Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #61
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=DJR-351]This is just another fine example of the attitude of some of our road users in this country....
Irrespective of the reason given here, if i saw someone going at a slow speed in the emergency stopping lane with their hazards on it just seems obvious to me that they or the vehicle are in some sort of distress, blowing by leaning on the horn and hurling abuse just proves that you are a self centred ***** with no regard for those around you....

Spot on.

Flashing lights she is obviously taking things as a safe approach as possible.
I would hope my wife or anyones wife on this forum would be able to take the safest route home.
Mean to say If the highway at night is dangerous for her, how dangerous would it be going unfamiliar back roads for a lady?

She was far from being ignorant.
It would have been frightening enough without the ranting.
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
Old 28-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #62
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Some of the post in here belong in the "Epic Fail" thread.

davway
dave289

You are both pathetic. Doing 80 in a 100 zone is hardly dangerous at all. If you cannot safely pass a car that is traveling 80 while you are traveling at 100, please go and hand in your licence now. Because you obviously are the one with the driving problems and should not be on the roads.
Ben top post that one!

Makes you wonder what sort of units we share the road with going off some of the attitudes on here nice job by Mrs kennyboy in what would have been an ususual and worrying trip home.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 28-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #63
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

it's common to see someone doing well below 100 on a freeway/highway these days for what ever reason.

i certainly don't feel the urge to toot, abuse, intimidate etc... even if they are impeding the flow of traffic.

i just overtake and go about my business and i will never think about them again until now.

as the op said, a proper spare will do the trick in the futre, that is until it rains and cautious drivers slow down for the conditions
Old 28-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #64
Zoink
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Driving with your emergency lights on is also illegal unless there is a hazard or if the weather is causing a hazard -
From the RTA road users handbook

Hazard warning lights
Your vehicle’s hazard warning lights must not be used unless the vehicle is:

• Stopped and obstructing the path of other vehicles or pedestrians.
Slow-moving and obstructing other road users.
• Stopped in an emergency stopping lane.
• Stopped to sell a product such as food and refreshment.
• Driving in hazardous weather conditions.
• Fitted with hazard lights as part of an anti-theft or alcohol interlock device
Old 28-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #65
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoink
From the RTA road users handbook

Hazard warning lights
Your vehicle’s hazard warning lights must not be used unless the vehicle is:
Slow-moving and obstructing other road users.
80kmh isnt slow moving.
Using 1 lane of a 4 lane highway isnt obstructing traffic as such either.

As for the other dimwits in this thread, have a think about the situation from other motorists views.
You have a car traveling below the speed limit, driving with hazard lights on for no apparent reason and driving on and off the emergency lane for no apparent reason.
For all anyone is concerned it might be a drink driver, someone on drugs or someone trying smack their missus up, a couple of teens in a stolen car taking a joy ride or grandpa driving with his head and hat square up his rse
I guess everyone is meant to already know that when someone's driving in and out of the emergency lane with their hazards on, it must automatically mean they are driving on a space saver.

BTW, the speed limit is 100kmh in Victoria for ALL people and traveling below that IS dangerous.
Have a chat to any Police officer and see what they have to say about it all, think youll find that they will agree.
Old 28-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #66
T3man
Banned

There's only two dimwits in the thread ... don't think we need to phone a friend to work out who they are.
Old 28-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #67
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
BTW, the speed limit is 100kmh in Victoria for ALL people and traveling below that IS dangerous.
Have a chat to any Police officer and see what they have to say about it all, think youll find that they will agree.
hmmm I see... by this logic driving at 101kmh is also dangerous?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 28-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #68
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
hmmm I see... by this logic driving at 101kmh is also dangerous?
My dog man are you crazy,you'll be killed at that speed,slow down and live.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 28-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #69
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
i made it 70km up north in the fairlane on a space saver doing 110... its a steel rim with a tyre.. why is it only 80kmh?

i now have an XR6 alloy in my boot

i also have the 16" steel rim with "80" speed limit marked on it.

i asked my tyre guy what the story was and he said that the car would behave differently in severe braking or avoidance, having one wheel with different tyre profile and tread pattern.

cruising on the freeway (with the steel rim on) above 80 isn't going to make the tyre explode, so just keep a bigger distance between yourself and the car in front.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #70
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
So I suppose it is illegal for L-platers to be driving on these roads, given that their maximum limit (as per RTA) is 80km???
Pretty much, thats whats so dumb about this rule . We start by teaching our learner drivers to obstruct traficc, mind boggling to say the least , and my son is on his l's if you must know.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #71
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
80kmh isnt slow moving.
Using 1 lane of a 4 lane highway isnt obstructing traffic as such either.

As for the other dimwits in this thread, have a think about the situation from other motorists views.
You have a car traveling below the speed limit, driving with hazard lights on for no apparent reason and driving on and off the emergency lane for no apparent reason.
For all anyone is concerned it might be a drink driver, someone on drugs or someone trying smack their missus up, a couple of teens in a stolen car taking a joy ride or grandpa driving with his head and hat square up his rse
I guess everyone is meant to already know that when someone's driving in and out of the emergency lane with their hazards on, it must automatically mean they are driving on a space saver.

So, the driver might be a young drunk, weaving, with an old mans hat up his ****, and the smart move is to not only pass them, but also to swerve out of the same lane at the last minute?

Oh yeah, thats not dangerous at all.

If you find a driver doing 80 in a 100 zone a hazard, you need to stick to buses. There is nothing dangerous about it, unless youre not paying attention. You slow down, and pass when safe to do so, simple.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #72
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:

What an awesome post :wierdo

That is a speed LIMIT, not a minimum speed. Are you trying to say that all Military Unimog trucks traveling on Vic roads are a hazard, many will only do 80-85 flat strap.

I think you will find the police will disagree with you, as long as the slower moving car keeps left. Many states have a 80 km/h speed limit for P1 drivers, are they dangerous? What about if you are towing a large caravan, dual axle box trailer of car trailer (many hire trailers have "speed limited 80 km/h" marked on them), are they dangerous and should be pushed off the road? What about road trains across the Nullarbor, they only do 90, are they dangerous in a 110 zone?

Seriously, the only thing that is dangerous about cars with courtesy, keeping left and driving at 80 in a 100 zone is drivers with attitudes like yours.

The only thing that was both dangerous and illegal that was done was driving with hazard lights on and driving in the emergency lane. These things should not be done, a caravan that is limited in speed to 80 is not allowed to do that, neither is a car with a spacesaver spare on.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #73
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Done to death now .....

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread