Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #1081
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Has this theory been proven, was his intention politically driven.

Southern Indian Ocean...Calm seas.

I was under the impression that this area was not somewhere described as having calm seas, in fact, quite the contrary.
Nothing has been proven, point taken. It's my theory that I've had for about 8 months. Not much has changed since, either has my theory...or we can call it an opinion.....based on what facts were available at the time and not rushing off to a nut-farm website that claims a UFO took it.

As for the Indian Ocean, it's definitely one of the most treacherous bodies of water, but can be calm on occasions too. I guess if they can deploy and extract ROV`s, then a planes belly could skim across the top without breaking apart from hitting a 7 meter wave.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #1082
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Nothing has been proven, point taken. It's my theory that I've had for about 8 months. Not much has changed since, either has my theory...or we can call it an opinion.....based on what facts were available at the time and not rushing off to a nut-farm website that claims a UFO took it.

As for the Indian Ocean, it's definitely one of the most treacherous bodies of water, but can be calm on occasions too. I guess if they can deploy and extract ROV`s, then a planes belly could skim across the top without breaking apart from hitting a 7 meter wave.
So what your saying is that in all probability a man has decided to give his own life, and that of hundreds of people in order to make a Government look suspect.
he takes off, kicks his co pilot out of the cockpit, shuts down all communication, flies around for 8 hours and then after all that, knowing he is about to drown in the middle of nowhere, he carefully touches down, perfectly timed on calm seas and silently sinks below the surface taking every item on board with him and leaving no trace.

That is if you believe it is intact on the sea floor and the reason why not 1 piece of debris has been located after 8 months and an intensive search.

My theory involves a shift in control of the plane and a touchdown on land somewhere.

I believe that because there would be no miracle landing and no debris to be found.

Now, considering the other coincidental parts of the story, the Iranian passengers with stolen passports, The passengers who booked in but didn't travel, the mystery contents of the cargo hold.

Which of the above theories is most probable?
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #1083
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So what your saying is that in all probability a man has decided to give his own life, and that of hundreds of people in order to make a Government look suspect.
he takes off, kicks his co pilot out of the cockpit, shuts down all communication, flies around for 8 hours and then after all that, knowing he is about to drown in the middle of nowhere, he carefully touches down, perfectly timed on calm seas and silently sinks below the surface taking every item on board with him and leaving no trace.

That is if you believe it is intact on the sea floor and the reason why not 1 piece of debris has been located after 8 months and an intensive search.

My theory involves a shift in control of the plane and a touchdown on land somewhere.

I believe that because there would be no miracle landing and no debris to be found.

Now, considering the other coincidental parts of the story, the Iranian passengers with stolen passports, The passengers who booked in but didn't travel, the mystery contents of the cargo hold.

Which of the above theories is most probable?
Well it is far-fetched just like any other theory, but one thing in my favour is the current search zone. Why have they been searching for the plane in that part of the Indian Ocean for the last 8 or so months...for kicks?

People keep asking where the debris is. What debris? If the fuselage didn't rupture....then what debris could there possibly be? The engines are long gone heading towards the ocean floor, there's no fuel left anyway, the only other thing that would leave a trail would be hydraulic fluid, and that would have disappeared well before and search teams got in the area.

As for the stolen passports, and people checking in and not boarding or whatever it was, that happens dozens of times per day. Those Iranians were just looking for work in Europe, and airline companies said it wasn't that uncommon for people to go walk about pre-flight.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #1084
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Well it is far-fetched just like any other theory, but one thing in my favour is the current search zone. Why have they been searching for the plane in that part of the Indian Ocean for the last 8 or so months...for kicks?
When they first went looking for the plane in the Southern Indian ocean they claimed it was some 2000+ miles southwest of Perth according to their 'Data'.
Only problem was, for the plane to have reached where they were looking it would had to have flown further than its fuel load could take it.
I posted this conclusion in this thread after doing an hours research into typical fuel for flight plan scenarios, considering the fact that prior to the disappearance it was an unremarkable flight and would have received regular practice prior to take off.
Within 24 hrs they redirected the search teams a thousand k's further north to a place where it could actually have reached under the conditions which they claim it was subject to.
Now im no aviation expert, nor would I be as silly as to think my conclusions rated a mention, but c'mon how can you have faith in the people running the show if they were making blatant errors from the start.

Quote:
People keep asking where the debris is. What debris? If the fuselage didn't rupture....then what debris could there possibly be? The engines are long gone heading towards the ocean floor, there's no fuel left anyway, the only other thing that would leave a trail would be hydraulic fluid, and that would have disappeared well before and search teams got in the area.
That's if it indeed was successfully landed on the Ocean.
Were not talking a calm Hudson river and decorated Pilot with extensive glider expertise like Chesley Sullenberger here, this is a man on the brink of committing murder suicide on an epic level whilst touching down in one of the harshest climates on the face of the Earth, put it into perspective.
Miracle landings on water and Capt Sully's don't come along too often, this really was a special flight for so many stars to line up.
And lets not forget, the whole ideal behind the 'Pilot did it' scenario is that he wanted the whole plane to disappear. All he had to do was dip a wing and all bets are off because it would have ripped apart and been found in no time.
He must have been extremely confident to say the least.

