Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #181
marko
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
most " new" manufacturer sat nav maps are about one year behind. They take the latest maps send them to be reprogrammed into the special format of the manufactures units and then release them, all takes time. Only advantage of factory sat nav is its integrated in the car but you suffer as you have identified for that benefit.
About a year? I'm sure mine were 2 years behind! And that's fuxxing disgraceful!

Sent while boosting ....
Old 21-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #182
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
Some feedback on the new version (Ford Bosch SD Card Kit Version 22/11 - released in January 2016) of the maps being offered on the Ford website. I have just installed this new version in my car. I live in Brisbane.

In June 2015 in Brisbane, a new expressway tunnel "The Legacy Way" was opened for traffic. So that was 7 months ago.

The new version of the maps from Ford do not show this road so this indicates that the "new" maps are at least over 7 months old.

Google maps show "The Legacy Way".
RACQ trip planner shows and includes "The Legacy Way" in planning a trip.

Probably not worth spending the money to update to maps that are already out of date.
Watch this space about Map updates...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #183
nc_fairlane

Quote:
Some feedback on the new version (Ford Bosch SD Card Kit Version 22/11 - released in January 2016) of the maps being offered on the Ford website. I have just installed this new version in my car. I live in Brisbane.

In June 2015 in Brisbane, a new expressway tunnel "The Legacy Way" was opened for traffic. So that was 7 months ago.

The new version of the maps from Ford do not show this road so this indicates that the "new" maps are at least over 7 months old.

Google maps show "The Legacy Way".
RACQ trip planner shows and includes "The Legacy Way" in planning a trip.

Probably not worth spending the money to update to maps that are already out of date.
The new map update for SZ/FG MK2 has "The Legacy Way" Maps for the SZ/FG MK2 are here maps 2015 Q3
nc_fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2016, 04:17 PM   #184
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fairlane View Post
The new map update for SZ/FG MK2 has "The Legacy Way" Maps for the SZ/FG MK2 are here maps 2015 Q3
From what I can see, your maps are from WherIs and the Focus maps are from TomTom. Maybe that is the reason for the differences.

Well, "GTLegend" you have certainly piqued my interest in what might be coming. Will be waiting.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #185
Peter B
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd lime to get an update, as Perth has just finished a major road construction phase, but I doubt the GPS upgrade would be that current. Another 2 years?
It would be essential to know the latest map dates before buying.
We find the Satnav quite handy, albeit with the quirks associated with these things. You still have to keep an eye open and sometimes overrule it.
Great for those times though when you aren't up to reading a map while moving, and once you learn the menu system it works quite well.
I find the phone maps too hard to use while moving.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #186
olfella
Cranky old bastard

We have some major road works where I am and they do not show on the latest edition. If you want to give me a road or area where you are interested in, then I will look for it and send you a pic of the result if you want.
Old 13-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #187
CatonaPC©

Well, it's five months since GTLEGEND told us about this great offer for Ford sat nav maps. I hope there is an update on this, not necessarily maps, but whether we can expect an update to sat nav maps in then near future.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #188
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people are ever hopeful. still waiting for the defects in my Territory sat nav maps to be fixed. Real pain when friends live in a street that does not exist on the sat nav.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2016, 05:31 PM   #189
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Well, it's five months since GTLEGEND told us about this great offer for Ford sat nav maps. I hope there is an update on this, not necessarily maps, but whether we can expect an update to sat nav maps in then near future.
Due in Q3, there were some unseen delays, little more patience please..
Old 21-05-2016, 08:33 PM   #190
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

just updated to 2015.Q3

Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #191
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Be interested to hear what you think of it after a few weeks Prof.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2016, 10:47 PM   #192
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
just updated to 2015.Q3

Do you buy the e-voucher to get the upgrade?
Old 21-05-2016, 10:53 PM   #193
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Yeh there's no other way I know of for mk2
Old 21-05-2016, 11:13 PM   #194
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeh there's no other way I know of for mk2
True, but I did notice it was a FG Mk2 Falcon Dash, but this post is in the Focus section??
Old 15-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #195
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally announced...

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2016...Q0Y1Jk5uZT0xNQ
Old 15-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #196
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

That's cool - but from what I've heard, they're a real challenge to update.

I'd love it if free map updates were implemented for late models too.
Old 15-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #197
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Good to see them looking after the original SYNC owners.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #198
Rodelz
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Will it cover my 2011 Territory?
Rodelz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #199
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's cool - but from what I've heard, they're a real challenge to update.

I'd love it if free map updates were implemented for late models too.
No, very easy, take SD card out of vehicle and dealer has SD card reader, updates in a few minutes, refit to vehicle, done!! Note only for SYNC2 vehicles only..
Old 15-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #200
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodelz View Post
Will it cover my 2011 Territory?
No your vehicle does not have SYNC2, SZ2 does though. You will still need the e-voucher system upload from your dealer..
Old 15-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #201
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
No, very easy, take SD card out of vehicle and dealer has SD card reader, updates in a few minutes, refit to vehicle, done!! Note only for SYNC2 vehicles only..
A ford tech I was speaking to had a slightly different version of events
Old 15-06-2016, 09:06 PM   #202
alokin123

so is a 2012 focus covered?
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #203
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A ford tech I was speaking to had a slightly different version of events
He was most probably talking about the FG2 or SZ1 system where you need to get an e-voucher, that is more detailed but can be done..

He most probably has not seen the SYNC2 kit that was sent to dealers the last few days..
Old 15-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #204
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Anything that has sync2 is covered...
Old 15-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #205
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokin123 View Post
so is a 2012 focus covered?
No only those fitted with SYNC2 2015 on...
Old 15-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #206
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
He was most probably talking about the FG2 or SZ1 system where you need to get an e-voucher, that is more detailed but can be done..

He most probably has not seen the SYNC2 kit that was sent to dealers the last few days..
Trust me he was talking about sync2. I don't know about this kit but I was told there were some issues trying to update maps. Anyway nevermind!
Old 15-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #207
mutanti
Turbo

So once again my Focus titanium 2012 misses out. Maps don't even have Nagambie bypass. Pathetic on a 2012 model focus
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #208
KosCo

Quote:
If this is a matter of updating the SD card, is there a reason it can't be done for us poor people who have the 2012 LW car? It uses an SD card but of course it is not Sync 2.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #209
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If this is a matter of updating the SD card, is there a reason it can't be done for us poor people who have the 2012 LW car? It uses an SD card but of course it is not Sync 2.
From what I understand, the earlier versions of the map SD card and the data on them where from a different supplier and this program is in conjunction with the new supplier for the SYNC2 system.. so if your SD was updated with this reader, the software required to read the data is different on the earlier vehicles as well and will not work.
Old 16-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #210
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does this mean ford does not update previous versions of the satnav maps?
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post