Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #61
leojvs
Ahh, its running again!

I go to Parramatta raceway. I used to go there all the time as a kid, but it can cost 35 just to get in now, plus a coke=4, a hot dog =4.50 etc. One person pays $50, unless you lug in an esky. Its great, but a little $$ to go all the time.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #62
^kicker^

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351buzz
yes, very ummm, relaxed.
back in the old days they used to dump 44's of old oil on the track,(coupla weeks before racing) to keep the dust down, It was sweet as to race on. surprisingly sticky once it "slicked up".
haha, thats great.
I'll be heading up again this easter to have another go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campo81
I went and raced at avalon last night
first season. good work. how do ya like it?
My mate won the Superrod final last night at Avalon.
and my step brother came second in the Vic Title of the sdav hotrods at stawell last night.
Do you juniors race at the Super Rod Cup at Warnambool next weekend?
^kicker^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 AM   #63
Campo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^kicker^
first season. good work. how do ya like it?
My mate won the Superrod final last night at Avalon.
and my step brother came second in the Vic Title of the sdav hotrods at stawell last night.
Do you juniors race at the Super Rod Cup at Warnambool next weekend?
Yeah it's good as! LOL

Uhmm I don't think I will go to warni....
Campo81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #64
ford_baute

Quote:
Junior Sedans

It's my first season this year
Cool well best of luck with it..........
ford_baute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #65
ford_baute

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leojvs
I go to Parramatta raceway. I used to go there all the time as a kid, but it can cost 35 just to get in now, plus a coke=4, a hot dog =4.50 etc. One person pays $50, unless you lug in an esky. Its great, but a little $$ to go all the time.
Mate i know what your talking about it was $35 last night and its been $32 for the other internation meets. For a normal meet its gone up from $25 to $27 last night with my girl friend and i it was $70 to get it. But i get Mac'as on the way down to the track and i lug a esky. I know its a pain doing it but the food isnt very good and its so expensive you forgot $4.00 for hot chips that arent always hot. I save heaps by taking my own food and feel better then eating the stuff there.

Any way last night schatz won again started second row and the track went black. It was so slick it wasnt funny just the way the yanks like it. Started going black after hot laps. It was a boring feature race one line track and not a lot of passing. Every time someone went high they just buzzed the wheels while cars on the down side went past espically on turns 3 and 4.
They had formula 500's there last night i didnt like them to start with but iam a fan now so many of them and they look like they where going faster then a litre car. They put on a great show they where all so even.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #66
SVR73
Mr Polish

Speedway is in my blood. I have been going since being six months old
Rowley park from 73 to 79. Dad was a photographer there for the last decade and we were there every week

been to these.

Speedway City. some 3 km's away from my place and have been there since the mid 80's
then in 93 I went to almost every meeting until 2000

Stopped going there once the super sedans were removed from the program for a couple years
Now that the JD couriers super sedan series is on there, I go whenever they run. No supers, I don't go

Murray Bridge - from 2001. Only when supers or an aussie title is on
Mildura Timmis speedway - my home away from home. Best people and a brilliant track for super sedans

Hamilton - western speedway's unique turn 1 and 2 is awesome.
Warnambool - went once for the 1998 Australian super sedan title
Rosedale - 2001 50 lap super sedan challenge. Want to go again but lack of events for supers makes it difficult

Gilgandra - once
Mothar Mountain at gympie - 2004. I love the track design
Charlton toowoomba. If it's slick, it sucks but when the track is right, the racing is spectacular

Nyora - on the way to phillip island. very hidden place
Brisbane - Archerfield - don't like the place and won't be going again
Renmark, waikerie, lismore, bordertown, mt gambier and horsham

The super sedan class and drivers such as michael gee, wayne randall,jamie mchugh and the victorian and SA guys are the only reason I go to speedway at all.

Wow those prices at PCR are insane. In VIC and SA, it's $15 to 25 dollars unless you get a pit pass as well. I do that whenever the NSSS series is on as I can have a chin wag with the drivers and take pics before the racing starts.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #67
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to race at Yandina on the Sunshine Coast and go to Mothar Mountain to watch- awesome track, built on the side of a hill with rh kink down the back straight and a hair pin at the bottom of the hill. No sprint cars ever race there, too scared! LOL!
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #68
farah9

Don't get out to PCR much any more, I used to go every friday as a kid when my dad and uncles raced modifieds, I think i've got some old programs around somewhere, I'll have to see if I can find them.

Someone asked about the one being built at eastern creek, There was an article in the local paper last week saying that building will start this year on the speedway, looks like their trying to make a motor city out there.
farah9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #69
Campo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah9
Someone asked about the one being built at eastern creek, There was an article in the local paper last week saying that building will start this year on the speedway, looks like their trying to make a motor city out there.
Apparently so. They had better ask some speedway people about it before building it though
Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #70
ford_baute

