Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 23-06-2023, 03:34 PM   #1
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Flag nuts? No idea what you mean.
Never been bitten by one then? See this video for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZi-gMxp3w from 1 minute onward and note the comment about "..if you don't have a story about a flag nut you haven't worked on cars long enough..." Also and https://www.efc-intl.com/viewitems/b...nut-assemblies and https://www.stanleyengineeredfasteni...s/optia/gripco

Last edited by aussiblue; 23-06-2023 at 03:51 PM.
aussiblue is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2023, 04:05 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

In fairness they do seem to have gone out of vogue perhaps replaced with captive nuts. Used to come across them more often in vehicles and farm machinery I worked on in the 60's and 70's.
Old 23-06-2023, 04:42 PM   #3
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In post 1487. I've seen them on the lower control arm unit on the AU2. I know I had both lower control arms replaced and seen them. Instead of the nut type, mine was part of the bolt head.
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2023, 05:01 PM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

I wonder if modern OHS practices is why the went out of vogue; as I, and doubtless many others know from experience, however careful you are, it's all to easy to catch your fingers and crush them between the flag and whatever part they were designed to stop against while holding them out of sight to start them on the bolt you are turning. Jeep in particular seemed to like using them.

Last edited by aussiblue; 24-06-2023 at 05:09 PM.
aussiblue is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2023, 11:59 AM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Ack!!! It got me to near work but that’s about it…

GT, hombre, can you help?

The hose has green bands on it - not sure if that means it’s original or one of the recall era.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2023, 02:28 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Ack!!! It got me to near work but that’s about it…

GT, hombre, can you help?

The hose has green bands on it - not sure if that means it’s original or one of the recall era.
LHR ute brake hose. That VIN does not have any recalls against it past or present.

Hose is $104, could most probably get one for you tomorrow pending stock. If not wont be till end of week.

PM me if you want me to organise for you.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2023, 04:51 PM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Thanks - waiting on a local manufacturer to get back with their suggestions, else will hit you up. My workmate looked at the mess and casually said “Air brakes; nice”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
LHR ute brake hose. That VIN does not have any recalls against it past or present.

Hose is $104, could most probably get one for you tomorrow pending stock. If not wont be till end of week.

PM me if you want me to organise for you.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2023, 02:49 PM   #8
GreenGully
Starter Motor

Does anyone know the part numbers for door actuators on an XH Falcon Ute 1999, I can't see any. I'm trying to hunt them down as mine broke (door locks keep cycling)
GreenGully is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2023, 03:13 PM   #9
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGully View Post
Does anyone know the part numbers for door actuators on an XH Falcon Ute 1999, I can't see any. I'm trying to hunt them down as mine broke (door locks keep cycling)
Both sides take 96DA220A20BA, its just screwed on the bracket differently pending on which side.
Old 27-06-2023, 03:36 PM   #10
GreenGully
Starter Motor

Quote:
Both sides take 96DA220A20BA, its just screwed on the bracket differently pending on which side.
Brilliant, thanks, hopefully my mechanic can source them
Old 28-06-2023, 06:13 PM   #11
gassa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=GTLEGEND;6822819]Both sides take 96DA220A20BA, its just screwed on the bracket differently pending on which side.[/QUOT
I have some if interested

Gassa
gassa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2023, 11:02 AM   #12
GreenGully
Starter Motor

[QUOTE=gassa;6823070]
Quote:
Both sides take 96DA220A20BA, its just screwed on the bracket differently pending on which side.[/QUOT
I have some if interested

Gassa
Just sent you a PM
Old 05-07-2023, 03:29 PM   #13
KRISL

I'm looking for a brand new no marks fpv 6cd silver facia for the icc

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold
2003 boss 260 xr8 daily driver
1991 eb1 xr8 once a year driver, factory cassette player
KRISL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2023, 10:06 PM   #14
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISL View Post
I'm looking for a brand new no marks fpv 6cd silver facia for the icc
Try Forum Sponsor ASL on here https://www.aslautomedia.com.au/ or Mister FPV https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100082817877814
Old 07-07-2023, 06:53 AM   #15
KRISL

Thanks, yeah I had tried them but no luck,
Off topic but I'm sure the mk2 fg touch screen on the daughters car has a thin clear plastic like cover on the screen (seemed to be more layers under the trims, doesnt look added on), I also asked them about replacing that but the guy seemed to think it was only a glass screen no other covers, and that would need to be sent in to be replaced,

