Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #61
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Ford Focus Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
Just because something is a known issue doesn't mean they can fix it. Its taken over a year for Mitsubishi to bring out a fix for the Triton auto gearbox issues. Until now we have been telling customers "sorry cant do anything". The Mirage starter motor problem was something that they recognised early with a fix. That means the dealer doesn't have to waste time diagnosing or trying to replicate the issue and is a guaranteed money earner.

Dealers hate having to waste time diagnosing as they lose potential money they can earn.

People still keep going on about Ford dealers being rubbish yet it happens everywhere. Fords being a bit more unreliable than the Japs probably makes things seem worse than they are.
Fair enough. So you work at a Mitsubishi dealership I take it?

If so, any issues with the MY14.5 Outlander Aspire diesel you can fore-warn me on please?

Still waiting for it to be delivered - the person that entered the colour into the system put a plain white one as 'starlight' so the colour I wanted is not available for at least another 2 weeks apparently...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #62
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Fair enough. So you work at a Mitsubishi dealership I take it?

If so, any issues with the MY14.5 Outlander Aspire diesel you can fore-warn me on please?

Still waiting for it to be delivered - the person that entered the colour into the system put a plain white one as 'starlight' so the colour I wanted is not available for at least another 2 weeks apparently...
Yes.

Nothing off the top of my head that I can think of. There was a rattle they get at the interior lights but I think its been sorted now.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I had an issue with a Ford dealership for warranty work, I ONLY went there instead of my usual one because the car was leaking fuel all over the top of the engine.

They just pressure washed the top of the engine and gave it back to me.

My parents had trouble with that dealership previously too, I thought I'd give them a crack, never again.

Mind you the dealership I bought the car from (Essendon Ford) had been fantastic with previous warranty work.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #64
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

hi FFF - we went to the Go Further 2020 presentation last week, and there was a big talk about some pilots they are running in dealerships right now focusing on back of house as well as front. Now I realise that talk is cheap, but there does seem to be finally a recognition that something needs to be done. I'd suggest that with your experience, it wouldn't be out of order to contact Bob Graziano and Graeme Whickman (VP sales) direct and explain your situation
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #65
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I had an issue with a Ford dealership for warranty work, I ONLY went there instead of my usual one because the car was leaking fuel all over the top of the engine.

They just pressure washed the top of the engine and gave it back to me.

My parents had trouble with that dealership previously too, I thought I'd give them a crack, never again.

Mind you the dealership I bought the car from (Essendon Ford) had been fantastic with previous warranty work.

How the hell do Ford continue to authorise these dealers? If I was running Ford and found out one of my dealers did this, the cranes would be coming in to rip the signs down the next day.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #66
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've only ever had pleasant experiences at Sinclair Ford.

Timing chain tensioners for my old BA GTP replaced under warranty even though it was well over 3 years old. There were circumstances that prevailed; I offered to pay for the tensioner parts when I took it in for the regular service but they put it to Ford and it was fully covered under warranty.

They picked up 2 faults with our 2009 SYII Territory after I took it in because the oil pressure light came on and gave 5 beeps after starting. Turned out to be a "lazy" oil pressure switch. The other was a slight weeping at the water pump seal.

Courtesy car no problem.

The Focus will be going in for a first service soon and the Service Manager has already said they'll check out the gearbox for us.

I don't believe we get the cheapest price for the cars we've purchased from Sinclair Ford but we find the after sales service to be second to none and really can't see us purchasing our Fords from anywhere else.
Old 22-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #67
Cranky243

Exclamation Re: Ford Focus Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Maybe i should post up my dealer experience to counter act this?

See you always hear about the bad stories but never anything good, because the people that have a good one never come on here and say, oh hai i had a good experience at such and such
Believe it or not this experience isn't about you....pull ya head in!
Cranky243 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #68
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky243 View Post
Believe it or not this experience isn't about you....pull ya head in!
LOL, living up to your username hey?
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #69
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As others have said, go to another dealer. I have experience with that woden dealer going back 7-8yrs when I lived there, bad experience.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #70
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
The mitsubishi company that hid recalls and known faults from everyone for 20 years? Good choice!
`
The Mitsubishi 380 that you owned didn't need any recalls did it?

It never had any that I know of.

Ford Australia have never built a car as reliable....and likely never will.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #71
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Yes.

Nothing off the top of my head that I can think of. There was a rattle they get at the interior lights but I think its been sorted now.
Just wanted to pick up on this now I know a Mitsu rep is on board here.

Do you see the same issues present with the Focus powershift as with the CVT in the MY15 Lancers? My wife has one (one of the first MY15 Lancers sold in QLD) and I for one hate the delay between foot on accelerator and go. Also the injectors are bloody loud on start up too especially when cold, I can hear them from a good 10 metres away.

