Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #61
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm suprised theres absolutely no sign of paint on that piece?
must have used a fair bit of fuel?
Old 23-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #62
metalmania

F.....g low lifes and unfortunately the world is full of them.We should all be on the look out and hunt for these sort of scumbags.How could you possibly do this to a beautiful car.

I would take my time and track these m.....f......s and out:
Old 23-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #63
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you need to post up good photo's of motor and details of hard to get parts so people know what to look for in coming months at places selling secondhand parts be it in trading post,ebay and high performance shops and wreckers,as i very much doubt its local teenagers and bums,more likely someone you would least expect.
Old 23-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #64
johnny351
used to be johnny260

man that sucks i know how you feel its not a beautiful as ur coupe but some one stole my ba xr8 i loved this car cause it was the first one i had bought myself and i only had it 3 months
Old 23-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #65
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really feel for you mate.

That is just one of the worst nightmares you could have..

I would rather never see it again than have to view that.

The law in this country is to busy coming down like a ton of bricks on hard working people and not doing enough to catch F@#$%ing A@#$holes who do things like this to people's prized and hard worked for property.

Let this be a lesson to us all..DO NOT EVER BUY PARTS THAT YOU SUSPECT ARE STOLEN. All you are doing is fuelling an industry for these heartless pr!cks to do this to your pride and joy.

May they rot in Hell.
Old 23-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #66
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
we need bigger penalties.
And also the law to do there job properly and not turn there heads the other way
Old 23-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #67
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti

what sort of P rick does this kind of C rap, back when a persons transport was respected they used to hang horse theives, time to go take some lesons form our past I think
I cannot believe they ran those pics ???

My XC was in the same state behind POWERS ,on its roof and they took their time picking the carcass like buzzards ,when i got the news (INSERT WHAT YOU WISH HERE !) i went back month after month after month , for what ??

Every time the shell was worse than the last , bullet holes broken bottles , l/f strut tower removed !!!

My pain was over when what appeared to be a bulldozer flattened it .... Now that story is behind me ...Till i saw this :
Old 23-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #68
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

I feel for you mate as I do believe in KARMA what goes around comes around won't be today but it will happen as it always does.
Be strong mate.
Old 24-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #69
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Those low life mongrels need to be found and strung up. The legal system will only come down on them like a ton of feathers!!

I lost an XA GT Sedan 23 years ago and I still think about it. One saving grace is that it was never found, I'd hate to find my pride and joy a burned out shell in the bush.

We all feel your pain.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Old 24-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #70
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

Sorry for your loss Rob, I really enjoyed writing that feature story for issue 31 and can well appreciate the level of effort you and your mates Mal, Phil and Greg put in to make it the stunner that it was.

There are pics in these 2 galleries so people know what to look for
Page 1 Page 2

And here's the parts list so people know what to be suspiscious of, as printed in the LOWDOWN at the end of the feature story:
Owner: Rob Hohnke
Vehicle: 1973 XA coupe
Paint: Spies Hecker Wild plum two-pack with clear coat
Styling: Pro Street XA GT
Engine: 351ci Cleveland
Engine Mods: Block machined (bored, decked and honed), rotating parts balanced and blueprinted, 4MAB crank and shot peened stock rods, TRW forged flat-top pistons, Crane solid cam (0.540” lift, 258deg @ 0.050 duration, 110 lobe sep), Romac timing chain, solid lifters, hardened pushrods, Crane roller rockers, screw in studs, Cast 2V heads, 2V intake and 4V exhaust valves, three angle valve grind, K-Line guides, Crane double valve springs, Isky chrome moly retainers, Weiand X-cellerator intake and carby spacer, Holley 650cfm double pumper carby, MSD distributor, MSD 6AL coil
Exhaust: HPC coated stainless 4 into 1 headers, twin 2 ½ inch pipes and Dynomax mufflers
Gearbox: C4, manual valve body, B&M Quicksilver shift kit, 3500 stall, 3 ½ inch driveshaft
Diff: Ford 9 inch with 4.1:1 gears
Suspension: King Springs coil front, King Springs leaf rear, Monroe GT gas shocks all round
Brakes: Standard with Bendix pads all round
Wheels/Tyres: Centreline Convo Pro’s, 15x5inch front and 15x10inch rears with 185/60/15 Kumho front tyres and 295/50/15 rear BF Goodrich T/A radials
Interior: Grey velour re-trim throughout, original seats, original steering wheel, Autometer tacho and extra gauges
Tunes: Standard
Who’s Responsible: Rob would like to thank Mal for the paint and panel and for the many hours spent getting it right, Tam for the brilliant promo posters and flyers for the Brisbane Street Machine and Hot Rod Show, Phil and Greg for the many nights helping get it all together and for their blood, sweat and many beers shared over many nights.
Old 24-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #71
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351

