Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-09-2016, 08:09 AM   #1
Samurai_Chris

Default How do I reset my cars computer?

The wife has a 2011 Ford Focus LW Trend Hatch. We are currently in the class action against Ford re the transmissions. I have a Sport Sedan.

So for the last 4 months, the wifes Trend has sat in the garage, as after a late shift one night, doing 100k/ph up the motorway, her steering turned off, and she was lucky she didnt kill herself as she headed off the road towards some tree's. The dash screen screams steering malfunction. Took it to Ford, they said it was two code errors and the whole rack had to be replaced for 3 1/2 grand.. Oh, and that I wasn't covered because I always had my car serviced by my family mechanic, so they stated I was not a loyal customer! (My last 4 cars have been Ford's, Territory, XR6, and two Focus') So go figure..

So anyway, I have had it at my local auto electrician, best in the business here, and he was unable to get his machine to read it. So I took my sport in, and again, couldn't read the computer. He had another guy from Brisbane come up. Nup, no dice. Only model he has ever had this problem with!

So picked it up yesterday, and brought it home, to notice that my centre console is stuck on a date that says 2011??? And doesn't move..

So not only has Ford laughed in my face, I am paying off a car, that doesn't do anything. So does anyone here know anything about the electronics of this car? As I believe that it is not a physical issue, but a software one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
Samurai_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2016, 02:23 AM   #2
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How do I reset my cars computer?

For the clock, set the time to 24-hour, then set it back to 12-hour. Apparently this works for people.

Don't know what tools your guy is using but FORScan will read everything, even the TCM. Do a reset of everything. I did this for my car even though I didn't have drivability issue to start fresh and peace of mind.

also, steering wheel can fail if it's not getting power as it's EPAS. Check your battery/alternator and wiring.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post