Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #61
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple
Steffo, if you've never driven a 380, then don't comment on them. Persoanlly I've driven all the big 4 cars and the 380 is a very comparable drive.
Steffo knows everything about all cars he's never driven. You should know that by now...
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 03:16 AM   #62
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Series
So 380s are unreliable and badly built based on the opinions of an unqualified, inexpert and biased boy?
And what would you know about my experience or qualification Mr. 38 posts? Oh, that's right... nothing.

Quote:
So you are saying that you're unbiased against Mitsubishi? What about Toyota? Come on... who are you trying to kid? lol
The brands I hate (Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Subaru) I hate with good reason. Like, nothing but bad experiences with them?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 03:16 AM   #63
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Steffo knows everything about all cars he's never driven. You should know that by now...
I didn't think there was anyone that didn't know that left? : :

:
Old 16-11-2007, 03:29 AM   #64
B-Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
And what would you know about my experience or qualification Mr. 38 posts? Oh, that's right... nothing.

The brands I hate (Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Subaru) I hate with good reason. Like, nothing but bad experiences with them?
I don't often post here (hence the 38 posts), but that doesn't mean I don't read through the forums. Congrats Mr. 3000+ posts... you've just proved to everyone that having a lot of posts does not make you intelligent. What do you do for a living again?

And what do you say to the 99.9% of people who have had good experiences with those brands (Mitsu, Toyota, Honda, Subaru)?
B-Series is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 03:44 AM   #65
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
I don't often post here (hence the 38 posts), but that doesn't mean I don't read through the forums. Congrats Mr. 3000+ posts... you've just proved to everyone that having a lot of posts does not make you intelligent. What do you do for a living again?

And what do you say to the 99.9% of people who have had good experiences with those brands (Mitsu, Toyota, Honda, Subaru)?
If you must know what I do for a living... I work in the service department of a Mazda & Subaru dealership, for the moment. When I say I think Subaru is no good, I mean it.

That's a pretty poor attempt, by the way, to criticise my intelligence. Keep trying, you might succeed eventually.

As for those supposed "99.9%," even though the real figure would not be remotely close to that high, I say good luck to them. It makes no difference to me. What does annoy me is when e-warriors try to tell me my opinion based on experience is wrong. I haven't told anyone they're wrong for liking a 380/Magna or whatever, just simply stated what I think of them. You know, the type of thing people do on discussion forums... discuss, converse, compare experience and opinion, etc.

Obviously though, I'm now under the attack of the We-Love-To-Hate-Our-Car-League, ie: Ford owners who will never call their Falcon superior to its competition and slag anyone who thinks it is and the Mitsubishi-Defense-League, partially made up of a branch of the former, who can't allow people not to like Mitsu's.

"Alert, alert... someone doesn't think the 380 is God's gift to motoring, quickly, get the SWAT teams, call the army, we can't allow this! Everyone must agree with us that these cars are the best thing money can buy!"

:
Old 16-11-2007, 04:23 AM   #66
B-Series

Quote:
If you must know what I do for a living... I work in the service department of a Mazda & Subaru dealership, for the moment. When I say I think Subaru is no good, I mean it.

That's a pretty poor attempt, by the way, to criticise my intelligence. Keep trying, you might succeed eventually.

As for those supposed "99.9%," even though the real figure would not be remotely close to that high, I say good luck to them. It makes no difference to me. What does annoy me is when e-warriors try to tell me my opinion based on experience is wrong. I haven't told anyone they're wrong for liking a 380/Magna or whatever, just simply stated what I think of them. You know, the type of thing people do on discussion forums... discuss, converse, compare experience and opinion, etc.

Obviously though, I'm now under the attack of the We-Love-To-Hate-Our-Car-League, ie: Ford owners who will never call their Falcon superior to its competition and slag anyone who thinks it is and the Mitsubishi-Defense-League, partially made up of a branch of the former, who can't allow people not to like Mitsu's.

"Alert, alert... someone doesn't think the 380 is God's gift to motoring, quickly, get the SWAT teams, call the army, we can't allow this! Everyone must agree with us that these cars are the best thing money can buy!"

So I take it that you've never worked at a Mitsubishi service department before and that you've never owned a 380?

