Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 13-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #121
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

quick get it, before it gets to the rest of our cars
Old 13-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #122
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are we color coding our cars this time? Who is having doors open?

EVL.54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #123
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

I dont care the only mods i have are front grill and Foot Sils and means ill have to vacume my car if i open them lol
EAK33Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #124
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least you have fancy foot sils...... I've been meaning to buy some since i bought the car lol

Old 13-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #125
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg's GT
I hope that includes your hillbilly mountain cousins from down south?
Really glad to see you can make it Adam
Im always stoked to see my southern cousins.

Old 13-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #126
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Might open the doors, I'll see how I go tomorrow (we are closing our office every Friday thanks to the new fair work laws) polishing and cleaning up BOTH cars!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #127
Rob-bfGTP

I notice that this event's entry form gives people the option for their cars NOT to be judged. Some of you may recall Meg's vehement opposition to my previous suggestion to the FTF Club about possibly including one or two extra categories to cover B-series cars in next year's show. Meg stated that she does not care at all about trophies ...
that these shows are not about trophies .... supported by Frank (Fox), who made out as though I was self-serving with my suggestion, when this was far from it.

I briefly explained to Adam the other week what my purpose was - that it was in line with your club's B-series show in Parkes later this year which will cater for the B-series cars with so many categories included to be judged. I had only suggested one or two extra categories for the Fords in the Park show, yet Meg, who is organising the B-series show, responded that based on my suggestion, we may as well present every car with a trophy!

Anyway, in view of Meg's and Frank's comments, I would expect that they elect to have their cars NOT judged this Sunday, and in any future shows that offers this option.

Further, I put it to Meg that if these shows are not about trophies at all, then to save your club money on trophies, she should cancel all those B-series categories in the Parkes show, and leave it as per the first column categories only - just like the FTF club run show. The entrants to be notified and based on Meg's logic, the numbers attending should not decrease.

However, I think the FTF Club would disagree, and that is why they will be adding what was not only suggested by me, but also by the judges and other entrants, more categories in their show next year, totally 20 altogether.

Once again I hope my comments are viewed in the spirit given, but I somehow doubt it based on the sensitivities easily stirred up last time.

Robert H.
Rob-bfGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #128
Joey_Falcon
Powered By Ford

Hey guys I'd like to come along. Wont bring my car though cause its all smashed up (but still drivable). I'tll be good to meet you guys and check out your cars.
I'll be there on Sunday.
Joey_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #129
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-baGTP
I notice that this event's entry form gives people the option for their cars NOT to be judged. Some of you may recall Meg's vehement opposition to my previous suggestion to the FTF Club about possibly including one or two extra categories to cover B-series cars in next year's show. Meg stated that she does not care at all about trophies ...
that these shows are not about trophies .... supported by Frank (Fox), who made out as though I was self-serving with my suggestion, when this was far from it.

I briefly explained to Adam the other week what my purpose was - that it was in line with your club's B-series show in Parkes later this year which will cater for the B-series cars with so many categories included to be judged. I had only suggested one or two extra categories for the Fords in the Park show, yet Meg, who is organising the B-series show, responded that based on my suggestion, we may as well present every car with a trophy!

Anyway, in view of Meg's and Frank's comments, I would expect that they elect to have their cars NOT judged this Sunday, and in any future shows that offers this option.

Further, I put it to Meg that if these shows are not about trophies at all, then to save your club money on trophies, she should cancel all those B-series categories in the Parkes show, and leave it as per the first column categories only - just like the FTF club run show. The entrants to be notified and based on Meg's logic, the numbers attending should not decrease.

However, I think the FTF Club would disagree, and that is why they will be adding what was not only suggested by me, but also by the judges and other entrants, more categories in their show next year, totally 20 altogether.

Once again I hope my comments are viewed in the spirit given, but I somehow doubt it based on the sensitivities easily stirred up last time.

Robert H.
Just to clarify some points:
1. Trophy categories for the B-Series Nationals was set the first year. I was NOT involved in organising it then. Majority of people going know what the essence of B-Series Nationals is about and it's not the trophies. If your not happy with it then don't attend.

2. The thread about Fords In The Park (which was subsequently deleted) seen you state there should have been more trophies for each series/model of car. I replied if they did that then you may as well hand each entrant a trophy at the gate and as the show was to raise funds for the childrens hospital then that would severely decrease the donation. I just thought it was pretty poor form to post publicly when your personal opinion could have been taken to PM to one of the shows committee. By posting it publicly it seemed you were only looking for reactions. You had your opinion and I had mine and both were valid.

3. If you had read this thread you would see Frank is no longer able to attend.

4. The B-Series Club is not an official club, therefore there is no kitty to fall back on. All entry fees for B-Series Nationals go towards shared public liability and trophies.
If funds (and by that I mean if numbers of entrants allow) we try and have as many trophies/awards possible so that a large percentage of attendees go home with something. The trophy list you've seen on the entry form is not the be all and end all. As attendees last year can confirm there were trophies given out that weren't on the list. For the record the cars are judged by peers so it's as fair as anyone can make it.

5. Also, "I" am not organsing B-Series Nationals, it is a joint effort.

6. I'm going to the Tilligerry Show to support the Newcastle guys who wholeheartedly support B-Series Nationals and to catch up with friends. The car will be on display and if it scores a trophy then good for it, if it doesn't then who cares. There won't be any tears or tantrums down the freeway from me.

If you wanted to have a go at me then I would have preferred it was taken to PM not hijack a thread which I have nothing to do with other than attending the show.
I didn't go into you clubs area and post up my thoughts of what I think *you* should do when attending a show or god forbid help to organise one.

