Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #1
shellstar98

Default someone stole my side mirror ford focus sport anyone else had this problem

Can't believe the people out there...Went to work today and somebody stole the side mirror just the glass from the passenger side and now ford wants $86 for it..It better include installation...so ****ed off as the car is only a month old. rang ford and the lady says she gets at least one call a day about this
shellstar98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 12:08 AM   #2
tonys6550

Default Re: someone stole my side mirror ford focus sport anyone else had this problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstar98 View Post
Can't believe the people out there...Went to work today and somebody stole the side mirror just the glass from the passenger side and now ford wants $86 for it..It better include installation...so ****ed off as the car is only a month old. rang ford and the lady says she gets at least one call a day about this
There are a lot of vain people out there

Seriously though, what's wrong with people and why?
tonys6550 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
shellstar98

Default Re: someone stole my side mirror ford focus sport anyone else had this problem

I just hope it doesn't happen again or i may have to install a camera
Old 19-08-2016, 03:10 AM   #4
Twinkles

I hope they pause and reflect upon the inconvenience they caused you. (Awful pun, I know! )
Twinkles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #5
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What model Focus is it mate? i have some here you are welcome to have for free if they will fit, mine is an LS.
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
I hope they pause and reflect upon the inconvenience they caused you. (Awful pun, I know! )
That's very good!
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #7
CatonaPC©

Sorry to hear, but I have to say the Ford design department haven't helped in this regard. The passenger side mirror surround assembly is not angled further inward as would be found in some other cars. The end result is that when one adjusts the the passenger side mirror, in some case the edge of the mirror sticks out from the edge of its cover. It only needs an idiot with too much time on their hands and an attitude problem to come round and stick their finger between the gap . . .

I noticed the drivers side and passenger side mirror surrounds were at the same angle after my wife adjusts the passenger side mirror. She sits closer to the steering wheel and the mirror is angled acutely - more than I would have expected.

Ford obviously caters for both left-hand and right-hand drive markets and decided to take shortcuts by adopting the same mirror hardware and set at the same angle for all markets. Not clever. The passenger side mirror should have been more angled to avoid the situation I've just described.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
shellstar98

I have the lz sport 2016 update only had the car for just over a month
Old 19-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #9
Victor1

Shellstar,
I can feel for ya,brand new car and some low life f### comes along with no respect for anyone and vandalises your car as crime of opportunity.
You know what else is bad about this situation is the low life that done this if caught doing this to my car by me I would severely beat them to beyond the point of submission.
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Are you certain it did not just fall out? (Manufacturing fault perhaps?)

I can't actually get my mind why there would be lot's of these new particular model cars having only the passenger side mirror glass stolen.
Fairlane 500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #11
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lots of vain pedestrians walking past?
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 06:51 PM   #12
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane50 View Post
Are you certain it did not just fall out? (Manufacturing fault perhaps?)

I can't actually get my mind why there would be lot's of these new particular model cars having only the passenger side mirror glass stolen.
That would be it I reckon...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #13
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
That would be it I reckon...
Depends where you live or park. I know there are quite alot of drop kicks in my town who would do this kind of thing.
My mirror sticks out, now I am going to be worried.
Joel. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #14
Victor1

I'm worried as well ,if it's that easy to vandalise my car!!!!!?!?!!?!
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 08:07 PM   #15
shellstar98

I got the glass from ford today and the rats wanted to charge me $68 to install a piece of glass.. I was like u have got to be kidding for a piece of glass yep takes 30 minutes he said plus we might break it so we need insurance and I can't do it till tuesday. I said forget it thats pure robbery, I then went to my local mechanic with the mirror and he could'nt believe they were going to charge me $70 took literally 3 seconds for him to put on and cost me nothing..
Not sure who is worse the thieves or the thieves at the stealership..
This user likes this post:
Old 19-08-2016, 08:07 PM   #16
shellstar98

This happened in altona meadows vic
Old 19-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #17
CatonaPC©

Quote:
You read ALL the thread, didn't you? Because, you have just confirmed my theory.
Old 19-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #18
shellstar98

the western suburbs is getting alot worse wish I could move to the country then there would only be kangaroos to worry about.
Old 19-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #19
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bit different but similar story, my sisters 05 focus fuel door was pinched a while ago, interesting thing is the same car I see numerous ones missing them on them (fraud wanted 90 bucks for an unpainted one). Some people I just don't know anymore, stealing **** off others for themselves, I had my license plates stolen recently and I was ****en furious about the situation. Ended up paying $160 of my own $$$ for new plates, so I feel your pain. Just be thankful that yours cars not a bmw. I work there, and come across mirror glasses costing roughly $1000 (no lies mind you) to replace on some cars because of there heating, demisting elements in them etc. There just money pits and I wouldnt bother buying one.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2016, 09:43 PM   #20
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
You read ALL the thread, didn't you? Because, you have just confirmed my theory.
Sorry but I am not sure what you are saying, I don't understand your post?

Are you having a go at me?

Please explain?????

What I posted before I was saying that if so many left hand mirror glass are

disappearing with no signs of damage I think they would just be

most likely not stuck on in the factory & simply falling off the cars.
Old 19-08-2016, 11:50 PM   #21
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Sorry but I am not sure what you are saying, I don't understand your post?
Apologies. I'm not having a go at you.

I'm saying design laziness on the part of Ford is enticing opportunists an easy opportunity to pull the mirrors out. Read my earlier post. It might help answer your question about why passenger side mirrors seem to be disappearing in new cars.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2016, 01:20 AM   #22
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Look on ebay, you can probably buy it back.................

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2016, 08:32 AM   #23
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Apologies. I'm not having a go at you.

I'm saying design laziness on the part of Ford is enticing opportunists an easy opportunity to pull the mirrors out. Read my earlier post. It might help answer your question about why passenger side mirrors seem to be disappearing in new cars.
No problems, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I had read your earlier post & I fully understand what you are saying about them sticking out
but I honestly don't believe anyone would be stealing so many left hand mirrors.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #24
shellstar98

Yep definitely keeping ford spare parts in business thats for sure will be much better when after market ones become available
Old 22-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #25
shellstar98

I can assure you fairlane the mirror did not fall out on its own it was there before i went to work and gone when I got back
Old 22-08-2016, 09:19 PM   #26
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can assure you fairlane the mirror did not fall out on its own it was there before i went to work and gone when I got back
You can say whatever you like Shelly
but I find the idea that a thief or a gang of thieves are running around the country

only stealing late model Ford Focus passenger side mirror glasses absolutely laughable!
Old 22-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #27
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

It gets done. Our AU passenger mirror went missing. They just dont fall out.

$20 bucks from wreckers. 10s to fit

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2016, 09:59 PM   #28
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
It gets done. Our AU passenger mirror went missing. They just dont fall out.
Yeah, I know it happens occasionally on any car but
this person is claiming that Ford said that they are getting calls every day from customers having
lh mirror glasses stolen from these particular model late model cars.
(Please read the first post on the thread again.)

Plenty of Focus owners on the forum......
Why has this thread not had any other replies from other Focus owners who have had their passenger side mirror glass stolen then?

As I posted before, I don't believe there is a gang of "Passenger Side Focus Mirror Glass Thieves" running around the country.

Last edited by Fairlane 500; 22-08-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #29
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Had my clear side marker indicators stolen from my eb Fairmont lol
What kind of poor candy *** thieves do this kind of stuff...
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2016, 07:43 PM   #30
shellstar98

Found out today that someone also stole the mirror off a nissan 4wd from the same carpark mine was stolen from ...wondering if they are collecting these mirrors to sell at the local market will be checking it out tomorrow