me some inspiration for my poor old ute.

Kenny
Old 06-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #22
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
Even though I put up with one of the most horrible smells (Kerri will vouch for this),
I discovered what the smell was (yeah, asked a local - thanks ASH )
I told Kenny it smelt like burnt toffee (burning sugar), anyway apparently it was coffee... that's where they do the coffee (ohhhhhh so sorry, I have forgotten some of what ASH told me now : )

I have to agree the club cars all looked magnificent as usual, well done to all..

I'm still buzzing from skid pan :eclipsee_
Old 06-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #23
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
I discovered what the smell was (yeah, asked a local - thanks ASH )
I told Kenny it smelt like burnt toffee (burning sugar), anyway apparently it was coffee... that's where they do the coffee (ohhhhhh so sorry, I have forgotten some of what ASH told me now : )
The Nestle Coffee Factory...
We don't usually get the smell all through town, but when there is a westerly wind, well, as you noticed on Saturday.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #24
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great photos of the show Chris... was spectacular.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #25
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Videos and Pics

Ok the time has come lets get all the tapes / VCD / DVD together and have a viewing.

5c for any showing a little yellow Falcon actually traveling in a straight line

He He

If you can put a copy on VCD or DVD I would love to get a copy for me and my ego sorry that should be EGO and I, allowing for the most important entity to go first,

Tori could I get a copy of your pics PLEEEEEEASE The kids only took 600 photos and I don't think I stared in enough of them LOL

Anybody with Pics of the said yellow falcon can be e-mailed to chris@onspotpaint.com , thanks in advance.
Old 14-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #26
mad290
Long live the GT

What a wonderfull weekend, had a ball. To those who put in all the work organising it I salute you. Now just have to go round in circles the other way for a day or so to unwind and I'll be balanced again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Impact View Post
Nothing like the sound of an 8 at full throttle.
mad290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post