Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #10081
V8 6I

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Ok, so I'm now told that the system has come back up and all but the XR8 are in there. XR should be at the end of this week.

Can anyone tell me that they have ordered and locked in, with a contract that states XR8 (and not FPV GS, etc), an XR8 in their trans and colour choice, for the first allocation? I hear people are 'ordering' them, but I want to confirm properly.

I really want the first allocation, and want to make sure I won't be missing out.
They can temporarily put in the code for the xr6 with the condition they will change it, and when they get the xr8 code they rewrite the purchase order.Hope that helps.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #10082
smiddy

Hi does anyone no if the digital gauges on the centre screen like the gtf will be in the xr8,or maybe not because its a diff system sync 2 cheers?
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #10083
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
Hi does anyone no if the digital gauges on the centre screen like the gtf will be in the xr8,or maybe not because its a diff system sync 2 cheers?
So we want a XR8 with a GT 335kw engine with rspec supspension, wider rear rims AND digital gauges for $52,490.00 plus onroad costs
Old 07-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #10084
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Cant say the changes on my ZF auto GT are "slow" - almost instant really. As soon as you tap the lever in manual mode , it changes almost instantly up and down the gears. No ZF tune - standard, but has been serviced at 50,000 klm and will be done again as soon as it reaches 100k

May be yours needs some new oil and a service ? Low battery voltage can also cause trans issues.

Paddles on the new XR8 should have been a no brainer and they should have written the throttle blip on downshift for rev matching into the software as well, would have been a great differentiator in the driving experience between outgoing FG2 and FGX.

Have had multiple ZFs mate in BF F6, FG F6, FG II GT-E and have driven quite a few other recent ZF GT etc. and none of them respond remotely instantly to the shifter. The changes themselves are quick enough, but the response to the lever is slow, as computer works out whether to say no or yes etc. Have had old school manual valve bodied shift kitted autos and that is instant response to shifter, the ZF is not.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #10085
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
So we want a XR8 with a GT 335kw engine with rspec supspension, wider rear rims AND digital gauges for $52,990.00
The digital readouts on the screen cost nothing all it is code already written so no reason not to unless they deliberately want to leave it special only to the GT-F. You can read most of the same things on your phone using an app and the OBD port on any modern car anyway.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #10086
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Have had multiple ZFs mate in BF F6, FG F6, FG II GT-E and have driven quite a few other recent ZF GT etc. and none of them respond remotely instantly to the shifter. The changes themselves are quick enough, but the response to the lever is slow, as computer works out whether to say no or yes etc. Have had old school manual valve bodied shift kitted autos and that is instant response to shifter, the ZF is not.
Hmmm, the ZF in my BF MkII Ghia responds immediately. The old 4 speed on the other hand...
Old 07-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #10087
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
The digital readouts on the screen cost nothing all it is code already written so no reason not to unless they deliberately want to leave it special only to the GT-F. You can read most of the same things on your phone using an app and the OBD port on any modern car anyway.

The sync2 operating system is totally new so it would require it being re-done.

You can use your own photos as a background for the screen too. Just upload the pics via usb or bluetooth. Some guys would do it as a prank and upload funny photos of the guy who was going to drive it next
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #10088
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
So we want a XR8 with a GT 335kw engine with rspec supspension, wider rear rims AND digital gauges for $52,490.00 plus onroad costs
Seemed a simple question to me.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #10089
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Hmmm, the ZF in my BF MkII Ghia responds immediately. The old 4 speed on the other hand...
There is your version of immediately, and my version of immediately. Obviously they differ quite a bit.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #10090
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
There is your version of immediately, and my version of immediately. Obviously they differ quite a bit.
If you think the ZF is "slow" then driving the manual must be like waiting for good wine to age between changes....
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #10091
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My zf changes in well under a second. Wonder if there is any good way to actually time it
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #10092
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Not sure just how quick you want it to change. I make the change, the car just does it, and unless you are on a track doing lap after lap, I can't see it being worth mentioning.