You work in the service department? How many years did you spend at Uni to secure that position lol? Seriously though, you are unintelligent because you are unable to give an objective and unbiased opinion. Kinda like how the VL bogan reckons his rust bucket commodore is God's gift to mankind.

This is a discussion forum so you are allowed to state your opinions no matter how absurd they may be. But like I said, if you want to post crap then be prepared to get flamed for it.

I'm not a Mitsubshi Fanboy. In fact, the 380 is my least favoritie car in the large car class. I'm merely saying that they are not any less reliable or badly built than a Falcon or Commodore as you make them out to be. I and just about every other forum member on here are begining to tire of your comical ramblings. Kinda like: "Toyota is crap, I know because I said so. Go buy a Golf". .

Last edited by B-Series; 16-11-2007 at 04:28 AM.
Old 16-11-2007, 04:47 AM   #67
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
So I take it that you've never worked at a Mitsubishi service department before and that you've never owned a 380?

You work in the service department? How many years did you spend at Uni to secure that position lol? Seriously though, you are unintelligent because you are unable to give an objective and unbiased opinion. Kinda like how the VL bogan reckons his rust bucket commodore is God's gift to mankind.

This is a discussion forum so you are allowed to state your opinions no matter how absurd they may be. But like I said, if you want to post crap then be prepared to get flamed for it.

I'm not a Mitsubshi Fanboy. In fact, the 380 is my least favoritie car in the large car class. I'm merely saying that they are not any less reliable or badly built than a Falcon or Commodore as you make them out to be. I and just about every other forum member on here are begining to tire of your comical ramblings. Kinda like: "Toyota is crap, I know because I said so. Go buy a Golf". .
And you're the judge of who is intelligent and who is? [img]http://www.desaubin.nl/emoticons/****er.gif[/img]

I give opinion based on real life experience. I don't have to explain myself any further to you then saying I have seen these cars offer nothing but poor reliability. Why should I believe what some e-fighter says over what I've seen?

That's great if you don't like or love the 380, I don't care. And do you see me trying to belittle or abuse you because you think the 380 isn't any worse then a Falcon or Commodore? Nope.

Do you try to do it to me? Yep. Rather then e-warrior at me about how unintelligent you think I am and attempt to belittle me why don't you actually engage in some intelligent debate and conversation, perhaps bringing up why you think so and so car is good, and to ask why I think so and so isn't. Obviously though, hypocracy is your cup of tea.

That last line doesn't deserve and intelligent response. :togo:

:
Old 16-11-2007, 05:04 AM   #68
B-Series

Quote:
And you're the judge of who is intelligent and who is? [img]http://www.desaubin.nl/emoticons/****er.gif[/img]

I give opinion based on real life experience. I don't have to explain myself any further to you then saying I have seen these cars offer nothing but poor reliability. Why should I believe what some e-fighter says over what I've seen?

That's great if you don't like or love the 380, I don't care. And do you see me trying to belittle or abuse you because you think the 380 isn't any worse then a Falcon or Commodore? Nope.

Do you try to do it to me? Yep. Rather then e-warrior at me about how unintelligent you think I am and attempt to belittle me why don't you actually engage in some intelligent debate and conversation, perhaps bringing up why you think so and so car is good, and to ask why I think so and so isn't. Obviously though, hypocracy is your cup of tea.

That last line doesn't deserve and intelligent response. :togo:
If you are stating what you think about 380s, perhaps you should say: "In my experience 380s are unrealiable and poorly built". Then you would back it up by stating your experience with them. Except you haven't had any valid experience with the 380 - That's the problem. You haven't owned one, let alone driven one and you seem to have an inherent bias against anything Toyota/Mitsubishi. I'm guessing you were hit by Toyota branded car/bus when you were a kid and that left you traumatised? .

Intelligent conversation? Since when have you engaged in anything remotely close to that? I'm sure others will agree with me on this one. Aren't you the guy that once said that all toyota camrys are unreliable death traps?

