Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 20-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Default FPV Family Day March 1st

Thanks to everyone who entered- we have oodles of members coming along.

A note for those who would normally travel along the Monash to get there.

FREEWAY AND TUNNELS CLOSURE

On the weekend of Saturday 28 February 2009, CityLink and the Monash Freeway will be closed to motorists from Kings Way to Burke Rd both inbound and outbound:

from 9pm on Saturday 28 February
until 9am on Sunday 1 March.

Both the Burnley and Domain CityLink tunnels will be closed during these times to allow maintenance works to be carried out.

In addition there will be other works carried out on a section of the Monash Freeway from Toorak Road to Burke Road on Friday night which will mean only two lanes will be open to traffic both inbound and outbound from around 8pm through to 6am Saturday morning. That will mean delays if you’re travelling either into or out of the city on Friday evening. A single lane will remain closed to traffic in both directions over the weekend in this area.

A detour route will be provided for people during and prior to the closure and details of these routes will be able to be found on the project website at www.mcwupgrade.com.au.

Cheers,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
XRLightening

Just a quick addition to this GBG....

The Melba Tunnel on Eastlink will also be closed on February 28th at 10pm to March 1st at 5am.

So just get off at Maroondah Hwy and then turn Right at Springvale Rd to get back on.

I'm looking forward to it.... Yet another early morning out near Ford....

We just know him as THE MANTIS

-------------

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria
Daily Drive:
2005 GU IV Patrol, 4.8l Petrol, Manual, Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Electronic Brakes and Cargo Barrier.
Toy Drive:
1968 XT Falcon Ute - Dead Stock, Original and ALWAYS Garaged
XRLightening is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Sometime it pays to live close !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
XRLightening

Yeah it would....

I'm working around the corner from Ford at the moment (yippee I have a contract truck driving job out at Coolaroo with 6am starts and I live in Croydon), so I'm spending a bit of time out that way....

-------------

Daily Drive:
2005 GU IV Patrol, 4.8l Petrol, Manual, Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Electronic Brakes and Cargo Barrier.
Toy Drive:
Old 27-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Or you could just live out my side of town and not have to worry about damn toll roads and tunnels!!!!! ha ha!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
XRLightening

would you really want to see that much of me Gossy?!?!? LOL

-------------

Daily Drive:
Toy Drive:
Old 28-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #7
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Looking forward to the big day on Sunday. Should be a good one!

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wish I was going, oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for the pics. Good luck with the club display and individual awards.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Where to start???

Whilst good for the ducks, i don't think anyone really welcomed the rain that hit early.
We had a couple that didn't turn up, but 30 cars saw us head in. We also had Arthur form the WA club join - fair effort driving over here!

Plenty lined up for the tours and the driver signings (expect Seagull's stuff to be on ebay...), along with a few members signing up and paying today.

Andrew Christie in his TE50 took out the best T series trophy.....

And I'm very chuffed that this amazingly sensational club took out the Best Club Presenation trophy. We were fortunate to win this in 2007, so 2 in a row is tops.

This to go with the Club display award last week at the Westernport Festival is 2 from 2 in a week! (Actually it's 4, with Andrew winning today, and Mick G winning last week too)

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations and well done to you all, was a great display with all your cars looking great.
Good luck with the hat trick.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #11
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey, well done to Andrew for the award and the club for going back to back. :
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
EDXRSW

I'd just like to thank everyone in the XR/FPV club of VIC for making me feel welcome today at the open day.It was the first time i have displayed my car and the response was very positive so i'll be doing it again.
EDXRSW

EDXRSW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Fantastic effort to all!!! Might've been a chilly day up there by the looks of it? While I would have loved to be there, and normally are, it was the boss's birthday today, and as I've missed out on her birthday for the last two years, so I thought I better stay in the good books....Plus I'm building a bar at the moment too!!!
See you all Tuesday!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Great day was had by all me thinks! There were some great cars on display, some nice mustangs, some nice little 4cyl turbs and of course a huge selection of ford's and fpv's finest too.

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #15
XRLightening

Well done all on a group of great looking cars....

Also a big thankyou to all who set up the display.... The commitee always do a great job and should be applauded....

-------------

Daily Drive:
Toy Drive:
Old 02-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRLightening
Well done all on a group of great looking cars....

