Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-08-2015, 12:41 AM   #2101
XG_Falcon

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I hate it when people just throw stuff out in the yard or paddock, leave it to rot for a few years, then try to sell it for top dollar. I went looking at a pair of "leather" seats, and old mate takes round the side of his shed where they have been rotting for who knows how long. So not only are the frames completely rusted out, but they actually had vegetation growing in them
and he wants over $100.

Worse it when something breaks down, so they dismantle it, throw it out the back of the workshop to rust for a few years, then try to flog it by claiming it was still working.
I know that if I'm buying something 2nd hand it will have issues, but I like to know what I'm buying so I know if it can be fixed.
Oh yeah, gotta love the dreamers! I've found it really irritating modifying E-series Falcons in the past for similar reasons - some fool will get his hands on a part that says "Tickford" and suddenly he thinks he's a millionaire
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2015, 05:21 AM   #2102
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a millionaire
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #2103
XG_Falcon

Got off work early and went to my olds' place with my brother. We found dad breaking his back working on a Holden red motor.

Obviously this meant my work clothes went back on so could I spent my afternoon removing, disassembling and exploring the archaic tar pit boat anchor. Geez, it stunk!
Old 28-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #2104
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Inviting 120 people to a family event where a venue was booked and paid for by the seat and having 10 people not show...

I really, RELLY hate that....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #2105
XG_Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Inviting 120 people to a family event where a venue was booked and paid for by the seat and having 10 people not show...

I really, RELLY hate that....
Damn! That's gotta hurt.
This user likes this post:
Old 31-08-2015, 09:44 PM   #2106
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Call the ANZ. I received my new credit card in the mail about a month ago and didn't bother activating it. At the same time I opened a new account and set up net banking.

Crab a whole bunch of ANZ paperwork off my desk this morning with the intention of calling to activate today.

I get to work and find that I have everything except the actual card, I have the paper with the Pin, the info flyers, the T&C's, but not the letter with the card.

Call anyway. Get a robot on the other end. I explain that the card is at home..

She says I can't activate the card unless it's in my possession. I told he it is, but at home.

She told me that is not in 'my possession'. I said I beg the differ and that the conversation is starting to get stupid. In my possession means that I have it in my hand apparently..

Well you need the 4 digits off the card and because you don't have it in front of you we can't proceed. Oh really?

So, I tell her that is easy, I'll just log into netbanking and read the card number off the screen.

3 minutes pass and I log in. Ok the last 4 digits are WXYZ... Mind you, she knows I'm doing this with the intention of getting the last 4 digits and doesn't stop me.

She then reminded me that I need the card in my possession, and because I have already told her that I left the card at home the 4 digits can't be used...

So I asked how that makes any sense and she couldn't say, but told me that I need the card in my hand to activate. I left it at that and said I would go home and get it.

My intention was to just call back and get a different robot and not be as honest.

After I hung up and scratched my head for a while I had a tinker with the menu on the ANZ net banking. (God I hate it, I must prefer the Commbank screen).

Anyone wanna guess what else you can do online???..

Dopes

Old 01-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #2107
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ Frustrating!
I so hate when the people that should be there to assist make it so damn difficult.
You only get the information you are after if you ask the exact questions.
"Can I activate this online?" "Certainly sir just use the tabs on the right hand side"
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #2108
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
^^ Frustrating!
I so hate when the people that should be there to assist make it so damn difficult.
You only get the information you are after if you ask the exact questions.
"Can I activate this online?" "Certainly sir just use the tabs on the right hand side"
Spot on... after all that the option was there in front of me to activate my card online.

Problem was, I deviated from the script and she didn't know how to handle it!

Old 01-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #2109
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
*snip*

Anyone wanna guess what else you can do online???..

Dopes
Geez I HATE that, you speak to someone and waste 20 minutes of your life only to find out that you can do the exact same thing online.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #2110
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I have been doing some research of our 10 local Catholic / Independent / Private high schools to see what overseas trips / activities they offer their senior students.

7 had info on their web site so I emailed the other 3.

That was last Wednesday. Of the 3 only one replied. (That's something I hate as well - people who blatantly don't reply to email when it is their job to do so!)

That reply was 1 line with no greeting, no capital letters, no correct grammar and no name. In fact, the sentence didn't even make sense.

And this coming from the office of a private school. I didn't identify myself as a teacher, but I could have well been a prospective parent.