Y_F, also don't get too complacent with the Mitsu dealers either, if you find a good one stick with it. Our closest dealer which is 5 minutes from my house greeted us much the same on first meeting, however from there it went downhill quickly, initially we wanted two cars and the finance %^$#@ said no we couldn't have two, we'll only finance one despite us being nearly $500 a month better off in payments with two instead of our Pajero, and then took TWO weeks to approve the finance after jumping through a million hoops to appease them.

The 1500km service was atrocious too, my wife rang them and said I will need a lift home (again 5 minutes out of their time) to be told sure, when she got there the answer was no you've missed the shuttle bus and we aren't running them again today, so she asked well can you drop me off in my car, no we don't have anyone available to do that. So she was stuck at the dealer for nearly 4 hours while they serviced the car, then once it was done the service manager could not locate the car in the yard to bring it to her, and then parked it in a dodgy spot they know scrapes on the underside when you leave it (which it did).

So it's fine to sing the praises of one dealer (regardless of make) if they do right, it's also fine to bag those who consistently screw up as well.
Old 22-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #72
MattSAU2XR8

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested since I'm too lazy to read the whole thread.

What you need in effect is a 'Holter monitor' for your car to capture the SSS events. BTW this is like an ECG machine that people with occasionally cardiac arrhythmias carry around with them for a few days to capture the event.

Any chance you could get a 'dash cam' or 'tank cam'(motorbike) that records audio and video on a loop and set it up on the passenger seat so that it can see the instruments, steering column, and a little out of the windscreen or driver side window and leave it running every time you drive the car? Ideally with a time stamp, or just wave a newspaper in front of it each morning... Possibly attach it to the passenger seat with some duct tape?

Then when you car conks out on the freeway you'll have video evidence to send to Ford and A Current Affair.

Then you can ask them to (a) fix the car so this never happens again, (b) pay for the camera which you only had to buy because they didn't believe you in the first place, or (c) give you a reasonable refund less milage accumulated.
MattSAU2XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #73
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
...CVT in the MY15 Lancers? My wife has one (one of the first MY15 Lancers sold in QLD) and I for one hate the delay between foot on accelerator and go. Also the injectors are bloody loud on start up too especially when cold, I can hear them from a good 10 metres away.
... the Mitsu dealers either,.... my wife rang them and said I will need a lift home (again 5 minutes out of their time) to be told sure, when she got there the answer was no you've missed the shuttle bus and we aren't running them again today, so she asked well can you drop me off in my car, no we don't have anyone available to do that. So she was stuck at the dealer for nearly 4 hours while they serviced the car...
CVT are not as good as a proper automatic transmission. They are very cheap to produce and offer good fuel economy.

Noisy injectors at 10 meters? Got one here right now; quite as a church mouse. Though the CVT is playing up.

How much is a 5 minute taxi ride in your area?
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #74
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

this is from a US web site, but
Quote:

Date Reported
MARCH 11 2014
NHTSA Reference
TSB Reference
#TSB-14-0047
Description: FORD: WHEN TAKING OFF FROM A STOP, USING LIGHT ACCELERATION, THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WOULD EXHIBIT AN INTERMITTENT TRANSMISSION SHUDDER AND MAY OR MAY NOT BE LEAKING TRANSMISSION FLUID FROM CLUTCH HOUSING. MODEL 2011-2014 FIESTA, FOCUS

Repair Information for NHTSA #10055320
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #75
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
`
The Mitsubishi 380 that you owned didn't need any recalls did it?

It never had any that I know of.
The headlight switch. On right now.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #76
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes.

i saw a newish but weird looking mitsubishi medium size suv like rav 4 type thing(maybe im wrong there) , sorta had weird shaped front gaurds like a mazda, could not have been more than i year old i would have thought, smoking its head off..... blue oil burning smoke, thinking what the hell is going on there ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #77
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mitsubishi ASX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #78
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Do you see the same issues present with the Focus powershift as with the CVT in the MY15 Lancers? My wife has one (one of the first MY15 Lancers sold in QLD) and I for one hate the delay between foot on accelerator and go. Also the injectors are bloody loud on start up too especially when cold, I can hear them from a good 10 metres away.
I haven't noticed it on the CVT but I'm used to them. The engines aren't the quietest but not too bad.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #79
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have more respect for the original poster if they had made an effect to post on here as a "Ford Fan" & use a proper user name. All this person has done is create a 'hate' user name & then posted nothing but hate...
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #80
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guy on another forums I frequent had the gearbox in his CX5 grenade at 43k kms. Just got it back and the engine overheated and dumped all its coolant.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #81
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

must be p***** to join a forum make up a username that bags the car you just bought and do nothing but bag the car you just bought and only hang around in the thread you started bagging the car you just bought

ill get the popcorn

theres been plenty of advice on here since the OP
how have you gone taking this advice so far?
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #82
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep View Post
CVT are not as good as a proper automatic transmission. They are very cheap to produce and offer good fuel economy.

