Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Default Double locking, Auto locking?

I read about double locking in the manual but I cant seem to get it to work. The manual says that if I lock the doors twice (I'm assuming that I press lock on the remote twice), that I won't be able to open the doors from the inside. It doesnt work... or does the transponder have to not be in the area?

Also.... anyone know if we have auto locking whereby if we walk away from the car with our keys on us, it will lock itself after a while?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Forest Bear

I use to have this feature. You press lock on the fob twice to engage deadlocking or turn the key to lock twice. When the alarm was installed this feature disappeared.

It doesn't lock itself automatically if you walk away. It will lock itself if you press unlock but don't open any doors for 40 seconds. This is quite a thoughtful feature because you may be far from (the fob has quite a range in my experience) and not be within site of your car and you accidently unlock with the remote with fidgety hands.

As a consequence of no deadlocking I lock my $3500 notebook in a steel meshed pacsafe in the boot. Now I want the alarm removed because I would rather have deadlocking.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I read about double locking in the manual but I cant seem to get it to work. The manual says that if I lock the doors twice (I'm assuming that I press lock on the remote twice), that I won't be able to open the doors from the inside. It doesnt work... or does the transponder have to not be in the area?

Also.... anyone know if we have auto locking whereby if we walk away from the car with our keys on us, it will lock itself after a while?
I've tried and tried for over 2 hours and couldn't get this to work.

Forest Bear, was car was this deadlocking on?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
Forest Bear

Its an LS Zetec.

You can deadlock two ways. By pressing lock on fob twice. Press-pause-press. Not Press-Press!

Or do it with the key. Turn to lock, let it spring back to original position, then turn again. You'll hear the door lock on the first turn and hear another locking noise on the second turn of the key.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #5
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

Default mine doesnt work either!!

i tried it in my 2006 lx hatch and i can't get it to deadlock. if i sit in the car i can still open the doors from the inside after pressing the remote lock twice with a pause in between! can anyone shed some more light on the subject?
gottafocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

not sure about the LS, but the LR has the double-lock feature - it works by pressing the lock button on the key twice, but not in quick succession:

PRESS ONCE: listen for the lock
PRESS ONE MORE TIME: the indicators will flash twice and you can hear the locks turn but not an audiable click like the first time.

It should be in your manuals, perhaps you need to set your key up to do it. I remember on my Falcon you could set your key up to unlock the drivers door only on the first unlock then all doors on the second press, or unlock all on the first press (you had a choice)...

Todd
Old 11-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #7
Uni

can't get my 2006 CL to do it either.. maybe there's some sort feature which needs to be activated... i know in Dad's S40 there is a menu where u can select how u want the central locking system to work

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
BlackLS

Looks like its a Zetec and Ghia thing, not avaliable on CL or LX.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #9
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

i can get the unlock button to unlock either drivers door only or all doors by activating either mode by pressing unlock and lock buttons at the same time for 4 seconds on the remote. but still makes no difference to deadlocking!
gottafocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #10
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Looks like its a Zetec and Ghia thing, not avaliable on CL or LX.
Well... thats abit crap. Its a software thing. Surely it isnt that much of a luxury item. More of a security thing... I'm gonna have a talk to the dealer I think.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #11
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Well... thats abit crap. Its a software thing. Surely it isnt that much of a luxury item. More of a security thing... I'm gonna have a talk to the dealer I think.
Hope they aren't different locks, even using the key, once locked there isn't much resistance turning the key to relock/deadlock.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #12
BlackLS

And yeah I don't think any of the Aussie focus have autolocking. I would have suggested look it up on FFOC to see if it can be added (deadlocking for that matter) but there site is down until Thursday.

Just interested (early build Focus may have had it excluded) post the month and spec Focus you have and whether it has deadlocking or not

Nov 05 LX - No deadlocking
Old 11-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #13
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Feb 06 LX - No deadlocking. :(

Old 14-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #14
jameseybuddy
06 Focus Zetec Owner

Feb 06 Zetec has deadlocking. Easiest way to do it is lock you car with the key, and then lock it again with the button.
jameseybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #15
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafocus
i can get the unlock button to unlock either drivers door only or all doors by activating either mode by pressing unlock and lock buttons at the same time for 4 seconds on the remote. but still makes no difference to deadlocking!
another thing i never knew my car did.... it just gets more and more impressive
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Oct 02 Zetec - Deadlocking and autolocking if door unopened. Also auto-locks the doors once you drive off and reach at least 5km/h.

Gotta love those Germans ;o)
Old 23-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #17
rthomas
Starter Motor

Default Slightly off the topic

Does anyone know of a mod that will lock the territory's doors as you drive away?
rthomas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 11:16 PM   #18
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomas
Does anyone know of a mod that will lock the territory's doors as you drive away?
Have a look in the Territory forums, you probably won't find anything in there aobut this tho...

Useless (stingray car electronic) may be able to help you on this