Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #61
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Non-payment of rego; getting out of the fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
But it wouldn't happen to you, because you'd check the app? (just say'n)
I wouldn't drive an unregisterred car, having the app available ;)

But saying that, i wouldn't put up with being stranded by a company who is meant to be supplying a registerred vehicle ;)
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 12:56 AM   #62
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I wouldn't drive an unregisterred car, having the app available ;)

But saying that, i wouldn't put up with being stranded by a company who is meant to be supplying a registerred vehicle ;)
Got ya. So you wouldn't drive an unregistered vehicle because you have the app available, but you'd give the "fleet company" a second chance if they gave you an unregistered vehicle (that you obviously didn't check on the app)?

Just say'n???
Old 06-04-2016, 01:43 AM   #63
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
PI had words with one guy when he said to prepay after i told him i'm filling it. I pointed out its not a delorian so i dont know how much its going to be.
But you'd have an educated guess. $5 under isnt a big deal. If your not a "$10 filler" your not a "Run till it dies" either.

Just doing my job mate, if you want to have words, feel free. But to upper management. You have to do what your boss tells you, so do we. Just because we interact with customers doesn't mean the bosses rules go out the window. "The customer is not always right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Whilst I feel for your inconvenience, since when did the RMS/Police outsource their job to console operators.

I'd also be concerned what other information they have access too.
They havent. But when a car comes up "unregistered," that means 33% stolen car, 33% stolen plates, 33% risk taker/I forgot. 1% chance of paying.

Just plate, Make, Model, expiry date, rego status, and purpose (Private or Commercial) No other info than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
It's a stupid bloody topic though.

Blokes that cop out and say "oh I didn't know it was due" - seriously, hand in your licence and sell your car. If you can't remember ONE day when you have to pay a bill that most of us get EVERY year for something you use very regularly and is quite often the second most expensive thing you own, then you're stuffed.
Not really.

I know when my car is due, 15th May, or 15th of November. Depending on whether I pay 6 or 12 months. But Ive owned the car 10 years, If I havent learned in that time, I'm hopless.

On my Motorbike. Aint got a clue. I think its August or September. I only got one rego sticker in that time before they got axed, so I have no idea on the date. Yes I can look it up on the QLD rego app, but ill do that when I get closer.

Yes you get a renewal notice, but I have twice not received a notice for my car. With a week to go, I call up the department of transport and find out if its been sent out.

Both times yes, but this little company called "Australia Post" stuffed up, and twice I needed to go into my local department of transport, and fill out a form and wait for circa an hour once, and 20 mins the other time for something I can do in 5 mins on-line.

Should I hand back my licence and sell my bike?
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2016, 01:53 AM   #64
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

That's it - I'm starting a company called "regoisdue.com.au"

Everyone can send me $10 and their rego number. I'll take the 20 seconds at $10 / 20 seconds it takes to check the rego and I'll send you a sticker saying your rego is due on XX/XX/XX

How hard is it folks???
Old 06-04-2016, 03:00 AM   #65
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
But you'd have an educated guess. $5 under isnt a big deal. If your not a "$10 filler" your not a "Run till it dies" either.

Just doing my job mate, if you want to have words, feel free. But to upper management. You have to do what your boss tells you, so do we. Just because we interact with customers doesn't mean the bosses rules go out the window. "The customer is not always right"
Yes, but its between $35-$70 depending where its at (sometimes its 1/4, sometimes its above 1/2)

I probably should have elaborated. This happened at a servo i have used multiple times (always at the same time/day) and suddenly the rules are implemented with one guy, but not the 3 before, or the 2 after.

I'm all for rules, i'm not for people thinking they can make their own!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:02 AM   #66
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Got ya. So you wouldn't drive an unregistered vehicle because you have the app available, but you'd give the "fleet company" a second chance if they gave you an unregistered vehicle (that you obviously didn't check on the app)?

Just say'n???
Are you retarded? The scenario would be, check app, find vehicle unrego'd, not drive it.

Next time 'not rego'd' happens, it'd be bye bye!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:15 AM   #67
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Quote:
Are you retarded? The scenario would be, check app, find vehicle unrego'd, not drive it.

