Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 10:51 PM   #991
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Didn't they try to convene a UN security council meeting to discuss the evidence, but was vetoed? Or the UN dismissed it. Possibly another Russian disinformation.

Nothing to see here, move along....just like Hunter's laptop.

EDIT: Actually it did go ahead, but was fobbed off. No mention of ethnic based bio weapon.

https://media.un.org/en/asset/k16/k16nsx50dm
It was fobbed off by the UN because Russia presented no evidence, only allegations...and the documents that Russia's Defense Ministry did present as "evidence" in their state-controlled media was debunked by large number of Russian scientists.

Should note that influence watch lists this website as having a left-wing leaning but it is the most concise summary of Russian scientists debunking the biolabs propaganda, and it includes links to their direct comments so you can corroborate: https://theintercept.com/2022/03/17/...isinformation/

Turns out we (Australia) were supposedly helping work on the biological weapon that would only infect ethnic Russians.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #992
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
It was fobbed off by the UN because Russia presented no evidence, only allegations...and the documents that Russia's Defense Ministry did present as "evidence" in their state-controlled media was debunked by large number of Russian scientists.

Should note that influence watch lists this website as having a left-wing leaning but it is the most concise summary of Russian scientists debunking the biolabs propaganda, and it includes links to their direct comments so you can corroborate: https://theintercept.com/2022/03/17/...isinformation/

Turns out we (Australia) were supposedly helping work on the biological weapon that would only infect ethnic Russians.
um; america has already admitted to having three bio labs in Ukraine.

EDIT:https://search.usa.gov/search?affili...&query=biolabs
Old 03-06-2022, 05:31 PM   #993
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
um; america has already admitted to having three bio labs in Ukraine.

EDIT:https://search.usa.gov/search?affili...&query=biolabs
Are they making biological weapons though? As that was Russia's bull**** claim

Biolabs = True (we have them too, all developed nations do)

Making biological weapons = False

Making weapon that only targets Slava DNA = lol
This user likes this post:
Old 03-06-2022, 05:43 PM   #994
PhilT2

Quote:

I think my local high school has a biology laboratory (bio-lab) It's full of teenagers so I'm sure some really disgusting things go on there.
But that link doesn't establish that the US has biolabs in Ukraine.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:00 PM   #995
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
I think my local high school has a biology laboratory (bio-lab) It's full of teenagers so I'm sure some really disgusting things go on there.
But that link doesn't establish that the US has biolabs in Ukraine.
My youngest is still ****ed she had Covid when her class had "bunsen burner training" - it's what she's been looking forward to the most about high school (I mean I get it, but I also might want to keep a closer eye on that one)
Old 04-06-2022, 07:37 PM   #996
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Been a while since an update...

Old 11-06-2022, 10:36 PM   #997
zilo
BANNED

Been a while since an update...on the Proxy War

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2022, 11:19 PM   #998
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently some supplied javs have made their way onto the dark Web. You can have one for $30k USD. But not much use without the ammo!

Europol are also getting a bit nervy where some of these weapons might end up.

Good luck Europe.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:28 AM   #999
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:

now i thought they had 3 lab, some say 42 labs...
what is accurate don't know..

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-biola...ZpagSY-ZM1UWlU

https://www.opindia.com/2022/03/us-h...alleges-china/

https://seemorerocks.is/the-secret-u...bs-in-ukraine/
Old 12-06-2022, 02:12 PM   #1000
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Ex-‘Fox and Friends’ host moves to Portugal amid fraud accusations from dozens, including several from N.J.

Quote:
Facing two lawsuits in New Jersey and dozens of others across the country accusing him of fraud, former Fox News host Clayton Morris has moved out of the country.
https://www.nj.com/news/2019/07/ex-f...2-from-nj.html

Quote:
In March 2019, investors filed more than two dozen lawsuits in Indiana and New Jersey, claiming that Morris was running a Ponzi scheme involving the sales of some houses in C- and D-class neighborhoods through his investment company, Morris Invest, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The investors claim they were sold rental properties which Morris Invest promised to rehabilitate and rent out, earning them rental income. Some claim they later discovered the properties they received rental income from for several months were boarded up and vacant and they began receiving city code and country health department violations. Others found they had purchased vacant lots, small shacks or buildings that were falling down.[5] Federal and state law enforcement officials would not comment on whether or not there was a criminal investigation.[6]

In March 2020, Clayton Morris lost a $7.2 million copyright infringement lawsuit against HoltonWiseTV. The lawsuit, filed in Federal Court by Morris in October 2019, stemmed from HoltonWiseTV's production of a three-hour documentary investigating the alleged involvement of Morris in various real estate scams.[7][8]

In May 2020, the state of Indiana filed a civil lawsuit against Clayton Morris, among others, for violating Indiana's deceptive sales and home loan acts in real estate deals involving more than 150 properties in Marion County.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayton_Morris

https://www.youtube.com/c/RedactedNews/videos
Old 12-06-2022, 08:50 PM   #1001
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hasn't been covered much, but Ukraine's human rights chief got the *** a month ago.....