My XC was in the same state behind POWERS ,on its roof and they took their time picking the carcass like buzzards ,when i got the news (INSERT WHAT YOU WISH HERE !) i went back month after month after month , for what ??

Every time the shell was worse than the last , bullet holes broken bottles , l/f strut tower removed !!!

My pain was over when what appeared to be a bulldozer flattened it .... Now that story is behind me ...Till i saw this :
You left it there??? wtf?
Old 24-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #72
jaximus
Starter Motor

Thanks everyone for all the support.
its first time i have see it again in the gold coast bulletin since thursday night,makes me sick in the guts they are lowere than low.

Please if anyone sees any parts they consider suss give me a call any time on 0412 515 871 or email bundy1971r@hotmail.com or your local police.

Thanks
Rob.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #73
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
You left it there??? wtf?
What was i supposed to do with a stripped out rusty shell upside down with all panels caved in ? :
by the time the police found it only the leaf springs were left on it ..

And yeah it was my only car ........F&$^#N falcon door handles :
window was down 3"s you shove a dipstick into the ign apparently : : :
Old 24-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #74
TZENU
XY Driv3r

That is just depressing......
Old 24-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #75
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Why wouldn't they run them?

Oo\===/oO
Old 24-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #76
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam12h
Sorry for your loss Rob, I really enjoyed writing that feature story for issue 31 and can well appreciate the level of effort you and your mates Mal, Phil and Greg put in to make it the stunner that it was.

There are pics in these 2 galleries so people know what to look for
Page 1 Page 2
beautiful car, we have good photos of it at least.

Title is just a little ironic now though isnt it. Like someone took it literally.
Old 24-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #77
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

As terrible as that is, it's only a car. Much better to find your car like that than your wife.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 28-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #78
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I ever get a GT etc. Im going to plant some C4 right next the fuel tank for safety if it does get stolen, Id rather the car blown up then some a55wipe making a fortune out of it.
......anyway I think its time for the mob to come out and play
Old 28-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #79
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

They cut up a XA coupe. Hacking them up into 3 pieces would be a suitable punishment me thinks.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Old 28-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #80
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
They cut up a XA coupe. Hacking them up into 3 pieces would be a suitable punishment me thinks.
Without trying to sound mental or anything, I remember a webpage called "Daves Grotesque Page" a long time ago. If anyone remembers that one.
Yes we all have visted some of the pages in our life. But anyways.

And on a certain page, showed what you suggesting.. And I think it would be a very good scare tactic to say "this is what you get from stealing cars".

Or meet Bubba in the cell. Or even worse, off "Forest Gump" Bubba, goin' shrimpin', goin' get blue shrimp-red schrimp-cooked shrimp-raw shrimp (etc etc) Ahahahaha.

I once had a VK stolen, I too felt gutted, I had expected this torture. I got it back in one piece OMG!
My grandfather also had his P/V stolen years ago (HK or HD P/V back in the early 80's), they torched that, bastards!

But to a classic muscle car, bastards! Feel your pain!
Old 28-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #81
68XTFairmont

I wasn't a member back when this happened so I have only just seen it for the first time.