Next time 'not rego'd' happens, it'd be bye bye!
Sorry, my fault, I should have been clearer in my response...

Post 59 in this thread - your words, not mine?

Quote:
Ignorance is no excuse.

If the fleet company isn't upholding their end of the contract, surely thats an out and you can find a better company? Especially if it happened 4 years in a row! They'd get one chance with me, 2nd time it happens would be bye bye!
Which is it?
Old 06-04-2016, 03:29 AM   #68
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry, my fault, I should have been clearer in my response...

Post 59 in this thread - your words, not mine?

Which is it?
Once again, are you retarded? They'd get one chance of letting the rego lapse (nothing to do with me driving it) before i find another company.

Ignorance is no excuse for driving an unrego'd car when you have an app available (but we both know you already knew this is what my post meant, but i'm glad i spelt it out for you so everyone else understands you're a troll)
Old 06-04-2016, 03:49 AM   #69
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Quote:
Once again, are you retarded? They'd get one chance of letting the rego lapse (nothing to do with me driving it) before i find another company.

Ignorance is no excuse for driving an unrego'd car when you have an app available (but we both know you already knew this is what my post meant, but i'm glad i spelt it out for you so everyone else understands you're a troll)
Sorry Stealthy, my bad! As a retarded troll (in your words), I have no recourse. You are right, my apologies for daring to question someone who checks an app every time they get into a vehicle to make sure it's registered (regardless of who owns it or is responsible for registering it). I'd hate to think what you did before smart phones with internet access were around!

Maybe a simple sticker?

Just say'n
Old 06-04-2016, 04:09 AM   #70
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry Stealthy, my bad! As a retarded troll (in your words), I have no recourse. You are right, my apologies for daring to question someone who checks an app every time they get into a vehicle to make sure it's registered (regardless of who owns it or is responsible for registering it). I'd hate to think what you did before smart phones with internet access were around!

Maybe a simple sticker?

Just say'n
There is no need to check every day. In the instance of a fleet car you check when its after the expiry (it tells you the expiry when you search it) and make sure its been renewed. If it hasn't, you dont drive it.

If you're test driving cars, or driving mates cars, you'd check as you do it (but i doubt this would be a regular occurance). This is where the ignorance is no excuse comment comes into it. If you cant spend 30 seconds confirming the car is rego'd, then you deserve the fine.

The most recent times i've driven cars other than my own, i have checked to confirm (one mates car, one dads ute which isn't driven often, and my two new car purchases, i checked each car i drove (2 for my newest car, and just the one car i bought 2 years ago)). When its your license on the line, surely you would take simple steps to protect it!

Times have changed grandpa, its time to move on from stickers ;)

Since we're just going round in circles now, i'll be adding you to my ignore list, as you're not worth a ban
Old 06-04-2016, 04:21 AM   #71
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Quote:
There is no need to check every day. In the instance of a fleet car you check when its after the expiry (it tells you the expiry when you search it) and make sure its been renewed. If it hasn't, you dont drive it.

If you're test driving cars, or driving mates cars, you'd check as you do it (but i doubt this would be a regular occurance). This is where the ignorance is no excuse comment comes into it. If you cant spend 30 seconds confirming the car is rego'd, then you deserve the fine.

The most recent times i've driven cars other than my own, i have checked to confirm (one mates car, one dads ute which isn't driven often, and my two new car purchases, i checked each car i drove (2 for my newest car, and just the one car i bought 2 years ago)). When its your license on the line, surely you would take simple steps to protect it!

Times have changed grandpa, its time to move on from stickers ;)

Since we're just going round in circles now, i'll be adding you to my ignore list, as you're not worth a ban
Thank you for your response and I feel privileged to make your ignore list (that's a first for me - even as a grandpa, although I'm not). All I want to do now is wish you well, as my opinion / comments are no longer wanted in your world. I do like your new GT, and I do like your F6X, but I guess I'll never know how it turns out. Happy days
Old 06-04-2016, 04:45 AM   #72
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

^^ can't delete the double post - sorry, I must be a retarded
Old 06-04-2016, 07:33 AM   #73
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

Most people driving Fleet Cars dont own the Company. Hard to change that. If they dont renew it when asked, speak to a Cop and see if you can have it towed. A Car is supplied so you can work. No Car means no work. If enough Cars are out, the lease company will get a rocket or be changed. Most places would re-reimburse an employee caught, if they dont leave and take legal action against them. There are other things, but I wont go there.
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 07:52 AM   #74
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally a common sense answer.

