Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Focus Wagon Why Isn't It Here ?????

Why doesn't FORD bring in the Focus Wagon ??
Holden has the ASTRA Wagon!!!!

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

All Australian Focus's come from South Africa, and they may have to source them from Europe which would add considerably to the RRP.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 12:44 AM   #3
Franky
Bring back the Phase

maybe because it lacks practicallity here and looks rather average, but mainly because it's not made in SA
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I like it... I think Ford AUS should bring it here.... Give some competition to the 307 Touring and the Astra Wagon...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have bought a wagon for sure when I got my hatch. Never owned a hatch so that's why I got it. But a Wagon would be so much better.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are bringing in the XR5 from Europe. So, why not the wagon???
Old 16-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Nappa
Impressive...

Ford has been looking at bringing the rest of the model and bodystyle range out sometime next year, the wagon is a possibility, also a model witha turbo diesel engine. Our models are similar to what they have in the uk and in most cases we get different specs. sometimes they stik us a bit, but occasionally we get the better deal as in the case of our zetec that comes standard with 5 spoke 17's, where theirs comes with the 16's like what we have on our LX models. If they do bring the wagon here i'd say there would be a bit of a price jump. The XR5 is going to be great i cant wait to have a steer of one.

Cheers
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Holden manages to bring the Astra from Europe without too much price increase.....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 16-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

and how many do holden sell again?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #10
WASP
Whipple Induced

Just dumb question, is anyone actually buying the Astra wagon? Ive never seen one and I live in the Holden state. With the massive size of the LS Focus hatch boot I'm not sure why you would need it (in the majority). If I did for example a soft all wheel drive like Rav4 or Territory would be my preference.
Old 16-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #11
paul7v7
bring it on

are they selling enough Focus cars to warrant it?
Old 16-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #12
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7v7
are they selling enough Focus cars to warrant it?
Must be selling a few, as they need NZ's allocation to help keep up with demand.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #13
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am sure Ford would sell more Focus Wagons, than XR5's. Astra Wagons are $23,990+orc and top model $27,990.
Old 17-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #14
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

In line with Holdens move to become Korean, I am sure they will have lots of pressed-tin wagons to choose from in the future.

With fuel prices the way they are (yeah I know we hear it all the time lately but its valid), more families who need something bigger than a hatch will be looking at mid sized wagons instead of full sized vehicles, so I think it would be a good thing for Ford to bring into the country. I am not sure that SA don't make them? But if they have to import them from Europe, it could see them more expensive than the SA sourced vehicles. But as NZ are now sourcing their vehicles from Europe, Ford Aus could work out a deal with Ford NZ to combine shipping surely, if they had to.

I'd like to see the turbo diesel wagon here. 340Nm at 2000rpm, and fuel economy to boot, yes please (for a family truckster).

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Astra Wagons are selling.... I see ALOT of them where i work. Small tight streets.... hence the need for something small to fit, yet big enough for a weekend trip with the family. Ive seen quite alot to tell you the truth....

AND heaps of the Coupes (sorry, hatch)!

btw, why was this moved? Maybe the thread starter wanted a GENERAL response?

Old 26-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #16
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be interested in the wagon. We've got two dogs and want our next vehicle to be able to carry three- four people plus the dogs.

With petrol prices rising more people will be looking at downsizing from the smaller 4WD wagons like the Vitara, Sportage, Sorento, Tucson, Santa Fe etc. So the market size for small/ mid size wagons should be increasing.

There's currently small wagons in the following models - Corolla, Lancer, 307, Viva, Imprezza (not very practical) and Astra (*note two models from Holden!) Mid size includes- Liberty, A4/Passat, Mazda 6, Alfa 156, Volvo V40 - not too many affordable choices with the Vectra and Mondeo wagons no longer available.

A Territory or Falcon wagon, NO THANKS!