Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2022, 04:48 PM   #1321
tichman

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
The deluded Russian Bots think Russia is fighting Nazi’s and Satanists, but so does the Russian population.

The sad thing is that, the probably “not Australians”, that are posting on “Ford Australia Ford Forums” about their support of a murderous regime.

This Regime eliminates Political opposition, and because their military is incompetent (and backwards because they can’t “beat” the Ukrainian armed forces), they target Civilians (including children) with bombing, and their rapidly diminishing stocks of missiles.

But hey, the Regime is “winning”, because they invaded another country and murdered families and normal people, and now they have lots of looted washing machines and toilets.

The Ruzzian trolls on here will say innocent people murdered by the Ruzzian military are legitimate targets, because they’re supporting Nazi’s and Satan.

But those same trolls will never have been in a “war zone” or suffered the deprivation that comes with this sort of conflict. “But” it’s all about eliminating “Nazi’s” and “Satanists”, and these “People” are cheering for the Invaders’ “victory”.

The “troll response” then goes on about “what about”, as they try to deflect.

Ruzzia will lose, their “Mobiks” won’t get the “flowers, bread and salt”, and acceptance from normal Ukrainians that are being occupied, and Ruzzia’s economy will be ground into dust in the next 2 years.
Stop the hysteria and get better informed.
Old 20-11-2022, 04:54 PM   #1322
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tichman View Post
Fact = Russia still has some 20% of some land once called Ukraine.
It is accepted that Ukrainian losses of men is multiple times that of Russian losses.
German mobile artillery units are breaking down and wearing out from the use they have received and there are no replacement s coming for them.
Russia hasn't lost all their "newer" stuff at all. Only a fool would send their best into a small, isolated incident as that in Ukraine. Russia has not declared war against Ukraine and therefore has not geared up in a way it would do if required.
Just on tanks, if you've ever been shot at by a rifle you'll appreciate having armour to protect you. Even 1960s tanks are formidable weapons against rifles and bullets and whilst they can be taken out (as any tank can by anti tank munitions, even 2020 ones) they are still useful and required in the special military type operation underway in Ukraine.
Tank numbers by country according to globalfirepower.com and armedforces.eu

Russia 12000 odd
Nato in Europe 8000 odd

Given the fact that European Countries are reducing the amount or arms and munitions they are sending Ukraine due to running low on stock themselves, Russia has the numbers to succeed.

The "billions" that has been sent has not made much real difference on the situation there. The US and other Nato countries are cutting back what they are committing to Ukraine as they all now acknowledge it will not affect the outcome in a material way and those countries all have pressing domestic issues that their citizens are demanding be addressed.

The withdrawal from Kherson has been well documented by renown sources that acknowledge there was little strategic value in retaining it.

The fact is Ukraine is going to lose. Nothing will change that fact unless Nato goes into Ukraine which just will not happen.

The western media continues with inaccurate accounts of what is really happening in Ukraine and the state of Russia's ability to continue the special operation. Western Media and experts stated for some time that Russia was running out of missiles (all propaganda to make the naive and ignorant believe that all of the efforts of many nations and some $100 billion meant Russia was going to lose) only to find over this last week Russia has not run out of missiles or is anywhere near it when it decimated Ukrainian infrastructure with some 180 odd missiles which Ukraine could only counter by deliberately firing a missile into Poland in an amateur and failed attempt to frame Russia as attacking Poland, a clear false flag attempt from Zelotsky who, as a true comic would, keeps claiming it was a Russian Missile when Biden, Poland and others have stated it wasn't.

You can keep believing what you will from getting your information from one side of the conflict I don't mind at all. I prefer to get information from both sides, wait to see it is validated before forming my opinion. Also knowing how historic battles have been fought/turned out in the Eastern European theatre can be helpful in understanding and or predicting how this latest scrape will turn out, given the combatants in the scrape.
Given your choice of words would you happen to have a Russian background?

" Russia has not declared war against Ukraine" ... "Russia's ability to continue the special operation"
Old 20-11-2022, 04:59 PM   #1323
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
I would hesitate to say a guy with 6000 nukes will lose, he did say he would use any means necessary to defend his newly stolen land.
Backing someone into a corner and humiliating them, confiscating and perhaps even using Russias own wealth to pay for weapons used against them, well, I wouldn’t rule anything in or out just yet.
The trolls will say Ruzzia will win, in fact they love the fact that innocent people and their infrastructure is being targeted, the more people being murdered the better for them.

These trolls, don’t know war, they know video games.

There will be some compromise down the track, and Putler will be humiliated, but in the mean time, there will be many people that’ll die before then.

