Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Dustin_80

Default when respect is a one way street

I'm not talking about a class battle.
I'm not even talking about when a sales 'professional' is insincere and speaks to you condescendingly.

What I'm asking is has anyone ever been in a spot where they have genuinely given 110% respect when dealing with a person and have been treated like dirt in return.

Before the typewriter tough guys start with their tall tales lets just assume for a moment the OP isn't a complete idiot.

I am asking this because a few days ago I was randomly interrogated by the most on-edge government worker I've ever seen. I mean this guy was worse than any Hollywood stereotype I've ever seen. Much worse.

Old 21-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: when respect is a one way street

I went to the local Police station to make a complaint about my neighbour and found a female (who was in civvy clothes and no name badge) behind the counter.
I explained what was going on (I was in uniform myself as im a member of defence) and the whole time she seemed totally uninterested. Eventually she then started raising her voice telling me i shouldnt stick my nose into other people business (I was reporting various issues about unregistered cars being driven around with victorian trade plates in QLD and swapping of number plates).

i was taken back a bit and wondered who she was and then she says she remembers me as she had apparently come out to investigate this fellow a yr prior due previous issue about my neighbour.

I told her i dont remember her and then she says plain as day in a loud voice... your a liar! and started going off at me.

At that point i recalled why i was single (at the time) and just smiled and said thank you so much for your time and walked out of the station.

And yes i did make a complaint about her attitude.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 21-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yes, I have, and it was because (as it turned out) they themselves were terribly insecure, and because of this they weilded the minute amount of authority they had over me in order to boost their own self worth.

You never know what people have been through, or what they are going through, so be polite, approach with calm and discresion... and if all else fails... get Agent Handratty to tell them a knock-knock joke...
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 21-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
Dustin_80

When exactly did it become the people serve the government and it's various departments and not the other way around?
Old 21-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

be extremely pleasant and politely tell them to ggf.. works a treat......
Old 21-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I get this all the time. Its called management staff. But they pay me, so I take it like a good little boy.
Old 21-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Dustin_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
I get this all the time. Its called management staff. But they pay me, so I take it like a good little boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
be extremely pleasant and politely tell them to ggf.. works a treat......
Thanks but this isn't really what I mean.
Old 21-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin_80
Thanks but this isn't really what I mean.
if someone is rude or gives me a hard time i tell them to gf.. easy...
Old 21-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
Dustin_80

Quote:
if someone is rude or gives me a hard time i tell them to gf.. easy...
Have fun explaining that one to the court when the target of your insults arrests you.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #10
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

You haven't worked in the public service, have you
Old 22-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #11
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have fun explaining that one to the court when the target of your insults arrests you.
any witnesses???.. whack a complaint in about it if you're that upset.. btw its not the end of the world being arrested dont let anyone stand over you...
Old 22-05-2011, 02:42 AM   #12
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
......dont ever let anyone stand over you...
What i was always taught....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 22-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #13
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

<quote> What I'm asking is has anyone ever been in a spot where they have genuinely given 110% respect when dealing with a person and have been treated like dirt in return. </quote>

Sounds like every night at work (bouncer)
Old 22-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
Dustin_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant
<quote> What I'm asking is has anyone ever been in a spot where they have genuinely given 110% respect when dealing with a person and have been treated like dirt in return. </quote>

Sounds like every night at work (bouncer)
Except every night at work you are only dealing with common drunk idiots. I too face this every single day at work.
This is not what I'm talking about. It is completely different.
Old 22-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

context is a wonderful thing.. you are being very secret squirrel with details... just maybe you deserved worlds biggest kent treatment...... either way man up and give as good as you get next time...
Old 22-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #16
Dustin_80

Quote:
context is a wonderful thing.. you are being very secret squirrel with details... just maybe you deserved worlds biggest kent treatment...... either way man up and give as good as you get next time...
Why is it whenever I read a post which is poorly thought out, impulsive and impractical it always ends up being your posts?
Old 22-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #17
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
You haven't worked in the public service, have you
People are cranky these days always in a rush and want everything done yesterday is the problem.
I work in retail management and some of the things that have been said to me are beyond belief and a lot of the time i bite my tongue.
Im like FFS i work in a supermarket, im not here to put up with your crap. Annoys me to no end sometimes.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 22-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #18
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why is it whenever I read a post which is poorly thought out, impulsive and impractical it always ends up being your posts?
and i am the one that cant work life out and turn to the internerd for a sook.......
Old 22-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
and i am the one that cant work life out and turn to the internerd for a sook.......
i lol'd
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 22-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #20
Scott

Quote:
I am asking this because a few days ago I was randomly interrogated by the most on-edge government worker I've ever seen.
How randomly?

Random like you were mowing your lawn and he fell out of a Mumbai bound plane onto your hedge?

or..

Random like you got in your car, drove to his place of work, sat down in front of him and started a discussion that made him think you were an idiot?

or..

Random like you were doing something stupid and the government worker in a blue uniform caught you?

or..

Random like he just called to make your life misery?

