Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #1351
Boss260ford

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

hey,
how good was it to see Ford win at the Clipsal 500.
cheers
Ray
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #1352
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss260ford
hey,
how good was it to see Ford win at the Clipsal 500.
cheers
Ray
It was a great win indeed Ray. Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluexr6auiiute
Hey all,
Just thought id put some pics of my ute so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5316675...n/photostream/
Welcome I like the paint job. Great to see something unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbxy
Hey all
been a long time ford owner.
I have a ford ba xr6 non turbo 03 it does not have the traction control button and it is always spinning wheels in the wet it does have float diff in it but a new lsd unit is going in next week.
So i guess my question is can traction control be added to these cars after they have left the factory.
would like to get it done as the misses also drives the car and i dont wont to see her crash it from a spin out in the wet.
Thanks
Not sure about the Traction control but if you ask in the contemporary section or general tech....someone should be able to help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8-madness08
Hi all i own 1999 au forte wagon 4.0 auto and a 1991 xf ute 4.1 auto with rebuilt el 4.0 turbo motor in shed awaiting me to fit post photos soon cheers mick a true blue oval lover
Looking forward to seeing pics Mick. Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12mm_socket
Hi y'all I'm the socket that keeps getting lost, hence the reason I'm here to read and learn
Great user name. Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyr
hi there names jay currently working on a 82 XE s'pack just had a 351 clevo put into it
Sounds like a great combo Jay. Looking forward to hearing more about your ride. Sadly you do not see that many XE's around anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcroft
Hi All

New member site looks great and own a ford territory 07 rwd tx

Cheers
Aaron
Welcome aboard Aaron. I am sure the members in the Territory section will be able to answer any questions you might have. There is some great info in there.

Cheers
Col
Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #1353
hayden cherring

hi im hayden from nz. i love fords i own a el fairmont ghia 6cyl hapi to be here love the v8 super cars and back stone brothers ford sure.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #1354
steve021

Hi All
Just joined the forum today and looking forward to reading all the threads. As seems to be the case with many Territory owners i am chasing down a latch for the dash staorage box after fixing it once already and like others don;t want to pay $350 for a piece of plastic.

Can anyone suggest wher ei might get one in Perth - I will try the wreckers.

Thanks all
Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #1355
ozyute

Hi guys good to be back (sold my ute some time ago big mistake xr6 au
red) old name au6ute
regards daryl

ozyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #1356
Thekaptone

Howdy first post to say Hi , just bought a 2005 Terry with 89000 on the clock it in mint condition and i must say that I am much much happier with it than i thought i would be , still settling in but it feels great and almost like i have had it for a long time, traded my vs wagon for it

TheKaptone
Thekaptone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #1357
dylan.1989
Starter Motor

Talking hey guys......... new member here is my falcon bf sr

dylan.1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #1358
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: hey guys......... new member here is my falcon bf sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan.1989
hey guys......... new member here is my falcon bf sr
Welcome to AFF.
Pics didn't work mate. Follow the guide in my signature if you need to.
Post the pics in THIS thread
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #1359
stephanie b
Starter Motor

hi all . i have a problem with my ford fairmonts fan for the aircon not going off. ford no longer make the part and local wreckers do not have it. what can i do

Stephanie and jim
stephanie b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #1360
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie b
hi all . i have a problem with my ford fairmonts fan for the aircon not going off. ford no longer make the part and local wreckers do not have it. what can i do

Stephanie and jim
welcome to aff

a bit of info on location and what year and model would make it a bit easier for one of the many people that are willing to answer you

hope you find out the info you need

and welcome to the others above

hope you enjoy your time here

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #1361
UK Mach1 dude

Hiya, joined your forum years ago and have been lurking about. Thought it was time I introduced myself. I'm from England and have a 1970 Mustang Mach1 which has a 351 Cleveland with 302closed chamber heads.

I would love to own an XA or XB coupe, XA's are my favourite but Falcon coupes are very rare over here, I have only seen 3 or 4 ever!