But I’m tipping a troll on Ford Forums won’t be affected, but will keep posting Ruzzian propaganda, that troll is probably a coward that has never served in any armed forces, that person probably doesn’t have children either.
Old 20-11-2022, 05:22 PM   #1324
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What does a defeat for Putin look like?

A couple of months ago, any talks of negotiations with Putin was unthinkable. He is suppose to pay such a heavy price that this cannot happen again. Don't think we are anywhere near that, yet now there is a push to have Zelendskyy come to the table. What's changed?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2022, 05:58 PM   #1325
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatmann View Post
Hey burnz,
I’ve never heard of America selling weapons to Germany in World War 2. Seems a bit unlikely as well seeing given the Nazi’s views on everything not German and how much better the German weapons often were.
I’ve heard about American companies in Germany (Fanta was invented by Coca-Cola Germany because they couldn’t get the ingredient for Coke!) but not weapons.
Also America’s Neutrality Acts from 1935 which were meant to prevent arms shipments to foreign countries.
Got any sources? My googling didn’t come up with much.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria...ng_ww2_before/
https://libcom.org/article/how-allie...t-world-war-ii
https://www.americanforeignrelations...ld-war-ii.html
research Henry ford, Pittsberg steel, ministry of war (usa)
Old 20-11-2022, 06:38 PM   #1326
tichman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post

" Russia has not declared war against Ukraine" ... "Russia's ability to continue the special operation"
My paternal grandfather was an Australian from Marrickville Sydney and maternal grandfather of German decent so no, no Russian in my blood.
Old 20-11-2022, 06:56 PM   #1327
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

In the end the genetics don’t matter, it’s the way they’ve been brought up, and the way they disrespect civilised culture.

Good people can’t change that, those others will just troll and carry on about how killing people in Ukraine is Ok.

It’s all very sad unfortunately.
Old 20-11-2022, 07:01 PM   #1328
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going to be interesting to come back to some of these posts once its all over, see if anyone actually had a clue what they were talking about
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
5 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2022, 07:09 PM   #1329
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
Going to be interesting to come back to some of these posts once its all over, see if anyone actually had a clue what they were talking about
Those that support the Russian invasion and the murder of thousands of Ukrainians (here on this forum) won’t be forgotten regardless of the outcome.

Let’s list them, and remember who they are when this war is finished.
Old 20-11-2022, 07:37 PM   #1330
tichman

If you really think you are open minded and looking to see what someone with battle experience on the US side from Iraq in the days of despatching Saddam has to say, take a listen to what facts these US guys discuss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1KwR4rXOC8

Stop the hysteria, get informed.
Old 20-11-2022, 07:41 PM   #1331
tichman

Quote:
Those that support the Russian invasion and the murder of thousands of Ukrainians (here on this forum) won’t be forgotten regardless of the outcome.

Let’s list them, and remember who they are when this war is finished.
Got the nads to say the same for those who remained quiet whilst Ukraine bombed and murdered civilians in the Donbass for 7 odd years or was that something else you are ignorant of?

Stop the hysteria, get informed.
Old 20-11-2022, 07:48 PM   #1332
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Whilst on the topic of factually accepted losses, the Pentagon estimated it was pretty even earlier this month.

More than 100,000 Russian military casualties in Ukraine, top U.S. general says

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Nov 9 (Reuters) - America's top general estimated on Wednesday that Russia's military had seen more than 100,000 of its soldiers killed and wounded in Ukraine, and added Kyiv's armed forces "probably" suffered a similar level of casualties in the war.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...al-2022-11-10/

Where Russia is the clear winner is inflicting civilian casualties. It's the Russian way of war...

United Nations Ukraine: civilian casualty update 7 November 2022

Quote:
Total civilian casualties from 24 February to 6 November 2022

From 24 February to 6 November 2022, OHCHR recorded 16,462 civilian casualties in Ukraine: 6,490 killed and 9,972 injured.
https://www.ohchr.org/en/news/2022/1...nown)%3B%20and
Old 20-11-2022, 07:52 PM   #1333
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Good people can’t change that, those others will just troll and carry on about how killing people in Ukraine is Ok.
Yeh maybe take a breath there fella. Don't think anyone here has ever said killing people in Ukraine ok. Maybe give those copy and paste keys a bit of break.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 20-11-2022, 07:56 PM   #1334
tichman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Whilst on the topic of factually accepted losses, the Pentagon estimated it was pretty even earlier this month.

Where Russia is the clear winner is inflicting civilian casualties. It's the Russian way of war...

Ahhh the good ole pentagon said so therefore it must be truthful huh....
Take a look, what have you got to lose?
Old 20-11-2022, 07:58 PM   #1335
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

This is the Russian Trolls here loving “their war”.

