Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #121
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Were Australian Fords Rubbish?

Our falcons fairlane LTD were made for australia to suit us people in australia best in every way possible.

My wife has a Aurion now and i will say it's not a car for most aussie conditions as it's just a city commuter for your joe average boring clown that would never go much off the main highways and if he see's a dirt road he just turns back home in fear of his prejudice simpleton lack of experience.

I have seen it done with some of my city mates they just stopped as if they soiled themselves on seeing a dirt road and it's this type of clowns that force us to abide in their short sighted little narrow minded world and boast of bagging aussie cars full on and looking down their nose, as if only bogans drive fords and holdens then run around bagging people who work with there hands.
I would have to wonder how many of this type of foolish dimwits live in the fairy land who are worshiping the moronic 'new age political correct god' and have the hide to talk about things they have never had to deal with first hand experience and it's type of twerp that start dictating you must not say this or that 'even if it's true' or we the Politically Correct mob will try everything in it's power to try to destroy you !

Now i ask myself why do they work themselves into such a frieze ?

I think it's because you are offending there stupid precious little shallow simple minded sickerning filthy pre judging positions, that they have been brainwashed with for years with and now they can't think for themselves but just act on instinct with total embracing prejudice that they can't think outside of the square of their new PC god they have made for themselves..

Just Bourgeois, i think the word is for people like that..

Now we as a nation are on the path of just a backward nation who pander to the extream right or the left wing views and it's this type of mob that are the biggest low life criminal extremist of them all who only look to themselves and what they can get, moron mentality.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #122
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crappest thread ever. No wonder the Falcons dead, with fans like us who needs enemies.

Australia, with its tiny population was fortunate enough to have any car industy, much less one that gave us some of the best affordable muscle cars in the world. Some people on here need a massive reality check.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
290GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #123
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

threads like this are funny, i get lols out of the retates banging on about XD XE door handles

its called basic car maintenance, and its not my fault you were to retarded to pull a door card off, replace a handle, and spend the time making sure all the widgets inside the door are all working sweet

basic as basic is

cos not retarded
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #124
Pro Benz
Starter Motor

The buying public have become more discerning. They expect better quality hand in hand with trending technology. The ford falcon always seemed to miss the mark, the capacity was there but timing was always late. The GFC also forced international makers to reduce their bottom line, maintain quality and offer a good product to a competitive market. In the new car market the Falcon was lagging. Holden made a successful attempt with the VE. The momentum has carried with the VF to keep the aussie large sedan business model alive for another few years before final drinks are called.

Pro Tourer Benz
Pro Benz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #125
HELLOYOU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't all cars have troubles?
HELLOYOU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #126
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSCL KA View Post
Don't all cars have troubles?
yes the VF has a seat belt fault that could throw you threw the windscreen in a crash... must mean its a bad car
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #127
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
threads like this are funny, i get lols out of the retates banging on about XD XE door handles.
It was a Government Conspiracy & Cover Up with Ford to make those crappy door handles.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #128
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
Our falcons fairlane LTD were made for australia to suit us people in australia best in every way possible.

My wife has a Aurion now and i will say it's not a car for most aussie conditions as it's just a city commuter for your joe average boring clown that would never go much off the main highways and if he see's a dirt road he just turns back home in fear of his prejudice simpleton lack of experience.

I have seen it done with some of my city mates they just stopped as if they soiled themselves on seeing a dirt road and it's this type of clowns that force us to abide in their short sighted little narrow minded world and boast of bagging aussie cars full on and looking down their nose, as if only bogans drive fords and holdens then run around bagging people who work with there hands.
I would have to wonder how many of this type of foolish dimwits live in the fairy land who are worshiping the moronic 'new age political correct god' and have the hide to talk about things they have never had to deal with first hand experience and it's type of twerp that start dictating you must not say this or that 'even if it's true' or we the Politically Correct mob will try everything in it's power to try to destroy you !

I think it's because you are offending there stupid precious little shallow simple minded sickerning filthy pre judging positions, that they have been brainwashed with for years with and now they can't think for themselves but just act on instinct with total embracing prejudice that they can't think outside of the square of their new PC god they have made for themselves..

