Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #61
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
In this case with your hypothetical Roo {even leaving out all the other hypotheticals excuses youve added to this tread that didnt happen in the original post such as classic cars,etc} Why wouldnt you move over or wave them on etc and let them go and show a bit of courtesy if they want to get past you? Every post you have made is some crap hypothetical that didnt happen or what youd do which again reverts to the ignorance of its all about you and what youd do and whats best for you rather than everyone...There are other drivers on the road if you dont want to do the limit for any reason {Car,Roo,Classic Car etc} then respect others and move/pull over wouldnt you agree? Youd have your work cut out leaving people on the ground d in the city and drove so ignorant.
Hypothettical roo hey, that's a good one, the fact remain's mate that anything can and does happen, obvoiuosly you think you are invinceable and when your on the road nothing can happen, and you haven't read the post's from the begining have you, no it show's,, If I didn't want to do the speed limit for any reason I'd hope that the driver's following me would show some common sense and pass me carefully when safe to do so, like you say respect the other user's, and if you think it's all about about me, than why is it that people like you get so annoyed with people on our public road's driving under the limit and thus getting involved in road rage because that's how it happen's, people that are allway's in a rush, tailgatting, speedding, the people that seem to think it's their road.
Old 21-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #62
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It sounds like you get tailgated and have a problem with it...No wonder with a selfish hypothetical attitute that you have. Even If as you say {another hypothetical} people want to do 200kmh and are in a rush its none of your business so do the right thing and let them go rather than being Mr Fix it. You making a habbit of sitting 30kmh under the limit because anything could happen and if someone wants to do the speed limit {unlike you} because they arent as nervous a driver as you, doesnt mean they are in a hurry does it? Only to you because your know in the back of your mind you must justify your nervousness. It comes back to....let them go and dont think your the only driver on the road. If you choose to sit that far under the limit show courtesy? Funny thing that it keeps coming back to you thinking about yourself and nothing else.
Old 21-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #63
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you sit in the right lane aswell?
Old 22-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #64
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
It sounds like you get tailgated and have a problem with it...No wonder with a selfish hypothetical attitute that you have. Even If as you say {another hypothetical} people want to do 200kmh and are in a rush its none of your business so do the right thing and let them go rather than being Mr Fix it. You making a habbit of sitting 30kmh under the limit because anything could happen and if someone wants to do the speed limit {unlike you} because they arent as nervous a driver as you, doesnt mean they are in a hurry does it? Only to you because your know in the back of your mind you must justify your nervousness. It comes back to....let them go and dont think your the only driver on the road. If you choose to sit that far under the limit show courtesy? Funny thing that it keeps coming back to you thinking about yourself and nothing else.
You have a real problem mate don't you, have you even thought about what you said in this post, man I'd love to follow you right up your **** and see what you do, because going by what you have said here it's allright to do that, and yeah your right, I do have a very big problem with people that tailgate me, most normal people do, are you normal, and who said I was Mr Fix it, read my post you ****, I said I'd expect other driver's to pass me when safe to do so and that mean's if they want to do 200klm like you say, and I rarely sit on the limit, I ussually sit on 110klm, BUT when I'm traveling in the very early hr's of the morning in roo infested area's I don't do these speed's, go and read the god dam post from the begining you twit, then have a think about the whole lot again, do you really think you own the road, you must, because I don't have a problem with people doing the speed limit nor do I have a problem with people doing under the speed limit, BUT you do, so you tell me who is the one that doesn't show common courtesy and is selfish?????. :

Last edited by galaxy xr8; 22-07-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 22-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #65
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

some parts on the ring road are 60kmph and 80kmph... some people still go through at 100kmph... when i do the speed limit through (dun wanna get speeding ticket) the pricks tailgate me !) . they gonna turn me into an emo and i'm gonna hate myself :| (sif though sif !)
Old 22-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #66
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
some parts on the ring road are 60kmph and 80kmph... some people still go through at 100kmph... when i do the speed limit through (dun wanna get speeding ticket) the pricks tailgate me !) . they gonna turn me into an emo and i'm gonna hate myself :| (sif though sif !)
The ring road with its variable speed limits is a most ridiculous situation for many reasons, with the different speeds they set along this road. I dont know how its controlled, but whoever it is wouldnt have a clue what is an appropriate speed to set along any one section. No wonder people want to drive faster. As this is not the subject of this thread, I wont go any further except to say I might start another thread sometime on this when I'm ready.
Old 23-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #67
Bobman
Regulator

Yeah ring road is a joke, and I've had people tail gate me there too when there were roadworks, but that's up to them if they want a ticket, that's the freeway I just set the cruise and stick to it.

