Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 24-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Biggie86
F6TyphoonBigs86

Default F6TyphoonBigs86

Hi Guys.

I'm very new to ford forum and i have just purchased a 05 mk11 f6 typhoon 6sp man and i have a couple of questions... it is stock besides SS induction with dragon filter and a 2 1/2 twin system cat back, I live in brisbane and im looking for a good performance shop to get some power upgrades if anyone has any suggestions. Now since i have picked this car up I have notice when pulling of and reversing i am hearing a slight click noise in the rear end sounds like suspension but i thought maybe its a common noise that someone can point me in the right direction and also when under load with a full car load i felt a slight vibration in the rear end if anyone could help me with these question i would greatly appriciate it

thanks in advance

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005 - Copy.JPG (132.9 KB, 129 views)
Biggie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: F6TyphoonBigs86

The vibration and noise from the rear end are likely to be one of the rear suspension bushes - in terms of a good shop you could look at Elite (one of our site sponsors).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Rear bushes, common problem with these... However a click noise when reversing could also be another problem which I cant think what the problem could be right now, but I remember a similair issue like that with the BA MKII XR6 I had (will get back to you on that).
Also, welcome to the forums...
Old 26-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Biggie86
F6TyphoonBigs86

Hey thanks heaps guys someone told me my rear hub bushes needed replacing so that might take car of the click noise im getting and I herd there is a rear hine or hind bush that is common to go on these..... loving this forum you guys are so helpful on here... I have another question do you guys organise cruise days here and if so when would be the next one in brisbane and for future reference do i look on the forum or is there another section i look for cruise events

thanks again
Biggie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Fordlover1313
Banned

Very nice looking car
Fordlover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Click is less a problem than a clunk, if you know what I mean.
Being a manual it's harder on diff rubbers etc.
Get under it & have a look.
If its only a rubber problem be sure to understand that if you go for harder aftermarket bushes you WILL have much more noise from the diff.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post