Instead, you go on about how 380s are unreliable and poorly built as if it is a concrete fact that cannot be debated. You don't allow anyone else to share their opinions if they are different to your's. Like I said, you are forgetting that the vast majority (who have actually had experience with the 380) have had positive experiences. I think you'll find that while the 380 may be boring, ugly and relatively slow it will do what it was designed to do. That is, to get you and your family from point A to B reliably.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:19 AM   #69
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
If you are stating what you think about 380s, perhaps you should say: "In my experience 380s are unrealiable and poorly built". Then you would back it up by stating your experience with them. Except you haven't had any valid experience with the 380 - That's the problem. You haven't owned one, let alone driven one and you seem to have an inherent bias against anything Toyota/Mitsubishi. I'm guessing you were hit by Toyota branded car/bus when you were a kid and that left you traumatised? .

Intelligent conversation? Since when have you engaged in anything remotely close to that? I'm sure others will agree with me on this one. Aren't you the guy that once said that all toyota camrys are unreliable death traps?

Instead, you go on about how 380s are unreliable and poorly built as if it is a concrete fact that cannot be debated. You don't allow anyone else to share their opinions if they are different to your's. Like I said, you are forgetting that the vast majority (who have actually had experience with the 380) have had positive experiences. I think you'll find that while the 380 may be boring, ugly and relatively slow it will do what it was designed to do. That is, to get you and your family from point A to B reliably.
Actually, I lost my mother to a car accident a decade ago and this person was driving a Toyota. And the main reason she died is because the car was not adequately able to protect her. Which in my eyes is just cause to dislike the brand, period. And it wasn't the Camry I called the deathtrap, it was the Corolla, which was what she owned.

I do have more reasons for my distaste for that paticular brand, but this ranks far above them as number one.

Perhaps you should put some thought into what you're saying rather then posting idiotic, childish, mindless, and in this scenario, offensive and hurtful garbage like "I'm guessing you were hit by Toyota branded car/bus when you were a kid and that left you traumatised?"

You accuse me of never taking part in intelligent conversation, yet you seem very unable of maintaining one yourself.

:
Old 16-11-2007, 05:33 AM   #70
B-Series

Quote:
Actually, I lost my mother to a car accident a decade ago and this person was driving a Toyota. And the main reason she died is because the car was not adequately able to protect her. Which in my eyes is just cause to dislike the brand, period. And it wasn't the Camry I called the deathtrap, it was the Corolla, which was what she owned.

I do have more reasons for my distaste for that paticular brand, but this ranks far above them as number one.

Perhaps you should put some thought into what you're saying rather then posting idiotic, childish, mindless, and in this scenario, offensive and hurtful garbage like "I'm guessing you were hit by Toyota branded car/bus when you were a kid and that left you traumatised?"

You accuse me of never taking part in intelligent conversation, yet you seem very unable of maintaining one yourself.
I accuse you of unintelligent conversation because you make biased statements without backing them up with credible evidence. In fact, this has become a trend in your posts and you are begining to irritate everyone.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:36 AM   #71
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
I would not have made such a joke if I had known about your situation. I accuse you of unintelligent conversation because make biased statements without backing them up with solid evidence. In fact, this has become a trend in your posts and you are begining to irritate everyone.
The point is, why make the joke at all? You can't possibly know how what you say will affect someone, both on the internet and in real life. In a conversation like this one it is immature and childish. Furthermore, do you see me trying to offend or abuse or make jokes about you?

Define solid evidence? Would you like me to list for you every problem I have seen occur with an MMAL product? Or do you want written evidence from a credible source?

Oh, and I'll let you in on a little secret... you only speak for yourself, not this whole forum.

:
Old 16-11-2007, 05:52 AM   #72
B-Series

Quote:
The point is, why make the joke at all? Do you see me trying to offend or abuse or make jokes about you?

Define solid evidence? Would you like me to list for you every problem I have seen occur with an MMAL product? Or do you want written evidence from a credible source?

Oh, and I'll let you in on a little secret... you only speak for yourself, not this whole forum.
No, you haven't made jokes about me. But I do recall you making jokes about someone having an IQ of less than 65. That wasn't 'directly' directed at the person you were arguing with but the insult was implied. Looks like someone is guilty of double standards.

Solid evidence = facts, figures, what the experts say, and unbiased/objective opinions of people who do not have a zealous hatred of a particular brand.

