Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #61
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: I'm sick of spare parts game.

For the oldies of this forum.

The best parts people I ever dealt with was League Taxi Services Spares in Faraday St Carlton Melbourne, they just knew what you wanted.

Shame the business is closed these days.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #62
BOON250

I have been in parts for ten years ..cant believe I lasted that long...

When I Worked at Repco we had oil + filter combos. There used to be a particularly expensive air filter for a 2.7 Honda Legend that would when comboed up with the cheapest oil change in price from $120 odd to about $25 with the oil.

I spent 20 minutes trying to convince a bloke to buy it this way and leave the oil behind. "why the ******* would I buy something and leave it here" ?

Cool I'll take your $120.....

BOON250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #63
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Nine odd years for Ford in Parts - I can relate with 99% of the comments here.

From sales staff looking to be 'cool' in front of the people that just bought the car, to Techs in the workshop that just drove the car in to the workshop and can't remember if it was manual or auto and the Joe Bloggs retail person that clearly has no idea or desire to know..... I've seen them all.

I'm glad I got out.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #64
swanee
spoolin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
My taxi customers are my best customers. Bring me beer once a month for good service and even bought me a christmas present.
what city are you in? (if in Sydney... what area?)

Previous Rides - 2014 Black Mica PX XLT Ranger Dual Cab 3.2 Diesel

2011 FPV GS 315 Sedan. Sunburst, manual, fully optioned. Build #165.

My 1955 Ford Thunderbird Project (A tribute to my late mother) - 1955 Thunderbird Build Thread
swanee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #65
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanee View Post
what city are you in? (if in Sydney... what area?)
Not even a city. I live in Gladstone, we got like 3 or 4 Ford taxis here that buy off us. Regardless they are usually pretty good unless I make a mistake and mess 'em around.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #66
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
For the oldies of this forum.

The best parts people I ever dealt with was League Taxi Services Spares in Faraday St Carlton Melbourne, they just knew what you wanted.

Shame the business is closed these days.
If that's the place I'm thinking of if you asked for a wheel wheel nut for a model T, they'd have it in stock!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #67
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After working in the spare parts game for 9 years I can relate to a lot of the comments, I started out as a 15 year old kid behind the counter and I agree there are some great API's and some bad ones just like the customers some are good and others make you stand and stare and fear for our future if this "smart" person is it.
here are some really good stories I can share.

As a 15 year old had a guy come in wanting a oil filter for a Nissan (not the most friendly person either), I said to him which one? his repsone doesn't matter they are all the same, so I proceeded to pull one out for a TB42 GQ patrol and another for a n15 pulsar, put them on the counter and said which is it? his response oh its a 1999 mitsubishi lancer.

Another a customer comes in looking for "car rejevenation fluid" (his boss sent him) after working through the language barrier I get his boss on the phone, he wanted carpet cleaner....

another customer wanted oil,filter, and bonnet release cable for his BMW (as his is snapped and the bonnet can't open), I wasn't able to get a cable for him as the supplier didn't make it so the customers respones, "thats ok I'll take the filter and oil and just do the oil change and then get the cable later from a wrecker" my response is how are you going to put the oil in the engine? slight pause and the customer twigs " oh I guess I better get the bonnet released fixed first" me yes that would be a good Idea.

Customer's friend is a "mechanic" and said friend suggested 20/50 oil for his BA, after giving up trying to explain to him that it won't suit I sell the oil to him, 2 weeks goes by he comes back, my car is using oil, the engine is slow i took it to a mechanic and they said I used the wrong oil, me you remeber me telling you about the oil? customer: yeah? well then you should of listened to me, customer appologises and buys correct oil, even comes in later the thank me and say the car drives better, (he became a regular)

Another from a co worker, a regular "smart" customer comes in wanting a oil filter for his commodore, the co worker looks at him (this guy is a pain always returns parts and gets the information wrong) and says what year, the customers don't know but the cars blue, my co worker sorry we don't sell oil filters for blue commodores but we have some for white ones? customer: oh ok and walks out.

I've had all the colours of cars suggested and even the its a VL falcon, the partners sent in with half the information or having a phone handed to me saying you talk to them on phone or their 6 year old sent in as they cant be bothered getting out of their car in the car park...

The amount of times I've sent customers to mechanics because they ask me how to fit a part is scary.