Anyways, love the tech articles and the clevo engine section has helped me in planning my new engine for my Mach1, you guys certainly know clevelands.

Thanks from the UK.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #1362
nicholsonjim

Hi Guy's I am a new member with a t mod ford bucket and I live in Sydney
The rod was imported from the states built by total performance in 1980.
I have a question would like to ask members. To perform the task of turning I have to rotate the steering wheel a lot. as the car turns you over steer i have to do a lot correcting is this common for this type of car do I have a steering problem. Is it possiable to install power steering has anyone gone down this road
any ideas
Jim
Old 08-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #1363
poorey
Starter Motor

Hi guys. Ive been in your forums fishing up ideas and getting alot of information from your forums. Thought I'd better I introduce myself. Hopefully I can jump in some of you guy's posts.

Cheers
poorey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #1364
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorey
Hi guys. Ive been in your forums fishing up ideas and getting alot of information from your forums. Thought I'd better I introduce myself. Hopefully I can jump in some of you guy's posts.

Cheers
Welcome to AFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Mach1 dude
Hiya, joined your forum years ago and have been lurking about. Thought it was time I introduced myself. I'm from England and have a 1970 Mustang Mach1 which has a 351 Cleveland with 302closed chamber heads.

I would love to own an XA or XB coupe, XA's are my favourite but Falcon coupes are very rare over here, I have only seen 3 or 4 ever!

Anyways, love the tech articles and the clevo engine section has helped me in planning my new engine for my Mach1, you guys certainly know clevelands.

Thanks from the UK.
Nice 'Stang - and welcome. Glad to hear that our members have been of help. They are a great bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsonjim
Hi Guy's I am a new member with a t mod ford bucket and I live in Sydney
The rod was imported from the states built by total performance in 1980.
I have a question would like to ask members. To perform the task of turning I have to rotate the steering wheel a lot. as the car turns you over steer i have to do a lot correcting is this common for this type of car do I have a steering problem. Is it possible to install power steering has anyone gone down this road
any ideas
Jim
Hi Jim

Best place to ask is on one of the classic tech sections - I know we have a couple of other buckets on here so I'm sure you'll get some guidance.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #1365
buddah1212

Howdy all,

My 1st post! woo hoo.
Will post some pics of my ride shortly
Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #1366
buddah1212

howdy all,
Im Wes from Syd. My 1st post...woo hoo, glad I found this forum.
Will post pics up of my ride shortly.
I drive an 06 F6 Phoon completely stock
Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #1367
damien613
Starter Motor

hi everyone - I just broke my ford virginity after just buying an EF falcon to replace my tired old hiace van. thought I would join the forum to get some tips and help for when things go wrong!!!
already a little sketchy on the car as the sale / roadworthy seemed to be dodgy!!! argh! oh well hoping you guys are friendly enough and will help me out as I fix things...
damien613 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #1368
XRGreat
Starter Motor

Hi all, I suppose I should post as intro as I have been a reader of the site for a year or so now. I've owned Falcons from the XK (my first car in 1972courtesy of Dad), XT, XA GT (Wild Violet), XB Interceptor, XF SPack, EA SPack, EF Fairmont, AU XR8, AU11 XR8, AU111 XR8, 2004 BA GTP, 2007 F6 Typhoon RSpec, 2008 FG F6 Manual and finally a Viper FG F6 Auto. As you can see I am a dyed in the wool Ford man. I have transgressed twice though, once to a WRX Suby and have a Disco 4 to keep my FG F6 company at present. I can post pic's of F6 which is to have an XForce stainless 3.5 inch exhaust fitted next week. Hi to all I hope I posted correctly!!
XRGreat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #1369
MattyFGXR
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day all, been a while, formerly known as MatsAU1, bought a business, started a family, bought a Landrover (big mistake!) I've learnt from that one
Back in a beloved Ford & man they've changed since the AU's I had. I've got a stock 2009 shockwave XR6, 5 speed auto, 45kms on the dial. LOve it to bits, auto has taken a bit of getting used to but it's all good. Looking forward to participating in the forum, great to see Casper is still around. Top stuff, cheers guys.
Mat
MattyFGXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #1370
rowie77
Starter Motor

G'day all,

I have been coming to Ford Forums for years and use this site exclusively for any technical ford issues I have. Yeah I know I should've said hi earlier
I have a 2005 Tx Territory bog-stock family kublewagen.
My dream Ford would be a ZC Fairlane (GT40 is still king)

G'day all

Rowie
rowie77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #1371
hales
Starter Motor

Hi all, just joined. I've got an old EL & thinking of updating to a BA but find my foot rubs against the wall when I press on the accelerator pedal.

