Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-11-2006, 10:43 PM   #61
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

cows r just promotion for the town. came in when they had the first "Mooooooving Art Festival" most of em are missing ears and horns thanks to locals with nothin better to do

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #62
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
cows r just promotion for the town. came in when they had the first "Mooooooving Art Festival" most of em are missing ears and horns thanks to locals with nothin better to do
haha like me at 4 am on a sunday.
GTHOFAN, i saw your car, we pulled up next to you on sat night in a red VZ, everyone thought we were undercovers so they slowed down around us..
did anyone see a bunch of people out the front of the carrington? that was me! work xmas party...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #63
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah i saw a few at about 1030 goin past.

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 26-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #64
bertis

haha thats funny as.... mumzy's vs... I took my turbo'd falcon up their and seen a canary on every second car.... I was shitting myself the whole time I was driving around up their..... such a stupid thing to do but I got in and out canary free thank god... its a lot of work to pull a turbo setup off and on
EB series 2, Vixen red with blue perl, custom body kit, lowered, sweet custom interior :hihi:, ported head chambers, T3/t4 hybrid turbo, log manifold, intercooler, vortech 12:1 rising reg, Walbro 255, thermo fans, redback exhaust, 3.45 LSD,Stage 2 BTR95le built by DTM, pioneer 680MP, 2x pioneer 450w subs, response class D 820w amp
13.10@105mph on 10-11psi

New Car
Standard FG XR6T with Cobalt gauges so far.

12.85@109mph on STD boost
bertis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #65
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
haha like me at 4 am on a sunday.
GTHOFAN, i saw your car, we pulled up next to you on sat night in a red VZ, everyone thought we were undercovers so they slowed down around us..
did anyone see a bunch of people out the front of the carrington? that was me! work xmas party...
hoo rah! spotted in town finally hehe, i was very suprised not even gettin hassled for my color by the cops, havent told vic roads yet woops

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #66
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

i saw u too scott! LOL!

Old 26-11-2006, 11:26 PM   #67
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gthofan
i was very suprised not even gettin hassled for my color by the cops
I'm pretty sure the cops are looking for stuff a lot more attention seeking than just a colour. Ie. ridiculous ride height, oversize wheels, intercoolers and shakers. Yours has exactly none of the above mate! So relax.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 11:29 PM   #68
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

As Sunny said guys, I'm sure the police had bigger fish to fry than a couple of E-series with 16" rims and cat back exhausts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #69
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah like yellow VL turbo with chrome 18's, a VS ute parked on the foot path and a VT on 19's and stockies tryin to drift out of DECA.

oh and the organiser of the whole event in his white 300ZX talkin on his moblie! and his eldest daughter for being too low!

Old 26-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #70
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Ok Springnats 2006 was something to do for the weekend and I presume it must of been huge once as the DECA centre where it was held and the way it was set out was massive.

As everyone has said there was a huge lack of Shade at the Skid Pad and at The Burnout Pad and just about everywhere. The Burnout pad was purpose made for the Spring Nats and it was a good design except for the lack of shade.

The place was very Dry, Dusty and Dirty, not the best place for your show car.

Now in regards to Cops, there were out there just pulling over anyone and their main aim was to Defect as many cars as possible - THIS WAS STRAIGHT FROM A COUPLE OF COPS MOUTH.

I think the whole of Victoria only has 3 or so TMU cars, which are the yellow ones, and they had 2 of them at Shepp for the weekend - now thats just wrong...........

Also they had undercover cops booking people for drinking at the side of the road - we had a balcony with the view of the main drag and saw 4 groups of people getting booked.

And yes the ALTEZZA test - guess what fellas - NO Canary for my car :sm_headba

AND WHAT THE "NO ALCOHOL" at the DECA Center, lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 11:54 PM   #71
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR HEMI
think the whole of Victoria only has 3 or so TMU cars
I think you're referring to SMART cars, of which there are about 10 or 12. They are the yellow ones basically aimed at "attacking" the road toll by being "visible deterrents" over holidays or at events like these.

Quote:
And yes the ALTEZZA test - guess what fellas - NO Canary for my car
You were lucky... damn!

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #72
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We were lucky Ashes Mum's car didnt get a defect with its 18 inch rims and 1 inch lower than stock ride height. Its a cop magnet.
Old 27-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #73
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Ok Springnats 2006 was something to do for the weekend and I presume it must of been huge once as the DECA centre where it was held and the way it was set out was massive.

As everyone has said there was a huge lack of Shade at the Skid Pad and at The Burnout Pad and just about everywhere. The Burnout pad was purpose made for the Spring Nats and it was a good design except for the lack of shade.

The place was very Dry, Dusty and Dirty, not the best place for your show car.

Now in regards to Cops, there were out there just pulling over anyone and their main aim was to Defect as many cars as possible - THIS WAS STRAIGHT FROM A COUPLE OF COPS MOUTH.

I think the whole of Victoria only has 3 or so TMU cars, which are the yellow ones, and they had 2 of them at Shepp for the weekend - now thats just wrong...........

Also they had undercover cops booking people for drinking at the side of the road - we had a balcony with the view of the main drag and saw 4 groups of people getting booked.

And yes the ALTEZZA test - guess what fellas - NO Canary for my car :sm_headba

AND WHAT THE "NO ALCOHOL" at the DECA Center, lol
i dont believe the cop statement. not as many defected cars as last yr on the road. plus i dont have a canary niether does my mates toyota supra with 19's, body kit, 60mm ride hieght, guages mounted ontop of the dash, 5 subwoofers, neons (both in and out), and the real eye catcher P PLATES!

as for Dry, Dusty and Dirty...... IT"S CALLED A DROUGHT!!!!!!!