As i said there are some great customers and the bad ones that just ruin your week.

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #68
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
If that's the place I'm thinking of if you asked for a wheel wheel nut for a model T, they'd have it in stock!
Most likely, the business was originally for Taxis maintenance but expanded to public, it was about the only one that was open 24/7 in the 60's,70's & 80's
prices were OK & the sales staff sure knew their parts off the top of their heads.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #69
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
* I am 27 and know my way around parts pretty well, especially if it's Falcon. I do 99% of parts enquiries at our store (100% of anything Ford) - yes I know what I am talking about, no don't call me son or champ or buddy - and no I don't care how you used to do it in 1983.
Whilst not in the parts game, I'm also 27 and get the same response from older customers. Three years of study and 12 years on the job, how could I possibly know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #70
TheAussieStig30

Today's adventures.

First cab off the rank. I need a starter motor for my Laser GL model. Ok, GL is trim level, but what year is it, see if we can catch it. 1990 I think. Ok, sorry mate, I need a VIN number or the old starter motor before I can order it for you. How much? Between $100 and $600. Gee, that's dear. Well, without the info I'm giving you highs and lows mate.

Customer comes in and dicks around the shop for 10 minutes then stands 5 meters from the counter, twiddling his thumb and stomping his feet. I'm doing other things for customers on computer and other guy is on the phone. Can I help you mate? No, probably not, I need a filter for my AU but there's not any catalogues there, you probably don't know what one it is. I walk over, take it off the shelf and wander back. How much? $18. Ok, Penrite HPR5, how much? I bring it over and scan it, it's a new product so it wasn't priced, I say $55 which was a REAL low ball figure, for us, anyway. He says no, I only want 5L not 20. Mate, HPR5 is full synthetic, you can't buy 20L for $60. They don't make it in a 20L drum. I only pay $43 for it. Oh, ok, where from? Supercocks. Oh. Well, better buy it there mate, I can't sell if for that, it's below cost. But they're $43. Check website, no, they're $54. And their filter is $28. Ok, I'll go and buy it there. Yeah mate, you belong there.

Old smelly hippie comes in for his 5th visit to buy a facet pump for his GQ. I diagnosed it for him, gave him a price and told him it was on the shelf, he comes in 2 days later, asks the price and how long until I can get it, wrote on a card price and in stock. Comes in again that week, asks same question, WITH THE ******* CARD IN HIS HAND, which I point to, and he asks again, I say the price and in stock again. Comes in today, asks price and if it's in stock. Yes. It's in stock. The price hasn't changed. Ok, I'll have it, I nearly fell over. Is it the same as mine? Yes, exactly the same. Ok. Pays me, comes back in 5 minutes later. Mine is silver and this is gold. Yeah, yours was probably originally gold, it's just worn off. Ok, so this is a different pressure is it? No, it's exactly the same, yours is faded. My car is carby you know? Yes. I know, I connected the fuel line to it, I know it's carby. Ok so it will do the job? Yes mate, go and fit it. If it doesn't fit can I bring it back? No. It fits.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #71
NeillNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has contributed a number of great technical articles for people with X Series cars. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAussieStig30 View Post
Today's adventures.
That story of the dirty hippy is just priceless. "Um how much and how long will it take to get it". "Um let me see....oh here is the information you need on the card, in your hand, that I gave you yesterday"

Were you looking around for the hidden camera?
Old 12-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #72
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know how you deal withthe general public, Big ups to you all for patience. I have waited for some time behind most of those customers as they argue, complain and walk away looking for an unobtainable widget for 90% off. I always have a laught with the spare parts guys when they get to me.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #73
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Today's adventures.

First cab off the rank. I need a starter motor for my Laser GL model. Ok, GL is trim level, but what year is it, see if we can catch it. 1990 I think. Ok, sorry mate, I need a VIN number or the old starter motor before I can order it for you. How much? Between $100 and $600. Gee, that's dear. Well, without the info I'm giving you highs and lows mate.