Ukrainian Parliament Fires Ombudswoman Denisova Citing Lax Efforts In Response To Russian Invasion
https://www.rferl.org/a/ukrainian-pa.../31877281.html

Quote:
They also said she had not shown enough effort to find facts proving war crimes committed by Russian troops in Ukraine and had spent a significant time abroad during Russia's ongoing aggression against Ukraine.

Why Ukraine's human rights chief Lyudmila Denisova was dismissed
https://www.dw.com/en/why-ukraines-h...sed/a-62017920

Quote:
Her term would have ended next year. Neither the constitution nor any other legislation ordinarily allows for premature dismissal from her office. Lawmakers, however, made use of martial law, which permits the removal of all appointees.

He also accuses her of having focused too much on media work, and on describing sexually motivated crimes in gratuitous detail as well as the raping of children in occupied territories. However, some of these accounts, he said, had not been verified, which had harmed Ukraine's reputation and distracted media attention from other, proven crimes and problems.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 13-06-2022, 10:28 PM   #1002
zilo
BANNED

Another installment on a counter opinion.

From a British journalist...

Redneck warning to our regional viewers...

Includes youtube yankee doodle filtering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1fuhKwXVA&t=22s

Old 16-06-2022, 08:32 PM   #1003
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All quiet on the western front? Doesn't appear so on the east...

Two US Vets Reportedly Captured by Russian Troops in Ukraine as Families Scramble to Learn More

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...earn-more.html

Quote:
The Law of War
Military.com has previously spoken to experts who explained that volunteering to serve in Ukraine's foreign legion is risky because Russia has expressed an unwillingness to abide by the laws of armed conflict.

Claire Finkelstein, the founder and academic director of the Center for Ethics and the Rule of Law, told Military.com in an email Wednesday that, assuming a former U.S. service member was taking orders from the Ukrainian military, wearing their uniforms, and carrying their arms openly, they would be "entitled to full POW treatment under the Geneva Conventions." "This means among other things that they have 'combatant immunity,' and thus cannot be punished or held criminally liable for joining the fight," she added.

However, the reports of the two men's capture come less than a week after death sentences were handed down to two British men who were captured by the Russian-backed Donetsk People's Republic while fighting for Ukraine. The U.K.'s Foreign Secretary, Liz Truss, called the sentences "a sham judgment with absolutely no legitimacy" in a statement issued Thursday, while asserting both men were "prisoners of war."

Finkelstein pointed out that, "from statements the Russians have made, there is already a suggestion that Russia will not accord foreign fighters POW treatment and will be unlikely to respect their human rights and the law of armed conflict." Russia's position on the volunteers has been clear: It considers them mercenaries rather than combatants.

"None of the mercenaries the West is sending to Ukraine to fight for the nationalist regime in [Kyiv] can be considered as combatants in accordance with international humanitarian law or enjoy the status of prisoners of war," Russian defense ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said in March, according to TASS, Russia's state-run news agency.

"Any mistreatment of the U.S. servicemen or a decision to execute them -- which Russia is threatening -- would be a violation of the law of armed conflict and a violation of the Geneva Conventions," Finkelstein said, though she is quick to note that invoking the conventions could put the U.S. government in an awkward position.

"The U.S. has a doleful track record when it comes to respecting the law of war in the treatment of wartime prisoners."

Rides (past and present)

Old 18-06-2022, 02:34 AM   #1004
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Albo will attend the NATO summit soon. Zelenskyy has also invited Albo to Kyiv and I hope he takes it up.

Australia is the largest non-NATO contributor to Ukraine as far as I know. We will do what we can and I fully support this.
Old 19-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #1005
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Albo will attend the NATO summit soon. Zelenskyy has also invited Albo to Kyiv and I hope he takes it up.

Australia is the largest non-NATO contributor to Ukraine as far as I know. We will do what we can and I fully support this.
Albo??

Scott Morrison (scomo)
Anthony Albanese (an##)
Old 24-06-2022, 11:37 PM   #1006
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen footage of a ****ed up Bushmaster and thinking what had happened to it. Were they killed or did they escape?

As big and awesome as they are, they are not designed for what Ukraine forces are putting them through.

Now we have an answer to that. May be true or not.

Quote:
Ukraine now only has 19 Bushmasters, after one was taken out by the Russians in an attack near the village of Trypillia. Vitaly, who was close to the attack when it happened, says everyone survived.