Highway patrol cars are the yellow ones i believe u r refering to. yes there were 2 in shepp all weekend.

u balcony across from the Grapevine? yes the 4 groups should have been booked. didnt u see the big signs at either end of town? no alcohol in public places, $200 fine. this included closed/sealed...

Old 27-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #74
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
You were lucky... damn!

Sundeep
Should of run your down outside Macca's lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 27-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #75
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha nogomobile!
Old 27-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #76
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
i dont believe the cop statement...
Thats nice - thanks for your input.......

Quote:
as for Dry, Dusty and Dirty......ITS CALLED A DROUGHT!!!!!!!...
And again - thanks for your input.......

Quote:
ur balcony across from the Grapevine? yes the 4 groups should have been booked. didnt u see the big signs at either end of town? no alcohol in public places, $200 fine. this included closed/sealed...
Whats the Grapevine? sorry not a local so don't know.

And I guess you may think I am blind due to this statement about the big signs and your previous font?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 27-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #77
mutanti
Turbo

I Had My Lightning Strike BA XR6 parked from after 9 pm or so on main drag Across road from National Bank / Brown Audio Visual. We just sat around watching the Cops pull over all the hoons, and then get the cars to "Follow then around to the Back streets" LOL...

Even Copper on Motorbike was doing his bit. White Skyline with all the usuall mods + Possible more, cop pulls over, chats to driver, then driver follows cop around corner. not to been seen again... LOL
Glad I diddnt take my other car Down as I would have copped a possible to low Among other things...
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #78
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutanti
I Had My Lightning Strike BA XR6 parked from after 9 pm or so on main drag Across road from National Bank / Brown Audio Visual. We just sat around watching the Cops pull over all the hoons, and then get the cars to "Follow then around to the Back streets" LOL...

Even Copper on Motorbike was doing his bit. White Skyline with all the usuall mods + Possible more, cop pulls over, chats to driver, then driver follows cop around corner. not to been seen again... LOL
Glad I diddnt take my other car Down as I would have copped a possible to low Among other things...
would have taken skyline to the public library. they had a HUGE RW setup in the carpark. lotsa cars both nights!

Old 27-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #79
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
And I guess you may think I am blind due to this statement about the big signs and your previous font?
i know that u didnt ask questions but the phrase "stupid question, stupid answer" comes to mind reguarding ur previous statements.....

Old 27-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #80
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

so thats why I saw so many hot cars driving around, I was in ballarat last night and I was wondering WTF was going on..lol..Ill go back under my rock now.

On the plus side there were no cops in the 'Rat..LOL..made driving the night after less stressful.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #81
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WORST. SPRINGNATS. EVER.

To cut a long story short, we went out, got drunk then I got jumped by a couple of abos on the walk home. They took my wallet with $400 and now I'm left with a nice black eye.

The next day we all cracked the shits and left. The place was empty anyway.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #82
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

[QUOTE=BLDNUT01]here is the blue eb with jim mock motor sport down the side doing some drifting quality is not the best from my 3.2m cam but you should get the idea

hey yeh Jason his name is, best driver at springnats IMO, he handled that car awesome and in that drift demo he did a great job, now who said falcons cant keep up with skylines and silveas!! (spelling!)

see the guy in the mexican hat, thats my mate and im standing right next to him!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EB DRIFT.jpg (36.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 27-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #83
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
WORST. SPRINGNATS. EVER.

To cut a long story short, we went out, got drunk then I got jumped by a couple of abos on the walk home. They took my wallet with $400 and now I'm left with a nice black eye.

f u k that, thats why me and my mates didnt go out in town at night, friday night we drove around all night but saturday night we just stayed at the caravan park and got drunk! we'd heard a few storys about shep with abos and stabbings so we stayed clear of it!
poor bloke tho mate, $400, i'd be spitting chips!
Old 27-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #84
TUFED6
Banned

Quote:
WORST. SPRINGNATS. EVER.

Thats shïthouse mate. Some people really are a waste of space.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #85
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
WORST. SPRINGNATS. EVER.

OMG that sux's - wouldnt have even thought that would of happened there, thats something that would happen in Sydney or Lakes Entrance.

We went out Sat Night to the Ozzie Bar and Jack Daniels Bar, was awesome, so many Sexy Girls went to that place - well I thought they were sexy until the lights came on :evil_laug :evil_laug

The place closed at 1am though, ripped off, we were going to go to one of the clubs but the lines were too long so we just got a Hot Dog and walked home.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 27-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #86
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
WORST. SPRINGNATS. EVER.

yep, thats definatly shepp...
We were standing on the steps at the Carrington watching the motorbike copper, he pulled over one motorbike and while booking him he walked out to the middle of the road and waved a blue walky inline, so after ripping the L-plater on the bike, he proceeded to the walky... no vest or anything, so the guy in the walky had his missus video taping everything and he got away canary free....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #87
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

XR Burnout Sunday

And Oh Dear - STUPID Rear Bars lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 27-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #88
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

haha yeh i seen that! i was standing next to the commentry box on the right of where you are.
Old 27-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #89
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

holy siht!!!!!!!! the photos of the XR8 DRHEMI.... i would have been standing directly behind u up toward the top of the hill on the angle of the last pic!! i got the same angle on me video camera! will get some vids up some time this week......

Old 27-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #90
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

also good to see our good mate Les gave the out of town officers there wot for in todays local paper! excellent work and excellent weekend!