Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #61
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default Re: Locals Beg Police to Stop Bridal Burnouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
i see a decent burnout in my street.. i rate it...

i see a pathetic open legger attempt.. i hate it...
Ahh you're just ****y you can't chuck sick single peggers.

I used to chuck marleys out the front of the old boys all the time until I ran over a small child.

Seriously. I used to do that all the time and no-one ever got hurt. The neighbour even said good effort one day.

Nation full of pussies I tell ya.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #62
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Media: hype up deadly baby killingproblem, present solution.

The solution is always harsher government regulation, by the way.
Old 14-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #63
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

This bring me back to one of the first weddings I remember going to which was a distant family member marrying into an Italian family. What a clash of cultures when there's a Gold HK Monaro with fat tubs, a bagged Pontiac Parisienne and a Vermillion Fire XY GT out the front and a bloke playing bagpipes in the full attire inside. Long story short the Monaro pulled quite the sizeable skid leaving.

I'm going to put it out there and say when I get married I'll probably budget for a set a hoops for a celebratory burnout. Call it bogan call it what you want.

How many of the wowsers on here used to have fire crackers on New Years Eve or Guy Fawkes day if your that old? I suspect some people on this forum are too worried about what should be said rather than what they think.
Old 14-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #64
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
This bring me back to one of the first weddings I remember going to which was a distant family member marrying into an Italian family. What a clash of cultures when there's a Gold HK Monaro with fat tubs, a bagged Pontiac Parisienne and a Vermillion Fire XY GT out the front and a bloke playing bagpipes in the full attire inside. Long story short the Monaro pulled quite the sizeable skid leaving.

I'm going to put it out there and say when I get married I'll probably budget for a set a hoops for a celebratory burnout. Call it bogan call it what you want.

How many of the wowsers on here used to have fire crackers on New Years Eve or Guy Fawkes day if your that old? I suspect some people on this forum are too worried about what should be said rather than what they think.
Nothing wrong with a place and the right time - I think the basis of the thread is when burnouts, donuts, noise etc continually happens unabated in one area.

Nothing wowserish about it.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I don't mind burnouts, but there are some people who just moved in behind us, they're into cars which I have no issue with.

What I do have an issue with is them doing burnouts in the street in the early hours of the morning, and playing loud music while working on their cars at 12AM, I wouldn't give a crap if it was during the day, but not during the day.

We've spoken to them a few times, they don't give a rats ***.

Plus they're crapping up the streets with burnout marks.

I don't know whats worse, their antics, or that they are a Holden family.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #66
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
i see a decent burnout in my street.. i rate it...

i see a pathetic open legger attempt.. i hate it...
Perfect LOL Moment. True signature material.

Im curious though to what people see as a "burnout"? If someone was in the front of my house foot on brake and gas, I imagine Id be pretty annoyed but as a 1 off I wouldn’t mind at all and would also probably rate it!

But people with a decent amount of HP don’t require a brake to let loose.
If someone was doing a line locker in front of me I’d probably go Hmmmm.... But if someone was cruising at 40kms p/h and put there foot down, if it broke traction at that point Id be firstly impressed more than anything else.

I can see how this goes both ways... Yes someone valve bouncing in front of your moms house at 3am can be dcikish, but someone taking off on the HWY and giving it a squirt does not bother me the slightest.

This being said, I have every intention of doing the above at my wedding which is less than 4 weeks away. I’ve built this car over the last 2 odd years for this day, I haven’t spent all this money on it to take off riding the clutch bunny hopping away. This is my day, not yours, not your mates, not your families, it is my day, and with understanding consequence in hand, I have every intention of leaving in a blaze of glory. You don’t like it, ensure to RSVP you’re not coming....
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #67
CarTooner:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It is amazing how so many see something as black and white and their opinion is the only correct one in any situation...
I acknowledge there are shades of grey in many matters of the world & road-safety/behaviour/opinion/legislation... but referring to this topic,
my personal view, my opinion, is that burnouts are an unacceptable risk (& annoyance) in residential streets such as those mentioned in this article.
CarTooner:-) is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #68
Venomous1
5.0 means business

More nanny news. I don't mind if a burnout is done correctly.
Old 14-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #69
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool

which is because we accept useless governments who don't think, and are reactive rather then be proactive.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #70
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never really understood what's the big deal with burnouts. Almost any ******* can do one not something reserved with cars with big power.

Standing burnouts in themselves aren't particularly dangerous however doing fishys and drifting is and all are usually done in places where not a lot has to go wrong to take out someone.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #71
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It is amazing how so many see something as black and white and their opinion is the only correct one in any situation.

How about this idea, people are responsible for their actions and if there is an event then they wear the consequences.
Agreed.