Now we as a nation are on the path of just a backward nation who pander to the extream right or the left wing views and it's this type of mob that are the biggest low life criminal extremist of them all who only look to themselves and what they can get, moron mentality.
Ummmm..what's your point?
Old 09-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #129
ZGM86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Benz View Post
In the new car market the Falcon was lagging. Holden made a successful attempt with the VE. The momentum has carried with the VF to keep the aussie large sedan business model alive for another few years before final drinks are called.
That's a bit of a contradiction. If the VE was such a success, the VF wouldn't be the final model.
1978 TE Cortina GL wagon
1955 FJ Holden Special

Car History: 1974 ZG Fairlane 500, 1973 ZG Fairlane 500, 07 SY Territory TX, 1975 Ford F100, 2001 AU2 Falcon XR8 220, 2005 BA RTV, 1997 EL Falcon XR6, 1981 WB Holden pano, 1990 DA LTD, 1992 EB Falcon GLi wagon, 1984 XF Falcon GL wagon, 1976 TD Cortina XL wagon, 1974 TC Cortina XL sedan
ZGM86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #130
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGM86 View Post
That's a bit of a contradiction. If the VE was such a success, the VF wouldn't be the final model.
have you missed something
Old 09-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #131
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Benz View Post
The buying public have become more discerning. They expect better quality hand in hand with trending technology. The ford falcon always seemed to miss the mark, the capacity was there but timing was always late. The GFC also forced international makers to reduce their bottom line, maintain quality and offer a good product to a competitive market. In the new car market the Falcon was lagging. Holden made a successful attempt with the VE. The momentum has carried with the VF to keep the aussie large sedan business model alive for another few years before final drinks are called.
VE was successful? They spent 1 billion developing it and only barely surpassed the BA falcon in terms of style, engineering or quality. Ford on the other hand, made two different vehicles from the same amount of money (BA and Territory). I think Holdens biggest success was VT, sticking with what they know best: cutting and shutting old platforms and raiding Opel Germany and GM's parts catalogue...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #132
WPR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post
Crappest thread ever. No wonder the Falcons dead, with fans like us who needs enemies.

Australia, with its tiny population was fortunate enough to have any car industy, much less one that gave us some of the best affordable muscle cars in the world. Some people on here need a massive reality check.
Spot on please close this and delete!
WPR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #133
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the VE would be Holdens most successful car' then the HQ
Old 09-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #134
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post

290GT, it isn't us on this great forum that are the problem. We are but a very small portion of the population of Ford owners. Despite threads in the various sections where our membership would write down the issues they have had with the various vintages of Falcon, we were never the Falcon's biggest enemy. The small percentage of the rest of the Ford/Falcon owners that aren't on this and other forums who by word of mouth spread news of issues with their particular Falcon model or dealership experience helped create the perception of unreliability. This perception then took hold amongst the rest of the motoring population, and thus became the biggest problem.

As many others in this thread have pointed out, every single make/manufacturer has its problems model to model. For some reason, Ford Motor Company did nothing to arrest this erroneous perception in the mind of the buying public, knowing full well that Falcon was, considering its development and manufacturing budget, faring quite well in the quality/reliability stakes. If anything, it was and still is punching above its weight.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #135
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Questions -
So you still use Falcons for your taxi fleet?
What do you mean "Was affordable to run on LPG" Is it no longer affordable?
What will you use after Falcons are no longer available?
yes
it is far less affordable than it used to be...especially in rural areas, hence the shift to hybrids
???? probably Camry hybrid...tell ya in 2022
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #136
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't fit in a Toyota. What do I use for a taxi?
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #137
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
I barely fitted in the back of a Prius, well I did fit just hated the head room at the back any other passengers in a Prius ever felt this???
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #138
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
Ummmm..what's your point?
I think castellan took the door handle breakages of his xf falcon to heart.

years back when my door handles failed on my xf falcon I saw it as good car security, noone could get in
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #139
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

amazing wall of text i still cant digest
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #140
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
I think the VE would be Holdens most successful car' then the HQ

People bang on about the VE being most successful., won the most races etc etc. Ignoring the fact that HQ was in production for just on 3 years to produce its nearly half a million cars. VE had been going 7 to achieve that.

Different times. Differnt competition. As relevant as comparing a 26" Rank Area to an LG Flat Screen.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #141
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

VT was more successfull than VE
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #142
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Quote:
I barely fitted in the back of a Prius, well I did fit just hated the head room at the back any other passengers in a Prius ever felt this???
Can always take a van...still a toyota but.

I get plenty of comments like "At last a real car, not a &%$#ing golf buggy"
People bypass the first cabs for my car sometimes.
If 3 of you in back of a Prius you better be good friends....
Old 10-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #143
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
VT was more successfull than VE
more VEs made more successful
Old 10-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #144
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
Can always take a van...still a toyota but.