For example: your negative opinion on the 380 is not based on what I would call solid/credible evidence. Firstly, you've never owned one. Secondly, you've never driven one. Even if you have taken one for a short "15 minute" drive, that is not long enough to establish all pros and cons of the car. Thirdly, if you look at the articles/reports, you'll find that the 380 is not the unreliable and badly built car that you say it is. In terms of reliabiltity, it is at least on par with the current Falcon.

So I'm only speaking for myself? I'm sure quite a few others will agree with my points. Why don't we conduct a vote?
Old 16-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #73
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
No, you haven't made jokes about me. But I do recall you making jokes about someone having an IQ of less than 65. That wasn't 'directly' directed at the person you were arguing with but the insult was implied. Looks like someone is guilty of double standards.

Solid evidence = facts, figures, what the experts say, and unbiased/objective opinions of people who do not have a zealous hatred of a particular brand.

For example: your negative opinion on the 380 is not based on what I would call solid/credible evidence. Firstly, you've never owned one. Secondly, you never driven one. Even if you have taken one for a short "15 minute" drive, that is not long enough to establish all pros and cons of the car. Thirdly, if you look at the articles/reports, you'll find that the 380 is not the unreliable and badly built car that you say it is. In terms of reliabiltity, it is at least on par with the current Falcon.

So I'm only speaking for myself? I'm sure quite a few others will agree with my points. Why don't we conduct a vote, I'll start a new thread with a poll so we can all vote? :
The 65 IQ remark was not an indirect insult as you were implying, and/or not intentional, but it was interpereted that way. That's about as close as you'll get to double standard in that regard from me.

The comments I post are based on what I see in real life, not internet articles. I don't need to post comments based on internet articles because they're there already.

You assume that just because I hate Toyota, Mitsu and what not that I'll just get in a car and go right this sucks and not even give it a chance. That is not true. While I would never buy any of their cars (esp. Toyota), the ones I do drive I try to personally evaluate objectively. I like driver's cars. I also like cars that are solid in their construction, don't make use of extremley thin structural panels and have solid feeling interiors to complement the exterior/structure. Every late model Mitsubishi and Toyota I've even sat in has not felt like that. But being fair, Falcons and Commodores don't really feel like that either.

The 380's 6G75 engine is simply a larger version of the 6G74 (3.5) and 6G72 (3.0) in the previous Magna's. My personal experiences have been with the 74 and 72, but if they were bad, why would the 3.8litre version of the same engine be any better? I've yet to personally see one of those engines with more then 200,000km on it that's still running smoothly, quietly and without issue. In my personal experience, together with the Buick L27 (VN-VR) and L36 (VS-VY) 3.8 V6's in the Commodores are the shortest lasting, worst engines in Australian made cars. In my personal experience, Ford's 4.0L OHC and DOHC Inline-Six and Toyota's 1MZ-FE (1997-2006 Camry V6) absolutley walk all over the other two.

Now rather then go on about, "Oh no, you're wrong, it doesn't matter what you've seen because of this and this and this," and then making insulting jokes and trying to belittle etc, what is so hard in saying something like.. "Oh well, I have seen this this and this." I've got no problem with sarcasm, jokes (so long as they are appropriate) etc etc. Posts don't have to be completley serious or in properly punctuated English for all I care - I am guilty of that many times over.... but while you're accusing me of saying, "This is no good because I say so," you're very guilty of trying to say, "You are stupid, you are wrong and nothing you say matters, because I say so."

What was that about double standards?

:
Old 16-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #74
B-Series

My posts may be sarcastic and insulting, but you aren't all that righteous yourself. Sometimes you need to fight fire with fire.

So you are saying that the 380 is unreliable merely because the previous Magna was (in your opinion) unreliable? Your argument is not convincing considering that it is not backed up by facts, figures and direct experience with the 380 itself.

Even you have to admit that your comments made toward Toyota, Mitsubishi are based on your dislike for the brand rather than fact. I can find many examples of this. Want me to make a list?

Maybe if you back up your arguments with credible sources (rather then the 380 sucks because the Magna sucks) then you will get more respect on the forums and less pot-shots will be aimed at you.

Last edited by B-Series; 16-11-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 16-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #75
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
My posts may be sarcastic and insulting, but you aren't all that righteous yourself. Sometimes you need to fight fire with fire.