Context would help attract an empathizer or two.
Old 22-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #21
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
How randomly?

Random like you were mowing your lawn and he fell out of a Mumbai bound plane onto your hedge?
Yep that would def be random.
Old 22-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
I went to the local Police station to make a complaint about my neighbour and found a female (who was in civvy clothes and no name badge) behind the counter.
I explained what was going on (I was in uniform myself as im a member of defence) and the whole time she seemed totally uninterested. Eventually she then started raising her voice telling me i shouldnt stick my nose into other people business (I was reporting various issues about unregistered cars being driven around with victorian trade plates in QLD and swapping of number plates).

i was taken back a bit and wondered who she was and then she says she remembers me as she had apparently come out to investigate this fellow a yr prior due previous issue about my neighbour.

I told her i dont remember her and then she says plain as day in a loud voice... your a liar! and started going off at me.

At that point i recalled why i was single (at the time) and just smiled and said thank you so much for your time and walked out of the station.

And yes i did make a complaint about her attitude.

I think I have met her she abused me for speeding she followed me for 4kilometeres in an unmarked car.
I was thinking who is this nutbag driving real close to me getting right up the back of my car around corners then hitting the brakes and skidding and backing off.
When she pulled me over she went off at me about speeding looked the car over . I asked the male cop who was the passenger what speed I was doing he said seemed ok to him .
She had brown hair short and was menstural from my recollections.
I was in a20 year old statesman she was in a new commodore
Old 22-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #23
Dustin_80

Quote:
How randomly?

or..

Random like you got in your car, drove to his place of work, sat down in front of him and started a discussion that made him think you were an idiot?

or..

Random like you were doing something stupid and the government worker in a blue uniform caught you?

or..

Random like he just called to make your life misery?

Context would help attract an empathizer or two.
Since you dont seem to have the IQ to figure this out for yourself I am deliberately providing minimum details.
I have said it was a random interrogation and that's all you need to know. Why you cant figure that out is beyond me.
Old 22-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
Dustin_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
i lol'd
Old 22-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #25
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Since you dont seem to have the IQ to figure this out for yourself I am deliberately providing minimum details.
I have said it was a random interrogation and that's all you need to know. Why you cant figure that out is beyond me.
You asked a question, without context it's impossible to give you the answer you want.

I'd avoid attacking a person's intelligence, it's not necessary - unless of course that's what you're aiming for?

Every day someone will have the potential to annoy you to the point where you wonder how they've managed to live for so long being the rude obnoxious idiot they are. Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and move on, don't let it get to you - because when you care too much about what happens...it starts to eat you inside.

As an aside, if that's how you're going to speak to someone asking you a question...perhaps it was deserved...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 22-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #26
Kryton

Going by the lack of detail id probably say its your own fault and you deserved it.
Reading your replies so far in this thread just backs that up.
Your quick to be lippy and attack people for no reason at all.
Consider yourself lucky you werent 'read' the phone book.
Funny how you start a thread like this and then shown a total lack of respect for every other user here.
Yep, id say you bought it all on yourself.

Last edited by Kryton; 22-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 22-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #27
Scott

Quote:
So you've had a tiff with someone who thought you were a fool and you'd like to know that you aren't the only one to be told so. You hope that lots of people will share details of how they have been "mistreated" yet you deliberately will not disclose your own event.

I don't know why I can't work it out

edit - My guess is you went and dobbed, only to be told to stop your bloody whining:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11331163

Last edited by Scott; 22-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 22-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #28
Dustin_80

Quote:
So you've had a tiff with someone who thought you were a fool and you'd like to know that you aren't the only one to be told so. You hope that lots of people will share details of how they have been "mistreated" yet you deliberately will not disclose your own event.

I don't know why I can't work it out

edit - My guess is you went and dobbed, only to be told to stop your bloody whining:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11331163
You guessed wrong. The evidence keeps piling up with regard to your IQ.
Old 22-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #29
Dustin_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Going by the lack of detail id probably say its your own fault and you deserved it.
Reading your replies so far in this thread just backs that up.
Your quick to be lippy and attack people for no reason at all.
Consider yourself lucky you werent 'read' the phone book.
Funny how you start a thread like this and then shown a total lack of respect for every other user here.
Yep, id say you bought it all on yourself.
Oh that's right. It's my fault that the users here assume right off the rank that I'm some kind of criminal.
It's my fault I am motivated to shoot down users who would suggest that I'm possibly a criminal.
It's my fault that I have to repeat the encounter was completely random.
It's my fault the users here cant accept some simple facts.
Old 22-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #30
Dustin_80

Quote:
Oh that's right. It's my fault that the users here assume right off the rank that I'm some kind of criminal.
It's my fault I am motivated to shoot down users who would suggest that I'm possibly a criminal.
It's my fault that I have to repeat the encounter was completely random.
It's my fault the users here cant accept some simple facts.
This forum has to be the worst I've ever seen for making assumptions and always to the effect that the OP is at fault for any one of a hundred reasons pulled straight out of their *$#.
Closed Thread