Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-06-2024, 02:31 PM   #121
juzzmagic
Starter Motor

Default Re: GWM Ute..anyone looked at them closely?

My experience with GWM @ (-------) has been quite a journey. I purchased the GWM Cannon back in February 2024, and for the first five months, everything was going smoothly. However, recently, I encountered a major issue: when I tried to start the car, the push-button start wouldn't work, and various warning lights flashed on the screen like Christmas lights. It looks like the car will need to be towed back to GWM @(--------)

Here's a rundown of the work done on the car so far: I've had a tow bar, canopy, subwoofer under the seat, and a light bar installed. All of these modifications were professionally done by my mechanic. When it comes to warranty work, the service center at GWM @(-------) requires receipts for any modifications so they can submit them to GWM. Anything done by the owner gets recorded and noted, then submitted to GWM.

For example, even something as minor as poking a wire through a grommet in the engine bay could be scrutinized. The service department tends to pick and choose any modifications that might have caused a problem, ultimately to avoid a warranty claim. Currently, I've had to drag the car back to my home and strip off all the modifications to bring it back to factory stock. This was the recommendation from the service people at GWM @(---------)

It's clear that GWM @(--------) prioritizes profit over customer service. They seem to focus on nit-picking any potential faults to avoid honoring warranty claims. Customer service is out the window as they make every effort to dodge responsibility and put the burden on the customer.

watch this space for further updates asap.....
juzzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-06-2024, 03:38 PM   #122
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Dont break a headlight, grille, Bumper, etc, ordered parts January this year, just recieved them Today.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2024, 04:11 PM   #123
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

sounds like they are following Insurance companies stratergy, don't honour anything unless the customer keeps being a pest over the months till they go away.

Good luck mate, sounds like a absolute cluster F, having to strip everything off is a joke but thats the game they expect you to play.

prktkljokr, yer I know your a beater from memory.
Seems anything chinese branded has way longer wait lead times than some other marques.
My silly neighbour has a BYD, got side scrapped many many months ago, still waiting on his beater recieving parts.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2024, 04:55 PM   #124
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post

prktkljokr, yer I know your a beater from memory.
Seems anything chinese branded has way longer wait lead times than some other marques.
My silly neighbour has a BYD, got side scrapped many many months ago, still waiting on his beater recieving parts.
Yep currently have about 13 Chinese cars waiting for parts, it seems they dont stock anything, so you have to order, they give you a bull crap estimate on when you will see it, then they pencil it in when they next manufacturer the part that you need one, if you are lucky you might see it within months, but its like playing lotto, 3 - 4 months is the norm.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2024, 05:21 PM   #125
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Anyone had any experience with SsangYong? The Musso seems like a better deal at the moment than the Chinese if in the market for a 'budget' ute.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2024, 06:35 PM   #126
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Anyone had any experience with SsangYong? The Musso seems like a better deal at the moment than the Chinese if in the market for a 'budget' ute.
I know the older ones had problems with injectors or glow plugs seizing into the head, apart from them being ugly back then, they were reliable
Old 07-06-2024, 07:07 PM   #127
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
I know the older ones had problems with injectors or glow plugs seizing into the head, apart from them being ugly back then, they were reliable
Don't they just run a Hyundai 2.2 now? My parents have almost 500000km on their Santa Fe and it's only done a turbo in that time.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2024, 07:31 PM   #128
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post

Yep and amongst other quality issues - and doubt their service to customer would be anything to test.
Why bother when there are other options.
Want a cheap reliable and numbered servicing options and parts go Triton.
Not Chinese money but at least it’s a known qty and cheapest of the main brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2024, 06:43 PM   #129
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep and amongst other quality issues - and doubt their service to customer would be anything to test.
Not Chinese money but at least it’s a known qty and cheapest of the main brands.

That was very true up until MR. The new MV is no longer a straight up bargain.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2024, 07:00 PM   #130
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

How do they stack up against Hilux Ranger model to model now ?
Surely they are not to those levels but I’ll look into it unless you can already advise.

Old 09-06-2024, 07:34 PM   #131
Rastas

Quote:
Surely they are not to those levels but I’ll look into it unless you can already advise.

Well there's a BYD Shark ute coming soon with superior everything and a 5.7 0 to 100 , so put that on your shopping list also.
Rastas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2024, 08:55 PM   #132
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

On Carsales, a brand new MV GLS (standard, non Deluxe option) is listed from $63,670 DA (Vic), where a Ranger XLT Bi Turbo ranges from $69k to just under $72k. For the sake of $6-7k personally I’d be cross shopping the two, where as with the MR some models were $9k cheaper.

To go by MLP, a GLS is $59,090, where as an XLT Bi Turbo goes for $63,640.

Last edited by Adamz Ghia; 09-06-2024 at 09:01 PM.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2024, 08:58 PM   #133
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

My old man picked up a Triton GLS (whish is one roughly XLT Spec) in 2019 (i think, might of been late 2018) for $40k D/a in manual. Was $42k with the 3 pce hard cover and tub liner. He still has it and its light years ahead of the Chinese stuff, and still has more power and torque than the GWM Ute. That model was always the value buy of the segment. New one, apparently not so much which is a shame...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2024, 09:15 PM   #134
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzmagic View Post
My experience with GWM @ (-------) has been quite a journey. I purchased the GWM Cannon back in February 2024, and for the first five months, everything was going smoothly. However, recently, I encountered a major issue: when I tried to start the car, the push-button start wouldn't work, and various warning lights flashed on the screen like Christmas lights. It looks like the car will need to be towed back to GWM @(--------)

Here's a rundown of the work done on the car so far: I've had a tow bar, canopy, subwoofer under the seat, and a light bar installed. All of these modifications were professionally done by my mechanic. When it comes to warranty work, the service center at GWM @(-------) requires receipts for any modifications so they can submit them to GWM. Anything done by the owner gets recorded and noted, then submitted to GWM.

For example, even something as minor as poking a wire through a grommet in the engine bay could be scrutinized. The service department tends to pick and choose any modifications that might have caused a problem, ultimately to avoid a warranty claim. Currently, I've had to drag the car back to my home and strip off all the modifications to bring it back to factory stock. This was the recommendation from the service people at GWM @(---------)

It's clear that GWM @(--------) prioritizes profit over customer service. They seem to focus on nit-picking any potential faults to avoid honoring warranty claims. Customer service is out the window as they make every effort to dodge responsibility and put the burden on the customer.

watch this space for further updates asap.....
Sounds no different to my work mate when his Ranger had warranty issues, the dealership blamed & scrutinised all his aftersales add ons.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post