Quote:
As for the stolen passports, and people checking in and not boarding or whatever it was, that happens dozens of times per day. Those Iranians were just looking for work in Europe, and airline companies said it wasn't that uncommon for people to go walk about pre-flight.
Your probably right, but how often do Iranian passengers with stolen passports, luggage without its owners and undisclosed manifest items all appear on a plane that goes missing without a trace...
Old 04-12-2014, 03:22 AM   #1085
nstg8a

Quote:
Your probably right, but how often do Iranian passengers with stolen passports, luggage without its owners and undisclosed manifest items all appear on a plane that goes missing without a trace...
Bingo.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #1086
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I`d say never. No sooner had it been released that Iranian passengers boarded with stolen passports that people automatically assumed hijacking or 'bombs', same with people checking luggage in with no intention of boarding, again more bombs. As with what was in the cargo hold I have know idea. Is it common practice for airline companies to release information about the goods it was carrying to the public, in the event of a crash etc if its not some form of Hazardous material? I thought only the immediate investigators would be handed a manifest. I havn't looked into that so maybe you or someone else can shed some light onto that for me.

As for the pilot, there can only be a slight comparison between him and that guy that landed on the hudson. Different planes, circumstances and experience. The pilot from MH370 is no dud, he`s clocked 20,000 hours since the early 80`s. But it is possible for planes to land intact on water if the conditions are perfect and its controlled by skilled pilot.

In regards to the search area, heaps of variables here. Firstly that UK company that monitored the engines, wasn't sure if the last ping it got back was the engines running out of fuel at altitude, or the engine hitting the water. Secondly, it was almost impossible at the time to gauge the pilots exact maneuvers, especially after he disabled everything. You simply cant work out a flight path from A to B with great accuracy when you don't know what speed and altitude a plane it travelling at. This said plane was flying low at certain stages trying to avoid radar detection. Now when a commercial Jet flies at sea-level for an extended period of time, its fuel load diminishes rapidly from the thicker air/ more drag than at 40,000 feet...so that would have to have been added into anyone's calculations. And another thing worth noting is that most commercial airliners, travelling at cruising speed/height, can glide for 20 minutes give or take even once all engines have completely stopped. Now that could be an extra 150-200 clicks in any direction. I didn't attempt to calculate anything like that simply because I couldn't, but I just picked the deepest part of that ocean, almost 8 kilometers down.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #1087
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I`d say never. No sooner had it been released that Iranian passengers boarded with stolen passports that people automatically assumed hijacking or 'bombs', same with people checking luggage in with no intention of boarding, again more bombs. As with what was in the cargo hold I have know idea. Is it common practice for airline companies to release information about the goods it was carrying to the public, in the event of a crash etc if its not some form of Hazardous material? I thought only the immediate investigators would be handed a manifest. I havn't looked into that so maybe you or someone else can shed some light onto that for me.
Well that's my point, if this was an unremarkable flight up until it went missing you could say fair enough, these things can and do happen. But when you start to dig into the events surrounding this one flight, amongst thousands, it must raise some questions.
Its not just the passengers and luggage, there are a number of things surrounding this flight which raise the eyebrow when put into context.
With regards to the manifest, I believe it has been released but has omission's which they made prior to release that leave question marks.

Quote:
As for the pilot, there can only be a slight comparison between him and that guy that landed on the hudson. Different planes, circumstances and experience. The pilot from MH370 is no dud, he`s clocked 20,000 hours since the early 80`s. But it is possible for planes to land intact on water if the conditions are perfect and its controlled by skilled pilot.
No doubt it is possible, and Sully proved it possible. But the scene surrounding what is referred to as 'The Miracle On The Hudson' where a seriously experienced pilot with decades of flying under his belt either as a fighter pilot or as a Commercial pilot and extensive glider training managed to land a commercial aircraft on a body of water is not something that happens every day.
I doubt even Chesley Sullenberger could have put MH370 on the Indian Ocean without leaving a trace.