Can this be altered?

Thx
hales is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #1372
Robyne
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all, I'm a jube just joined ford forum (altho owned fords most of my life)! Look forward (excuse the pun) to getting to know you all after I've navigated about and set up my profile and individuality.... cheers
Robyne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #1373
Busso
Starter Motor

I am a 69 year old widow and have just taken ownership of my second Fiesta. I had one that my husband bought for me but had someone rear end me recently so needed a new car. I have a beautiful Wtlx hatch in chili orange. Love it. My only concern is the lack of a spare tyre. I don't feel comfortable with just a sealant and tyre inflator. But I don't have the necessary dollars to purchase tyre kit. Insurance mostly paid for new car but what extra money I had paid the extra.

Live in Wesg Aus. So travel many country miles.
Busso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #1374
TOOQWK
Starter Motor

Hi all,
I saw an xr50 turbo in nitro this morning with a Force Fed Ford sticker and this web address. So here I am. I own an xr50 turbo sedan manual in viper ( purple). I'm looking forward to learning more about my car and what I can do to make it better.
Cheers Andy
TOOQWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #1375
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busso
I am a 69 year old widow and have just taken ownership of my second Fiesta. I had one that my husband bought for me but had someone rear end me recently so needed a new car. I have a beautiful Wtlx hatch in chili orange. Love it. My only concern is the lack of a spare tyre. I don't feel comfortable with just a sealant and tyre inflator. But I don't have the necessary dollars to purchase tyre kit. Insurance mostly paid for new car but what extra money I had paid the extra.

Live in Wesg Aus. So travel many country miles.

Welcome.

Those tyre inflators are probably not the best bet when you do a lot of highway miles. You could look around some wreckers and see if you can get a spare and tyre change kit second hand. Do they have room to fit a spare?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #1376
Busso
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Welcome.

Those tyre inflators are probably not the best bet when you do a lot of highway miles. You could look around some wreckers and see if you can get a spare and tyre change kit second hand. Do they have room to fit a spare?

Thank you. I had thought that I might get up my courage and visit some wreckers. Things like that are a little out of my comfort zone and i dont think we have much to choose from in mytown.There is a well for a spare, though probably only deep enough for a"skinny" spare.
Busso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #1377
Blueduggy
PX Ranger XLT

I have never owned a Ford. Ordered a XLT Ranger in October 2011 and still waiting. Am assured my car is built and will be here in a few weeks. Then two weeks for delivery. Hope they're right as on April 30 I leave on a Kimberley holiday that I have had planned for several months. Not relishing the idea of a 10,000km trip in a vehicle I have hardly driven. Hope it goes ok but I am not encouraged by posts on this site regarding some problems with the new Ranger.
Blueduggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #1378
Robyne
Starter Motor

You've never owned a FORD before, Blueduggy...? OMG, you will never know yourself now...
Robyne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #1379
ufp
Starter Motor

Hello Everyone

I am new here, I have a Ford BA futura 2003 and want to give it a xr6 look
it is a single fuel lpg model my name is Lee
thanks
ufp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #1380
Red Baron

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi ,How are you going?First post for me.My names Grant, I live in NZ.I Drag Race a XY Falcon ,which I have raced for 18 years.Currently running a 362 cube SVO combination NA to 10.2, the cars fairly heavy at 3300 lbs and has the G/Top Street record here.Always been into V8 Fords and have owned one since I was 18 and XY's since I was 20,which is quite a while ago.
Red Baron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post