Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Boot light (LR Focus)

I have just noticed this recently. Even when I lock my doors, my boot light stays on. Does anyone elses or do I have to drag my car back to the ford dealer?

Thanks

FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'm a little worried how you know this - how much time have you spent in the boot with all the doors locked? :

I have no idea if that is normal or not, I can try it later on when I get home from work though if noone else knows, with a time delay camera.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

didnt realise focus had a boot light?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yep it sure does have one.

Didnt know it stayed on though... interesting dear watson

Chris
Old 11-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
simonr
Focus Rookie

i have never seen i boot light go on :

maybe the bulb is gone :S

where bouts is this light?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have only noticed when I'm driving I notice it in the rear vision mirror at night. The light is on the left hand side where the belt reel is.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Sounds like a problem with the switch in the rear hatch to me It shouldn't stay on. Try jiggling the switch a few times (wherever it is).............yeh, very technical suggestion I know
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I can confirm the light does not stay on with the hatch closed, indeed any other door to the vehicle can be open and it will remain off.

Here is the location of the light for those that wanted to know:

Regards, Timmeh
Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #9
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tim your very technical minded do you have any idea where the switch is? I cbf taking it back to ford, for all the hassle of just a light.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #10
simonr
Focus Rookie

wow i have a boot light.. the wire/bulb had fallen out of the holder thing and down into the void there..
Old 11-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yup mines fine, but I may see if i can make it a little brighter. Typical me, never satisified.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:47 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I wanted to tap in one on the right too to brighten it... might just be able to use a brighter LED instead perhaps?
Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

yeah i think that would be the easiest way, i wanted to put one in on the other side too but dodgy wiring inc. died when i sold the Falcon.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #14
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Curse the boot light...i've tried wiggling, fiddling...you name it...light still stays on, next out comes the hammer because in my book the hammer fixes everything
Old 12-10-2005, 06:32 PM   #15
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

A chippy mate of mine always referred to his hammer as a precision "knockometer" (knock-om-eter). Sounds like what you need
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
Tim your very technical minded do you have any idea where the switch is? I cbf taking it back to ford, for all the hassle of just a light.
Unfortunately, it's not a simple stand alone switch that is easily accessible. It's part of the hatch locking mechanism, which says to me that because it gets shocked everytime the hatch closes, it is subject to forces that can cause it to fail, in either the on or off position.

In the photo above, it's located in the top of the locking mechanism, those other two small black things to the left and right are just locators for the mechanism, not switches.

Timmeh
Old 12-10-2005, 10:57 PM   #17
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Tim, I've fixed it without using a hammer...simply took the globe out, but I will look at the mechanism properly tomorrow. Thanks for everyones help, if not I will drag it back to Ford(again)
Old 06-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #18
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Finally got my boot light fixed, without using a hammer or any other tool. It was my aftermarket alarm that was causing the problem. Faulty pin in the bonnet. Happy it's fixed and no more locking myself in the boot anymore lol :sm_headba