Quote:
Apparently so. They had better ask some speedway people about it before building it though
It was in speedway racing news a season or two ago wasnt sure if it was still happening. At the time Garry Rush had somthing to do with it. Not sure if he still does.
What local paper was it in. Im kinda local to the area as well at kenthurst. Would like to read it.....
Old 09-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #71
AusM
AusMotorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Went to Avalon Speedway many moons ago to watch a demolition derby... and absolutely loved it!
Would love to go again
They have Portaloo racing this weekend - classy!
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #72
Campo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFdesign
They have Portaloo racing this weekend - classy!
Yeah kenny's going to be there it's also the midget GP
Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #73
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grew up watching racing at the Sydney Showground every week. Then went to Liverpool until it closed as well. Was a regular at PCR until the pricing went out of control : these days I go to Gosford for the bike meetings, Nepean during the winter for bikes as well, and the occasional PCR meeting when speedcars are running, maybe only twice a season at best
Uncle Raggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #74
big fella
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Used to travel all over with the old man when I was a kid, following sprintcars. He shuffled off this mortal coil long ago, and the travelling stopped. I go to Avalon once a year now for WSS, was good a couple of weeks ago. The weekend I used to look forward to most was the Australia day weekend with the Grand annual Sprintcar classic at Premier Speedway Warrnambool. First daughter was born on Australia Day so the wife has stopped that weekend now too.
big fella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #75
Sloth

Just been announced that a talented young driver (19) died as a result of his injuries when his Sprint Car crashed at Baypark on New Years day. First fatality in Tauranga Speedway history which dates back to the early 70's. RIP Andrew. Story

On a brighter note, we have a demo derby and a caravan derby on this weekend. As always it will be a hoot.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #76
ford_baute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
Just been announced that a talented young driver (19) died as a result of his injuries when his Sprint Car crashed at Baypark on New Years day. First fatality in Tauranga Speedway history which dates back to the early 70's. RIP Andrew. Story

On a brighter note, we have a demo derby and a caravan derby on this weekend. As always it will be a hoot.
That is a shame in any sport some one so young to pass away. I wonder if the device he was wearing was the HANS device. I seen sprintcar driver steven grasmyer get air lifted to hosiptal a few weeks ago after going into a concrete wall backwards at full speed. There is now a tyre wall in front of the concrete wall as there is plenty of room for it. They had to cut the back of the car out took about 2 hours to get him out lucky they did as it turns out he ended up getting vertabre's fused in his neck. Point im making shame it had to happen but hopefully it wont happen to any one else now the track has been changed
Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #77
DBL15
love being blown

yep Brisbane tomorrow night and saturday night for world series sprintcars i am there for sure just like the last 30 years

: : : i love my sprinters : :
DBL15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #78
ford_baute

Should be a good meet up there in brissy i wonder if brooke can wrap it up again or max will get him
Old 12-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #79
farah9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_baute
It was in speedway racing news a season or two ago wasnt sure if it was still happening. At the time Garry Rush had somthing to do with it. Not sure if he still does.
What local paper was it in. Im kinda local to the area as well at kenthurst. Would like to read it.....
Not sure which paper it was, I we get so many different ones around here, I'd say Rouse Hill times or Blacktown sun. From memory it was on the front page, They mentioned both the speedway and the new AFL/Cricket ground(near the olympic baseball field) would both be started this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleraggy
Grew up watching racing at the Sydney Showground every week. Then went to Liverpool until it closed as well. Was a regular at PCR until the pricing went out of control these days I go to Gosford for the bike meetings, Nepean during the winter for bikes as well, and the occasional PCR meeting when speedcars are running, maybe only twice a season at best
Probably seen you around some where, the same uncles that used to race at PCR started racing sidecars at gosford with their sons a few years back, I don't think they race there anymore though, I know they go to Tamworth for special events as well.
farah9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #80
ford_baute

OUT LAWS at pcr this week!! Then the Aus sprintcar title in 2 weeks times!! anyone going should be good as long as the rain stays away. Also i got the tickets the other week its $50 a night for general admission which is every where expect the main grand stand. A bit steep but better then going to the USA to see them even though it would be good ive been told from friends that have raced over there going to the meetings are a lot more expensive then here in Aus
Old 19-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #81
ford_baute

Outlaws was called off last night due to rain lets hope its all on tonight......not looking good though
Old 19-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #82
outside
off in outer space

been canned tonight aswell
outside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #83
ford_baute

Lets hope its on tonight. Looking better at the moment. Hope it doesnt storm later on today.......
Old 30-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #84
ford_baute

Hey everyone!! Any one going to the Aus Sprintcar title at PCR This thurs, fri and sat nights??
Old 30-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #85
outside
off in outer space

Quote:
Hey everyone!! Any one going to the Aus Sprintcar title at PCR This thurs, fri and sat nights??
friday and saturday for me
Old 31-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #86
ford_baute

Quote:
Originally Posted by outside
friday and saturday for me
Should be a good night for all 3 nights. Hope they water the track a bit now the yanks have gone home...........Ill let you know the car count if i get the chance to come back on before tomorrows meet
Old 31-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #87
outside
off in outer space

Quote:
Ill let you know the car count if i get the chance to come back on before tomorrows meet
cool thanks
Old 31-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #88
outside
off in outer space

rained out tonight........ the whole show has been pushed back a day, its now friday, saturday and sunday nights now
Old 01-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #89
ford_baute

Its been washed out tonight as well. Pushed back another night. In total there are 88 sprintcars. 40 last night for qualifing the other 44 the next night and the cars that make it from night one and night two go to the finial night !!!! This Dam rain always on the big meets!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #90
Campo81

Quote:
Its been washed out tonight as well. Pushed back another night. In total there are 88 sprintcars. 40 last night for qualifing the other 44 the next night and the cars that make it from night one and night two go to the finial night !!!! This Dam rain always on the big meets!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you on australianspeedway.com forums mate?