Customer comes in and dicks around the shop for 10 minutes then stands 5 meters from the counter, twiddling his thumb and stomping his feet. I'm doing other things for customers on computer and other guy is on the phone. Can I help you mate? No, probably not, I need a filter for my AU but there's not any catalogues there, you probably don't know what one it is. I walk over, take it off the shelf and wander back. How much? $18. Ok, Penrite HPR5, how much? I bring it over and scan it, it's a new product so it wasn't priced, I say $55 which was a REAL low ball figure, for us, anyway. He says no, I only want 5L not 20. Mate, HPR5 is full synthetic, you can't buy 20L for $60. They don't make it in a 20L drum. I only pay $43 for it. Oh, ok, where from? Supercocks. Oh. Well, better buy it there mate, I can't sell if for that, it's below cost. But they're $43. Check website, no, they're $54. And their filter is $28. Ok, I'll go and buy it there. Yeah mate, you belong there.

Old smelly hippie comes in for his 5th visit to buy a facet pump for his GQ. I diagnosed it for him, gave him a price and told him it was on the shelf, he comes in 2 days later, asks the price and how long until I can get it, wrote on a card price and in stock. Comes in again that week, asks same question, WITH THE ******* CARD IN HIS HAND, which I point to, and he asks again, I say the price and in stock again. Comes in today, asks price and if it's in stock. Yes. It's in stock. The price hasn't changed. Ok, I'll have it, I nearly fell over. Is it the same as mine? Yes, exactly the same. Ok. Pays me, comes back in 5 minutes later. Mine is silver and this is gold. Yeah, yours was probably originally gold, it's just worn off. Ok, so this is a different pressure is it? No, it's exactly the same, yours is faded. My car is carby you know? Yes. I know, I connected the fuel line to it, I know it's carby. Ok so it will do the job? Yes mate, go and fit it. If it doesn't fit can I bring it back? No. It fits.
If it was me each time the hippie came in and asked $20 would have been added to the price.
If or when he finally bought it I would have given him the first price anyway.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #74
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EB_SXR6 View Post
In the past I've sent my gf to get parts, usually when working on her car (read the entire comment before you demonise me for it). I always made a point of providing her with specific, detailed *written* instructions on which part I need i.e. make, model, year, vin, name of part & part number etc.
Often was disappointed by getting completely the wrong part.
I only did this when I was still working on the car and it needed to be fixed in a hurry so I didn't have time to make the trip to the parts store. I no longer do because of multiple disappointments and inconveniences caused by receiving the wrong parts.

** A good example is when I got a fuel pump instead of a fuel filter... I'm prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt but I don't see how they can get that one wrong when all the details are written on the piece of paper she gave them.
** Another is when I asked for the O ring that goes between the power steering pump and high pressure line on my old EB2... only for her to ring me saying they didn't know what I was talking about, they only sold the entire high pressure line. Went to my local (independent) auto store when they opened the next day and walked out within 3 minutes with the correct O ring - the parts manager offered it to me free of charge when I told him the story, even though it wasn't his store that stuffed up. I only shop there now, even if their prices tend to be a bit dearer, they have earned my loyalty.
Honestly, what kind of store employs somebody who doesn't know what an O ring is!?

I never gave the spare parts guys any grief for getting it wrong, I don't need to make myself feel important that way but I never returned to a store that stuffed me around.
Sorry for the essay, too much free time on my hands atm.
I've had that happen to me before too.

I work in the spares store room of a mutli dealership in Sydney, there are some great staff where I work, and there are some absolute shockers.
guys that have been in management positions of now closed dealerships that can't work out the basic computer system so they order a left hand hub instead of a RH one (difference 2 numbers). out of the 10 or so staff there, 3 of us are actually car nuts, the rest are there for the job/money. that's whats wrong with the industry.

or the young kid who works for me, puts the parts away in the wrong location because he's too lazy to get a ladder and needs to update his snapchat status.
he picks the wrong part for a panel beater or taxi mechanic (again first or last 2 numbers difference), a taxi (most of the being a falcon, got a Nissan x trail rear 1/4 panel )

taxi shops s4*% me up the wall, because they want the exact part picked straight away and delivered 2hrs ago, got an pick slip for a falcon, basically a complete car at 7:30am, half way through picking it, I had the sales rep ring me screaming why wasn't it on the road? drivers turn up at 8am

I'm only new to trade (1 1/2 years), but compared to the hospitality industry (16yrs experience as a chef) it's nothing
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #75
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOON250 View Post

When I Worked at Repco we had oil + filter combos. There used to be a particularly expensive air filter for a 2.7 Honda Legend that would when comboed up with the cheapest oil change in price from $120 odd to about $25 with the oil.