So you are saying that the 380 is unreliable merely because the previous Magna was (in your opinion) unreliable? Your argument is not convincing considering that it is not backed up by facts, figures and direct experience with the 380 itself.

Even you have to admit that your comments made toward Toyota, Mitsubishi are based on your dislike for the brand rather than fact. I can find many examples of this. Want me to make a list?

Maybe if you back up your arguments with credible sources (rather then the 380 sucks because the Magna sucks) then you will get more respect on the forums and less pot-shots will be aimed at you.
My argument doesn't need to be convicing. I'm not trying to sell something. I'm stating my experience. This is what you seem not to understand. What I have seen happen with the 6G7-Series of engines is not very good. And guess what, the 380 has a 6G75, the largest capacity of the 6G7-Series engines. Its the same engine that's been in the Magna with more capacity.

My negative comments towards these marques are based on personal experience in the real world. I don't care what the internet says, I care about what I see happen. Anyone can write anything about anything. Just as you may write that you've never seen a problem with a 6G7-Series engine or what have you, I can write the opposite.

Do you want to know what's very ironic... back when all I cared about was facts, figures and data... veterans of this forum would tell me that real world experience was the key. And now, when I agree with that sentiment, forum newbies come out of the woodwork trying to tell me the opposite.

:
Old 16-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #76
rodderz

Take personal issues to PM

Everyone welcome to debate but when the last page is between 2 people post after post, it gets a bit much.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #77
B-Series

Quote:
My argument doesn't need to be convicing. I'm not trying to sell something. I'm stating my experience. This is what you seem not to understand.

Do you want to know what's very ironic... back when all I cared about was facts, figures and data... veterans of this forum would tell me that real world experience was the key. And now, when I agree with that sentiment, forum newbies come out of the woodwork trying to tell me the opposite.
Stating your personal experience is perfectly okay. The problem is when you present your opinion as a fact that cannot be disputed by anyone. While you may have had negative experiences with Magnas, bear in mind that many others have had positive ones. Try to keep an open mind. Instead of saying all Magnas are mechanically inferior, perhaps you should say "in my experience Magnas are unreliable". That way you can state your opinion without generalising.
Old 16-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #78
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
My argument doesn't need to be convicing. I'm not trying to sell something. I'm stating my experience. This is what you seem not to understand. What I have seen happen with the 6G7-Series of engines is not very good. And guess what, the 380 has a 6G75, the largest capacity of the 6G7-Series engines. Its the same engine that's been in the Magna with more capacity.

My negative comments towards these marques are based on personal experience in the real world. I don't care what the internet says, I care about what I see happen. Anyone can write anything about anything. Just as you may write that you've never seen a problem with a 6G7-Series engine or what have you, I can write the opposite.

The good ol' Falcon vs Commodore vs Aurion vs 380 debate.

In my opinion and having driven the fleet models for thousands of kilometres for work i think in order of best to last it goes:

1)BF Falcon XT
2)Mitsubish 380
3)Holden Commodore Omega
4)Toyota Aurion Crappofleeto

Now let me explain that I am just talking fleet models as if you included the entire range you would move the Commodore into second position.

Now the Falcon is the best because it is such a brilliant car, the 380 second because it's ordinary and the Omega and Aurion last because they are rubbish.

The 380 is not a bad car it has noticeably more torque than the Commodore and Aurion and it's styling isn't too offensive it's a good ordinary car but unfortunately the Falcon betters it in every way being roomier, gruntier and more fun but the 380 is not a bad car.

The Commodore is a big, chunky, overweight behemoth with an engine note that makes you cringe. Don't buy a Commodore below an SS!!