“I was there, I saw that Bushmaster go in for the first time, bring the guys back and then go in a second time. And then it got hit,” Vitaly says.

The commander of the team, who goes by the nickname Technik, says the attack demonstrated the quality of the Australian vehicle because it protected all the men inside.

“It’s armoured inside and that’s a big plus for this vehicle because it protects the safety and the health of the soldiers inside,” he says. “If we had more vehicles like this, we would save more lives - and the lives of our soldiers are the most important thing.”
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...21-p5av96.html
4 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2022, 02:00 PM   #1007
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Japan has been invited to the NATO summit too. We've barely just come out of a 20 year conflict due to someone else's misadventures, and we're about to be asked to jump on another. FFS! If Biden wants us to help him overthrow another regime, there needs to be some quid pro quo. Free Assange and give us some anti nuke capabilities...now!

Albo would be wise to give the photo ops with Zelendskyy a miss IMHO. Never seen so many photo ops in the middle of a war.

Rides (past and present)

Old 25-06-2022, 02:20 PM   #1008
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
I have seen footage of a ****ed up Bushmaster and thinking what had happened to it. Were they killed or did they escape?

As big and awesome as they are, they are not designed for what Ukraine forces are putting them through.

Now we have an answer to that. May be true or not.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...21-p5av96.html
It took a beating...

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status...38954524700678

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
3 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2022, 04:45 PM   #1009
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
The primitive Russian T-72 tank looks a lot better when it’s blown up, especially that “Jack in a Box” Turret.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2022, 05:17 PM   #1010
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Free Assange
Yeah, push him out of a C17 Globemaster over Mariupol. I promise we'll be there to catch him
Old 26-06-2022, 07:15 PM   #1011
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BBC's full interview with Lavrov, not just the 2 minutes they actually published.

Note the conviction in which he answers the questions. Leaves no doubt they actually believe in everything they are claiming.

Rides (past and present)

Old 26-06-2022, 10:36 PM   #1012
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

27k subscribers… I was watching some bloke in south Australia today … cutting rust out of an EJ. He had 100k subscribers
Old 26-06-2022, 10:47 PM   #1013
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

910k subscribers. Next....

Rides (past and present)

Old 26-06-2022, 10:56 PM   #1014
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dagnamit...shouldn't have made me look dirty chook...

1:45: No biolabs of concern, but they want to help the Ukranian armed forces destroy biolabs research facilities before the Russian forces move in.

Rides (past and present)

Old 27-06-2022, 11:49 AM   #1015
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Albo would be wise to give the photo ops with Zelendskyy a miss IMHO. Never seen so many photo ops in the middle of a war.
Ill keep out of all the other BS, I dont have nay time for YT hero's, but I d agree with that comment. Major WTF, its like he is a celeb?

All these other leaders going near war zones and still nothing seems to materialise and the world sits by.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-06-2022, 12:08 PM   #1016
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Actually, Zelenskiyy was a successful actor/comedian and a qualified lawyer before taking up his present office.
Old 27-06-2022, 03:10 PM   #1017
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this the first bloke to meet with both?

Anyhow, I think he missed the memo about wanting to make Russia so weak it could never launch another offensive. Plenty more lives to sacrifice before this ends.

Indonesian president to meet Zelensky and Putin to urge peace talks
https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...ge-peace-talks

Quote:
Widodo departed for Germany to attend as a guest for the G7 summit from June 26 to 27, and he will then go to the Ukraine capital Kyiv to meet President Volodymyr Zelensky.

"The mission is to ask... President Zelensky to open a dialogue forum for peace, to build peace because the war has to be stopped," he told a press conference in Jakarta.

The two leaders will also discuss the food supply chain "that needs to be reactivated" soon, Widodo said. From Kyiv, Widodo is scheduled to visit Moscow and meet with Russia's Vladimir Putin.

The visit to Moscow is planned for June 30, Indonesian authorities said earlier.

"With the same mission, I will ask President Putin to open a dialogue and to immediately have a ceasefire and to stop the war," he said. Earlier in April Widodo announced he had called Zelensky and invited him to join world leaders at G20 Summit in Bali in November 2022 as a guest.

Rides (past and present)

Old 27-06-2022, 07:42 PM   #1018
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Widodo has pressing issues - feeding 280m people, so I can understand his interest in brokering a cease-fire. Hungry people inevitably end up as revolutionaries.
Old 27-06-2022, 10:49 PM   #1019
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Actually, Zelenskiyy was a successful actor
Testosterone, look it up.
Old 27-06-2022, 11:43 PM   #1020
zilo
BANNED

That derelict incompetent Russian army seems to be doing ok....

Closed Thread