I spent 20 minutes trying to convince a bloke to buy it this way and leave the oil behind. "why the ******* would I buy something and leave it here" ?

Thats gotta be a late 80s/early 90s Legend, pretty damn expensive air filter, but the car was when it was new too.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #76
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

Quote:
Psi pop, why the hell would you go to a shop that ordered the wrong rotors 3 times in a row and you have to use their computers to find the correct parts?
I use them because they are still more reliable than the local Burson's and I get very handy trade discounts on items due to me being in there all the time.

Getting the wrong parts 3 times isn't actually that bad for my car, Its a Frankenstein of almost every falcon built in the last 20 years.
Old 14-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #77
ingles
Starter Motor

Oh good, I thought I was subject to some real winners-I feel much better knowing they seem to inhabit every corner of the world.It reaally cranks me some days, but after 27 years of it, what job can I move on to?Maybe just getting away from retail would be a good idea....
ingles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #78
Focusfan

Have just read through all the replies here and WOW i can say ditto.
I have just retired after 29 years selling parts and could type a massive
list here of the crazy and weird customers i have served over the years.
First panel shops. Great blokes, (mostly) Some are a pain but found that
the main reason behind the problem one was insurance companies.
Now something for all the new and near new car owners to think about.
FACT, insurance companies demand cheapest fix the shop can do. Bog it,
bash it, weld it and if not repairable use after market cheapies if available.
New genuine parts last on the list. Even brand new cars get bashed and
boged. If you doubt me have a serious look at the panel work done done
on your repair and i can 90% guarantee it has filler in it. Even AAMI who
have for years included new genuine parts in their policy for cars under
factory warranty are dropping this part of their policy to go cheap import
panels. Anyway that is something fopr all to think about.
On the funny side for those who are still doing the hard yards try this
when you get a customer who wont supply a VIN, tell them there are
a few options at different prices, when they they are all the same or
continue to ask for a price i always said yes no worries, about a $1,000
then they start to panic and look for a VIN. Works every time.
Focusfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #79
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingles View Post
Oh good, I thought I was subject to some real winners-I feel much better knowing they seem to inhabit every corner of the world.It reaally cranks me some days, but after 27 years of it, what job can I move on to?Maybe just getting away from retail would be a good idea....
Ive just switched from autopro to a wholesale business. All my customers are mechanics. Much better than dealing with idiots all day.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #80
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Takes all sorts, but I suppose the common denominator here is STUPID people. You find them everywhere, including behind parts counters, and wherever they are they annoy the crap out of me.
NB: My definition of “stupid” is not somebody that lacks formal qualifications, nor somebody who’s IQ falls below a certain level. Rather it is those who are just too mentally LAZY to make the effort to understand what they need to, and to communicate the NECESSARY details in something approaching English
For example, I approach the counter and ask “is this the widget you have on special? (It’s the only model on the shelf) “Don’t Know.”
“Well can you scan it and tell me the price?’’ It’s not the one, so “Do you have any of the widgets advertised on special?” “Don’t Know.”
“Can you look it up in the system?” “I need a code.”
“It’s in the catalogue.” “I can’t look it up without a code.”
“Can you ask someone.” Asks the guy with MORE acne (which is apparently a badge of seniority.) “We don’t have any widgets on special.”
“It’s in your catalogue.” “No, you must be looking at an old catalogue.” Take catalogue from display and show him the item. “Oh those, no we don’t have any.”
“Can I get a rain check?” “Sure” Stares blankly, so I explain what a rain check is. “Oh, but when we get some in it probably won’t be on special anymore.”
“Yes, that's why I'm asking for a rain check.” “No we don’t do those”
“But your catalogue says you do.” “OK,” and another blank stare.
So let’s try a different approach “When will you get some in? “I don’t know.”
“Can you check in your system?” “I need a code.”
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #81
TheAussieStig30

Computer says nooooo
Old 15-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #82
Itsme
Experienced Member