Geesh Rob, I don't know what your problem is but it's obvious you have issues with me, and that's odd because I have never met you.
If your going to Tilligerry then come and speak to me because I am at a loss and frankly I don't know why you see fit to publicly attack me over something so trivial.
I don't know why you've chosen this thread to bring it up but can only assume it's because you've read the attendance list and seen my name down.
Please, put an end to it. It's crazy.
We all respect our cars and the friends that go along with them. Let's keep it that way.

Respectfully,
Meg
Meg's GT's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #130
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Just a quick point here concerning the B Series Nationals @ Parkes.

There are a number of people organising this event; Meg has slotted in as the public face of the team, a role which is supported by the rest of us, who are doing the work.
Anyone with issues with this event can take it to PM as I don't intend for one of us to be criticised for the work of all.

Another thing this thread is related to another event, not the Nationals.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #131
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-baGTP

Robert H.
Probably better you air your concerns such as these in a PM rather than in an open forum. Being of a personal nature and considering Meg is at a loss to explain why you feel this way enough to write it publicly, perhaps you should contact her directly to sort out whatever your issue is
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #132
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL.54L
Are we color coding our cars this time? Who is having doors open?
what do you meen by color code the cars? like put all the cars that are the same colour together or something?
sorry haha first show n shine I'v been to with you guys.
Old 14-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #133
EVL.54L
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .OZZY.
what do you meen by color code the cars? like put all the cars that are the same colour together or something?
sorry haha first show n shine I'v been to with you guys.
Haha yeah mate, after i wrote it i had a thought that it didnt really make sense.... Yeah have same color cars 2gether. How's your car going Matt? gonna be ready im guessing?

Old 14-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #134
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

Yeh going to pick it up this afternoon about 3 o'clock. Just in time
Old 14-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #135
fox270
The Fox

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising and running the AFF team at the Nulon national events. 

Lets hope this Rob-bagt doesn't ruin all this caues he wants to air silly things on a public forum. Sorry I can't make it guys but I was hoping to catch up with you all. Hope we can catch up soon.
Hope you all have a great day.

Rapid means fast..
F6

Oztek Performance
fox270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #136
FLUTTERINN

Thumbs up

HECK NO!!! lol!!! Lets have a rip-snorter of a day as we usually do! Im going to open my doors to display my absolutely pristine interior...lol and hopefully I will remember the picnic rug too!!
love to all, just gotta start washin the car now... wish Danny was here!
Old 14-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #137
dat_40l

hmmm i should wash my car too lol it can wait till tomorrow lol i hope its not to dusty out there, as we all know how dirty black cars get lol
Old 14-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #138
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Im fairly sure that I can speak for all the bseries people attending this show in respect to trophies. None of us are even vaguely interested in a trophy of any kind, its simply a day out, to meet up with friends for a bit of a cruise and to admire each others and the 200 other cars that will be in the show.

The main reason the show is even on, is to support a very worthy charity being the Nicholastrust, with ALL proceeds being donated to this charity (see post #1, a bit below the entry form for all the Nicholastrust details). And besides the fact that we enjoy a day out like this, is the only reason I have been promoting the event.

But anyway the weather on Sunday is forecast to have a top of 22deg with a possible shower, lets hope the rain stays away and we all have a beut day.

Last edited by Spitfire 6.2; 14-05-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Typo
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #139
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

Well just resprayed my front grill from the rusty colour to a sexy black again and bought my self a K & N Filter well see how she goes

Be up at sunrise sunday to wash the car as i cant garage it so the dew will make it horrible by sunday
Old 14-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #140
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

Sounds good Chad, love that Ego, takes a bit to keep at its best but.
Old 14-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #141
Mrs Boss
FPV GT 290

Hey all,
finally got on to site.
Cant wait for Sunday. I have a few donations that have been given to me from Armour All,Repco and still waiting for Sonax or Penrite to come to the party.But still should still be able to raise some money for the foundation.
I have picked the site that i thought would suit our group the best! In the middle close to shade. The organizer of the show and I are very excited and he has already invited us back for next year.
He would like all of us to give feed back at the end of the day,(please remember he has paid for this out of his own pocket).Also for some who have forgotten that we originally bought these cars, for our pleasure and not material ......... things,and not for anyone else or any other reason!I love my old GT and that's all I need and good company of good friends...oh and maybe a beer every now and then..LOL
The main reason for the day is to help make sick (very sick) kids comfortable and happy!!!!!!!! Please don't forget that.
Cheers,
Tracey
Mrs Boss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #142
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Good work Tracey! Can't wait!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 14-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #143
Mrs Boss
FPV GT 290

Yay!!! Thank you. So how are the head lights now Jasen.I hope the right ones this time.
Old 15-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #144
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

mmmmmm Beer
Old 15-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #145
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Boss
Yay!!! Thank you. So how are the head lights now Jasen.I hope the right ones this time.
Yeah they are right, thanks. Always appreciate your 'help with these parts' too.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 15-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #146
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

which way is everyone heading up? turn off at the tomago turn or up thru heatherbrae then around the dam? I'll meet you all somewhere around those locations. well im off to clean the T, and bolt up my simmons.

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #147
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

A late entry hey Wil? Thats great.

Was thinking of going via Tomago Rd, but we can go the dam way if you want to meet us along the way.
Leaving Bero at 7.45, and will be around the Terrace about 10 min later.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #148
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

Thought we was leaving at 7:30 mark

Make ya mind up :P
Old 15-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #149
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Mark
A late entry hey Wil? Thats great.

Was thinking of going via Tomago Rd, but we can go the dam way if you want to meet us along the way.
Leaving Bero at 7.45, and will be around the Terrace about 10 min later.
yeah im coming, if you all heading via heatherbrae i'll meet you all at the pie place near the round about, just before 8.

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #150
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

This is the route we are taking if anyone wants to meet us along the way.