Quote:
In regards to the search area, heaps of variables here. Firstly that UK company that monitored the engines, wasn't sure if the last ping it got back was the engines running out of fuel at altitude, or the engine hitting the water. Secondly, it was almost impossible at the time to gauge the pilots exact maneuvers, especially after he disabled everything. You simply cant work out a flight path from A to B with great accuracy when you don't know what speed and altitude a plane it travelling at. This said plane was flying low at certain stages trying to avoid radar detection. Now when a commercial Jet flies at sea-level for an extended period of time, its fuel load diminishes rapidly from the thicker air/ more drag than at 40,000 feet...so that would have to have been added into anyone's calculations. And another thing worth noting is that most commercial airliners, travelling at cruising speed/height, can glide for 20 minutes give or take even once all engines have completely stopped. Now that could be an extra 150-200 clicks in any direction. I didn't attempt to calculate anything like that simply because I couldn't, but I just picked the deepest part of that ocean, almost 8 kilometers down.
My basic calculations allowed for a maximum distance considering the information disclosed about its movements until west of the Malacca Straight. Any increase in fuel burn would shorten its range, not increase it.
It could never have been in the vicinity of Port Au Francais which is where they said it was at first. It would have needed to fly directly there from where it lost contact and we know that is not the case.

Im not saying im right either, its just an opinion, but it would seem that the official story contains more fiction than some of the conspiracy theories going around.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #1088
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

But the scene surrounding what is referred to as 'The Miracle On The Hudson' where a seriously experienced pilot with decades of flying under his belt either as a fighter pilot or as a Commercial pilot and extensive glider training managed to land a commercial aircraft on a body of water is not something that happens every day.
I doubt even Chesley Sullenberger could have put MH370 on the Indian Ocean without leaving a trace.

The Pilot of MH370 was no trainee! Is Sully the only pilot possible of such a ditching? Yeah sure he`s a hero, we all know that, his medals and honours state that. But given the same opportunity, how many other pilots worldwide could pull that off with the same plane? I`ll say quite a few(and some would end in complete disaster). Secondly he wasn't qualified to fly a 777 and the pilot of MH370 was' an examiner qualified to conduct simulator tests for other pilots'.......that usually means he`s right up there with the best and knows the 777`s capabilities in every given scenario imaginable like the back of his hand, either in a simulator or in a 777 itself. So If anyone could pull off a Sully landing on a calm see, I guess his chances are higher than most
Old 04-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #1089
Bobman
Regulator

If this plane http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Bo..._disappearance can disappear 200km from Japan in 1979 and not a trace be found to date then it's very believable that a plane can disappear in a much larger body of water as we see with MH370.

Some people don't even know about that Varig 707 or the ex-FedEx 727 in 2003.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #1090
cram_it_frog
wombat

I think if you sat down a made a list of all the aircraft that went missing since day one that list would be a long one

At 2:10 p.m., five U.S. Navy Avenger torpedo-bombers comprising Flight 19 take off from the Ft. Lauderdale Naval Air Station in Florida on a routine three-hour training mission. Flight 19 was scheduled to take them due east for 120 miles, north for 73 miles, and then back over a final 120-mile leg that would return them to the naval base. They never returned.

Alton Glenn Miller (March 1, 1904 – missing in action[1] December 15, 1944) was an American big band musician, arranger, composer, and bandleader in the swing era. He was the best-selling recording artist from 1939 to 1943, leading one of the best known big bands. Miller's notable recordings include "In the Mood", "Moonlight Serenade", "Pennsylvania 6-5000", "Chattanooga Choo Choo", "A String of Pearls", "At Last", "(I've Got a Gal In) Kalamazoo", "American Patrol", "Tuxedo Junction", "Elmer's Tune", and "Little Brown Jug".[2] While he was traveling to entertain U.S. troops in France during World War II, Glenn Miller's aircraft disappeared in bad weather over the English Channel.

this is two from www2 and the list will go on and on and yes the conspiracy guy s have gone overboard on these two some say there was UFO involved in the Bermuda triangle if the first one

2nd one they say he went through what is known as a bomb dump area

during www2 if a bombing run failed or aircraft had to return to base they had to dump any unused bombs in a set area marked on a map in the middle of english channel and he may have been hit but that

it many of the cased simple things like fuel or bad map reading was to blame and I am sure when they do find Flight 370 it will be some thing simple and it will all make sense

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #1091
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Be great to be able to drain the ocean for a couple of weeks or so... Would find some pretty awesome stuff!
Might even recover my Nikonos camera I lost off Vanuatu?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #1092
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Be great to be able to drain the ocean for a couple of weeks or so... Would find some pretty awesome stuff!
Might even recover my Nikonos camera I lost off Vanuatu?
Haha, I've thought of that fantasy before too!

Imagine what would be out there. Gold, various wrecks. Ancient life forms?

There is so much mystery in our oceans!

