Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
rustyrusty
Starter Motor

Default Problem Festiva

I have a 2000 festiva it idles ok when crusing at say 100kl if you take your foot off it seems to die its ok while you are powering on or up a hill i have checked the hoses and they seem ok any idea it never stops if you hold your foot at the same level it will slow down and eventually go again any ideas please.

rustyrusty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrusty
I have a 2000 festiva it idles ok when crusing at say 100kl if you take your foot off it seems to die its ok while you are powering on or up a hill i have checked the hoses and they seem ok any idea it never stops if you hold your foot at the same level it will slow down and eventually go again any ideas please.
Yeah.
Use a grammar checker FFS.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

You haven't jump started it have you?

My Grandmother had her Pintara jump started by an NRMA guy (against his advice), because she was too tight to pay for a new battery, and it fried the ECU.

Had the same effect. Had to get a new one installed, and that cost her MUCH more than the battery would have...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thin you nailed the problems in the 1st few words "I have a ... festiva"
Theres your problem
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #5
BlackLS

Auto or manual?

I think its either an idle problem or something to do with spark. May also have a fuel supply problem
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post