I'm OCD, and it doesn't bother me - and normally ALL that stuff bothers me.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #10093
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I really cant see Ford adding Digital readouts for the XR8. I hope it remains a GTF feature.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #10094
Phyber
BF= Backend's Farked

I know what mcnews is saying, when I physically move the shifter in my BFII, the actual gear change takes effect maybe 0.5 seconds later.

There is actually enough time to cancel out a change. I've had to do this when letting a friend drive it hard. He hit it forwards (gear down) as he was accelerating and high in revs instead of towards the rear of the car (gear up). I slapped it backwards immediately and it stayed in the original gear. Have repeated that many times myself when needing to cancel a change down.

Once the box physically begins to shift it's over very fast though.

-------------------------------------------
BFII XR6T - ZF box
Racewars 2017 result - 800m @ 229km/h - 1000m @ 241km/h
PB: 317rwkw - 11.94 @ 120mph - 2.093 60'
PB: Stock/208rwkw - 13.594 @ 105mph - 2.297 60'
-------------------------------------------
Phyber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #10095
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
Seemed a simple question to me.
Lets all not be greedy now.. Ford has thrown everything at the New Xr8.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #10096
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Offtopic BUT remember Trev the trans ecu logs points from 0 - 200 to map the immediate driving style..

An hour of ME driving with a ZF and it's characteristics have a much quicker response time to everything i ask of it, than my missus driving it HER way 20% throttle and soooo on for an hour ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #10097
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Yeah if I were to do it all over again it would have to be g6et for sure.
I also think the rear will look best on the G6E
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #10098
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Really excited just received an email from Ford saying I've been chosen as a Falcon Fanatic in the competition to see the car up close and meet Frosty!
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #10099
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you think the ZF is "slow" then driving the manual must be like waiting for good wine to age between changes....
I'll take driving a manual over steering an auto an auto anyday. I remember when if u couldn't drive a manual hard u needed to spend $1000's on your factory auto. U auto drivers are too spoilt these days lol. ZF is very impressive when u look back at the 4 spds it replaced yet theres still nothing quite like having a clutch a stick and your mind to control gear shifts for me.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #10100
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
I would like to know as well because my dealer said the XR8 would have the digital dials. I haven't seen anything mentioned in the release information though.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #10101
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

XR8 wont have the digital dials.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #10102
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brisbane dealers saying pricing won't be released till the 18th.. Can anyone confirm this??
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #10103
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-351 View Post
Really excited just received an email from Ford saying I've been chosen as a Falcon Fanatic in the competition to see the car up close and meet Frosty!
How are you getting down there? I'm looking at pricing and the flights are not cheap!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #10104
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX S/C V8 View Post
Brisbane dealers saying pricing won't be released till the 18th.. Can anyone confirm this??
I can only confirm this insofar as I have read that on this very forum once or twice today, probably in that other thread.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #10105
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
XR8 wont have the digital dials.
Thanks for that, I didn't think so, salesman must have been confused it with Sync
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #10106
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
How are you getting down there? I'm looking at pricing and the flights are not cheap!
I'm considering flying down for the day but I'm considering driving too depending on whether or not I replace my clutch in time.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #10107
Tbm1121

Quote:
Different people have different opinions, in my opinion the new vw golf r dsg is the fastest shifting car I have driven, about 5 times faster than the zf in a mk2 xr6t, but it is not slow either, just different, one is a dsg the other is a proper auto. There is pros and cons of both,
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #10108
byamin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.caradvice.com.au/312465/2...economy-gains/

2000 Fairmont Ghia V8 - Liquid Silver
byamin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #10109
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post
Offtopic BUT remember Trev the trans ecu logs points from 0 - 200 to map the immediate driving style..

An hour of ME driving with a ZF and it's characteristics have a much quicker response time to everything i ask of it, than my missus driving it HER way 20% throttle and soooo on for an hour ...
Yep know all this, and it is very clever indeed in the way it adapts. Have done track stuff in previous cars with by the end of the day it left in performance mode and it was down changing hard enough to chirp the rears under maximum braking.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #10110
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by byamin View Post
The six cyl N/A versions of both Falcon and Terri are seriously economical for a big torquey engine.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post