The Aurion is such a piece of crap that I don't know why people are defending it. Without going into the build quality problems we have had with it at work the handling is atrocious with the torque steer and bump steer being so bad I don't know how Toyota can call this thing safe. Two words for the engine "Two Stroke". The inability to pick a gear and the fact that it has to rev out all the time is downright frustrating and remember when it does rev out you get that annoying tug on the steering wheel. The powerband is shiiite it may be making 200kw at 6500rpm but it feels like it's making 8kw at 3000rpm. Oh and foot brakes are annoying plus it destroys the ability to have a clutch pedal. Styling.......don't even go there

So yeah the 380 is an AVERAGE car but only because the Commodore and Aurion are so crap and the falcon is so damn good.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #79
Disciple
Banned

The 6G7* series of engines are brilliant. The 6G72TT for example is an excellent engine and has been pushed to well over 1000HP. The yanks are experimenting now with the 6G75 and superchargers and are getting some good numbers now. The 6G74 is excellent too with RPW making a 600HP TT version still on stock conrods in their Magna. Totally reliable. And if you're confused about how many kms these engines can do, go check out the Magna forums. Plenty of guys there with 6G7* engines well over 300,000kms.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #80
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree, I have just bought a BF Series 2 Ghia it is brilliant !!! makes my AU 3look like a dunnydore.
Old 16-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #81
Type40
Starter Motor

Quote:

The 380's 6G75 engine is simply a larger version of the 6G74 (3.5) and 6G72 (3.0) in the previous Magna's. My personal experiences have been with the 74 and 72, but if they were bad, why would the 3.8litre version of the same engine be any better? I've yet to personally see one of those engines with more then 200,000km on it that's still running smoothly, quietly and without issue.
Well for your info my previous TF 3.0 had done 300,000 kms when i sold it. NO head gasket trouble, no cracked heads, no oil burning, and it still performed like the day it was born. In fact it did 250,000 kms on the original clutch! That car was absolutely brilliant, thats one of the reasons i bought the 380 was because of the great run i had from the Magna.

I find your purile, baseless remarks a little tiring. You really typify the bogan mentality that i have had to endure from the RWD brigade... Try being a bit open minded!
Type40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #82
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type40
Well for your info my previous TF 3.0 had done 300,000 kms when i sold it. NO head gasket trouble, no cracked heads, no oil burning, and it still performed like the day it was born. In fact it did 250,000 kms on the original clutch! That car was absolutely brilliant, thats one of the reasons i bought the 380 was because of the great run i had from the Magna.

I find your purile, baseless remarks a little tiring. You really typify the bogan mentality that i have had to endure from the RWD brigade... Try being a bit open minded!
Having poor experiences with the 6G72 and 6G74 is 'bogan mentality,' and has something to do with the 'RWD brigade?' Rightio.

My remarks aren't baseless. The last MMAL product I got to use for an extended period in recent times was a KR Verada that was leant to me a few months ago. 3.0L V6 (6G72) with 218,000km showing on the clock. It leaked oil, along with drinking it too... was using a not very healthy 25+L/100km in city driving, was very noisy in the wrong sort of way (insane levels of valve chatter) and idled very strangely (800-900rpm, then suddenly it would hit almost 1500rpm and stay there for a while, then drop down again, then go up... as if the a/c was on even though it wasn't). The power windows didn't work properly, they were very slow and would get stuck half way up at times and needed a helping hand. The power mirrors didn't work at all. The rear demister would only demist half the window. The power steering made funny squealing noises when you turned the wheel. The autobox was very harsh on upchange and kickdown, to be fair though, it never really chose the wrong gear... just broke your neck every time it shifted. The door locks didn't work properly either. The driver's side could lock the car but it as almost impossible to unlock it. The front passenger side would unlock the car but wouldn't turn the other way to lock it (I thought I was gonna break the key). It had the factory audio system, with only one functional speaker... good thing was it was the driver's side one.

That's just one example. I appreciate others may have had nothing but blissful experiences with them and hey, I wish you all the best with your 380. But my experiences with the 6G7~ engines and the Mitsubishi cars (and vans) haven't been the best.

Oh... forgot to mention... that Verada had very comfy seats. I liked those.

:
Old 16-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #83
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Having poor experiences with the 6G72 and 6G74 is 'bogan mentality,' and has something to do with the 'RWD brigade?' Rightio.

