Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
KJGH
G6E Driver

Default Focus Remote Keys

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had to replace the remote module of their car key? I have just replaced mine (washing machine incident). The old module was rooted but would start the car and open the car old school via the dredded key hole. The remote functionality was just rooted.

I bought a new module and programmed as per the car manual instructions. Remote functions work but the car won't start now. There is something in the manual about data exchange between spare and new keys but I cannot get this to work. Does the data exchange mean copying key info to the other key? I'll try again later as I drained the battery trying which meant I had to push start the car to get it going again. I've given it a good drive and the battery seems to be better now. Anyone got any tips? I have had two quotes on getting it programmed at Ford dealers. Dealer 1 $95 and dealer 2 $45.

Ken

Old 07-11-2005, 01:58 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Not exactly having a good day by the sound of things
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 02:08 PM   #3
KJGH
G6E Driver

You could say that. It's by far means the cheapest thing to get damaged by the incident but I'll spare the rant. Looking at it further, to copy it I need two keys. I'll try the spare and crook key (which still starts the car) I should be able to copy to the new. If it doesn't work I'll just get Ford to do it.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Only the most **** poor pathetic ridiculous remote in the world that doesn't have the power to even open the car when you're 5 metres away. Not user friendly, not a good range and the thing I hate the mOST about my car.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Only the most **** poor pathetic ridiculous remote in the world that doesn't have the power to even open the car when you're 5 metres away. Not user friendly, not a good range and the thing I hate the mOST about my car.
Read the thread BEFORE posting... he wasnt talking so much about the remote, but more about what happened to his LOL :

But yes, Zetec.... arent the Fiesta and MK1 Focus the same? Cause, mine opens more then 5m away....

As for your problem KJGH... id just get Ford to do it. I know when they programmed mine, they needed ALL keys to do it, otherwise the keys left out would be useless in starting the car. Something to do with the immobiliser code....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #6
melbzetec

Quote:
And I always thought it was just mine that had such a lousy range! I kept thinking the battery was dying.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Nope definitely crap range. You know (and this is proven fact - I've tried it!!) if you point the metal key into your head it gives you a greater ranger, acts like an antenna. Try it, I swear it works.

Anyway, they have to code keys in live time with Europe who store all the codes... so the Dealer will need to do this.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Nope definitely crap range. You know (and this is proven fact - I've tried it!!) if you point the metal key into your head it gives you a greater ranger, acts like an antenna. Try it, I swear it works.
: Is this one of those lick your elbow jokes?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #9
KJGH
G6E Driver

Thanks guys. I'll go to Geelong on my day off to do it. $50 cheaper than the local one in Oakleigh plus its good PR to see the parents.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #10
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
: Is this one of those lick your elbow jokes?

No, my father in law swears by it. Points the key at the car..nothing happens. Holds the key to his chin, bingo!