Also a big thankyou to all who set up the display.... The commitee always do a great job and should be applauded....
Ditto to that XRLightening. Although due to the deadline dates being so far out from the event, it is a bit disappointing that there were quite a few cars not able to make it for one reason or another whether it be broken down or even demolished in the recent bushfires........... We will be looking at the people who did have their name down but failed to turn up or even notify us of their absence as I know GBG did have an alternative display set up and then we decided to go with this one.

Nonetheless it was a good day with quite a lot of good quality cars from all over Australia including Arthur from the WA club. I did note though that there was not too many of the older cars on display (EB to EF).... could be a good time to buy another car :hihi: :hihi:
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
GUTLES
Adam.

Well done guys, your cars all looked great, I took some photo's of your cars, I'll post them up if anyones interested.

EDXRSW loved your car, prob the best wagon I've ever seen!

Also loved HALFN8, great plates, thats yours isn't it go baby go?

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
Well done guys, your cars all looked great, I took some photo's of your cars, I'll post them up if anyones interested.

EDXRSW loved your car, prob the best wagon I've ever seen!

Also loved HALFN8, great plates, thats yours isn't it go baby go?
G'Day,

I'm sure the guys will love seeing their cars up in lights so by all means whack some up.

EDXRSW's wagon looked great didn't it! He said it recently had a birthday, but he hadn't had AYN trouble with it at all and i think it is over 300,000kms.

and yep - HALFN8 is mine. Didn't get to doing the little bits and pieces for it that i had originally had planned to have done in January so it was stock- but you get that when you have 4 projects on the go..............

Cheers,

Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
EDXRSW

thanks for the nice comments guys.
It still has a little bit to do to it but i think maybe because there is nothing to compare it to is lucky to.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #20
DashXR6T
Dash FG XR6T

Edxrsw, is yours an original xr wagon?
The New: FG XR6 Turbo in Dash:Sunroof, Custom Exhaust with Quad 3.5" Tips, Xr8 Bonnet, 20"GT Rims, Lowered on SSSL & SSL King Springs. Growler Intake, 30% Tint, Viper 2 Way Alarm, Philips Diamond Vision 5000K Headlights&Foggies

The Old AU Series III Fairmont Ghia, Sunroof, Leather, Prem Sound, Lowered On SSSL+SSL King Springs,Tint,19" BF Super Pursuit Rims, 6000K HID's, 2.5 Inch Exhaust+Twin Tips. Fairlane Chrome Mirrors.
System:Alpine Dvd Player, 2x12" Alpine TyreR Subs, Pioneer Mono Amp.
DashXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #21
EDXRSW

Yep,original xr wagon,why's that??
Old 13-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #22
enforcer_xr8
Starter Motor

As mentioned in the other thread... well done on the best club award, but can i ask why there was so much space for you guys???? while most other clubs looked to be squashed in, you could have put two more in with you guys....
enforcer_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #23
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer_xr8
As mentioned in the other thread... well done on the best club award, but can i ask why there was so much space for you guys???? while most other clubs looked to be squashed in, you could have put two more in with you guys....
Thanks for the congrats... As far as the space we actually had more cars entered than what turned up as I mentioned earlier. As we had to have entries nominated well before the event, I realise that things do happen and unfortunately this could have been part of the problem. Being one of the local clubs if you like to put it that way, we certainly have a big following for this day as we have attended every year since it's inception 12 years ago. This year was one of our smaller displays and unfortunately my crystal ball was broken to see who would/would not turn up on the day. Hopefully that has answered your question.

Thanks
Sean
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #24
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTIV8
Thanks for the congrats... As far as the space we actually had more cars entered than what turned up as I mentioned earlier. As we had to have entries nominated well before the event, I realise that things do happen and unfortunately this could have been part of the problem. Being one of the local clubs if you like to put it that way, we certainly have a big following for this day as we have attended every year since it's inception 12 years ago. This year was one of our smaller displays and unfortunately my crystal ball was broken to see who would/would not turn up on the day. Hopefully that has answered your question.

Thanks
Sean

have you got crystal balls ???????????????????????????

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #25
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer_xr8
G'Day,

Apart from Motiv8's post, it probably prudent to note we didn't ask for that area. I think they may have done it because we had more cars then the others entered. I remember a similar thing happening a few years ago with an interstate club- they had a HUGE turnout - more than any other club and got that space.
Really, you'd have to ask FPV.....................