Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Which car will be more collectible in the future? 351 GTF or the VF GTS?
The 351 GTF 162 65.32%
The VF GTS 25 10.08%
Neither................ 61 24.60%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #91
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Poll/ which car will be more collectable? 351GTF or VF GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootar View Post
Sorry Rocky I didn't know I was replying to your Post before, but any way come in spinner.

Now I could mention the massive fail of the wheels dyno run against the supposedly more powerful GTS but to use your words dyno tests dont matter. By that statement I assume you are implying what wheels has just found out, and most other people know already, that the 5.0 SC Ford has the GTS covered. As Motor pitted the GTF against the R8 Clubbie then these performance numbers may be the only numbers that matter to you in deciding a winner.

GT-F 0-100 4.8 and 0-400m 13.0
VF R8 0-100 5.5 and 0-400m 13.5

Considering that Motors sister mag Wheels has already run a 12.68 in the GTF then I'm thinking motors time is conservative.

Before you get on ya high horse remember this. I was replying to bigwil's post and the comparison was between GTF and R8. Plus I do think the air in the tyres of the R8 is better and the R8's seats are a better place to beat ya self if ya choose to do so.
Wow relax no need to have attitude and get bent out of shape...its just the internet if you dont want people to reply to comments don't post anything yeah?

I wouldn't be surprised if Wheels are pulling strings and trolling the dyno number obsessed people by delaying the results to stir a little drama on their facebook page to get likes / shares etc

The GTF should have the advantage in rwkw / hp considering the 335 GT's is on par with the GTS in that regard. On the other hand if they show the torque figures the GTS should have the advantage. But does it really matter what numbers it puts out on the dyno? I would rather have the better car in the real world, out on the road. Each to their own I guess

Last edited by 40RDT; 09-07-2014 at 11:51 AM.
40RDT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #92
BHDOGS
Banned

Better car in your opinion which is wrong as always least I admit I'm biased I don't know y u can't.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #93
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm biased. I hate the GTS because i'm sick of hearing about the hype. I can admit that
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:03 AM   #94
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I bet from a distance, beyond badge reading.....most can't pick the SSV from the R8 or a GTS....
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:25 AM   #95
falcodore
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I bet from a distance, beyond badge reading.....most can't pick the SSV from the R8 or a GTS....
That would be plenty easy, the rear tail lights are a different shape and colour altogether...
falcodore is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:59 AM   #96
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcodore View Post
That would be plenty easy, the rear tail lights are a different shape and colour altogether...
Yep I'd love to see some try tho.....the r8 shares the same lights all round. The only big differences is diff shaped lower front grill/fog surrounds and the rear has little eyelashes. They all have the same aggressive type wheels/rear wings/colours and grill shapes. Maybe that's why there air LSA badge is A4 sized

Just what I've noticed!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #97
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This poll presumes, that HSV won't do a limited edition GTS for the final production run. Not something I would bet on.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #98
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The R8 doesn't have the big wing and Holden wont let you option it.

It has a lame little boot lip spoiler only.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #99
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a few months ago my daughter and her fiance were originally in the market for a FPV but alas Ford dropped the ball at dealer level. basically if there's no car to test drive then you cannot expect people to buy it. they have zero manufacturer loyalty which is why they were "shopping" and trying to compare, without the hassle of going to a major city.
Holden on the other hand, pretty much bent over backwards to help them, hence they decided on the GTS.
my daughter received her GTS the other day and tossed me the keys yesterday for a drive. fantastic car! it made my old BA GT look and feel like a mid sixties Falcon in every way possible.
looking at the GTS from an enthusiests point of view it is a fantastic driver's car but collectable?, not in my eyes as they are a regular model.
it's a damn shame in my part of the world, there are no GT-F's (or GT) to compare.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #100
andrich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Neither......

-Herrod airbox, Pacemaker 1 7/8inch headers + 100 cell cats and Xforce 2.5inch catback, SSL/SSSL with bilstein shocks and whiteline swaybars, 4 pot Brembo/Red BBR's, 18% Tint, Silver Simmons FR1's in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 , XR50 tail lights, 4.1 diff gears
andrich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #101
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Neither
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post