To be honest there are dopey people both sides of the counter.
Old 15-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Takes all sorts, but I suppose the common denominator here is STUPID people. You find them everywhere, including behind parts counters, and wherever they are they annoy the crap out of me.
NB: My definition of “stupid” is not somebody that lacks formal qualifications, nor somebody who’s IQ falls below a certain level. Rather it is those who are just too mentally LAZY to make the effort to understand what they need to, and to communicate the NECESSARY details in something approaching English
For example, I approach the counter and ask “is this the widget you have on special? (It’s the only model on the shelf) “Don’t Know.”
“Well can you scan it and tell me the price?’’ It’s not the one, so “Do you have any of the widgets advertised on special?” “Don’t Know.”
“Can you look it up in the system?” “I need a code.”
“It’s in the catalogue.” “I can’t look it up without a code.”
“Can you ask someone.” Asks the guy with MORE acne (which is apparently a badge of seniority.) “We don’t have any widgets on special.”
“It’s in your catalogue.” “No, you must be looking at an old catalogue.” Take catalogue from display and show him the item. “Oh those, no we don’t have any.”
“Can I get a rain check?” “Sure” Stares blankly, so I explain what a rain check is. “Oh, but when we get some in it probably won’t be on special anymore.”
“Yes, that's why I'm asking for a rain check.” “No we don’t do those”
“But your catalogue says you do.” “OK,” and another blank stare.
So let’s try a different approach “When will you get some in? “I don’t know.”
“Can you check in your system?” “I need a code.”
A good friend of mine works in IGA as a low level manager, and he got in **** because he went out of his way to help a bunch of customers after particular vegan/ethical products, he was with them all for about an hour finding them everything they needed as they couldn't find it themselves, he got thanked by the customers but got his *** kicked by management.

Plus I think you'll find 90% of the pimply faced 15 year olds behind the counter in retail don't really care about the job, they're just there for the $$$ to spend on weed or a first car and they couldn't give a rats *** about you.

What were you like when you where 15 lol?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #84
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
A good friend of mine works in IGA as a low level manager, and he got in **** because he went out of his way to help a bunch of customers after particular vegan/ethical products, he was with them all for about an hour finding them everything they needed as they couldn't find it themselves, he got thanked by the customers but got his *** kicked by management.

Plus I think you'll find 90% of the pimply faced 15 year olds behind the counter in retail don't really care about the job, they're just there for the $$$ to spend on weed or a first car and they couldn't give a rats *** about you.

What were you like when you where 15 lol?
vegans are stoopid people

animals are some of the tastiest things ever invented
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #85
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

if god didn't want us to eat animals then why did he make them out of meat?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #86
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a fuse issue with the AU (Yes I shorted it )
Went to New Oak Ford and they had some of the other parts I needed but no fuse. The gentleman behind the counter proceeded to ring around until he located one close by. Older guy knew his stuff, great service and I was back on the road in no time.
The parts techs I have met have always been professional.
Thanks guys!
Old 15-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #87
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
if god didn't want us to eat animals then why did he make them out of meat?
im vegetarian I eat my greens ................... they are just pre-processed

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #88
Bowser22

XF-XG/XH Door handles......
Been on both sides, sales for motorcycle parts and a customer for cars parts. Have a lot of sympathy for anyone who deals with the general public. Oh, how I cherished the near homicidal moments I have been through in the past. I tip my hat to you
Bowser22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #89
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Bowser22, the problem with XD-XH door handles isn't so much the handle as it is the door hinges causing the problem. The bushes wear and the door drops at the back making it harder to open the door. I used to tell people who were having problems with opening their doors to put their bum against the door when they were using the handle thereby taking the pressure off the lock.
TC,TD Cortinas had the same handle made of the same material but I only ever sold 2 of them, (They had a different part number though)the doors didn't had bolt on hinges so, no drop of door.

Here is a very funny one: I worked in a General Parts store in 1972 and we had a bloke with a Morris 1100 wanting to buy cans of paint to paint his car, he would come in every 2 weeks and buy 8 cans of paint (small aerosol), the boss offered to buy 40 cans in for this bloke so he could have the same batch, he declined and said he couldn't afford to buy them all at once??? The boss said he would keep them for him but he insisted he couldn't afford them. He finally got all his cans, 64 of them, and then we didn't see him for weeks after that then, one day, he came in to get something for his 1100, it had been painted in the colour he got and it looked bloody awful.
The car looked like it had been done in waves with different colours. There were 4 of us at the counter and we couldn't help it but started ****ing ourselves laughing when he came in, he turned around, walked out and we never saw him again.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #90
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOON250 View Post

Probably the same type who still buys a small or regular frozen coke from hungry Jacks when the large ones are goin for a dollar.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post