It has made me feel sick reading about it and seeing the picture of what these lowlife scum have done to a piece of classic aussie motoring.

I hope that these people have been found and dealt with or are close to being dealt with
Old 17-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #82
andre3000

Default Re: My Xa Coupe Found Stripped,cut Into 3 And Burnt

I just stumbled on this thread, and its the first iv heard of this story.

I dont mean to open up an old wound but where these bastards ever found? Or the other 2 cars that where stolen?
Old 17-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #83
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Why would they cut it into 3!?!?!?
Yep, transport, plain and simple. As for "it wouldn't fit on a ute or trailer", it didn't all have to go at once did it? I'm reminded of the punchline of an old joke in which a hunter claimed to have hiked out of the wilderness with an 800kg Moose. "How did you manage that?", and the answer was "I made 8 trips"...
Old 17-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #84
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
Without trying to sound mental or anything, I remember a webpage called "Daves Grotesque Page" a long time ago. If anyone remembers that one.
Yes we all have visted some of the pages in our life. But anyways.

And on a certain page, showed what you suggesting.. And I think it would be a very good scare tactic to say "this is what you get from stealing cars".

Or meet Bubba in the cell. Or even worse, off "Forest Gump" Bubba, goin' shrimpin', goin' get blue shrimp-red schrimp-cooked shrimp-raw shrimp (etc etc) Ahahahaha.

I once had a VK stolen, I too felt gutted, I had expected this torture. I got it back in one piece OMG!
My grandfather also had his P/V stolen years ago (HK or HD P/V back in the early 80's), they torched that, bastards!

But to a classic muscle car, bastards! Feel your pain!
An unfortunate theft but it is a good marker on the reality that those that steal learn and improve the tools they use and the ONLY way to retain your property is good solid prevention , alarms and cctv are a good start considering the new alarms sms and the cctv gear available contact your cell when motion is detected immediatly , I recently installed equipment in my daily and made it apparent the alarms were installed. That prevention moves all but the most skilled thief on. Next time I hope he makes the effort
Old 17-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #85
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember reading about car theft and alarms, and they said simply locking your doors deters maybe 80% of thieves (joyriders, kids out for mischief), having an alarm and clearly marked "alarm fitted" (don't advertise the brand, just say "alarm" and have a flashing LED to show it) deters probably another 15% of thieves, the guys who go out and actively look for a car to steal. They'll move on to something else without an alarm before risking yours.

The remaining 5% (probably a lot smaller percentage of car thieves actually) is what you have to worry about. They're professional, usually stealing to order, and are very well organised...to the level of tilt-tray trucks and so-on. They also aren't adverse to confronting an angry owner if disturbed and will resort to violence without thinking twice to get what they want. These guys you can't really do anything to stop if they truly want your particular car.
Old 17-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #86
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti

what sort of P rick does this kind of C rap, back when a persons transport was respected they used to hang horse theives, time to go take some lesons form our past I think
This does not sould like a random act. Somebody who knows you or your car wanted to inflict maximum pain. Otherwise why would they go to the trouble of cutting the car into pieces? Beat the crap out of them when you find who did it.
Old 17-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #87
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
This does not sould like a random act. Somebody who knows you or your car wanted to inflict maximum pain. Otherwise why would they go to the trouble of cutting the car into pieces? Beat the crap out of them when you find who did it.
You do realise this thread is from 2008???

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 17-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #88
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
You do realise this thread is from 2008???
Yes I do. And?
Old 17-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #89
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
The remaining 5% (probably a lot smaller percentage of car thieves actually) is what you have to worry about. They're professional, usually stealing to order, and are very well organised...to the level of tilt-tray trucks and so-on. They also aren't adverse to confronting an angry owner if disturbed and will resort to violence without thinking twice to get what they want. These guys you can't really do anything to stop if they truly want your particular car.

This is the sort I would like to meet one day. It's all good to become violent, and assume you are taking on a novice.
Closed Thread