My remarks aren't baseless. The last MMAL product I got to use for an extended period in recent times was a KR Verada that was leant to me a few months ago. 3.0L V6 (6G72) with 218,000km showing on the clock. It leaked oil, along with drinking it too... was using a not very healthy 25+L/100km in city driving, was very noisy in the wrong sort of way (insane levels of valve chatter) and idled very strangely (800-900rpm, then suddenly it would hit almost 1500rpm and stay there for a while, then drop down again, then go up... as if the a/c was on even though it wasn't). The power windows didn't work properly, they were very slow and would get stuck half way up at times and needed a helping hand. The power mirrors didn't work at all. The rear demister would only demist half the window. The power steering made funny squealing noises when you turned the wheel. The autobox was very harsh on upchange and kickdown, to be fair though, it never really chose the wrong gear... just broke your neck every time it shifted. The door locks didn't work properly either. The driver's side could lock the car but it as almost impossible to unlock it. The front passenger side would unlock the car but wouldn't turn the other way to lock it (I thought I was gonna break the key). It had the factory audio system, with only one functional speaker... good thing was it was the driver's side one.

That's just one example. I appreciate others may have had nothing but blissful experiences with them and hey, I wish you all the best with your 380. But my experiences with the 6G7~ engines and the Mitsubishi cars (and vans) haven't been the best.

Oh... forgot to mention... that Verada had very comfy seats. I liked those.
So whats the difference between that of a Falcon/commo of the same age and km's?
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #84
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
So whats the difference between that of a Falcon/commo of the same age and km's?
When I get in a 450,000km old Falcon every day, our cab, which doesn't do any of that...

One of my best friends has an EL Futura with 200,000km on it that they've owned since 25,000km. That thing is service, 'when he feels like it,' and is generally not taken care of very well at all. No mechanical dramas, no funny noises, no funny idle etc. The trans has nasty harsh shift like that Verada did though. Especially 1st-2nd, it throws you out of your seat on the 1st-2nd shift. And as is typical with base model Falcon steering wheels, its melted at the top and exposed the metal.

Another mate has a 150,000km old VT Exec' which just crapped an auto and idles like a truck. Nothing else really wrong with it.

They all have problems and none are perfect, I remember reading about that ACNeilson car quality survey thing that Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi domestic products took the bottom three spots on their quality thing. I've just seen and had a better run with Falcons then the others. Just as some people have had the best run with Commo's, other with Mitsu's and so on and so forth.

The Ford melting steering wheels get very annoying... lol.

:
Old 16-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #85
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I remember reading about that ACNeilson car quality survey thing that Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi domestic products took the bottom three spots on their quality thing.
Well you got two out of the three right, ford had a shocker though across all categories, Mitsubishi didn't go too badly with the SUVs.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...6&vf=0&IsPgd=0

Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #86
Disciple
Banned

Seems to me all those Mitsubishi products faired extremely well, except for Lancer which is the old model, now replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive
Meanwhile the Mitsubishi 380 and the V6 version of the Toyota Camry, which are built in Australia but largely designed overseas, perform better, eclipsing the Grandeur but falling short of the Maxima on quality.
Falcon dead last behind Commodore.

Quote:
In the compact soft-roader market, which is dominated by Japanese brands, an average 69 per cent of vehicles were fault-free in the first five months of ownership. The top performer is the Mitsubishi Outlander, followed by the Korean-built Hyundai Tucson and the Japanese trio of Subaru Outback, Honda CR-V and Subaru Forester.
Quote:
In the medium-sized segment, the Holden Adventra scores 36 per cent without faults. Ford's Territory four-wheel-drive version scores 40. The Toyota Kluger scores the highest mark, with74.
Daewoo Barina scored the same as a Fiesta and the Focus was beaten by Daewoo Viva.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #87
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

My opinion, for what it's worth. The 380 is a very attractive car, and the VRX is an example of a beautifully designed sports version. There is only one thing that kept me out of the dealerships. Front wheel drive. If you want to compete as a manufacturer in this country, on a sports/power level, you have to have RWD. AWD is good, but not my cup of tea. Front wheel drive is great for low power applications and small cars. My 2 cents.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #88
Dilan

Quote:
Look up Mitsubishi Global and their current financial status and proove to me they don't have a shaky future and I'll believe you.
Out of interest, is it not true that Ford Aus (as well as Ford Global) are not doing any better? Not to mention GM
Old 16-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #89
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the 380 is round until 2012 then the lancer will most likely to take over
Old 16-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #90
MON10A

the 380 isnt a bad vehicle,when compared to the ba i owned there great
MON10A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post