Quote:

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold
Old 07-07-2023, 08:39 AM   #16
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISL View Post
Thanks, yeah I had tried them but no luck,
Off topic but I'm sure the mk2 fg touch screen on the daughters car has a thin clear plastic like cover on the screen (seemed to be more layers under the trims, doesnt look added on), I also asked them about replacing that but the guy seemed to think it was only a glass screen no other covers, and that would need to be sent in to be replaced,
They did come with a plastic cover sheet when brand new that is supposed to be peeled off at pre delivery. Could that have been left on?
Old 08-07-2023, 01:32 PM   #17
notNA

hey happen to have a handbreak boot for fgx, i used to see them online but cant seem to find it anywhere
notNA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2023, 11:18 PM   #18
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by notNA View Post
hey happen to have a handbreak boot for fgx, i used to see them online but cant seem to find it anywhere
Sorry no I don't have one. There is limited stock of these left and Ford have these on restriction, so to try and get one you need to provide an image of the damaged old one, pic of the car showing VIN etc etc.
Old 24-07-2023, 04:04 PM   #19
FPV 460

hi GTL. sorry if u have previous;y answered but can i have a price and availablity for a waterpump on a 2011 gt miami. cheers. also the part number? cheers.
FPV 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2023, 05:02 PM   #20
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV 460 View Post
hi GTL. sorry if u have previous;y answered but can i have a price and availablity for a waterpump on a 2011 gt miami. cheers. also the part number? cheers.
Hi Mate,

Part number BR3Z8501H, I have this as obsolete now, but need to double check and confirm and get back to you.

GT
Old 24-07-2023, 06:44 PM   #21
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Mate,

Part number BR3Z8501H, I have this as obsolete now, but need to double check and confirm and get back to you.

GT
Further to this, confirmed obsolete, but have found a NOS one, they want $300 for it (plus postage).

GT
Old 24-07-2023, 05:35 PM   #22
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hello GT,

Would you know the name of that plate that goes from the bottom of the bumper bar and the bottom of the wheel well that contains the spare tyre and is it still available? Usually has three pop rivets. Thanks
Old 24-07-2023, 06:43 PM   #23
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
Hello GT,

Would you know the name of that plate that goes from the bottom of the bumper bar and the bottom of the wheel well that contains the spare tyre and is it still available? Usually has three pop rivets. Thanks
Hey mate,

Would help a bit if you advise what model and if sedan/ute/wagon etc.

GT
Old 24-07-2023, 06:50 PM   #24
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey mate,

Would help a bit if you advise what model and if sedan/ute/wagon etc.

GT
Sorry mate,
AU2 Year Built June 2000, sedan. 6 cyl.
Old 24-07-2023, 07:22 PM   #25
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry mate,
AU2 Year Built June 2000, sedan. 6 cyl.
Rear bumper retainer: AU217C999A, no longer available.

Rivets: W708979S300 still available.

Cheers,
GT
Old 12-08-2023, 05:50 PM   #26
Dingo
Ford T3 Partsologist

Quote:
Hello GT,

Gday

If your still chasing that rear bumper retaining plate we can help, we have 2 AU2 XR6s (June 2000 & a October 2001) that we are wrecking

Regards Dingo

2002 Blueprint T3 TE50 Manual Koni Suspension # 161

T-Series Club of Australia - www.tseriesclub.org

Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2023, 07:58 PM   #27
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh ok.
Hmmm, what would be the price on those rivets.
Thanks. Bondy
Old 24-07-2023, 10:44 PM   #28
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh ok.
Hmmm, what would be the price on those rivets.
Thanks. Bondy
Rivets are $5 each and I believe there actually be 4..
Old 24-07-2023, 10:48 PM   #29
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rivets are $5 each and I believe there actually be 4..
Thanks for letting me know.
Old 25-07-2023, 07:35 AM   #30
KRISL

Hi GT, hope you are well,
See here as I struggle to upload photos on this forum, the fg gtp fuel filter I removed (looks like stainless steel) and the new one ford supplied me ( its a genuine ford part (looks galvanized), any chance of getting the stainless looking one still?
It's not rust on the old one, looks like rust prevention and road grime.
Cheers
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=Nif5oz

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold

Last edited by KRISL; 25-07-2023 at 07:37 AM. Reason: More information