What a joke...

Old 03-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #2111
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I hate it that just when you find a product you like in the suprmarket they delete the line and replace it with thir own crappy cheap a$$ inferior version.... ya just can't buy a decent fish finger any more.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #2112
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
I hate it that just when you find a product you like in the suprmarket they delete the line and replace it with thir own crappy cheap a$$ inferior version.... ya just can't buy a decent fish finger any more.
But prices are "down down"
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #2113
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

It was woolies actually..... this time.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #2114
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
It was woolies actually..... this time.
Same here. They used to stock our favourite Tomato sauce, 'Pops'.
Locally grown and made in a nearby town.

Now that shelf space is taken up by 'homebrand'.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #2115
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Yes! Or when one removes something from their range (but only a single flavour/variety) and you can still get it at the other, meaning you have to go to two shops. Which wouldn't be a problem of I lived in a where they were close together. But I don't.
And I mean seriously, who likes broccoli and cheese chicken things over Alfredo ones? The broccoli tastes like butt.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 12:00 AM   #2116
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

See this quite often at the supermarket: When a product has 'Australian Made' on the front label....

Then in fine-print, usually on the back at the lowest section of the label 'Made from local and imported ingredients'

Yeah, the sugar is local from QLD, but the other 36 spices are from China.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2015, 08:17 AM   #2117
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Wanting to leave a comment on a Drive.com.au article only to be taken to a page where I need to copy and paste links, configure it, then generate some sort of script to insert the HTML back into the page I want the comment to appear in...

It shouldn't be that hard!!!

Edit: Returned to the page after 5 minutes to see a 'Log in to comment' that wasn't there before.

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 14-09-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 14-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #2118
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

It drives me insane when your favourite product is taken from the supermarket shelf. I cannot get the shower body wash I've been using for the last who knows how long. The substitute product is shyte.

A while ago the canned Heinz big n' chunky Tex Mex disappeared. I love that stuff. The nearest I can get is Chilli Beef. Nowhere near as good. That drives me nuts.

I sold a car on Sat morning and is awaiting the on line transfer of funds to come through before releasing the car. Transaction put through on Sat morning, my bank advises two business days and I'll get the money on Wednesday. Would have been quicker if he'd written a personal cheque and I deposited that on Sat. (My bank has branches open on Saturdays, the buyers doesn't). For a total of 5 calendar days that money is in limbo. On line electronic transactions being quick and efficient MY ***!!!!!!!! *** I hate that.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #2119
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Commbank having "technical issues" GEEZ I HATE THAT

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #2120
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People that wear their work name badge around on their lunch break or after they knock off... I had friends that would see a girl and say 'do you have a name for the other one?' lol....

5 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #2121
XG_Falcon

Some low life walked all the way down my driveway, past the cars and stole my bicycle.
Old 16-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #2122
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
People that wear their work name badge around on their lunch break or after they knock off... I had friends that would see a girl and say 'do you have a name for the other one?' lol....

Even worse when people think its an instruction and not a name.

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #2123
TRAU BLAU

I hate the political system that gets rid of a very good P.M.(T.Abbott)Then elects another who was not voted in by the electorate.The voters have been cheated.If Turnbull comes good no worries but theirs no guarantee that he will do better.
Old 17-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #2124
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
I hate the political system that gets rid of a very good P.M.(T.Abbott)Then elects another who was not voted in by the electorate.The voters have been cheated.If Turnbull comes good no worries but theirs no guarantee that he will do better.
Personally I wouldn't of called abbot 'good' but it does seem like our votes mean Jack now days. Might as well vote Jedi.....

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #2125
XG_Falcon

With all respect, I think it's for the best of the forum to avoid posting about politics. A topic so complex and polarizing can inadvertently ignite heated arguments in short order.
Old 17-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #2126
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awww come on mate, its about time we had another really decent all hands on board, ding dong, sh***throwing, face slapping, MIL loving fight.

sorry joking
Old 17-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #2127
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Arguing politics online is just the dumbest thing it's like arguing what's beter holden or ford.

Mods to Date
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #2128
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
Unless you live in Abbott' electorate you didn't vote for him.
This is a big problem where people have no idea how the Australian electoral system works.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2015, 09:52 PM   #2129
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Can we please get off the Politics and back to the original intention of the thread.
Old 17-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #2130
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Geez I hate when people argue politics.

Mods to Date
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
20% Underdrive