Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default nsw solar bonus scheme - the 60c buy back has dropped to 20c

just a heads up for anyone that was thinking about signing up for a solar electricity system in nsw.

the government decided to drop the buy back rate from 60c per kwh to 20c. they informed the solar companies at lunch time yesterday, and you had until midnight last night to put a deposit on a system if you wanted to get the 60c rate..

i'm guessing the people that jumped on the solar bandwagon and started up a company will be struggling for work soon..

solar bonus scheme website

sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

No surprise and the end result was predictable.

More NSW Labor mismangement, so many can't wait for the election to kick em out, seven ministers have left over the last few months, like rats scampering from a sinking ship.

Very, very angry place Australia, and a lot more fuel approaching down the track of time to *really* make for a tinderbox.

This unrelated story will cheer the readership up though, note the comments:-
http://www.news.com.au/opinion/miran...-1225944489870
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
dogwatch2

The 60c/KW hour rate was stupid from the beginning, especially as it was gross, not net after your own usage. Other states, I think, are 30c/kw hr for net, which is still too high. Wholesale electricity from the power stations is in the range of 4 to 8c/kw hr, except for extreme high uasge days where it can go to hundreds of times that for short periods. The Labour party idiots have set up an artificial growth industry again, which is paid for by the consumer. Now there will be more stress for companies that have been set up in a hurry. Vote true independents next election, not the fruity greens who will decimate jobs etc or Barry who seems to be a dimwit. The greens want to take massive funding off the roads and put it to public transport, which is great for city workers/dwellers but not most of us, as well as some of their other weird ideas.
dogwatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
BLU-DVL

Have you taken in account that the Tax Dept (as from 1July2010) now considers paid rebates from Power Companies as Income and therefore taxable!
Old 29-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-DVL
Have you taken in account that the Tax Dept (as from 1July2010) now considers paid rebates from Power Companies as Income and therefore taxable!
Australians hang your heads in shame
Don't think we're really free
With barren soil
and wars for oil
our mindset - apathy...

With shameful hearts let us begin
Australia's slow repair.
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-DVL
yep. thinking i need to change my power bill into my wifes name as she has bugger all income..
Old 29-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you will find that if you are locked into the 60c rate if you transfer it to your wife it will be at the new rate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky
yep. thinking i need to change my power bill into my wifes name as she has bugger all income..

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I got in with 3 hours to spare. I got the 1.5kw system with 3kw inverter with maximum subsidy, but we can add panels at 60 cents per kwhr..... nice.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
I got in with 3 hours to spare. I got the 1.5kw system with 3kw inverter with maximum subsidy, but we can add panels at 60 cents per kwhr..... nice.
i'd check before adding. i was told today that if you upsize your system you get signed up for the new rate
Old 30-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #10
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Signed up last week with install set for November 2; so we're happy too.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #11
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
We are in the process of starting to build a home and the intention was to put solar (3kw) on the new house. Luckily I heard this announcement on the radio the other day and were able to put a deposit down that day with a company we were dealing with. The only drama is we don't have a meter or connection yet as we havent even got the slab down yet. So now we are running around trying to get the paper work done before the 21 days are up.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky
i'd check before adding. i was told today that if you upsize your system you get signed up for the new rate
The advice I have had so far is that for the 7 years of the 60c rate I can add panels at that rate.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
silicon

I live in the zone 2 NSW and took up the offer from NuEnergy which was basically free install for a 1.5KW system. They took a $100 deposit and it costs $198 for tile roof install. The install of the gross meter was $250. So all up it has cost $448 for the full system. Ended up getting a 2KW inverter so I am in the same situation as TurboTaxi and could put up a few more panels theoretically.

The 60 c/KwH was stupid but you cannot blame people for taking advantage of it.
silicon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post