Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Default Online foriegn exchange

Hi guys,
Anyone regularly transfering money from overseas to AUD?
At the moment I'm doing it through my bank, but I'm paying through the nose in commissions, overseas transfer fees and bank fees.
Surely there's a better way?

Any good recommendations for online agents or accounts?

Cheers.

2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Online foriegn exchange

Just spoke to my mum ( travel agent for a few yrs now ) , travel ex or western union for instant payments , good luck with we lol , exchange rates are so over the shop now day by day that banks are a bit shy , If your not getting stiffed too much atm stick with it . just my 2c
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They all seem to charge like wounded bulls! :(

I do a fair bit of USD to AUD and back as well as English pounds and I'll swear they all have a lend of me.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HSBC to ANZ cost 9 pounds to transfer 10,000 Pounds and 22 Dollars to transfer 15,000 AUD back. Had very competitive rates too, so don't know what ans how your being treated ( we were 'Premium customers' though)(or perhaps the figures are small enough)
This was before the Australian Dollar went high and pound sank. Guess where it is all now...

Not in Oz

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
SeduceXR
Seduce FG XR8

removed
SeduceXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post