Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #61
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Focus Culled to 3 Models.

Still got the TDCI Big Damo?

Ford will lose buyers moving out of $ spend segments but that is their choice.

I have had 2 new Fiestas and 4 new Focuses since 2003 but there wont be any more Fords in the garage when these go. I,m not in the plus $33 k market that Ford supply.
Ford are walking away from brand supporters who paid out for their cars.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #62
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Still got the TDCI Big Damo?

Ford will lose buyers moving out of $ spend segments but that is their choice.

I have had 2 new Fiestas and 4 new Focuses since 2003 but there wont be any more Fords in the garage when these go. I,m not in the plus $33 k market that Ford supply.
Ford are walking away from brand supporters who paid out for their cars.
Certainly do - that thing has been beaten on for every single kilometer it's been driven, survived me on my Ps too

Done 192,000km and still on its original pads and rotors it came out of the factory with - doesn't go fast enough to need to use brakes

I'm excited by the new Corolla, I'm not sure if that's because it looks cool or that I've aged and become a stale old man.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #63
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey the new Corolla does look ok.
However the boot is time and engine kw! Torque is the same as 2 litre petrol Focus LW model.
I think the Sa Focus is a fine car all be it no manual - a second hand Trend or Active May be an option.
But then an uninspiring six speed manual base 1 30 is affordable or maybe a manual Golf 7.5.
Geez even a new Fiesta with a 1.6 diesel or 1 litre eco boost with a manual I d buy but hey Ford don’t sell them here.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #64
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here's a little wintertime Corolla hooliganism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWjo4sEkgaw

If there's a pole shift and Australia ends up at one of the poles, it will look like this
Old 15-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #65
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Hey the new Corolla does look ok.
However the boot is time and engine kw! Torque is the same as 2 litre petrol Focus LW model.
I think the Sa Focus is a fine car all be it no manual - a second hand Trend or Active May be an option.
But then an uninspiring six speed manual base 1 30 is affordable or maybe a manual Golf 7.5.
Geez even a new Fiesta with a 1.6 diesel or 1 litre eco boost with a manual I d buy but hey Ford don’t sell them here.
Toyota now has a 268 hp version of the Yaris, not in Australia yet but I'd think it's short odds..

My beef with FOA's European sourced cars and SUVs is that they're trying to sell them here
for the same RRPs as they do in the UK, go look at Ford UK's website and you'll see the on
road prices, not too much imagination needed to subtract onnroad costs and see where our
higher than competition RRP are coming from....

Last edited by jpd80; 15-06-2020 at 07:36 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2020, 07:43 PM   #66
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

So looks like the great business model, one will be driving away old and new customers sub $30k and their other variants excl Ranger/Mustang are over priced most times cross shopping and people just are not visiting or thinking of Ford nowadays.
I suppose turning into a mini boutique over priced brand will be profitable.
Good luck to them.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #67
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
So looks like the great business model, one will be driving away old and new customers sub $30k and their other variants excl Ranger/Mustang are over priced most times cross shopping and people just are not visiting or thinking of Ford nowadays.
I suppose turning into a mini boutique over priced brand will be profitable.
Good luck to them.
What's the bet that most of last month's 167 Focus sales were dealer registration demo sales
or sales into Ford's own fleet like Holden did with ZB Commodore and other poor selling models.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: