Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Mustang and Ranger: over 70% of Ford sales in May

Quote:
Toyota’s evergreen HiLux was Australia’s top-selling new vehicle again last month, when utility and SUV sales growth continued to utstrip that of passenger cars, resulting in a 2.3 per cent overall sales increase.

Despite improved sales for all top 10 brands except Hyundai, Holden and Nissan – and all segments except light, large, upper large, small SUV and 4x2 ute -- the industry is still down on last year’s record level following its sales slump of more than five per cent last month.

According to sales figures obtained by motoring.com.au, official VFACTS numbers to be released on Monday will show Toyota was the top-selling brand again in May, followed by Mazda, Hyundai, Ford, Holden, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Volkswagen, Kia and Subaru.

The biggest winners were Kia (up more than 40 per cent month-on-month on the back of strong Cerato and Sportage sales), Toyota and Ford (both up more than 15 per cent) and Volkswagen, which lifted by more than 11 per cent thanks to the Jetta, Touareg, Passat Alltrack and its commercial vans.

Ford was again buoyed by sales of the Ranger (4070 -- up more than 30% in May) and Mustang, which found more than 1350 buyers, Together with the Ranger, the two disparate models accounted for more than 70 per cent of the Blue Oval’s monthly sales.

All Toyota models were up in May except the Prius family, Corolla, 86 and Fortuner, and once again its biggest sellers were the HiLux (4155 – up more than 10%), the soon-to-be-axed locally-built Camry (1780 – up 80%), Prado (1620 – up 40%) and LandCruiser wagon (1315 – up 34%).

Mitsubishi was also up, by more than 6.5 per cent, thanks to sales spikes for the ASX, Outlander, Pajero Sport and Triton 4x4 -- as was Mazda, by just over three per cent, following sales rises for all models except the 2, 6 and BT50 4x4.

Other big winners were Honda (up 43.5 per cent thanks to its new Civic) and Isuzu UTE, which recently launched upgraded D-MAX and M-UX models.

The big losers in May were Nissan (down 9.9 per cent after all models except QASHQAI, X-TRAIL, Navara 4x2 and 370Z declined), Hyundai (down 7.7 per cent after all models except Tucson, Elantra, Accent and i40 declined) and Holden – down 6.6 per cent following sales slumps by all models car Caprice and Colorado.

The LCV/SUV boom continued across the industry, with the HiLux and Ranger being Australia’s top-selling models in May, and the only two to find more than 4000 customers.

Australia’s most popular new vehicle in 2016, the HiLux was Toyota’s and the nation’s top-seller for the third month in a row, with the Ranger next best and easily Ford’s best-seller.

Behind them were the once-dominant small cars, Toyota’s Corolla (3160 – down 5%), Hyundai’s new i30 (2685 – down almost 30%) and, filling out the top five last month, the Mazda3 with 2595 sales – down 20 per cent.

The second half of the top 10 models in May was dominated by SUVs including the new Mazda CX-5 (2300 – up 8.5%), Hyundai Tucson (2135 – up 30%) and Nissan X-TRAIL (1990 – up 30%).

Holden’s Colorado ute (1925 – up more than 35%) was ninth, with the same brand’s final homegrown Commodore rounding out the top 10 with 1925 sales – down 18 per cent.

In yet another sign of the times, of the 10 most popular new vehicles purchased last month, three were utes, three were SUVs, three were small cars and Australia’s one-time favourite car was last.

https://carsales.mobi/editorial/details/ED-ITM-107447
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mustang and Ranger: over 70% of Ford sales in May

****, 1350 Mustangs sold in one month.. Who would have thought after over a year on sale, they would still be selling so many.. Our allocation of Mustang's must have raised over time if we can sell 1350 per month.

And the key number in there is 15% up YOY, without Falcon, Falcon ute & Territory.. That's a very good month IMO.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought everyone said the Mustang bubble had popped...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
Nu66et
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it keeps going, it will probably slow down just in time for a new model anyway. Buyers won't need to be waiting 4+ years for a significantly new model like the local cars.
Nu66et is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The old Ford versus Holden rivalry isn't what it was while local manufacturing was steaming along, but the*battle still matters to many.
Therefore it's interesting to note the Ford convincingly outsold Holden in Australia*last month - for just the second time since 1999.
Ford Australia sold 7617 vehicles here last month, up 15.7 per cent. This compares to Holden with 6917 units, down 6.6 per cent.

© CarAdvice.com.au Ford's Mustang has given the car maker a rare win over Holden and its Commodore.
This result hasn't exactly come out of the blue. Ford last beat Holden in April 2016, but since then it has run the latter very close (just a two-unit gap last month).
Year-to-date (YTD) Holden leads Ford 32,840 versus 31,852, though the latter's sales are down 10.4 per cent while Ford's are down 0.7 per cent.

Driving Ford's sales was the Ranger ute, which was the second-most popular vehicle in the country last behind its Toyota HiLux rival, and ahead of the Corolla.

©…
The Ranger managed 4069 units (3384 being the expensive 4x4s), meaning this commercial vehicle represented 53 per cent of Ford's total.
Holden's Ranger rival, the Colorado, managed a respectable 1924 sales and actually grew its volumes substantially.
Holden also sold 353 Commodore Utes.Amazing it was the 18-month old Mustang that was Ford's #2 vehicle last month, with a simply staggering 1351 sales - many of which were satisfying extant orders.

©…
To give some context, this is more sales than the Honda Civic or Subaru Forester (neither of which are rivals, but both of which are more conventionally 'mainstream').
Holden's answer to the Mustang in lieu of the Camaro is the Australian-made Commodore, which managed 1841 sales (down 18 per cent).
Making up the numbers*for Ford were the Escape medium SUV on 537, Focus small car on 469, Everest SUV on 378, Mondeo mid-sized car on 236, Ford Transit range on 197, the axed Territory large SUV on 138, battling Fiesta city car on 118 and the EcoSport crossover on 104.

©…
Ford also sold 12 Falcon*sedans and 4 utes, with stocks now basically gone.
Holden's stronger players beyond the Colorado and Commodore/Ute were the Astra small car with 835, Captiva large SUV on 726, Trax crossover on 488, Trailblazer SUV on 297, Barina city car on 282, Spark micro car on 113 and the dying Caprice on 48.
All this being said, H0lden is launching a heap of new cars by 2020*including the Chevy-based Astra sedan, Opel-based*Commodorehatch and wagon, plus the desperately-needed*Equinox and Acadia SUVs.
Ford's plans include a revised EcoSport this year, plus the Territory-replacing*Endura next year and probably the new-generation Fiesta (albeit not confirmed).
http://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/ne...cid=spartandhp
Old 05-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #6
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

12 Falcon sedans & 4 utes!
No wonder they pulled out of Australia!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just hope Ford see fit to offer a high performance version of the Ranger when available, as I could only imagine how the new 3.0L V6 tdi heading into the F-150 fitted into Ranger plus maybe sneak in a 2.7LV6 ecoboost would add high-end sales and more profits.
Plus....the Edge needs to be supplied with the most powerful engines available as well...you dudded us by not offering the Transit Custom in 125kW version.
Dr Smith is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #8
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel to see Ford beat Holden.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I just hope Ford see fit to offer a high performance version of the Ranger when available, as I could only imagine how the new 3.0L V6 tdi heading into the F-150 fitted into Ranger plus maybe sneak in a 2.7LV6 ecoboost would add high-end sales and more profits.
Plus....the Edge needs to be supplied with the most powerful engines available as well...you dudded us by not offering the Transit Custom in 125kW version.
I agree, but if they offer poorer economy in a work or family vehicle. a lot will be turned off
has anybody got any figures for how many Territory Turbos were sold?
Car magazines were so quick to point out how bad its fuel economy was, something they don't normally do on sports car articles.

Edge just need to be sold here, 138 of the remaining Territory's doesn't cut it. they are missing on a whole segment
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #10
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Ford's plans include a revised EcoSport this year, plus the Territory-replacing*Endura next year and probably the new-generation Fiesta (albeit not confirmed)" is this Ford speak that the Fiesta might be dropped from the range ? Ford need a reasonably priced small car..Ford seem too take long in getting new models to Australia. A friend of mine has an Ambiente Everest and loves it...
Old 06-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #11
XWGT