Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #1
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Unhappy Car Keyed - help

Hi All,

My car got keyed the other night (F**KERS).

All down the passenger side and over the bonnet. The scratches aren't too deep, down to the primer.

Can the damage be repaired without a full panel by panel respray ?

Any recommendations for good places in Adelaide for me to take the car to ?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
turbo00007
Boost

Sorry pal but you need to get it resprayed
Happened to me a few years back , Worse still it was a friends car i had borrowed
Still s me when i think of it
Old 24-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
Forest Bear

Just unlucky your car was parked in the path of an utter rs-hole. I'm worried about my car at the moment because it really stands out. My old Astra got deliberately scratched on the back a few years back.

There's not much you can do except be more careful about where and when you park the car.

It would be nice to catch to the person responsible...hmm...I'd assess the cost of the repair and give that person the option of either waiting for police and subsequently paying for repair or leave him on his way but with dental work he'll need to have to the value of cost of repair.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

RESPRAY...

Definately an Insurance job then ! Bummer, just as I've got 60% no claims too.

If i ever find out who did it...teeth wouldn't be the only bits missing...try fingers too!!

Thanks for the replies,

Mike
Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #5
gtfpv
GT

my gt got keyed after 2 weeks of driving it home from the dealer. i always look at xr8's and gt's now and 50% in sydney are keyed . it sux . so your not on your own . sorry to hear . i know how you feel.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

I just never understand what drives people do key someones car, its not like those that do it know who you are (sometimes this may be the case)....

I just dont get it.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #7
Kaddis
Kaddis Customs

my mums magna got keyed right across the bonnet and when the panel beaters where fixing the smashed rear end they ended up filling it in with something but you cant notice it even looking closely now
Old 04-11-2005, 12:47 AM   #8
EDXR
GRRRRRR

My old car got keyed a few years back and i didn't catch the sh1thead but i did see a smoke blowing vh commie driving off when i returned to my car. I had only left it for 5 mins tops and it was enough time for the sh1ts to run a very deep scrape from the front tip of the front guard to the very back of the rear guard on both sides.

The problem is i couldn't pin the blame on anyone because i didn't catch them in the act. Even though it was very sus timing that vh commie may just have been driving past at that time and had nothing to do with it at all.

I suppose, i owned a high performance,late model jap sports car which was wearing p plates at the time so it was to be expected to a certian extent.
I imagine the retard that did it thought that daddy had bought it for me but that car and the stupidly overpriced insurence policy were all payed for by me with hours and hours of overtime and weekend work.

I still to this day don't understand what people get out of defacing someone elses property. I imagine they drive unroadworthy sh1theaps and are angry at those with nicer cars than theirs.
All i know is that after a complete respray (only the damaged panels were sprayed to begin with but silver fades and it didn't match so the whole car was done) i could never park the car anywhere without wondering if i would return to it the same way.

I sold it a month later and bought an older model falcon and never had a problem although it's still always in the back of my mind.

ED XR6-polynesian green,factory 5 spd manual,factory electric sunroof,momo wheel,cruise control,custom plates.
EDXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #9
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B
Hi All,
My car got keyed the other night (F**KERS).
All down the passenger side and over the bonnet. The scratches aren't too deep, down to the primer.
Can the damage be repaired without a full panel by panel respray ?
Any recommendations for good places in Adelaide for me to take the car to ?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Mike see PM, but if you still havn't had this fixed i would like to have a look as the chip and scratch repair kits i have may be able to repair this and i am willing to test a small area and if it works repair your keyed marks at no charge.

worst case as others have said a respray.

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #10
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B
RESPRAY...

Definately an Insurance job then ! Bummer, just as I've got 60% no claims too.

If i ever find out who did it...teeth wouldn't be the only bits missing...try fingers too!!

Thanks for the replies,

Mike
My baby was keys when she was only 4 days old.. So if anyone ever needs a hand with dealing with someone that has keyed please give me a call... I got alot of pent up anger on this subject...all i am waiting for is to catch someone in the act... i dont even care if it is my car or not... the next time you will talk to me is in 15-25... or behind some very thick glass!

Only a matter of time....

Russ