We had over 100 cars on our fleet at one stage, but the last-minute FBT stunt that Rudd pulled before the Labor doomsday election sent shivers up the accountants spines, so (despite Hockey reversing it) people who had company cars but weren't in a "car required for the role" job were encouraged to do a deal for a car allowance instead. They also "encouraged" this to happen by restricting the vehicle choices to bland & super-bland. Hence why I no longer have a fleet car, as a decent vehicle was not on the list.

I did a quick ask around at lunch yesterday - 8 people out of the group of us sitting there still have fleet cars. Most of them have been life-long sales guys spending 50-75% of their time on the road, and have never not had a company car.
None of them worked for us when that guy got caught out on a Friday arvo in Dubbo unreg'd, and had to get a train back to Sydney. They were horrified about what could happen. None of them knew about the rego app, but one guy had a vague recollection of his son checking a car online when he went to buy one privately.
All of them have now downloaded the app, and checked their cars (most needed to get the fuel card out to remember their plate number).

So it is utter arrogance to assume that every single driver knows about the app, and even more pig-headed to tell them to stick it because they are ignorant of it.

Has there ever been a TV ad suggesting you check your rego on the app?
Not in NSW there hasn't. I think there may have been a flyer in the envelope the rego papers come in, but you don't get that if you have a fleet car.

BTW - that guy that had the unreg issue in Dubbo - he put in a letter of demand to the fleet company for the cost of the fine, the court costs he was billed, and the train fares (he stopped short of claiming lost salary for the court day, and inconvenience compensation).
At first they didn't come to the party, but management wrote a stern email on his behalf to the BDM at the fleet co & suggested they'd change fleet companies unless they did, and they finally paid up. It's still on his driving record, but at least the fine, fares, and court costs were reimbursed.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #75
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Everyone can send me $10 and their rego number. I'll take the 20 seconds at $10 / 20 seconds it takes to check the rego and I'll send you a sticker saying your rego is due on XX/XX/XX

How hard is it folks???
There is a bloke out in regional NSW - Bathurst or Dubbo?? He makes up a pseudo rego sticker for you and sends them out for the cost of postage and perhaps a few bob more.

Been on the radio several times.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-04-2016, 09:16 AM   #76
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

There is yet another way. Like insurance you can cancel and renew on your Wife's birthday. Both on the same day will reduce your chances of forgetting. If you set up the insurance for the same day, they normally SMS you just before it runs out. ( even if letters go missing they still want your money and will chase you ! )
Old 06-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #77
olfella
Cranky old bastard

There is no phone app in the ACT. Another vote for bring the label back.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #78
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
There is a bloke out in regional NSW - Bathurst or Dubbo?? He makes up a pseudo rego sticker for you and sends them out for the cost of postage and perhaps a few bob more.

Been on the radio several times.
I wonder if he can send a pseudo disability permit to go with it for those who require a sticker to tell them when things are due?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #79
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFGasUte View Post
Hello,

There is yet another way. Like insurance you can cancel and renew on your Wife's birthday. Both on the same day will reduce your chances of forgetting. If you set up the insurance for the same day, they normally SMS you just before it runs out. ( even if letters go missing they still want your money and will chase you ! )
Perfect excuse to not buy her a gift too "Sorry honey, couldn't afford a gift rego was due"
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #80
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Yes, but its between $35-$70 depending where its at (sometimes its 1/4, sometimes its above 1/2)

I probably should have elaborated. This happened at a servo i have used multiple times (always at the same time/day) and suddenly the rules are implemented with one guy, but not the 3 before, or the 2 after.

I'm all for rules, i'm not for people thinking they can make their own!
Well there is also the discression of the console operator.

At various servos I've worked at, the topic of prepay has come up. Most notably when drive off's are on the up. Each Servo has differing rules re prepay. Some do it at certain pumps that have limited visibility to the operator and/or cameras, some do it at all pumps past a certain time, others don't do it at all, and/or "it's at your discression".

The bloke may have also been a ring in to cover a shift and it is standard proceedure past a certain time (or pump location) to do so, but doesn't understand the nuances of that site. Or he's new, and covering his bases. Lots of variables.

After ten years I can see a drive off coming a mile away. I have a sixth sense about it now, but the current servo I work for cannot implement a prepay system. So I just check the rego and if that's clear, I get all the details, and hope for the best. Sometimes I'm wrong and they do come in and pay, but, I'm right 99% of the time. A cleanskin has no idea what to look for in these instances, so was probably told "if your doubt them, make them pay first".
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #81
BFGasUte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Perfect excuse to not buy her a gift too "Sorry honey, couldn't afford a gift rego was due"
Hello,

Make sure your Dog house is comfortable. And you want a break from Bedroom " activities " for a while. Funny thing is they normally cave first after a " strike " Still, I find I win more points if I cook a nice meal, or go out for a nice Picnic I have prepared for her. After all, she has Me ! what more could she want in life ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm I have added a link for those who wish to take these comments literally.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:27 AM   #82
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

If you keep personal abuse out of posts you'll avoid having a holiday.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #83
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
I wonder if he can send a pseudo disability permit to go with it for those who require a sticker to tell them when things are due?
It must be so great being you....

The mob I was referring to are based in Orange and seems a lot of their money goes to the disabled....

http://www.regoit.com.au/

Must be lots of disabled drivers out there I guess.......

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...23bce47fd1b8f9

Quote:
Drivers fined millions since new no vehicle registration sticker system introduced in NSW

UNKNOWING drivers have handed over close to $70 million to the State Government in the past two years, with more than 110,000 caught unregistered since the removal of car rego stickers.

The move to abolish stickers was sold to drivers as ‘making life easier’ — but with some drivers claiming they never received renewal reminders in the post, the annual errand has gone unnoticed, resulting in costly fines of more than $1200.

According to figures obtained from the State Debt Recovery Office, 52,871 penalty notices had already been issued in the first 10 months of this year, raising more than $32.4 million in revenue.

That is almost double the $17.4 million raised in the 12 months of 2010, when only 34,085 fines were issued.

In 2013, the first year of NSW having no visible registration stickers, some 58,968 drivers were fined, with a face value of $35.49 million.

Bangor father-of-three Rhett McGillicuddy has contributed more than $1800 himself, forgetting to register a vehicle twice since 2013 because of the lack of written reminders.

“We were 200m from my house and there was a stationary cop who followed me up the street and pulled me over and said ‘are you aware your car is unregistered’,” he said.

“I had absolutely no idea.
Rhett McGillicuddy with his children (from left) Brydie, 6, Evelyn 23 months, and Logan, 4, was upset when he was fined $1200 for driving unregistered. Picture: John Appleyard

“I had all three kids across the back, there was no malice in it — I hadn’t received any paperwork about it at all.

“It was a $600 fine — I was two days over.”

Again, he failed to receive any reminder this year and was recently caught five weeks out of registration.

“I was driving around that whole time and hadn’t been caught — the officer said the reminder — which I didn’t get — wasn’t mandatory, it was purely a courtesy letter,” Mr McGillicuddy said.

“He said ‘I remember when all my cars are due’.

“But if we don’t have the stickers anymore to remind us, we need to make sure we are getting that paperwork.

“Life is busy enough to remember this on top of everything else.

“I’ve been driving for 13 years and never forgot when I had the stickers. It’s ridiculous.” Northern beaches mother of two, Bianca Tobia, was also fined last week for being three days out of rego, and said stickers acted as everyday reminders for busy drivers, and should be brought back.

“I was pulled over after having my plate scanned in Lane Cove, and he said was I aware my car was unregistered — I was not,” she said.

