Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Rezab

Default Left with a smashed window and a stolen GPS!

Some one smashed driver window to enter the car, unfortunately I was keeping my GPS in dashboard and so it is the only thing he could find.

I guess he used something like a screwdriver to crack the window by putting it as a leverage between window glass and frame and then bending the cracked window into the car.

Any way now there are 6 very bad marks on the window frame, a smashed window and missing GPS! very sad day:-(

I dropped the car in the ford dealer to take care of this and some other minor issues. So if any one have an estimation about the cost I will be thankful to hear.

Also the windows are tinted and as far as ford says they don't have that I need to get it tinted somewhere else.

Thanks

p.s. Police said there is literally no chance to get the thief! what a wonderful situation!

Rezab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
burnz
VFII SS UTE

well i can't say i feel sorry for you.
you should have put $300 on your dash aswell.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Rezab

Thanks burnz for your sympathy!
To have you in my side let me tell you that they will smash the window any way! They look for GPS's stand on the windscreen and as far as they see that (or even only its mark) they will smash the window.
As more I get familiar to the city there was less use for GPS I'm not very sad about the GPS as I am about the window and those damages to the door.
Any way thank you for yuor advice, next time I remember to put money and a thankful note too!
Old 18-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

burnz that was a bit harsh. No one asks for stuff to be stolen. Just means society has degraded where people like yourself blame the victim not the criminal. Very very sad.
Old 18-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, burnz put it a bit harshly, but I have to agree. Leaving your GPS on the screen is asking for trouble these days. Especially with all the media attention I've seen about stolen GPSs.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
Rezab

Sorry but as a non-australian temporary resident here I wasn't aware of media attention to all GPS related crimes!
After all GPS was in the dashboard and yes the stand was on the windscreen. Although as far as I'm concern there is no difference cause they would crash window as soon as they see the stand or it's mark on window.

Ok, now if you guys can forgive me for being so stupid to think that here in australia we can leave the stand on the screen, please move on to the second part of story about window's fixing and tinting costs!

Peace!
Old 19-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear about the theft. Happened to my gf's brothers with my gps. A new window shouldn't cost that much I reckon about $200 and $60 for new tint on it. But with Ford dealership doing it, it could go way past that dollar amount I guessed. Hopefully when you get your new gps you keep it on you at all times. But we can't help the theives who like to ruin peoples car.

Let us know what the final telly comes too. Will be interesting

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #8
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Bugger dude! Sorry to hear....some people just don't respect other peoples property these days... :( So Sad
Old 19-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
Rezab

So, I got my car back from Denmac ford (indooroopilly, Brisbane) and it costs $365.
(not tinted yet, so I have to pay another $60 for that)
I will contact ford about the price, cause here you talked about $200 and this is significantly lower than what I paid.
Any way I got my lessons:
1- Don't ever never think about letting a nickel remains in the car!
2- Make sure that driver window is wide open, also console and dashboard doors too! Let dear thieves see that there is nothing worthy in the car.
3- Police is a very good luxury, they have beautiful car and very nice attitude. But a stolen GPS isn't what they are interested about. That's my problem as far as I'm the one stupid enough to think about being secure. So I had to pay the stupidity indirect TAX!

Cheers
Old 19-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

hard luck mate. next time you may wish to consider a car with built in GPS :P But then, they'd probably take the whole car.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezab
So, I got my car back from Denmac ford (indooroopilly, Brisbane) and it costs $365.
(not tinted yet, so I have to pay another $60 for that)
I will contact ford about the price, cause here you talked about $200 and this is significantly lower than what I paid.
Like I said. I was only taking a stab in the dark of what price they would charge you. But given that. Maybe have a chat to them.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post