Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #61
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMONTY
TRust me it never works best way to get over an EX is to hate her guts ,i was with my last g/f for over 3years and after we broke up she still wanted to be friends ,it hurt to much to be anywhere near her ,STAY AWAY far away its not worth it champ
hmm, not sure i agree with this one
whilst she hurt me emotionally, i cant bring myself to hate somebody i once loved......
dislike perhaps, hate....nah
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #62
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

ok well maybe not hate but very dislike YES
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #63
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

I agree its too hard and will be painful in the end.. Look at it this way, how would you feel if she has a new boyfriend.
I know my G/F wouldnt like me hanging around my ex either mind you i dont mind if she hangs around with her ex, if she disrespects me, well mate Im gone..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #64
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

find a girl who goes for ford
Old 02-02-2007, 06:32 PM   #65
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Relationships? Pump 'em and dump 'em.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #66
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
find a girl who goes for ford
haha she went for mitsubishi and holden :o...

Yeah well quite funny, she came into my work this arvo, and was trying to give me a guilt trip, I went back at her, she almost started to cry... and she started skitsing out at me, so my boss came out and told her to **** off... all tho yeah I'm guilty of wanting to clutch onto something, thats what I wanna be friends I spouse.
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #67
mcquej

to hard mate, every relationship iv ever had my partner was cheating on me or left me for another bloke(including best mates) the last relationship i came out of was last may, we were together for four years and when she went to the snow with her father and sister she started banging some dude from sydney (in the same room as her father. he wasnt to bothered) the bloke then folowed he back to melb and they had 2 more weeks of fun behind my back no wonder she never wanted sex.she goe pregnant, i helped her through the abortion and then left.
im only feeling a little better about the break up because i saw her the other day and she's put on about 50 kg. yeeeaaahhh

Any break up is never easy but im slowly learning to protect myself.
rule 1. dont touch mates x's. (or his girlfriend)
2 dont go back under any surcumstance
3. deleate all her details from your phone to avoid any drunk calls or msgs
4. lose contact(this includes being friends) and go back to your mates who have allways been there.
mcquej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #68
Skotty
Banned

Haha yeah, she is my best mates ex :o my mates only just started talkin to me again the last few weeks, which is cool were getting along again like old times! and the ex missus is gettin jelouse
Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #69
loosey

It sounds like you are in exactly the same boat as what i was on up until last weekend. Every girl I've been out with I've completely cut off apart from my last ex. We broke up about two months ago and within a fortnight of breaking up we were back to seeing each other almost daily, just no benefits : /. Even when we were broken up she couldn't take me going out just with my best mate and couldn't stand me seeing other girls.
Last week i stayed at her place for the night and we tried things again which only brought up feelings that we had left behind and made things awkward. We didn't talk for a couple of days after... On Thursday when I was out I ran into a girl that i used to see and got caught hooking up with her by my ex's best mate. Later that night my ex kept calling me/ sending abusive messages, I answered the first few then gave up. Why should i have to explain myself to her?
By Saturday she was threatening that she was going to have people come round to my place and get me. I told her to do me a favour and **** off and not talk to me again. She hasn't spoken to me since .

Moral of the story cut her off (for now at least).
loosey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #70
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo224
sorry its not up to your standard of "relationship"
I think honer meant that such short relationships are not quite the same thing as what is being discussed here. A couple of months in a relationship probably doesnt rank them as an 'ex partner' for the purposes of this thread as the degree of emotional attachment wouldnt be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty
Yeah well quite funny, she came into my work this arvo, and was trying to give me a guilt trip, I went back at her, she almost started to cry... and she started skitsing out at me, so my boss came out and told her to **** off...
Why is she even coming to your work? Either it is over or it isnt? Why bother with the guilt trip? And the crying? Manipulation my friend, that is all it is. She wants to have her cake and eat it too... you need to tell her to grow up, bugger off and get her own life in order and leave you to your life...

Just my opinion of course...

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #71
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

No matter what people say...i think if your mature enough (and it wasn;t a messy breakup you can still be friends.

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #72
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic

Why is she even coming to your work? Either it is over or it isnt? Why bother with the guilt trip? And the crying? Manipulation my friend, that is all it is. She wants to have her cake and eat it too... you need to tell her to grow up, bugger off and get her own life in order and leave you to your life...

Just my opinion of course...
nah thats exactly right....agree 100% with this
Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #73
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
No matter what people say...i think if your mature enough (and it wasn;t a messy breakup you can still be friends.
Yeah it was kinda messy, we lived together, she didn't tell me what she was doing, then she went to her dad's place for a week, didn't speak to me, then done it over sms...
Old 02-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #74
AussieJason

As many said before 90% of the time it is better to cut all ties. I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years back in September, but still communicated until recently. I now wish I had just stayed away since we split. It ended up causing another potential relationship to fail before it started. :(

I try very hard to be 'friends' with my ex-wife for the sake of my son, despite her actions over the last 3 years, so that is all I can handle of being friends with ex's at the moment !

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #75
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJason
As many said before 90% of the time it is better to cut all ties. I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years back in September, but still communicated until recently. I now wish I had just stayed away since we split. It ended up causing another potential relationship to fail before it started. :(

I try very hard to be 'friends' with my ex-wife for the sake of my son, despite her actions over the last 3 years, so that is all I can handle of being friends with ex's at the moment !
Its sad when there are kids involved, and it makes it so much harder to break that tie to the ex. Mine shafted me too, and left me with a 4 year old and an 8 month old. It all seemed too hard at the time.