“I purchased the car in January and I knew I hadn’t paid a rego for the car as of yet, so I had a feeling it would be coming up — but I hadn’t received any paperwork in the mail, so I didn’t think about it.

“Having the sticker would have been an absolute saviour and reminder that I needed to pay rego soon, but in all honesty it was ‘out of sight, out of mind’.

“I was so disappointed, angry, and annoyed.

“How could I have forgotten? I realised the car sticker was what saved me every year!”

NSW Police Inspector Phil Brooks said drivers caught unregistered were fined $623 for using an unregistered vehicle, and another $623 for using an uninsured vehicle, tipping the fine to $1246 — more than four times the average green slip cost.

Insp Brooks said Mobile Automatic Numberplate systems on Highway Patrol vehicles ‘continued to detect unregistered and uninsured vehicles’.

A spokesman for the Roads and Maritime Service said motorists received information in the mail six weeks before registration was due, including pensioners who do not have to pay renewal costs.

“A reminder letter is sent if the registration payment or notification of a green slip is not received by the due date,” the spokesman said. “A third letter is sent two weeks after the due date to ensure motorists are aware they are not registered and may face fines if they continue to drive.

“Roads and Maritime offers a free registration renewal service whereby customers receive an email or a text message in the days leading to the expiry date to ensure payments can be made on time.

“Feedback on this service has been very positive.”

Customers can also download an iPhone app to renew registrations.

“Since December 2012 when the app became available, it has had strong take-up and use with 173,351 registration renewals and 2,848,391 free rego checks completed via the iPhone app,” the spokesman said.

NRMA spokesman Peter Khoury said the organisation liked the new sticker-less system, and encouraged motorists to take more personal responsibility as an unregistered car meant an uninsured car.

“Also in the last 12 months to two years the police are using rego recognition systems in their cars, and our view is the new system is better, with less red tape,” he said.

“We also have to take more personal responsibility — your rego is due at the same time every year, so put it in your calendar.

“Yes people are used to the sticker — and you can still get them from the NRMA if you want one.”
$70million worth of disabled people... yep no worries.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #84
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:

How hard is it folks???
Even better get their credit card information or pre pay then you could pay it for them You could charge a bit more than $10 though to save fines and hassle
Old 06-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #85
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt
Finally a common sense answer.

We had over 100 cars on our fleet at one stage, but the last-minute FBT stunt that Rudd pulled before the Labor doomsday election sent shivers up the accountants spines, so (despite Hockey reversing it) people who had company cars but weren't in a "car required for the role" job were encouraged to do a deal for a car allowance instead. They also "encouraged" this to happen by restricting the vehicle choices to bland & super-bland. Hence why I no longer have a fleet car, as a decent vehicle was not on the list.

I did a quick ask around at lunch yesterday - 8 people out of the group of us sitting there still have fleet cars. Most of them have been life-long sales guys spending 50-75% of their time on the road, and have never not had a company car.
None of them worked for us when that guy got caught out on a Friday arvo in Dubbo unreg'd, and had to get a train back to Sydney. They were horrified about what could happen. None of them knew about the rego app, but one guy had a vague recollection of his son checking a car online when he went to buy one privately.
All of them have now downloaded the app, and checked their cars (most needed to get the fuel card out to remember their plate number).

So it is utter arrogance to assume that every single driver knows about the app, and even more pig-headed to tell them to stick it because they are ignorant of it.

Has there ever been a TV ad suggesting you check your rego on the app?
Not in NSW there hasn't. I think there may have been a flyer in the envelope the rego papers come in, but you don't get that if you have a fleet car.

BTW - that guy that had the unreg issue in Dubbo - he put in a letter of demand to the fleet company for the cost of the fine, the court costs he was billed, and the train fares (he stopped short of claiming lost salary for the court day, and inconvenience compensation).
At first they didn't come to the party, but management wrote a stern email on his behalf to the BDM at the fleet co & suggested they'd change fleet companies unless they did, and they finally paid up. It's still on his driving record, but at least the fine, fares, and court costs were reimbursed.
2 points. Just because you dont own the company doesn't mean you cant get things changed. If it is such a regular occurance, surely your employer would sort the issue out straight away (i know they do with my work) such as moving to another company if they're that unreliable. My employer would take the risk of an employee getting fined as a high priority to fix!