Not worth the hassle of a fine.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 23-07-2006, 12:40 AM   #68
Tiga_EL
Banned

Today whilst driving, i came across a old man who thought that doing 40 in a 80 zone was quite acceptable. We were in a hurry, and after folowing him for 5 mins i got pretty annoyed, and decided to overtake, looked in the mirrors saw nothing, but didnt do a headcheck, and pulled out, and see a guy fly past, obvioulsy also annoyed by this moron doing half the speed limit, almost wiped out the whole side of my car, but i swerved back into my lane.. Was very scary, and i clame this slow driver, even though i forgot to headcheck.
Old 23-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #69
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Easy fixed, replace xr driving lights with 50 cal persuaders... :
Old 23-07-2006, 01:57 AM   #70
Jokers Wild
ANYWHERE ANYTIME

Quote:
It sounds like you get tailgated and have a problem with it...No wonder with a selfish hypothetical attitute that you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
You have a real problem mate don't you,:
:

Your both on the internet highway, and niether one will give way, god help us if you two meet on the road, you cant even agree to disagree here, with both of you getting your undies in a knot over trivial things it's a great example of why road rage / potential accidents happens I'd say.
Old 23-07-2006, 02:35 AM   #71
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Hey does anyone employ this method? I know the rule has been on the books since day 1, but have never done it myself (people have been shot for flashing high beams lol).

Never read about it in the driver's handbook. Never heard it from an instructor. Never seen anyone do it (apart from trucks etc on freeway who flash to tell each other they're passing and when they're clear etc)
Mate there are a few things that are not mentioned in hand books or road code for the purpose of safer driving habbits. It would help if people knew how to set their side mirrors pcorrectly so that they can see and that there is no blind spot. Most moter cyclists run of the road are due to the right hand mirrir incorectly postioned creating a blind spot to the right rear quater up to your periphial vision. Aperson should not have to turn their head round over the right shoulder, Taking your eyes from the vehicle in front is a bad thing even for a split second.
That light rule is a good one and one I will use now.
Old 23-07-2006, 03:31 AM   #72
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Isn't it illegal to do under a cetain amount on a freeway, like you can be fined for slowing under 80km in a 100 zone?

Fairly sure there is some penalty associated to slow driving.
I was on the Geelong freeway getting back to Melbourne and the cops past me when i was in the far left lane Passing hoppers Crossing when i was doing 65kp/h getting close to home and they just drove on by.

I had a very sore right arm when i got home.
Old 23-07-2006, 04:34 AM   #73
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

i was once told by a copper that anything less than 20km/h under the limit without a suitable reason is a fineable offence, but around bedigo there seem to be quite a few people who seem to be unable to read their speedo in a 100km/h zone i used to cop at least 4 cars per day heading to work (until they fixed the calder) sitting between 70-80km/h
Old 23-07-2006, 05:30 AM   #74
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

I had a good reason Only 2 gears and i wasn't going to over heat the car in 39deg heat by over reeving it. So i limped home at about 2500rpm
But i agree i hate people that do it because they cant be bothered, The ones that sit in the right lane when there is 2 to the left of them in a 100 zone but they only want to do 80.
Old 23-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #75
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Rod don't be discouraged from posting stuff like this, even if it has turned into a bit of a s-fight at least some people may have had their eyes opened to another aspect of driving ie be aware that more than one person may want to overtake a slow car at once. Leaving aside the issue of slow drivers, it has been established there are many reasons why these exist.

In this situation the worst driver was the Accord, it illustrates exactly why you should leave room for the car in front to react to something while it is on the wrong side of the road. Rod was obviously aware to look for the Rodeo as it might be slow to make up its mind whether to overtake, and also lucky that he was far enough alongside that he was visible to the other driver without using mirrors. If the Rodeo took the overtaking opportunity when it presented itself there wouldn't have been a problem - no. 1 thing is to be decisive while keeping in mind if there is doubt, don't go.
Old 24-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #76
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You have a real problem mate don't you, have you even thought about what you said in this post, man I'd love to follow you right up your **** and see what you do, because going by what you have said here it's allright to do that, and yeah your right, I do have a very big problem with people that tailgate me, most normal people do, are you normal, and who said I was Mr Fix it, read my post you ****, I said I'd expect other driver's to pass me when safe to do so and that mean's if they want to do 200klm like you say, and I rarely sit on the limit, I ussually sit on 110klm, BUT when I'm traveling in the very early hr's of the morning in roo infested area's I don't do these speed's, go and read the god dam post from the begining you twit, then have a think about the whole lot again, do you really think you own the road, you must, because I don't have a problem with people doing the speed limit nor do I have a problem with people doing under the speed limit, BUT you do, so you tell me who is the one that doesn't show common courtesy and is selfish?????. :
When your in your Roo infested areas move over and show some courtesy..No wonder you get tailgated. If your doing 70kmh in 100kmh zone and someone wants to pass they are NOT in a hurry just you are nervous. You must feel pretty tough coming on here with your body building crap and mouthing off about bashing people on the ground and calling people a **** and a **** ?? Geez im shivering I am that worried. Lucky you dont live in a city with that attitude or someone on the roads would probly pinch you muscley tummy with a knife real good.
Old 24-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #77
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
When your in your Roo infested areas move over and show some courtesy..No wonder you get tailgated. If your doing 70kmh in 100kmh zone and someone wants to pass they are NOT in a hurry just you are nervous. You must feel pretty tough coming on here with your body building crap and mouthing off about bashing people on the ground and calling people a **** and a **** ?? Geez im shivering I am that worried. Lucky you dont live in a city with that attitude or someone on the roads would probly pinch you muscley tummy with a knife real good.
What crap are you talking about now, my bodybuilding thread has nothing do with this thread you ****witt, so stay on track, you are really clutching at straw's now, since when did I say I go around bashing the crap out off people, I said I get rather annoyed with driver's that tailgate and road rage ussually occur's, why don't you just answer my very simple question, as I have said before I don't have a problem with driver's either sitting on the speed limit or under it, but you do, so who is the one that lack's common courtesy on the road, answer that mate??.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #78
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonko351
its funny talking about overtaking more than one car at a time, my CFI EA would barely do that, no pick up at all... what annoys me though is when people are doing 80km/h in a 100 zone that turns into a 60 zone and are still doing 80km/h...
Example 1 - Old Windsor Rd is a prime example, 80km/h limit, bloody Camry's usually sit in the right hand lane doing 70, with me right behind trying to get through at 80, limit changes to 40 in the roadworks, I slow down, they keep doing 70 : clueless...

Example 2 - M4 has a limit of 110 in one section, so say I sit on 120, overtake a long line of cars doing 115, limit changes to 100 in the next section, I drop to 110 to compensate, the long line of cars keep doing 115 and all go past me again like a big leapfrog...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #79
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Example 1 - Old Windsor Rd is a prime example, 80km/h limit, bloody Camry's usually sit in the right hand lane doing 70, with me right behind trying to get through at 80, limit changes to 40 in the roadworks, I slow down, they keep doing 70 : clueless...
Years ago I heard that some old me drive at their safe speed everywhere! Regardless of posted speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Example 2 - M4 has a limit of 110 in one section, so say I sit on 120, overtake a long line of cars doing 115, limit changes to 100 in the next section, I drop to 110 to compensate, the long line of cars keep doing 115 and all go past me again like a big leapfrog...
It happens alot, people don't pay attention.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 24-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #80
SupahStah
Tha Stah

Goes to my golden rule ive stuck by since my Lerner hooning days haha
"If the car, or the driver cannot compfortably do the speed limit; ONE of them should be OFF the ROAD"

I think the cops should be looking for the ones impeding traffic some days. Perhaps less people would speed if the didnt get held up every 2 - 5 minuits (20km/h under the speed limit) lol

I have a threshhold of about 10km/h... any less, i start looking for places to overtake!

I actualy had a VN Commodore doing 60km/h in a 100zone... I go to over take, and he speeds up - not one to give in, i keep going... 130km/h....140km/h....160km/h then pull in... I was fumeing after that. And to add also this moron tailgated me all the way back to town!
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
Old 24-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #81
hilly1981

My personal opinion on overtaking is along with following the road laws in your state, common sense should also be used.

If you feel it is too risky to overtake at any time, then dont do it.

Also I believe if you are doing well under the speed limit without good reason, it is rude to hold up others behind you that wish to go at the speed limit. Show some courtesy and pull over to let the others past.

Unfortunately in my experience there are not many drivers that do this anymore, as they are oblivious to what is behind them (or around them for that matter).
Old 24-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #82
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What crap are you talking about now, my bodybuilding thread has nothing do with this thread you ****witt, so stay on track, you are really clutching at straw's now, since when did I say I go around bashing the crap out off people, I said I get rather annoyed with driver's that tailgate and road rage ussually occur's, why don't you just answer my very simple question, as I have said before I don't have a problem with driver's either sitting on the speed limit or under it, but you do, so who is the one that lack's common courtesy on the road, answer that mate??.
You dont have any courtesy holding people up who want to do the speed limit either..Soon as you wont move over when your in the wrong,How do you you expect them to overtake you without tailgating you??From 100 metres back? You BUMKIN
Old 24-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #83
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This thread is about to get shut
Old 24-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #84
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
This thread is about to get shut
Pity - surely road rage on the internet ("Virtual Road Rage"?) is better than the real thing?
Old 24-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #85
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

enough to go around for everyone... just calm down its only the internet
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
Old 24-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #86
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

This thread has been closed as a direct result of members inability to be civil to one another.
Closed Thread