Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default How much is my WS worth?

I want to sell my WS CL and get a better car, how much would my CL with 2050km be worth on the second hand market?

I'm thinking maybe $16,000? I got it for $18K.

Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Really depends how desperate you are to sell.

$15 to $16 would be about right but you are going to get questions as to why you bought and sold so quickly.

Any options?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Hmm, yeah its not my sort of car, I find it too small and its not powerful enough. Its a great car with how it handles in the corners, how it doesn't use much fuel but I want something with a bit more go in it.

Theres Zetec Dave's tuning package out for the car which brings up power and torque, but theres no mods out for them either, the only place that does exhaust is a company in UK who wont ship it to Australia. Theres a supercharger kit but im on my Ps so its illegal.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 01-12-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A quick search on Carsales shows only 2 other private CL models for sale in Australia ..

One is $17,500 with 2,450km in Brisbane and the other is $18,990 with 6,880km in South Australia.

I reckon yours at $16,000 should be a bargain.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...del_String%7c0
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are you looking at getting instead if your on P plates? Not something new I take it?

Why not hold onto it until your warranty runs out, you'll have no p plates and will have saved money by not going crazy on a skyline or evo or something else, so you can then buy something sick...

I know I wish I'd done that now looking back....

Besides ive pulled 185kmh out of the fiesta pretty easily... (private road of course)
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
InTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
A quick search on Carsales shows only 2 other private CL models for sale in Australia ..

One is $17,500 with 2,450km in Brisbane and the other is $18,990 with 6,880km in South Australia.
Given that a new 5 door LX is $19,990 on road before any haggling, I'd say $16k is a lot more reasonable that the Carsales asking prices.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
What are you looking at getting instead if your on P plates? Not something new I take it?

Why not hold onto it until your warranty runs out, you'll have no p plates and will have saved money by not going crazy on a skyline or evo or something else, so you can then buy something sick...

I know I wish I'd done that now looking back....

Besides ive pulled 185kmh out of the fiesta pretty easily... (private road of course)
I'm looking at selling this and getting something a bit more powerful, probably manual BA/F Falcon. Sick of small cars, they're the only things I've driven, want to experience something else.

Originally I WAS going to buy an R34 Skyline but it sold on me 2 days before the test drive, the bastard wanted $500 for a test drive (dealer). I was even going to buy a Mazda 6 as I didn't mind that but it sold on me 15 minutes before I got to the dealer because I stopped to look at Max Kirwin Mazda.. I'd offered a guy $13,000 on a 1996 model Nissan 300ZX but he was firm on $15K and it had 170,000km on it, plus it had a cracked front bar.

Then my parents were in my ear about getting a new car, I bought it and I just dont like it, theres nothing I can do to this car because it voids the warranty, or everything is too expensive because I have to ship things over from another country.

I'm 18, I don't want a car that starts every time, and gets me from A to B, I want somethign with excitement.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My company FG Falcon is a great car, but it lacks what I want in a car and there is something so special about my Fiesta. Sometimes it ****es me off, sometimes I love it, but it's the ability to yell at my car and then feel guilty about treating it bad that proves it's the car for me. It's not massively powerful, there are more fuel efficient, many cars handle better, there are better looking cars, but it's absolutely perfect in my eyes. If I were you man I'd sell up. You gotta love what you drive, wether that be a small car or something completely different
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #9
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

probably best to sell it then.

skyline,300zx,soarer,supra etc etc parts are way more expensive than fiesta parts and HUGELY more expensive than Falcon/Commodore parts in general.

A BA/F might be better for you as a young guy, as spare parts arent so expensive, and basic mods like a new ecu and exhaust give heaps of power increase in relative terms...

Just allow extra money for more expensive insurance (especially if you want to cover your modifications) and way more petrol... My mates BA XR8 with a few mods chews over 18L/100 when flogged, same with a mates WRX.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
My company FG Falcon is a great car, but it lacks what I want in a car and there is something so special about my Fiesta. Sometimes it ****es me off, sometimes I love it, but it's the ability to yell at my car and then feel guilty about treating it bad that proves it's the car for me. It's not massively powerful, there are more fuel efficient, many cars handle better, there are better looking cars, but it's absolutely perfect in my eyes. If I were you man I'd sell up. You gotta love what you drive, wether that be a small car or something completely different
couldnt agree more!! i love my fiesta, it's not perfect, its 5 years old with a few scrapes and bumps. only had it for 3 months. couldnt be happier with it
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I took some pics of my Fiesta, has some stone chips you can't see on the front bar, you reckon I'll get $16G for it?

(warning large pics)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1687/wsf1.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2213/wsf2.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3903/wsf3.jpg

I'm wondering if there would be any interest? I'm talking to Vic Roads at the moment to see if I can fool them into landing me an exemption for a Toyota Aristo under the "turbo family car under 125Kw/Tonne" clause in the rules. Otherwise I'm looking for a manual BF XR6 or 03 RX8.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 16-12-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 16-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #12
GT BLOKE
Not so Regular Member

$13-14k trade in

FG F6

AUII XR8

Number plates for sale BO55V8 & RCIVIC
GT BLOKE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
I took some pics of my Fiesta, has some stone chips you can't see on the front bar, you reckon I'll get $16G for it?

(warning large pics)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1687/wsf1.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2213/wsf2.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3903/wsf3.jpg

I'm wondering if there would be any interest? I'm talking to Vic Roads at the moment to see if I can fool them into landing me an exemption for a Toyota Aristo under the "turbo family car under 125Kw/Tonne" clause in the rules. Otherwise I'm looking for a manual BF XR6 or 03 RX8.

it looks bloody good, i would put the hub caps back on it though when u sell it, otherwise people will be asking questions....

clean it all up should see fairly close to the price u bought it for
Old 17-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz
it looks bloody good, i would put the hub caps back on it though when u sell it, otherwise people will be asking questions....

clean it all up should see fairly close to the price u bought it for
Ah yep, I took them off because they look like ***, but the black steelies aren't much better.

If I sold it, would the 3 years warranty transfer over to the new owner? Its already generated some interest on my facebook.
Old 17-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #15
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Ah yep, I took them off because they look like ***, but the black steelies aren't much better.

If I sold it, would the 3 years warranty transfer over to the new owner? Its already generated some interest on my facebook.

yeh it would. however much warranty is left will go straight to the new owner