Quote:
The pushbike rider on the road is responsible enough to interact with other traffic and not cause accidents.
Tick
Quote:
The XY Falcon driver is responsible enough to know that he cannot slow down or corner as quickly as others and drives accordingly.
Tick
Quote:

The FPV GT driver is responsible enough to know when it is safe to do 50km/h in a 100 zone or 120km/h in a 110 zone.
Tick.

Quote:
And the burnout dropper knows when and where as takes precautions against accidents.
Do not agree -

1. The vehicle is generally operating outside of it's intended design capabilites and it's therefore easy to get out of control.

2. How would you police this? you get Craig Lowndes dropping a burnout up a cul-de-sac vs the ******* idiot P plater doing the same and he will be far more dangerous.

3. Total disregard for others who live in the area.

Quote:

And just so the wowsers don't immediately interpret "when and where" as outside a school at 3pm, up here we have a yearly event where some roads in sububia are closed to allow "enthusiastic" driving. The "hoons" tend to wander out to roads away from people to "play up".

Maybe if we all spent less time trying to control how others live their lives we may all be a bit better off......
Should we allow people with licenced guns to go shooting in the air around suburbs too?

Its not about controlling how others live their lives neither, it's about living in a safe, reaosnably controlled world for us all.

If you want to do a burnout, go to a place that caters for it, or go some place where it won't affect others. I live near bush and I hear the sound of faint burnouts every now and again but there's still the **** head who won't drive another 3 mins and does it in the suburban street.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron
Do not agree -

1. The vehicle is generally operating outside of it's intended design capabilites and it's therefore easy to get out of control.

2. How would you police this? you get Craig Lowndes dropping a burnout up a cul-de-sac vs the ******* idiot P plater doing the same and he will be far more dangerous.

3. Total disregard for others who live in the area.

Should we allow people with licenced guns to go shooting in the air around suburbs too?

Its not about controlling how others live their lives neither, it's about living in a safe, reaosnably controlled world for us all.

If you want to do a burnout, go to a place that caters for it, or go some place where it won't affect others. I live near bush and I hear the sound of faint burnouts every now and again but there's still the **** head who won't drive another 3 mins and does it in the suburban street.
Sudzy, is that you?
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #73
08ESE

its pretty simple, going to do a burnout??? go outa town away from residential areas to do it, i have always done so, mainly because "theres no one to dob you in!!"
08ESE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #74
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why would you do a burnout in a residential area. We all know that's what industrial areas were made for.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #75
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Sudzy, is that you?

I have no idea what this is about?

I'm simply giving my opinion on ********* doing burnouts in suburbia.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #76
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

The unit directly across the street from mine is rented to some young DH (they were supposed to be built for elderly people, whinge, whinge) who seems to own just about every different make and model of mediocre Japanese sports car ever made.
Every weekend (and quite a few weeknights) there would be burnouts, drunken idiots driving at ridiculous speeds in our 50km/h no through road, drifts into the street - they nearly took out our neighbours front garden, they rev the poo out of their cars first thing in the morning, etc.

The dude next to him is some mid-50's retard who likes to start his Harley Davidson up every five seconds to get over the tragic demise of his hair.
The knob likes to ride out at about 7-9pm and return at around 12-5am on more than one night a week (I should know, I've never heard anything half as loud as that bloody bike.

Life is full of tiny little complications, get over it... go outside, go for a nice long walk.
See sights you've never seen before, leave the car keys at home... exercise, you'll feel better about yourself and other peoples' faults won't matter as much to you.
Old 14-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #77
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
I would prefer someone doing a skid than an geriatric with a time-bomb ticker with cataracts and uncontrolled diabetes driving down my street with the kids on it. I think you will find the stats indicate your scenario is far safer and has occurred on far fewer occasions than the geriatric driver killing someone.
Spot on....

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #78
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
The reason why nothing will be done with video footage is because if the police get it wrong, they can be sued.
No it's not, not at all. The reason nothing will be done with the video footage is because the person who took it "wont want to get involved". Police can use the footage no worries, but the person who took it will need to stand up in court, sign an affadavit and testify to where and when it was taken. Everyone complains that police won't do anything, but they are the same people who won't stand up and be counted when it comes to front the judge.

I fully understand why people don't follow through, after all these are their neighbours and they have to live with these people. But don't complain when the police "do nothing".

Quote:
In Victoria the police only have 12 months to act upon a hoon offence after 12 months you can not be charged with the offence. The only way someone can be charged with a hoon offence if the police see it, or you admit to doing it.
The burden of proof for hoon offences is the same as every other offence. The police don't have to see anything, they can provide a brief of evidence from whatever source they like in an attempt to prove a charge.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #79
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
I fully understand why people don't follow through, after all these are their neighbours and they have to live with these people. But don't complain when the police "do nothing".
... and in other news, exactly my point has happened:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226221292205

Wedding hoon tip-off family targeted with box of fireworks

A FAMILY that filmed a hoon in a wedding day burnout has had a 6kg box of fireworks ignited outside their home in the northwestern suburb of Taylors Hill.

Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #80
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Yeah it's a burnout, it's noisy, it "appears" risky and "out of control",
but they're probly much more in control of those cars than some moron
driver thats just got his/her P's and feels a little confident in his parent's
SV6 (just an example)...

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 14-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #81
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
... and in other news, exactly my point has happened:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226221292205

Wedding hoon tip-off family targeted with box of fireworks

A FAMILY that filmed a hoon in a wedding day burnout has had a 6kg box of fireworks ignited outside their home in the northwestern suburb of Taylors Hill.

that'll learn em nosey buggers......
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #82
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

deletes..
Old 14-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #83
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

+1 to bogan wedding..sorry fellas I love my cars and skids like everyone here but at a wedding? Seriously, how is it a good idea or even remotely appropriate.

Low speed it might be, but there is alot of potential (well close enough, its kinetic aswell) energy ready to go flying when a simple component fails.

Its a little pinky wiggle for me.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #84
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
+1 to bogan wedding..sorry fellas I love my cars and skids like everyone here but at a wedding? Seriously, how is it a good idea or even remotely appropriate.

Low speed it might be, but there is alot of potential (well close enough, its kinetic aswell) energy ready to go flying when a simple component failure.

Its a little pinky wiggle for me.
dude.. i thought you were cool man.....
Old 14-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #85
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron
I do that every 4th Sunday.

I used to shoot at QANTAS aeroplanes while they were landing on the 1st Sunday of the month in Bundaberg.

Of course the gun I use has a range of about 75m and the paddock was about 5 times that in length but it was shooting in the air in the suburbs.

I used to shoot my .303 Bren machine gun, M60, Steyr, M16A2 and MP5 in Walker St in Maryborough about 300m from high density housing. Of course I always aimed AWAY from the houses.

You mentioned the cul-de-sac. You do realise that some suburban roads do not have houses within several hundred metres.

Just to make it clear.

I do not support doing burnouts next to other people's houses especially if they do not want to happen.

On the other hand if it is a dead end street, everyone who lives in the street does not object and kids etc. are being looked after by their parents at a safe distance then what is the problem?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #86
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I've done burnouts years ago so I'm not trying to preach to anyone, but things can and do go wrong sometimes and are illegal.
When were young we used to go to industrial estates to get away from the general public so as to try to control things a little better, I have seen a mate put a mint XT GT through a cyclone wire fence doing a bit of a skid, I was at the summernats years ago when a burnout when wrong and ended in the crowd.

The first thing I thought with this thread was the Troy Critchley, demo burnout that went wrong killing people

http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorspor...s_cid=rss_news

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #87
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I've done burnouts years ago so I'm not trying to preach to anyone, but things can and do go wrong sometimes and are illegal.
When were young we used to go to industrial estates to get away from the general public so as to try to control things a little better, I have seen a mate put a mint XT GT through a cyclone wire fence doing a bit of a skid, I was at the summernats years ago when a burnout when wrong and ended in the crowd.

The first thing I thought with this thread was the Troy Critchley, demo burnout that went wrong killing people

http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorspor...s_cid=rss_news
"Relatives of victims and people who were hurt claim in lawsuits that Critchley was driving recklessly."

really....

Old 14-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #88
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting that the police seem to be dragging the chain, not even turning up when called, which is very odd. Then when presented with video evidence, they still seem to be taking thier time, which again is odd, claiming that the "owner wasn't the driver", or some such rubbish, as if that's stopped them before. I rang the cops about a guy in an old Celica who did a smoking u-turn, lost it, and nearly ran over our son who had just ridden off to school, and the police dropped around an hour later, saying they had given the guy an official caution and if there were more complaints, the car would be siezed...this was before "hoon laws" where now they would just turn up and take the car.

I don't want to cast aspersions on anyone in uniform...but I smell someone who is friends with someone in a position to be able to shuffle it to the bottom of the pile...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #89
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Interesting that the police seem to be dragging the chain, not even turning up when called, which is very odd. Then when presented with video evidence, they still seem to be taking thier time, which again is odd, claiming that the "owner wasn't the driver", or some such rubbish, as if that's stopped them before. I rang the cops about a guy in an old Celica who did a smoking u-turn, lost it, and nearly ran over our son who had just ridden off to school, and the police dropped around an hour later, saying they had given the guy an official caution and if there were more complaints, the car would be siezed...this was before "hoon laws" where now they would just turn up and take the car.

I don't want to cast aspersions on anyone in uniform...but I smell someone who is friends with someone in a position to be able to shuffle it to the bottom of the pile...
Does seem that way, espicially that they've gone to extremes
of taking a 5y.o's moty bike of him whilst he was riding it around in
an empty park... That makes my blood boil....

Old 14-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #90
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool

As we speak, someone could be developing a portable monitoring system that switches itself on at the sound .wav of a burnout and captures / uploads images in real time. Surprised no one has done that YET

steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post