Believe it or not, I get along with him now, 8 years or so later....

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #76
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

I miss my ex, been almost 2 years, she tried to be friends, but i wasnt over her.

Now she doesnt talk to me. Still love her and miss her, hence being single for almost 2 years.
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #77
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_KiWi
I miss my ex, been almost 2 years, she tried to be friends, but i wasnt over her.

Now she doesnt talk to me. Still love her and miss her, hence being single for almost 2 years.
does your ex know this? maybe she feels the same. If not and she has moved on then i suggest you move on too. Meet someone else and you will soon get over her.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #78
LUXO_8
windsor user

sometimes its not as straight cut as "meeting someone else"...i was hurt (i guess you could call it "emotionally scared".....sounds crap but i guess its what its called) ive been trying for 5 months to get back into the scene..........its far from easy
Old 04-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #79
Skotty
Banned

Hey, well... I know it's moving along quick, but I've started not forget about a few things, it's not tempting me to send her sms's or anything maybe the fact I've sort of met someone else has something to do with it hey... I've told her the situation and she's cool with it... was up to 4.30 this morning talking heh till I went to sleep on her while on the phone

Seems things are getting better all ready for me alltho my ex sent me a message on msn saying "ahh I done this thought of you and it made me cry" I sent her back :(? guilt trip not working there! hahaha
Old 04-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #80
henry_ford
order taker

can not be done. mine is only nice when she wants more money or similar. wonderfull daughter together, but all she does is play games. tried to be mates and still do. but in the end its all a game for her. so i think no. dont even ever try.
henry_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #81
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Wont work mate, i tryed and it just got messy, now that i dont see or talk to her its alot better, being friends with an ex is just something thats not worth the hassle one bit!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #82
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey, well... I know it's moving along quick, but I've started not forget about a few things, it's not tempting me to send her sms's or anything maybe the fact I've sort of met someone else has something to do with it hey... I've told her the situation and she's cool with it... was up to 4.30 this morning talking heh till I went to sleep on her while on the phone

Seems things are getting better all ready for me alltho my ex sent me a message on msn saying "ahh I done this thought of you and it made me cry" I sent her back :(? guilt trip not working there! hahaha
why would she be trying to make you feel guilty if she dumped you? maybe she only dumped you to scare you and wants you back. its good that your moving on though. i remember when i used to fall asleep on the phone with my girl. turns out i ended up having galanjala fever (how ever you spell it) lol
Old 04-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #83
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
does your ex know this? maybe she feels the same. If not and she has moved on then i suggest you move on too. Meet someone else and you will soon get over her.
Oh she knows, but refuses to acknowledge things ive said and done in the last 2 years out of ignornace. I stuffed up constantly during the relationship but the time i learnt my lesson and actually did something about it, it was too late.

And for meeting someone else, its been almost 2 years, and havent met anyone to make me get over her, nor do i think i want too.
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #84
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh she knows, but refuses to acknowledge things ive said and done in the last 2 years out of ignornace. I stuffed up constantly during the relationship but the time i learnt my lesson and actually did something about it, it was too late.

And for meeting someone else, its been almost 2 years, and havent met anyone to make me get over her, nor do i think i want too.
i know how you feel. when i had a big fight with my girl and she wanted to end it, i thought i'll just meet someone else and then i thought deeper and i knew it's not like that. 2 years is hard to forget and i knew i couldnt find someone like her. everyones different and i love being with my girl, i wouldnt trade that ever. we made up and we have been happy since. i don't know what i would do if she actually went through with the whole break up, although i would be depressed i know i would just keep looking for somone that will make me happy because lifes too short to be depressed and thinking about 1 girl who doesnt want you.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #85
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Just don't get caught up too much in the new girl. I've made that mistake, as i'm sure many others have. There's a reason there's the term 'rebound' in the relationship world.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #86
mutanti
Turbo

I have been split up for around a year and tryed to remain friends but found the ex to be prying into my personal life a little to much, askin questions about women i have been with etc so Im trying to keep well away.

Best bit is she is 5 hours away from me so its hard for her to know much at all apart from what her old friends from around here tell her.
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #87
goldfire

My first Ex hit me with the "I'm pregnant" scene.. scared the utter crap out of me at first till i put 2 and 2 together.. and some basic mathemetics and human biology.

Look seriously, before i left the state i was good friend with a couple of my ex's, i found them to be good mates considering they had similer likes to me and knew me as well as i knew myself.

I guess each to their own or as the old saying goes it's all in the eye of the beholder, if they act like a mate and not step outside of that role then all should be good i guess.

granted i'm no expert but in the end we each choose what is right and/or comfortable to ourselves.
goldfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #88
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:

mate, i feel for you..

hope you can sort something out! dont let it ruin the rest of your life..

best of luck
Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #89
Skotty
Banned

Yeah, she spoke to me today and I felt physicly sick so yeh I made up my mind now.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #90
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

I hardly talk to my Ex...she normally will call me every few months. I never call her...she actually called me the other night to apologise for the way she treated me..or "Everything" as she said. Now...i can tell you right now...I'm a happier Man for not having her In my life...Sad to say but true. I say if you want it to end then kill it and cut off the contact- you need that to move on. Just having her around to shag will only pro long the inevitable when a) she finds some one else or b) the more unlikely...you get back together.
Either way, all the best