And secondly, once again, claiming ignorance is no excuse. As the driver it is YOUR responsibility to make sure your vehicle is rego'd and roadworthy. Just because you're older people who aren't as tech savvy doesn't mean this responsibility is absolved. If you're able to work a computer, you're able to work a rego app (and being in sales, i'm sure some of their tasks are computer related).

If in doubt, ask your grandkids to help you (you mentioned one of the guys kids had used an app, perfect situation, ask him ;))

This article below was published in 2013, i know how you oldies love a good read of the paper ;). So yes, there were publication of ways to check the status of a vehicle. So once again, no excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article in 2013
“There is no excuse for driving a car unregistered and uninsured – you will be caught.”

Gay confirmed vehicle owners would continue to receive notifications from the RMS and from compulsory third-party insurers reminding them to renew their registration and insurance.

Motorists can also check the status of their vehicle registration by using a service on the RMS website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
There is no phone app in the ACT. Another vote for bring the label back.
Why? The website works fine, even on mobile. I just checked one and it took 30 seconds (and 5 seconds of that was me typing the plate wrong and going back). If you're in a situation where you're driving multiple cars, save the page and check as required.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:08 AM   #86
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still going on with your holier than thou, self-righteous crap???

I guess that's why you think just one person can make a company with 60,000 employees simply change their fleet provider.....

People are human beings. Human beings make mistakes every now & then - as evidenced by the stats in that article. 58,986 fines - and even if only 10% were forgetfulness, that's still nearly 6000 mistakes that were caught, and how many more that weren't....

With the way you're carrying on, I guess you've never made a single mistake in your entire life eh?

I'd hate to see how you treat a young kid in a shop if they gave you the wrong change.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2016, 12:58 AM   #87
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Still going on with your holier than thou, self-righteous crap???

I guess that's why you think just one person can make a company with 60,000 employees simply change their fleet provider.....

People are human beings. Human beings make mistakes every now & then - as evidenced by the stats in that article. 58,986 fines - and even if only 10% were forgetfulness, that's still nearly 6000 mistakes that were caught, and how many more that weren't....

With the way you're carrying on, I guess you've never made a single mistake in your entire life eh?

I'd hate to see how you treat a young kid in a shop if they gave you the wrong change.
If your company isn't going to protect you from such things, then you're working for the wrong company. But this all came about because of trying to get out of a fine. I have provided you with a simple and effective way to make sure you dont get such a fine (if someone chooses to drive the car after they know its out of rego, then they're just retarded).

4 years running is not a mistake. Thats an issue with their proceedures, and any half decent company wouldn't stand for that crap (providing they know about it, i'm guessing the employees havn't raised their concerns).

I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, but i'll be the first to admit the mistake, and look for ways to prevent doing the same thing. Putting your head in the sand and making the same mistake again and again isn't how a responsible person acts. Quite simply, in this day and age, there is no excuse for letting your rego run out. If this was 10 years ago, maybe i'd be more lenient in my opinion, but not with all the technology available.

I'm the first to be polite in such an instance, but i will fire up if the mistake isnt corrected, or owned up to!
Old 07-04-2016, 01:55 AM   #88
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Well whats wrong with going back a few years where we had to show our rego papers on demand? So why cant they be left in the glove box? Oh no one will look... Well it puts the onus back on them, not that it is not at present and it does allow for another way of checking.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:51 AM   #89
BFGasUte
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Well whats wrong with going back a few years where we had to show our rego papers on demand? So why cant they be left in the glove box? Oh no one will look... Well it puts the onus back on them, not that it is not at present and it does allow for another way of checking.
Hello,

That may be the case in the US, not here. At least not for the last 40 years. How easy would it be for a Car thief to sign your Car over to him.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:57 AM   #90
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

It was manditory in some states that you had to produce your rego papers when asked by police. And if your car was stolen with the papers and the thief tried to sign the car over it wouldn't matter because registration is not proof if ownership.
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post