Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2005, 02:32 AM   #61
EXECJIM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_futuraistic
Hey guys. This is one for the Victorians as NSW and im not sure what other states already have this in place.

I believe there is so many boxes on our roads, with bald tyres, worn out suspension ,worn out brakes, and worst of all Bellowing out blue "oil burning" smoke out the back killing the environment, just because they dont give a F**k.

I am sick and tired of having to constantly hit Re-circ on my a/c becuase of box cars in front.

Do you think there should be compulsary yearly Road worthy testing for vehicles?? or at least emissions and safety checks???

If i were you, i would move to another suburb : or take another route to work.

Most crashes are caused by "idiots" behind the wheel, and not the car being "road worthy" or "unroad worthy"
I think you would find most people drive to there ability as well as consider the type of car they drive :

Bring that law in and every car will be "unroad worthy" a chip on the windscreen or chip on a lens would be considered "unroad worty" weather it will be a brand new FALCON or an old box.

If these people with boxes cause an accident with there "unroad worthy" car, and i mean, that the car parts failed due to not being maintaned or the owner knew the brakes or steering were faulty, by all means throw the book at them.

The people of Victoria already have enough on our plate without getting shafted even more :

Its a bit like the knee jerk reaction about guns, guns dont kill, its the person that pulls the trigger of a loaded weapon :

I think some people also should consider the poorer people of this country as a whole, not every body can afford to keep there cars in 100% perfect condition.

: Jim

ps, have you ever smealt a late model car on unleaded when they accelerate hard??
unroad worthy??
EXECJIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 05:35 AM   #62
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Against!

And imagine the turnaround time?!?! The benefit of having private sector do it is they are much more efficient.
I should re iterate alittle.. in Qld to have an inspection done at the D.O.T pits isn't a roadworthy it is a safety certificate.. THey are not engineers and with the diversity and sneaky mods some people do to their cars I dare say they are not qualified to put a red line thru some and not othrs, This is why we have automotive engineers. What the D.O.T offers is a safety certificate, the lights,seat belts,tyres are inpected, the car is then put on a set of brake rollers to have front,rear and park brake effectivness independantly checked.. THe car then moves along to a set of shakers. 2 large plates that simulate extreme road conditions whilst the inpector is under the car in the channel obsverving the bushes,wheel bearings etc etc for suspisious travel, wear and/or noise. The car either passes or fails, although they have 'self clearance' defects where you can take the car to your mechanic of choice and have him sign off the repairs and mail the form back to them.

It is a very good system but not available to the general public as to the staffing required to do all the cars redgo'd in Brisbane. They pick up unsafe or worn components before or independatly of a mechanic telling you that there are hundreds of dollars worth of immediate urgent issues that he can do for you..

Reading about some of the issues you guys have had it seems to me Victoria is different to most other states in the fact that your police and VIC roads target modified cars, in Qld it is the poorly maintained sh|tters they are in their sights not the well maintained and loved moddified cars..

I think mandatory safety checks done by an independant entity gives the consumer/motorist an informed and unbaised report on their car. Something that alot of people will never get when mechanic shopping..

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 03:53 AM   #63
EXECJIM

1998 EL Falcon Futura......Tickford S/Wheel, Police ECU, EF Ghia Rims, DBA Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered, KN Filter, Tickford AU xr8 CAI, GME TX3200 UHF, Pioneer + Kenwood Sound System, Quell Extinguisher, Green parkers, Clear guard Indicators, Centre Console Light Mod.

COMMING SOON....
Fairmont Garnish
Fairmont Centre Console lid

Let me get this straight, a person with "GREEN PARKERS" want's to know about about yearly road worthies :lookedat:

Can i ask you, what do you do when you take your car to get your yearly road worthy done :gren:

let me guess, take out your "green parkers" so that your car passes

Jim

ps, what colour does the RTA want the Victorian car's our parker's to be to make our cars road worthy??

May be green
EXECJIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #64
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Well it look like us people in victoria will be doing R.W.C. every year anyway
vicroads has allready said that it is on the cards and it WILL be happening
if your car is on L.P.G. then you take your car to a roadworthy place that allso INSTALLS / TESTS L.P.G. ( A.A.F.B. safety )

it would get a few cars off the road now and the others would be fixed or at least patched up a little to be passed.

A R.W.C. from my work will cost you $55+gst for a car with or without gas
and $65+gst for a 4WD or light truck up to 5T workload

I for one would like to see it come in ( i need more money )
as at least once a week i see a car come in thats bad and you tell the customer
and they nealy allways say " ill be right M8 its just my work car "
OR " just keep it going for a little while longer im getting a new/better one next mth " and sure enough 6/12 mths later they still have it and its still unsafe.

as for boggy roadworthy certificates YES your right you can get them BUT your crazy why would you want to drive around in a unsafe car ?

I for one have a car that dont look that crash hot in the body but i will put it to the roadworthy certificate test anytime as it takes my Family everywhere and i dont want Me or my Missers hitting a tree and it being my fault.

"here lies Swannys kids becouse he was a tight *** to fix the brakes/tyres ect ..."
THAT is one thing i NEVER WANT TO HAPPEN
:
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 AM   #65
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd

as for boggy roadworthy certificates YES your right you can get them BUT your crazy why would you want to drive around in a unsafe car ?
Not every car that is deemed unrwc by vicroads is unsafe :( Im gonna have to start driving a camry. :alien2:
Old 07-08-2005, 04:24 AM   #66
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pros and cons for both arguments , but im against it , ever had a kistapo type doing your rwc? youve fitted new seats in your vehicle added extra reinforcing definatley better than when it came out of the factory, mr kistapo demands engineers certificate without even looking at the job , many of them dont get checked properly anyway, a compulsory free safety check yearly id go along with not a roadworthy, has anyone actually added up how much it costs to run a car for 12 months, if they took some tax of fuel it might be ok , as for ters on the road they are usually fairly obviouse , the smokyey ones , the stoved in front gaurd with one headlight out , the 120 decibel blown out exhaust, more police patroling and less cameras would be far safer IMO
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #67
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the QLD idea of safety checks which include brakes and suspension and would like to see it in N.S.W, to be run independantly of a mechanics workshop. Not wanting to make things too complicated maybe this test should be carried out @ the third year when the first rego check is due then every second/third year with the usual trip to the mechanic the other years. An emissions test could be included in the safety check only if there is visible signs of smoke or @ 100k then every 50k or nearest. This test should NOT be there to put off the road a car that has minor mods but the old clunker/oil smoker.