“We’ve murdered a lot of Ukrainians”

Seriously demented individuals.
Old 20-11-2022, 08:37 PM   #1336
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

Sorry, not clicking on YouTubes produced by discredited, bitter ex military from either side. More than happy to look at anything you can offer up that has the research status of the UN or similar. I’m sure you understand that.
Old 20-11-2022, 08:52 PM   #1337
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Sorry, not clicking on YouTubes produced by discredited, bitter ex military from either side. More than happy to look at anything you can offer up that has the research status of the UN or similar. I’m sure you understand that.
Russian trolls don’t understand, especially those that have a ”bitter hate” for the country that “pays” their way, and the country they live in, like Australia.

I’m a believer of people that are haters of places that “we” live in, being sent back to their “real” homes like this guy (maybe in Ruzzia).
Old 21-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #1338
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Wasting your time on these guys especially anyone with a 2xxx postcode...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 21-11-2022, 05:09 PM   #1339
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
i understand the sore arsed generals..

so what your saying is you only trust sauce, from UN, WHO, Pentagon,
only western media that follow the narrative??

CNN?? CNBC??
Old 21-11-2022, 05:23 PM   #1340
burnz
VFII SS UTE

live feeds taxi
https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/ukraine.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDOATjr0oC8

all quiet on the streets
Old 21-11-2022, 05:24 PM   #1341
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
i understand the sore arsed generals..

so what your saying is you only trust sauce, from UN, WHO, Pentagon,
only western media that follow the narrative??

CNN?? CNBC??
I didn't say anything about "trust" or "sauce"

I'll listen to anyone or any organization that has put the hard yards in, has a research-based background and has a proven history in what they do. So the UN fits that, as does the Pentagon, CIA, MI6, FSB, Chinese Secret Service, BBC, Fox News, etc.

Unfortunately that excludes ex-military people who run Youtube channels and b!tchute
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2022, 05:38 PM   #1342
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
No snow on the Taxi site?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2gC37ILQmk
Old 21-11-2022, 05:44 PM   #1343
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

I'll listen to anyone or any organization that has put the hard yards in, has a research-based background and has a proven history in what they do. So the UN fits that, as does the Pentagon, CIA, MI6, FSB, Chinese Secret Service, BBC, Fox News, etc.
ROFL...you didn't really mean that did you? Second thoughts..yeah..you did.....

Let you in on a secret...the biggest financial contributor to the UN..is.......??????

You -Ess- Aye...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 21-11-2022, 05:44 PM   #1344
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
if you click on the cam it takes you live.

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/russia...quare-cam.html
Old 21-11-2022, 05:52 PM   #1345
PhilT2

Quote:
It's all the power failures, cameras with no electricity can't see snow. Or the movement of military equipment and political leaders. Believing that there is real live feeds provided in the middle of a war zone is a bit of a stretch for me.
Old 21-11-2022, 05:57 PM   #1346
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
ROFL...you didn't really mean that did you? Second thoughts..yeah..you did.....

Let you in on a secret...the biggest financial contributor to the UN..is.......??????

You -Ess- Aye...
Rubbish. It's the Lizard-People, isn't it? I'm sure of it
Old 21-11-2022, 05:58 PM   #1347
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I didn't say anything about "trust" or "sauce"

Unfortunately that excludes ex-military people who run Youtube channels and b!tchute
One of things, when looking at posts here, is to look at the intelligent posts (especially of the regular trolls).

Things like “sauce vs “source” come to mind.

“Dumb people” tend to gravitate to conspiracies and far “left wing” or “right wing” nonsense.

We have our answer on dumb people here, it is about “sauce”.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2022, 05:58 PM   #1348
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
It's all the power failures, cameras with no electricity can't see snow. Or the movement of military equipment and political leaders. Believing that there is real live feeds provided in the middle of a war zone is a bit of a stretch for me.
On the youtube link I put up there's 16 cameras, most have time and date on them
Old 21-11-2022, 06:16 PM   #1349
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Rubbish. It's the Lizard-People, isn't it? I'm sure of it
I said in my post above, dumb people post on forums like this, and spread their dumb conspiracies, these dumb people are generally poorly educated, or they have no respect for life (in relation to war).

Can I switch my tax from dumb people on Centrelink to something else please Albo ?
Old 21-11-2022, 06:19 PM   #1350
PhilT2

Quote:
On the youtube link I put up there's 16 cameras, most have time and date on them
You're right, seems to be real time and a fair amount of activity. Not as much as would be expected in a city of 2 mil. But not as bad as I thought it would have been if the stories of severe power and fuel shortages were true.
Closed Thread