I get plenty of comments like "At last a real car, not a &%$#ing golf buggy"
People bypass the first cabs for my car sometimes.
If 3 of you in back of a Prius you better be good friends....
When I look up the NRMA/RAC operating costs calculator, if I select a Ford Territory TX RWD it tells me the average WOL operating cost per week is $235.92.

When I look up Prius V i-tech hybrid hatchback it tells me this figure is $235.77 per week.

Why aren't you running a Territory so me and my family and our luggage can actually fit in? I mean isn't that the point of a taxi? It looks like it wouldn't cost you any more.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #145
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
more VEs made more successful
Yeah...cause they made them for twice as long!!
Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #146
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
When I look up the NRMA/RAC operating costs calculator, if I select a Ford Territory TX RWD it tells me the average WOL operating cost per week is $235.92.

When I look up Prius V i-tech hybrid hatchback it tells me this figure is $235.77 per week.

Why aren't you running a Territory so me and my family and our luggage can actually fit in? I mean isn't that the point of a taxi? It looks like it wouldn't cost you any more.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet....

I did consider it, mechanically they are similar, and with the potholes around here in the wet they would be good. Main different in expenses was cost of tyres and there is the lack of parts at wreckers. (compared to Falcon)

You and your family and excess luggage can always get a van but little old ladies don't like (or cant) climb into them. Taxis do not only work at airports.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #147
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:

What a load of tripe.

Most Aussie conditions? You do realize most Aussie conditions are just city driving right? More people live in big cities than out in the bush, most people rarely go out on dirt roads, even then modern Falcons aren't great offroad
cars anyway.

Quote:
If you cant fit in a Toyota Land Cruiser you wont fit in a Falcon either ;)
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #148
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
threads like this are funny, i get lols out of the retates banging on about XD XE door handles

its called basic car maintenance, and its not my fault you were to retarded to pull a door card off, replace a handle, and spend the time making sure all the widgets inside the door are all working sweet

basic as basic is

cos not retarded
I'm sure you see yourself as a Ford fan. I'm equally sure Ford marketing don't. They would be hoping you hate the new yank Mustang and the poofs who buy it.

Better for their sales and market perception.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #149
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
What a load of tripe.

Most Aussie conditions? You do realize most Aussie conditions are just city driving right? More people live in big cities than out in the bush, most people rarely go out on dirt roads, even then modern Falcons aren't great offroad
cars anyway.

If you cant fit in a Toyota Land Cruiser you wont fit in a Falcon either ;)
But if you were to go just off the main roads some time you would know aussie cars are made for australia and it does not matter what way you look at it aussie cars are just that esp falcons & holdens.

Now listen mate the Opel commodore fell apart over hear and holden made it to handle aussie conditions. yes we kept the old red motor but you know why
? the average aussie could not afford the opel EFI 3.0L, so what does that tell ya ?

Just because some of you can afford or want to fork out for some flash import ( and that's all fine by me ) but it does not mean over all that australian made cars are or were a stupid idea.
They were the greatest, just look at our utes nothing comes close to driving them as the rest are just junk to compare them with.

I don't care what city folk think who ponce around in there own little world because they would not know jack and are mainly that stuck up as they stop dead at the sight of a dirt road, so what would they know.
I am on about cars for all australia, we made them bro.

I never had door handle problems on a falcon but i know it's a easy fix if you understand why.

Now listen mate who said anything about 4X4 you don't need 4X4 if you know how to drive. 4X4 are for off road.

Last edited by castellan; 12-06-2014 at 09:28 PM.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #150
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
But if you were to go just off the main roads some time you would know aussie cars are made for australia and it does not matter what way you look at it aussie cars are just that esp falcons & holdens.

Now listen mate the Opel commodore fell apart over hear and holden made it to handle aussie conditions. yes we kept the old red motor but you know why
? the average aussie could not afford the opel EFI 3.0L, so what does that tell ya ?

Just because some of you can afford or want to fork out for some flash import ( and that's all fine by me ) but it does not mean over all that australian made cars are or were a stupid idea.
They were the greatest, just look at our utes nothing comes close to driving them as the rest are just junk to compare them with.

I don't care what city folk think who ponce around in there own little world because they would not know jack and are mainly that stuck up as they stop dead at the sight of a dirt road, so what would they know.
I am on about cars for all australia, we made them bro.

I never had door handle problems on a falcon but i know it's a easy fix if you understand why.

Now listen mate who said anything about 4X4 you don't need 4X4 if you know how to drive. 4X4 are for off road.
haha cool story bro