Current Cars:
Previous Cars:
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #1093
cram_it_frog
wombat

there was a show on austar few months back a brand new specialist wreck recovery company called Odyssey Marine exploration doing super deep dives using robot technology

They pulled up millions of $ of silver from a wreck and they did find a huge amount of gold but the Spanish gov went to court and took it off of them

but this company are reaching depths that ten years ago were just a dream and they are finding some huge amounts of gold silver and other items

but there running costs are huge ie they made a tv show to help with costs

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned

2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #1094
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
If this plane http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Bo..._disappearance can disappear 200km from Japan in 1979 and not a trace be found to date then it's very believable that a plane can disappear in a much larger body of water as we see with MH370.

Some people don't even know about that Varig 707 or the ex-FedEx 727 in 2003.
What is the ex-FedEx 727 incident you're referring to? Do you have a link?
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #1095
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Disregard - "On May 25, 2003, a 727-200, registration number N844AA, was stolen from Quatro de Fevereiro Airport in Luanda, Angola. The aircraft has not been seen since it took off."
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #1096
cram_it_frog
wombat

Does any one rember the hunt for Red october and at the end there is a scene where the Russian guy says he has another problem

And the reply was you lost another submarine

Well looks like that was Malaysian Airways reply last night

So will they find this one or will that be two aircraft Malaysian Airways have lost

tell you one thing there is not enough money in this world to pay me to fly with this company

Australian P 3 Orion aircraft is now on stand by

So the next Australian budget will be spent entirely on searching for missing aircraft might be the new of the day

What is going on they are saying the aircraft of today are the best technology can buy and make so who is making the mistakes are the aircraft to complex for todays pilots

where do we go now

same as before
like a drone air aircraft at least we will know what happens

not sure

What Ford s have I owned

Old 29-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #1097
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not Malaysian Airways plane.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #1098
cram_it_frog
wombat

Dash_XR is the budget version owned by Malaysian Airways

I may be wrong but a few reports say that

In August 2011, AirAsia agreed to form an alliance with Malaysia Airlines by means of a share swap.[10] The alliance was struck down by the Malaysian government, in effect voiding the agreement of both airlines.

What Ford s have I owned

Last edited by cram_it_frog; 29-12-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 29-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #1099
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My research suggests that AirAsia is a low cost Indonesian carrier with links to the Malaysian budget carrier of the same name who have a minority shareholding.

Like QANTAS in OZ where the QANTAS sales act prevents a majority of shares being owned by non Australian Nationals the Indonesian Government requires 50.1% shareholding in Indonesian AirAsia within Indonesia.

Not that these niceties help the 162 souls on board since by now the aircraft will not be airborne.

My thoughts are with the relatives of those who may be lost.

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 29-12-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #1100
cram_it_frog
wombat

My thoughts are with the relatives of those who my be lost

yes I agree with that

What Ford s have I owned

Old 29-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #1101
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

strange?? no pings from black boxes ???
Old 29-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #1102
cram_it_frog
wombat

also this is supposed to be a busy place no one so far has reported any thing strange

sound so similar to flight 370

What Ford s have I owned

Old 29-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #1103
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its only been about 24 hours since it went missing, half of those hours were pitch black and all planes grounded due to bad weather. Java sea is tiny compared to the bigger oceans, but its still a massive body of water to search. As for the black box pings, you pretty much need to be on top of them to pick-up the signal, even in shallow water. Probably spot wreckage first then zone in and hunt for the black boxes as they do.
Old 29-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #1104
cram_it_frog
wombat

CoupeKing I can only hope that is what happens

What Ford s have I owned

Old 29-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #1105
Bobman
Regulator

Guys, it took 10 days to find anything in the Adam Air 737 crash in 2007 in a similar, yet smaller area.

Current Cars:
Previous Cars:
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
Old 29-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #1106
nstg8a

heard on the wireless just before that an Australian aircraft may have spotted wreckage
Old 29-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #1107
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Let's stick to 370 here, there is another thread for the Air Asia flight.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #1108
cram_it_frog
wombat

Tomorrow is a one year since MH 370 went missing and still no news totally amazing

The deputy prim minister has said that they cannot look for ever so they must be thinking of pulling the pin

I wonder what the bill so far is any geusses

how many millions has been spent

I feel for the family's tomorrow will be a hard day for many of them

but you never know what is around the corner in the news today a girl who was kidnapped in USA at birth 17 years ago has been reunited with her real mum

What Ford s have I owned

Old 08-03-2015, 07:59 AM   #1109
jandj

Can someone tell me why the Australian gov is paying to look for mh 370, has the airline pitched in for looking for there plane.
Shouldn't the search cost fall on the airline.
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #1110
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj View Post
Can someone tell me why the Australian gov is paying to look for mh 370, has the airline pitched in for looking for there plane.
Shouldn't the search cost fall on the airline.
Because it falls within Australia's search zone. Just as if a Qantas plane went missing of the coast of New Zealand, New Zealand would foot the bill for the search.

As for how much, if any, of the costs of being offset by MA I have no idea. Given their financial position Id doubt it's minimal.