Noisy injectors at 10 meters? Got one here right now; quite as a church mouse. Though the CVT is playing up.

How much is a 5 minute taxi ride in your area?
Missed this

No they aren't as good as a conventional auto trans but yes it is good on fuel. It's strange to boot a car from 40km/h to 100km/h and the revs barely change.

I wouldn't call the engine and its inner workings quiet, NVH leaves a bit to be desired and the road and wind noise at 100km/h is poor at best.

5 minute tax ride for me would be about $20 bucks however taxis are few and far between out where I am. However that's not the point, the issue was that she was assured of a ride back home and was denied, then when she offered them to drive the car to take her home they denied it again.
Old 23-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #83
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
must be p***** to join a forum make up a username that bags the car you just bought and do nothing but bag the car you just bought and only hang around in the thread you started bagging the car you just bought

ill get the popcorn

theres been plenty of advice on here since the OP
how have you gone taking this advice so far?
He's obviously bitter and now wants to spread the message.

All cars can have faults, that's a fact of life. So far I've been happy with my XR50 and Metro Ford who service it. They sorted anything I've complained about and if they couldn't find an issue, I'd road test it with them.

Some older Outlander are being recalled right now for some faulty belt.

My WRX & Liberty RS were far from perfect. The Liberty suffered from lifter noise and Subaru refused to fix it even though it was a common fault. Car was out of warranty when the issue appeared. I still bought more Subaru's after that but now I think they're over priced and too expensive to service. I also owned a bunch of Hyundai, all had faults as well and most were fixed by the dealer.

The OP just needs to make a decision. Sell the car or take it up with Ford. As one Ford dealer is buring a customer, so is the Honda, Ford, Holden, Mitsubishi etc dealer at the same time. Good and bad experiences are found within every car dealer.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #84
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
Mitsubishi has a long history of producing vehicles which begin blowing clouds of blue smoke after a few years. Look at the Magnas for instance... I have even seen the last of the 380's blowing smoke. Great when they're new but quickly become disposable rubbish. I have to laugh at those who think that Mitsubishi is some sort of symbol of quality.
You're absolutely correct mate, we should all be driving an AU like you, legendary symbol of reliability from day #1.

Old 23-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #85
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mitsubishi has a long history of producing vehicles which begin blowing clouds of blue smoke after a few years. Look at the Magnas for instance... I have even seen the last of the 380's blowing smoke. Great when they're new but quickly become disposable rubbish. I have to laugh at those who think that Mitsubishi is some sort of symbol of quality.
The Magna/380 V6s will blow smoke after lots of kays depending on how well the services are kept up. This is generally cured by a relatively cheap stem seal replacement. They are an exceptionally reliable and refined vehicle when compared to the Falcon or Commode of the same era.
When I changed jobs recently I went from a FG ute (my 3rd in 5 years) to an 11yo TJ Magna wagon run about. The Magna had 3x the kays of any of my falcons and craps all over it for feel-no clunks, bumps or groans which are all standard in the falcon from brand new.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #86
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
You're absolutely correct mate, we should all be driving an AU like you, legendary symbol of reliability from day #1.

Well you could certainly do worse than an AU in the reliability stakes, still got mine and other general maintenance issues it's never left me on the side of the road.
I would buy another one.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #87
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Well I can guarantee you the AU will still be running long after your "quality" Mitsubishis are stacked 3 high at the wreckers.
I see plenty of AU's at the wreckers with no panel damage.

You won't see any of mine till way past 2018, they have a ten year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
The Magna/380 V6s will blow smoke after lots of .
6G75's haven;t been around long enough to blow smoke mate.

Last edited by zilo; 24-12-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 24-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #88
Cranky243

Lol at the squashed pasty....I mean AU....isn't that the car that nearly killed Ford which was then saved by the superior B series?

Ahhhhh yep.....
Cranky243 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #89
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky243 View Post
Lol at the squashed pasty....I mean AU....isn't that the car that nearly killed Ford which was then saved by the superior B series?

Ahhhhh yep.....
That's because they look like a hat full of assholes.

Other than that they're pretty reliable, but lots of electrical problems relating to windows.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #90
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Well you could certainly do worse than an AU in the reliability stakes, still got mine and other general maintenance issues it's never left me on the side of the road.
I would buy another one.
I did & i'm certainly happy with the way it looks! Mine has never left me on the side of the road either plus its fuel consumption for a oldie is still excellent.

Bot, sorry to hear the op is going through all these hassles with his Focus. Hope it gets resolved to his satisfaction asap somehow.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 24-12-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: